User Manual for Antares Audio Technologies SoundSoap 5 Audio Restoration and Noise Reduction Software Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Antares Audio Technologies SoundSoap 5 Audio
- Product category: Virtual Processor Plug-Ins Antares Audio Technologies
- Brand: Antares Audio Technologies
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Antares Audio Technologies Virtual Processor Plug-Ins
User manual for the Antares Audio Technologies SoundSoap 5 Audio contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Antares Audio Technologies product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Antares Audio Technologies user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Antares Audio Technologies product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description SoundSoap+ 5 from Antares Audio Technologies is easy-to-use audio-restoration and noise-reduction software that lets you quickly rescue your recordings from unwanted noises like air conditioners, traffic, fans, hiss, hum, clicks, pops, crackles, distortion/clipping, and low volume. It works as a plug-in or standalone on Mac and Windows computers and is well suited for anyone fixing audio problems with interviews, video projects, iPhone/iPad videos, podcasts, transferring LPs or cassettes, and more.The software comes with just a few simple controls. The Learn Noise control isolates the noise contained in your file and automatically sets the values for the Noise Tuner and Noise Reduction functions. Remove Click & Crackle and Remove Rumble are two powerful tools for cleaning your old LP transfers. Use Declipper if your audio is a little too hot or overdriven, and use Boost Volume if your track needs loudness. The Preserve Voice function helps maintain the audio quality of voice-only recordings that also contain noise. For visual help, the Wash Window provides a visual representation of the noise reduction process.SoundSoap+ 5 gives you additional controls, not found in SoundSoap 5 or SoundSoap Solo 5. A Downward Expander helps reduce noise in low-level audio, while the Hum Harmonics knob allows you to choose the number of hum harmonics removed from the audio. Furthermore, two high-/low-cut filters and six Enhance Presets let you add the sparkle back into your audio by boosting frequencies lost because of signal degradation.This version includes new features such as automatic Learn Noise mode, a graphical metering display, support for MP3 and FLAC, improved hum removal, and additional media playback controls, to name a few. Note: Requires iLok 2 or 3 USB Smart Key (available separately) and internet access for authorization.
- Rescue your recordings from noise problems like air conditioners, traffic, fans, hiss, hum, clicks, pops, crackles, distortion/clipping, and low volume
- Works as a plug-in inside your media-editing application or DAW, and as standalone application for Mac or Windows
- Opens most popular media formats, including H.264, MPEG-4, WAVE, AIFF, AAC, MP3, FLAC, and more
- Save to popular formats like M4V and AVI on Windows; and M4V and MOV on Mac
- On Mac, send your files with one click to popular destinations like Facebook, Vimeo, Email, Messaging, AirDrop, and more
- Control the range of frequencies where broadband noise reduction is applied
- Downward expander with adjustable compression ratio and threshold – effective tool for reducing noise in low-level audio
- Tone Enhancement controls for the multiband compressor give you more control over which audio frequencies you want to bring out, which is great for enhancing vocals and action camera footage
- Hum Harmonics knob controls the number of hum harmonics removed from the audio
- High-Frequency Cut is useful for eliminating hiss and other high-frequencies issues
- Low-Frequency Cut control for managing rumble and other low-frequency issues
- Track control with Threshold reduces the amount of noise reduction applied during louder parts of the audio
- Enhance Slider offers several presets to control which frequencies are boosted
- Waveform button toggles the Wash Window between a frequency-spectrum display and a waveform display
- Record audio straight into SoundSoap+ 5 - no need for a separate recording application
What's New in SoundSoap+ 5
- Automatic noise detection analyzes media files automatically to find the best location for learning noise and then uses this location to remove noise rather than using a generic noise profile (standalone mode only)
- Set the noise location on the waveform display in the Media Window, and move the vertical red indicator to learn noise at a new location in the media file (standalone mode only)
- Waveform display for video allows you to toggle a view between video and the audio waveform display (standalone mode only)
- Hum-removal algorithm has been greatly improved
- Enhanced media controls - return to start, backward, and forward key commands (standalone mode only)
- FLAC and MP3 support (standalone mode only)
- Full Bypass - the Power button on the Media Window now bypasses all SoundSoap+ 5 processing for true A/B comparing (standalone mode only)
Table of Contents
- You can reset all controls and the noise profile to their default settings (standalone mode only)
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Antares Audio Technologies SoundSoap 5 Audio Restoration and Noise Reduction Software in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Antares Audio Technologies 70003E Specs
| Mac || Intel CPU |
2 GB RAM minimum
50 MB storage available
OS X 10.6 minimum for AU, VST plug-ins, 32-/64-bit formats
OS X 10.9 or greater for standalone application
Internet connection for product activation
| Windows || 1 GHz or faster processor supporting SSE Instructions |
2 GB RAM minimum
50 MB storage
Windows 7, 8, 10
Required internet connection for product activation
| Supported Plug-In Formats || AAX Native (64-bit), AudioSuite (64-bit), AU (32-/64-bit), VST (32-/64-bit) |
| File Format Import || H.264, MPEG-4, WAVE, AIFF, AAC, MP3, FLAC |
| File Format Export || Mac: M4V and MOV |
Windows: M4V, AVI
Rating80% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 17 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment: