User Manual for Apple 27" iMac Pro with Retina 5K Display Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Apple 27" iMac Pro with Retina
- Product category: iMac Apple
- Brand: Apple
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Apple iMac
User manual for the Apple 27" iMac Pro with Retina contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Apple product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Apple user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Apple product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Experience workstation-class performance in the iMac form factor with the space gray Apple 27" iMac Pro with Retina 5K Display.
Featuring a 3.0 GHz Intel Xeon W 10-core processor and 64GB of 2666 MHz DDR4 ECC RAM, the iMac Pro is designed to handle demanding pro workflows such as pro photo work, pro video editing, advanced graphics editing, virtual reality content creation, and real-time 3D rendering. The iMac Pro also has 1TB of all-flash storage, which has a 3.3 Gb/s read speed and a 2.8 Gb/s write speed, for loading huge files and launching apps faster.
In addition to a workstation-class processor, the iMac Pro also provides workstation-class graphics thanks to the dedicated AMD Radeon Pro Vega 56 graphics card. With up to 8GB of HBM2 (High-Performance Memory) VRAM and a 400 MB/s memory bandwidth, the Radeon Pro Vega 56 GPU delivers up to 11 teraflops of single precision and up to 22 teraflops of half precision.
Still just 5mm at its edge, the iMac Pro features the 27" Retina 5K display with a 5120 x 2880 resolution and a 16:9 aspect ratio. With up to 500 nits of brightness, a P3 wide color gamut, and support for one billion colors, the Retina 5K display delivers a vivid, true-to-life viewing experience.
The iMac Pro features a 10Gb Ethernet port, which is up to 10 times faster than the 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet port found on the previous generation iMacs. The 10Gb Ethernet port also supports Nbase-T industry-standard 1Gb, 2.5Gb, and 5Gb link speeds. If you would rather go wireless, you can utilize the dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi. The iMac Pro also has Bluetooth 4.2 technology, as well as a UHS-II SDXC media card slot, four 40 Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 ports, four USB 3.0 Type-A ports, and a FaceTime Full HD camera. There is also the Apple T2 chip.
Included with the iMac Pro is the matching space gray Apple Magic Keyboard with numeric keypad, the Apple Magic Mouse 2, and the Apple Magic Trackpad 2. A Lightning-to-USB cable is included so you can charge your peripherals. The iMac Pro comes with a one-year warranty, but you can extend it with AppleCare+ (sold separately).
This Mac comes preloaded with macOS. Updates can be downloaded for free via the Mac App Store. Please check Apple's website for upgrade eligibility.
- 10-Core Intel Xeon W Performance
- The iMac Pro houses an Intel Xeon W processor with 23.75MB cache. Its 10 cores can reach a base speed of 3.0 GHz. The CPU can also be boosted up to 4.5 GHz, thanks to Turbo Boost. With AVX-512 vector instructions and an improved cache architecture, the Xeon W processor can handle even more data at a faster pace. Combined with 64GB of 2666 MHz DDR4 ECC RAM, you can render images, edit up to 8K videos, manipulate photos, create real-time audio effects, or compile your next app quickly and efficiently.
- AMD Radeon Pro Vega 56 Graphics
- Featuring a dedicated AMD Radeon Pro Vega 56 GPU, the iMac Pro brings workstation-class graphics to the iMac form factor. With the Vega architecture and a large 400 MB/s memory bandwidth provided by the 8GB of HBM2 (High Bandwidth Memory) VRAM, the iMac Pro delivers a major jump in performance — up to three times faster than the GPU found in the 2013 Mac Pro. This translates to higher frame rates for VR, real-time 3D rendering, realistic special effects, and gameplay at max settings. It also supports both single- and half-precision computing, so operations that don't require full 32 bits of precision can be performed twice as fast. This means the GPU can deliver up to 11 teraflops of single precision and up to 22 teraflops of half precision.
- 27" Retina 5K Display
- The iMac Pro features a 27" Retina 5K Display that has a 5120 x 2880 resolution and a 16:9 aspect ratio. The iMac Pro's screen has 500 nits of brightness across its 14.7 million pixels. Along with P3 color and support for a billion colors, the iMac Pro can display real-time 3D rendering, immersive VR, intensive developer workflows, high megapixel photography, complex simulations, massive audio projects and real-time 4K and 8K video editing.
- 10Gb Ethernet
- The iMac Pro features a 10Gb Ethernet port, which is up to 10 times faster than a traditional 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet port. The port also supports Nbase-T industry-standard 1Gb, 2.5Gb, and 5Gb link speeds.
- Apple T2 Chip
- The T2 chip is Apple's second-generation custom Mac silicon. By redesigning and integrating several controllers found in other Mac systems — like the system management controller, image signal processor, audio controller, and SSD controller — the T2 chip delivers enhanced capabilities to the iMac Pro. The T2 chip image signal processor can work with the FaceTime Full HD camera to enable enhanced tone mapping, improved exposure control, and face detection-based auto exposure and auto white balance. The T2 chip also makes the iMac Pro more secure, thanks to a Secure Enclave coprocessor that provides the foundation for encrypted storage and secure boot capabilities. The data on your SSD is encrypted using dedicated AES hardware with no effect on the SSD's performance, while keeping the Intel Xeon W processor free for your workflow. And secure boot ensures that the lowest levels of software aren't tampered with and that only operating system software trusted by Apple loads at startup.
- High-Performance Storage
- With up to 1TB of all-flash storage, the iMac Pro lets you work on large 4K and HD projects. And with up to 3.3 GB/s write speeds and 2.8 GB/s read speeds, loading huge files and launching apps will be fast and efficient.
- Thunderbolt 3
- Thunderbolt 3 is a hardware interface that utilizes the reversible USB Type-C connector. Doubling the speed of its predecessor, Thunderbolt 3 features a maximum throughput of 40 Gb/s when used with compatible devices. The connector also transmits data via USB 3.1 at up to 10 Gb/s, and dual-bandwidth DisplayPort 1.2 allows you to connect up to two 5K displays or up to four 4K displays simultaneously. Additionally, you can daisy chain up to six devices from a single Thunderbolt 3 port.
In the Box Apple 27" iMac Pro with Retina 5K Display (Late 2017) Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (Space Gray) Magic Mouse 2 (Space Gray) Magic Trackpad 2 (Space Gray) Lightning to USB Cable Power Cord Limited 1-Year Warranty with 90 Days of Technical Support Table of Contents
- All-in-One Design & Advanced Thermal Management
- The iMac Pro puts the power of a workstation into a sleek enclosure that is just 5mm wide at its edge. The all-in-one computer is powered by a single cable, which keeps your workspace clean and clutter-free. In order to keep the thin design, Apple redesigned the thermal management system in the iMac Pro. The result was an almost 75% increase in airflow and an 80% increase in system thermal capacity. Which means the iMac Pro can handle 500 watts of power — 67% more power than the previous generation 27" iMac.
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Apple 27" iMac Pro with Retina 5K Display in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Apple iMac Pro 27" 5K Display Late 2017 Specs
| CPU || 3 GHz Intel Xeon W 10-Core |
| Maximum Boost Speed || 4.5 GHz |
| L3 Cache || 23.75 MB |
| Memory Type || 2666 MHz DDR4 |
| Total Installed Memory || 64 GB |
| ECC Memory || Yes |
| Graphics Type || Dedicated |
| GPU || AMD Radeon Pro Vega 56 with 8 GB HBM2 VRAM |
| Panel Type || IPS |
| Size || 27" |
| Aspect Ratio || 16:9 |
| Resolution || 5120 x 2880 |
| Touchscreen || None |
| Finish || Glossy |
| Maximum Brightness || 500 cd/m2 |
| Refresh Rate || 60 Hz |
| Adaptive Sync Technology || None |
| Total Installed Capacity || 1 TB |
| Solid State Storage || 1 x 1 TB Integrated PCIe |
| Expansion Slots || None |
| Optical Drive || None |
| Ports || 4 x USB Type-A (USB 3.1 Gen 1) |
| USB Type-C Ports || 4 x Thunderbolt 3 (Supports DisplayPort/HDMI/VGA) |
| Audio || 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm Headphone Output |
| Built-In Speakers || 2 |
| Built-In Microphones || 4 |
| Media Card Slots || 1 x SDXC (UHS-II [312 MB/s]) |
| Ethernet || 1 x RJ45 (10GbE) |
| Wi-Fi || Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac); Dual-Band (2.4 & 5 GHz) |
| Bluetooth || 4.2 |
| GPS || None |
| NFC || None |
| Webcam || User-Facing: 1080p |
| Keyboard || Full-Size Keyboard with Number Pad |
| Pointing Device || Force Touch Trackpad, Wireless Mouse |
| AC Input Power || 100 to 240 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz |
| Operating Temperature || 50 to 95°F / 10 to 35°C |
| Operating Humidity || 5 to 95% |
| Dimensions || 25.6 x 20.3 x 8" / 65.02 x 51.56 x 20.32 cm |
| Weight || 21.5 lb / 9.8 kg |
| Package Weight || 42.495 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 31.1 x 26.4 x 7.8" |
Rating88% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 97 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
Barska varmint scope 10-40x50...
NcStar scope ...
Manuel d'utilisation pour radio bidirectionnelles T600 H2O Motorola en FRANCAIS SVP...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
will this tv support g5 fiber input
Samsung MU6290 65" Class HDR UHD
will this tv support g5 fiberinput...
Name: John Blair
HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Inkjet
Hi, using HP Office Jet pro 6968, can I do ‘auto’scanning , meaning I can easily scan many pages or do I need to feed each page manually? thank you very much?
Swann SWADS-ALARMK Driveway Alert Kit
You make it out to be an act of Congress to get the driveway alarm manual and I just need to see the back page that is missing on mine. Guess I will figure it out with no help from you don't have all day...
Name: Frank Trucchio
Arkay Automatic Powered Stainless Steel Print
Is this unit capable to wash 20” x 24” prints, if so how many?...
12in dobsonian (s11740) sky watcher collapseable tube missing box 2 of 2
Name: tracy young
Sky-Watcher 12" Dobsonian Telescope
how can I get box 2 of 2 for dobsonian 12in collapsible sky watcher 300.. buying a floor model that is incomplete? ...