User Manual for Apple Mac mini Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Apple Mac mini
- Product category: Mac mini Apple
- Brand: Apple
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Apple Mac mini
User manual for the Apple Mac mini contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Apple product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Apple user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Apple product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Apple has re-engineered the Mac mini (Late 2018) to drive tasks ranging from home automation to giant render farms, Xcode servers, industrial-grade tasks, live concert sound engines, digital art and signage, testing iOS apps, and more. Upgraded with an 8th Generation Intel Core processor, the Mac mini features a more efficient thermal architecture, all-flash storage, a bigger fan, expanded vents, a redesigned power supply, and Apple's T2 security chip.
This Mac mini is powered by an 8th Gen Coffee Lake 3.0 GHz Intel Core i5 Six-Core processor that features a burst speed of up to 4.1 GHz, while 16GB of 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM helps to ensure smooth multitasking and also allows the computer to quickly access frequently used files and programs. The system memory can be upgraded to a maximum of 64GB.
Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 630 delivers a sharp, clear picture, and you'll be able to output video to an external display using the system's Thunderbolt 3 ports, which feature native DisplayPort output, or use the built-in HDMI 2.0 port. Up to three 4K displays are supported between any two Thunderbolt 3 ports and the HDMI port or you can connect one 5K display and one 4K display.
For storage of your files, this Mac mini is equipped with a 512GB PCIe SSD that has a sequential read speed of up to 3.4 GB/s. If you want to add external peripherals, four Thunderbolt 3 ports support bi-directional transfer speeds of up to 40 Gb/s, while also supporting 10 Gb/s USB 3.1 Gen 2 (USB 3.1), device charging, and an external GPU. Thanks to two 5 Gb/s USB 3.1 Gen 1 (USB 3.0) Type-A ports, you'll still be able to connect other devices to this system. Gigabit Ethernet is built in for wired networking, or use dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) for wireless networking. Bluetooth 5.0 technology will allow you to connect additional compatible peripherals, including keyboards, mice, and headsets. Sound is output using a 3.5mm headphone jack. Apple's Mac mini (Late 2018) operates using an internal 150W power supply that runs off 100-240 VAC at 50 to 60 Hz.
This Mac comes preloaded with macOS. Updates can be downloaded for free via the Mac App Store. Please check Apple's website for upgrade eligibility.
- Part Racehorse, All Workhorse
- In addition to being a great desktop computer, the Mac mini powers everything from home automation to giant render farms. And now, with an 8th Generation 3.0 GHz Intel Core i5 Six-Core processor and Intel UHD Graphics 630, the Mac mini has even more computing power for industrial-grade tasks. So, whether you're running a live concert sound engine or testing your latest iOS app, the Mac mini is the shortest distance between a great idea and a great result.
- Climb In, Geek Out
- The Mac mini features 16GB of high-performance 2666 MHz DDR4 SO-DIMM memory for faster rendering, working with massive files, or running multiple virtual machines. And now you can configure even more memory - up to 64GB - to run even heavier workloads.
- Haul Apps
- This Mac mini has a 512GB PCIe SSD with sequential read speeds of up to 3.4 GB/s, so you can load giant files and launch apps quickly.
- Apple's T2 Security Chip - Next-Gen Security
- The Mac mini features the Apple T2 Security Chip, a second-generation custom Mac silicon designed by Apple to make the Mac mini even more secure. The T2 Security Chip consolidates several controllers into one, and includes a Secure Enclave co-processor that provides the foundation for encrypted storage and secure boot capabilities.
- Strength in Numbers
- The Mac mini is optimized for performance across the board, with programs including Xcode, WebKit Compile, Adobe Photoshop CC, Pixelmator Pro, Luxion KeyShot, Autodesk Maya, Compressor, Final Cut Pro X, Logic Pro X, MainStage, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and more.
- Connections and Expansion
- With a variety of ports, the Mac mini is ready for a variety of workflow configurations. Thunderbolt 3 is powerful and versatile, and the Mac mini has four of them. The HDMI 2.0 port delivers more bandwidth than its predecessor, so you can enjoy faster frame rates. For wired network access, take advantage of the integrated Gigabit Ethernet port.
- Thunderbolt 3
- Thunderbolt 3 gives you some productive possibilities. Transfer data at up to 40 Gb/s, charge and power external devices, connect up to two 4K displays—and even a third with HDMI 2.0—or one 5K display. Or, pair your Mac mini with an eGPU for desktop-class graphics performance.
- Limited Warranty and Service
- Your Mac mini comes with 90 days of complimentary technical support and a limited 1-year warranty. Purchase AppleCare+ for Mac to extend your coverage to three years from your AppleCare+ purchase date and add up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a service fee of $99 for screen damage or external enclosure damage, or $299 for other repairable damage, plus applicable tax.
- To the Desktop, and Beyond
- Because of its size, performance, and wide array of ports, the Mac mini goes where no Mac has gone before. And now, with even more cores packed into its 7.7" square frame, you never know where you'll find a Mac mini—or dozens of them—hard at work.
Build and Render Farms
The faster 2666 MHz DDR4 memory in the Mac mini is ideal for batching out massive Xcode builds or rendering and compressing video.
A 3.0 GHz Intel Core i5 Six-Core processor and fast I/O connectivity make the Mac mini a solid Xcode companion to build your apps quickly while running automated tests in the background.
With its 512GB PCIe SSD, fast performance, and small footprint, Mac mini becomes a live musical instrument with MainStage on some of the world's largest concert tours.
Digital Art and Signage
From performance art to immersive digital billboards, the Mac mini drives some of the biggest and brightest digital displays with its powerful processor, high-performance memory, and fast, versatile I/O.
- macOS Mojave
- macOS Mojave features Dark Mode, pro-inspired features, four new apps, and a redesigned Mac App Store.
In the Box Apple Mac mini (Late 2018) Power Cord 90 Days of Complimentary Technical Support Limited 1-Year Warranty Table of Contents
- Video Support
- Up to Three Displays
Two displays with a 4096 x 2304 resolution at 60 Hz connected via Thunderbolt 3, plus one display with 4096 x 2160 resolution at 60 Hz, connected via HDMI 2.0.
Up to Two Displays
One display with a 5120 x 2880 resolution at 60 Hz connected via Thunderbolt 3, plus one display with 4096 x 2160 resolution at 60 Hz, connected via HDMI 2.0.
Thunderbolt 3 Digital Video Output
Native DisplayPort output over USB Type-C, with Thunderbolt 2, DVI, and VGA output supported using separately-sold adapters.
HDMI 2.0 Display Video Output
Support for one display with a 4096 x 2160 resolution of 60 Hz with DVI output using a separately-sold HDMI to DVI adapter.
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Apple Mac mini in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Apple Mac mini Late 2018 Specs
| CPU || 3 GHz Intel Core i5 6-Core |
| Maximum Boost Speed || 4.1 GHz |
| L3 Cache || 9 MB |
| Memory Type || 2666 MHz DDR4 |
| Total Installed Memory || 16 GB |
| Maximum Memory Capacity || 64 GB |
| Memory Slot Type || 260-Pin SO-DIMM |
| Graphics Type || Integrated |
| GPU || Intel UHD Graphics 630 |
| Total Drive Bays || None |
| Solid State Storage || 1 x 512 GB M.2 PCIe |
| PCI Expansion || None |
| Optical Drive || None |
| Ports || 2 x USB Type-A (USB 3.1 Gen 1) |
| USB Type-C Ports || 4 x Thunderbolt 3 (Supports DisplayPort) |
| Display || 1 x HDMI 2.0 |
| Audio || 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm Headphone Output |
| Media Card Slots || None |
| Ethernet || 1 x RJ45 (Gigabit) |
| Wi-Fi || Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac); Dual-Band (2.4 & 5 GHz) |
| Bluetooth || 5.0 |
| Power Supply || 150 W |
| Dimensions || 7.7 x 1.4 x 7.7" / 19.6 x 3.6 x 19.6 cm |
| Weight || 2.9 lb / 1.3 kg |
| Package Weight || 4.97 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 10.0 x 10.0 x 5.0" |
Rating92% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 26 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
Second request for Kahles 6-24 x 56 Scope Manual. Thanks!...
Pacsafe 3 digit cable lock silver...
Arbiter karaoke machine model number K899...
Benro Astro Polareis...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
Message "parameter is incorrect"
Name: Victor Casaliggi
CyberLink PowerDirector 16 Ultra
When I go to burn a copy of my video to DVD, after about two minutes I get an error code e80070057 saying the parameter is incorrect. what does this mean and how can I correct this?...
Is there a manual release for the 96 inch electric screen? We can’t find the remote.
Name: Jody ewing
HamiltonBuhl HBS5496 54 x 96" Electric
Is there a manual release for the buhl electric projector screen. 96 inches. We can’t find the remote. ...
User Guide/Manual for Vizio Class D FHD DM40fm-JO9 Smart TV
Name: Jean B Britt
VIZIO D-Series 40" Class Full HD
I just purchased this Smart TV on Friday, September 23, 2022. There was no Owners/ Operational Manual included within the box. Although I love the TV and love all the movies, etc. I have not been able to watch my Local Programming from my Spectrum Cable Box. I watch the local p...
I need instructions on how to use my Samsung Duo Plus USB type C Flash drive
Name: David Allen
Samsung 128GB DUO Plus USB 3.1
I am 68 years old and not very computer literate I need some simple, easy to follow instructions on how to use this device. i bought it from Amazon almost a year ago and want to download my pictures, videos and music. Please help me!...
Name: Peter Schumer
FlashForge Finder 3D Printer
Finder 2 At start up tempreature says 300 degrees and will not start and i cannot reset to 0...