User Manual for Aquatica A6500 Underwater Housing for Sony Alpha a6500 Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Aquatica A6500 Underwater Housing for Sony
- Product category: Still Cameras & Housings Aquatica
- Brand: Aquatica
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Aquatica Still Cameras & Housings
User manual for the Aquatica A6500 Underwater Housing for Sony contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Aquatica product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Aquatica user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Aquatica product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Capture brilliant photos and 4K video of pygmy seahorses, sharks, and coral reefs at depths of 295', thanks to Aquatica's A6500 Underwater Housing for your Sony Alpha a6500 Mirrorless Digital Camera. It features a Surveyor moisture alarm and pressure sensor that will alert you in the unlikely event of a breach in the waterproof seal. Adding an optional vacuum valve and pump will complete the vacuum check system, allowing you to remove air from the housing and confirm watertight integrity before diving.
An Ikelite connector with a universal hot shoe enables the attachment of optional external strobes via sync cords. The standard, coated eyepiece offers a full view of the camera's viewfinder, and the optional Aqua View Finder affords an enlarged, enhanced view with 100% coverage, corner-to-corner sharpness, and dioptric adjustment. The housing provides access to virtually all camera functions via mechanical push-button, knob/dial, and lever controls. It includes 2 grips that offer improved handling and attachment points for optional lighting arms. Built for durability, especially resistance to corrosion, the housing is constructed from anodized, machined aluminum and stainless steel.
The A6500 ships without a required lens port, and accepts various interchangeable ports to accommodate a wide array of lenses. Compatible models include the Zeiss Touit 12mm f/2.8 rectilinear wide-angle and Touit 50mm f/2.8 macro; the Sony 90mm f/2.8 macro, 10-18mm f/4, 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6, 16mm f/2.8 pancake, and 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6; and the Tokina 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5 fisheye with Metabones adapter. For complete details, please see the Port Chart.
- Depth rating of 295'
- Built-in, audible and visible Surveyor moisture alarm features LED indicators and vacuum sensor, and alerts you in unlikely event of a breach in waterproof seal
- Adding an optional vacuum valve and pump will complete the vacuum check system, allowing you to remove air/moisture from inside the housing and confirm watertight integrity before diving
- Sealed with Aquatica's signature rotary closure
- Controls, Handling, and Operation
- Mechanical push-buttons, grooved/knurled dials/knobs, and levers
- Controls afford access to virtually all camera functions
- Comfortably hold and operate housing with your right hand, positioning index finger right over shutter
- Operate other controls easily with your thumb, without removing index finger from shutter lever
- Extended shutter trigger also available
- Control dial on rear of housing gives quick and easy access to shutter speed, aperture, white balance, and ISO functions
- Record button is large and red for quick, easy identification and operation
- Standard, coated, Galileo-type eyepiece offers a full view of camera's viewfinder
- Optional Straight 180° and 45° Aqua View Finders offer enlarged, enhanced view (1.2x magnification) with 100% coverage, corner-to-corner sharpness, and dioptric adjustment
- Includes 2 removable grips that offer improved handling and attachment points for optional lighting arms
- Grips have been adapted to suit housing's compact size, and have brackets that can be adjusted to inward, centered, and outward positions relative to housing
- Grips are attached to modular tray, which can be shifted to left or right and features independently adjustable brackets that move to forward, middle, and back positions
- Adjustable nylon hand strap supplied as an alternative to grip handles when shooting close to or above the surface, or in situations where you're capturing action shots while on the move. Also comes in handy if you're freediving
- Optional Power Saddle with rechargeable battery pack can be plugged into camera's Micro-USB port and attached magnetically to its mounting plate, effectively tripling battery life
- Construction Details
- Made from CNC-machined, 6061-T6 aluminum alloy, which has been anodized for resistance to corrosion
- Baked-on, black polyester powder-coat paint makes it even more durable
- Control shafts and push-buttons made from stainless steel
- Lens Port System
- Ships without a required lens port
- Accepts interchangeable ports to accommodate different lenses
- Compatible lenses include Zeiss Touit 12mm f/2.8 rectilinear wide-angle and Touit 50mm f/2.8 macro; Sony 90mm f/2.8 macro, 10-18mm f/4, 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6, 16mm f/2.8 pancake, and 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6; and Tokina 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5 fisheye with Metabones adapter
- Full line of extension rings and adapters available
- See port chart linked above for full details
- External Strobe and Light Use
- Ikelite-type bulkhead with a universal hot shoe for connecting optional, external strobes via sync cords
In the Box Aquatica A6500 Underwater Housing for Sony Alpha a6500 (Ikelite Strobe Connector) 2 x Grip Handles Adjustable Grip Brackets Adjustable Tray 2 x Adjustable Tray Brackets 2 x Zinc Anodes Nylon Hand Strap Extended Trigger Adapter Extra Main Seal O-Ring Extra Port O-Ring Standard Eyepiece Limited 1-Year Warranty Table of Contents
- Access point with 16mm diameter on left-hand side for connecting a video monitor
- Another access point with 1/2" diameter for optional Surveyor vacuum valve
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Aquatica A6500 Underwater Housing for Sony Alpha a6500 in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Aquatica A6500 Specs
| Depth Rating || 295' / 90 m |
| Control Type || Mechanical push-buttons, grooved/knurled dials/knobs, and levers |
| Controls || Access to virtually all camera functions |
| Material of Construction || Body: 6061-T6 aluminum alloy |
Anodized finish and baked-on, black, polyester powder-coat paint
Controls: Stainless steel
| Lens Port || Ships without a required lens port |
Accepts various interchangeable ports to accommodate different lenses
Zeiss Touit 12mm f/2.8 rectilinear wide-angle and Touit 50mm f/2.8 macro
Sony 90mm f/2.8 macro, 10-18mm f/4, 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6, 16mm f/2.8 pancake, and 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
Tokina 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5 fisheye with Metabones adapter
See port chart linked in overview for full details
| Buoyancy || Varies based on choice of lens and port |
| External Strobe Connector || 1x Ikelite bulkhead strobe connector with universal hot shoe (sync cord required) |
| Viewfinder || Standard, coated, Galileo-type eyepiece offers a full view of camera's viewfinder |
Optional Straight 180° and 45° Aqua View Finders offer enlarged, enhanced view with 100% coverage, corner-to-corner sharpness, and dioptric adjustment
| Moisture Alarm || Yes, built-in Surveyor audible / visible alarm and vacuum sensor |
| Mounting || 1x Access point with 0.6" / 16 mm diameter for optional video monitor |
1x Access point with 0.5" / 12.7 mm diameter for optional Surveyor vacuum valve
1x mounting point on each grip handle for optional lighting arm
| Dimensions || 8.5 x 6.0 x 4.1" / 21.6 x 15.25 x 10.5 cm |
| Weight || 4.4 lb / 2.0 kg |
Rating80% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 62 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment: