User Manual for APC Back-UPS BN450M Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the APC Back-UPS BN450M
- Product category: UPS Backup APC
- Brand: APC
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for APC UPS Backup
User manual for the APC Back-UPS BN450M contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any APC product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official APC user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a APC product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Designed for computers, wireless networking devices, gaming consoles, security systems, and other electronics, the Back-UPS BN450M from APC not only provides power to your critical electronics when the power goes out, but also offers surge, spike, and lighting protection for attached devices. It offers six total NEMA 5-15R outlets, two of which are surge-only outlets and four of which are battery backup & surge outlets, with three of the outlets featuring block spacing to allow bulky transformers to be plugged in without covering other outlets.
The BN450M provides an output capacity of 255W / 450 VA, a nominal output voltage of 120V, an output frequency of 50/60 Hz ±3 Hz, an input voltage of 120V at 50/60 Hz ±3 Hz using its included 5' cord with a NEMA 5-15P plug, has a surge energy rating of 180 joules, and a square waveform. Its sealed, lead-acid battery is maintenance-free and has suspended electrolytes and can be recharged in around 8 hours. When its load is 10W, the BN450M has a runtime of around 214.6 minutes and can also run for 37 minutes when its load is 50W, 15 minutes when its load is 100W, 11 minutes when running a half load of 127.5W, 5 minutes when its load is 200W, and 3 minutes when it is running a full load of 255W. Protection is provided by a limited 3-year warranty and a lifetime connected equipment guarantee of $75,000.
- Stay Connected for Hours During Storms and Blackouts
- The BN450M is designed to maximize runtimes for devices such as multiple computers and television equipment that consume high amounts of power. After these devices are safely shut down, the BN450M continues to run low power loads (such as home networking equipment) for over 3 hours during extended outages.
- Trusted Power Protection and Convenience
- The BN450M features a total of six power outlets, all of which shield your devices against dangerous surges and spikes in voltage. Four of these are battery-backed outlets that will continue to provide power to connected devices when there is an outage. This UPS also offers 3 transformer block spaced outlets, so you can connect bulky transformers without covering other outlets.
- ENERGY STAR Rated for Efficiency
- The Back-UPS BN450M is ENERGY STAR certified for its efficient operation and ability to help realize lower energy costs.
- Warranty and Equipment Protection Policy
- The Back-UPS BN450M is covered by a limited 3-year warranty. It also comes with a limited lifetime connected equipment protection policy of up to $75,000. APC will repair or replace attached devices that sustain surge-related damage while properly connected to a registered Back-UPS uninterruptible power supply unit.
- Safety-Agency Approved
- Helps ensures the product has been tested and approved to work safely with the connected service provider equipment and within the specified environment.
- Battery-Protected and Surge-Only Outlets
- Battery-protected outlets reserve power capacity and run time for connected equipment that require UPS battery backup, while also providing surge-only protection for less critical equipment. Surge-only outlets protect secondary electronics from surges and spikes without reducing battery power used to run primary electronics during an outage.
- Battery Failure Notification
- This provides early-warning fault analysis on batteries, thus enabling timely preventive maintenance.
- Automatic Self-Test
- A periodic battery self-test ensures early detection of a battery that needs to be replaced.
- Intelligent Battery Management
- Helps maximize battery performance, life, and reliability through intelligent, precision charging.
- LED Status Display
- Quickly understand unit and power status with visual indicators.
UPC: 731304329374 In the Box APC Back-UPS BN450M 5.0' / 1.5m Line Cord with NEMA 5-15 Right Angle Plug End Limited Lifetime $75,000 Equipment Protection Policy Limited 3-Year Warranty More from Manufacturer zfxrddubaxfszfba More info from APC Table of Contents
- Audible Alarms
- Provides notification of changing utility power and UPS power conditions.
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the APC Back-UPS BN450M in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
APC 450VA Specs
| Total Outlets || 6 |
| Protected Outlets || 4 (Battery and Surge) |
2 (Surge Only)
| Plug Type || NEMA 5-15P |
| Topology || Standby |
| Transfer Time || 6 to 10 ms |
| Surge Energy Rating || 180 Joules |
| Maximum Current || 5 A |
| Maximum Wattage || 255 W |
| Nominal Input Voltage || 120 VAC |
| Input Voltage Adjustable Range || 88 to 139 VAC |
| Input Frequency || 50/60 Hz ± 3 Hz (Auto Sensing) |
| Nominal Output Voltage || 120 VAC |
| Output Frequency || 50/60 Hz ± 3 Hz |
| Load Capacity || 450 VA |
| Waveform || Sine Wave |
| Chemistry || Lead-Acid |
| Charging Time || 8 Hours |
| Operating Temperature || 32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C |
| Operating Humidity || 0 to 95% |
| Storage Temperature || -4 to 122°F / -20 to 50°C |
| Storage Humidity || 0 to 95% |
| Operating Altitude || 10,000' / 3000 m |
| Storage Altitude || 50,000' / 15,000 m |
| Certifications || REACH, RoHS, as per Manufacturer |
| Cable Length || 5' / 1.5 m |
| Dimensions (W x H x D) || 5.5 x 10.0 x 4.1" / 14.0 x 25.4 x 10.5 cm |
| Weight || 5.8 lb / 2.6 kg |
| Package Weight || 6.64 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 12.5 x 8.5 x 5.7" |
Rating90% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 55 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
Post new comment to APC Back-UPS BN450M
|Subject: APC Model BN450M|
|Date: 24.11.2022 22:05:18||Name: jim beishline|
my BN450M surge protector unit keeps beeping, the light flashes green to red.
I tried plugging it into other outlets, same thing. beeping, flashing.!!
there is a yellow plastic piece on the bottom that says battery connector. could
that be the problem? it doesn't seem to want to come out. is this a possibility
for the unit malfunctioning? the unit is probably almost 15 years old. I really like the unit it. it is solid and heavy. I hope I don't have to throw it out. what do you guys think, is it the yellow plastic chip card on the bottom? if so how would i find another one these yellow things?
|Subject: Battery charge|
|Date: 15.05.2021 12:13:40||Name: Larah|
|How to know if BN450M is charging since there is no battery indicator?|
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
Vizio D Series 24"...
KNIGHT K290 MULTIMETER
M Audio Accent 88 piano keyboard...
Google pixel 4a 128GB M...
Looking for a user manual for my Ibanez SR400EQM, I am a 76YRS male beginning bass player. Are there any particular strings that are recommended for t...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
Garmin 51 LM
Name: Lia Taylor
Garmin Drive 51 LM Navigation System
I don’t know how to upgrade my maps without a manual, or instructions on line. Thank you. Lia...
Garmin 51 LM
Name: Lia Taylor
Garmin Drive 51 LM Navigation System
I would love a manual for this device. If I could download it, that would be perfect....
JBL Charge 4 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
is there a way to play audio from a flash drive on my charge 4?...
Name: Neil Jordan
PageFlip Firefly - Programmable Bluetooth USB
I just got this a couple of months ago and it was working great until about a week ago and now when I advance a page it only does 1/ 2 of the next page and I have to hit it twice to get the full second page. What is happening? Fresh batteries and all!!!...
Won't power back on after attempting an update
Brother MFC-L5900DW All-in-One Monochrome Laser Printer
Working fine then printer asked for an update. Went to update now printer won't power back on. Screen is black.
Thanks for any help possible....