User Manual for Tiffen 5x6" Decamired Blue Set of Cooling Glass Filters Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Tiffen 5x6" Decamired Blue Set of
- Product category: Light Balancing/Color Conversion Tiffen
- Brand: Tiffen
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Tiffen Light Balancing/Color Conversion
User manual for the Tiffen 5x6" Decamired Blue Set of contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Tiffen product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Tiffen user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Tiffen product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description The Tiffen 5x6" Decamired Blue Set of Glass Filter - Takes the guesswork out of determining color temperature. Acts as a conversion filter for color temperature adjustments from any point to any other point in the color temperature scale. Can be used to create "proper" coloration in unusual situations and to make creative alterations. Applications include keeping color temperature constant during the course of the day and producing the effect of different times of day. Available in two series, reddish filters that warm the light and bluish filters that cool the light. Each series contains 4 densities: 1.5, 3, 6, and 12. Filters in the same series can be combined.
- The decamired system has an advantage over the Kelvin system in that the Kelvin scale is not linear
- Decamired readings provide more accurate/controllable readings than Kelvin
- The difference between the Mired value of the film and the Mired value of the light is the Mired value of the correction filter that correctly tailors the light to the film
A simple formula
- Mired value = 1000000 : Kelvin value
- Kelvin value = 1000000 : Mired value
- For 5600K daylight color film, the Mired value is 1000000 divided by 5600 = 78.6
- For 3000K artificial light, the Mired value is 1000000 divided by 3000 = 333.3
- 78.6 Mired - 333.3 Mired = -54.7 Mired, or -5 Decamired
- A positive value indicates a reddish KR filter, a negative value indicates a bluish KB filter
In the Box Tiffen 5x6" Decamired Blue Set of Cooling Glass Filters 4 x 5.65" Decamired Blue 1.5 Cooling Glass Filter 4 x 5.65" Decamired Blue 3 Cooling Glass Filter 4 x 5.65" Decamired Blue 6 Cooling Glass Filter TIDMBL1245P 10-Year Warranty Table of Contents
- Thus, the filter required to adapt the 3000K halogen light (the slightly low value results from the mains voltage being lower than its nominal voltage) to a 5600K daylight color film is a blue Conversion Filter
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Tiffen 5x6" Decamired Blue Set of Cooling Glass Filters in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Tiffen Decamired Specs
| Type || Decamired Cooling filter |
| Size || 5x6" (125 x 150 x 4 mm) |
| Grade || -1.5, -3, -6, and -12 |
| Filter Factor || Varies depending on what temperature it is being converted to |
| Multi-Coated || No |
| Rotating || No |
| Effect || Light balancing |
| Application || Architecture, interiors or anywhere where precise color balance is required |
| Color Temperature || Kelvin values can be converted into Mired values, which can then be added or subtracted from the Mired values of the filters |
| Construction || ColorCore Glass |
| Front Filter Thread Size || Not applicable |
| Front Lens Cap Size || Not applicable |
Rating50% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 60 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
SanDisk Ultra 32 GBT...
Iolo system mechanic users manual...
Metronomo korg ma-2...
JBL Extreme 2 Portable Bluetooth speaker...
Ashley Samson 6 audio mixer...