User Manual for Aquatica A70D Underwater Housing for Canon EOS 70D with Aqua VF Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Aquatica A70D Underwater Housing for Canon
- Product category: Still Cameras & Housings Aquatica
- Brand: Aquatica
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Aquatica Still Cameras & Housings
User manual for the Aquatica A70D Underwater Housing for Canon contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Aquatica product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Aquatica user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Aquatica product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description You can capture brilliant photos and Full HD 1080p video of parrot fish, blue-ringed octopi, and coral reefs with your Canon EOS 70D DSLR Camera, thanks to Aquatica's A70D Underwater Housing. It has a depth rating of 295', which can be upgraded for free to 426'. The housing has dual fiber-optic connectors for the attachment of optional external strobes via fiber-optic cables.
A standard, coated eyepiece offers a full view of the camera's viewfinder, and the coated Aqua View Finder, also included, offers an enlarged, enhanced view with 100% coverage, corner-to-corner sharpness, and dioptric adjustment. Mechanical controls provide easy access to virtually all camera functions, and dual ergonomic grips afford optimal handling and comfort while offering attachment points for lighting arms. For convenience, vital functions can be accessed while keeping your hands on the grips.
Built for durability, the housing is made from aluminum and stainless steel alloys. The aluminum has been anodized to military specifications, making it extremely resistant to corrosion. The A70D ships without a required lens port, though various interchangeable ports are available for wide-angle, macro, and zoom lenses. For complete compatibility information, see the Port Chart.
- Features a depth rating of 295', which can be upgraded upon request to 426'
- Closure system is equipped with safety locks
- All control shafts have double O-ring seals, while all push-buttons have quad-ring seals
- Aquatica has developed a moisture alarm with an atmospheric pressure-sensitive circuit that will allow you to confirm that the housing is watertight before the dive
- Once your camera is installed, simply push the start actuation button. The LED light will turn green for 2 seconds to confirm actuation. Once a solid vacuum is achieved, the LED will blink green again for 2 seconds
- During the dive, the LED will flash green every few sec, indicating system integrity. If the vacuum starts to decrease, the LED will start to flash orange
- If water is detected, the audible alarm, which is always activated and ready to go, will go off and the LED will also flash red
- Advanced circuit compensates for changes in ambient and internal temperature to prevent incorrect readings
- Controls and Handling
- Mechanical controls provide easy access to virtually all camera functions
- Dual ergonomic grips afford optimal handling and comfort
- For convenience, vital functions can be accessed while keeping your hands on the grips
- Controls are knurled for a better grip, and over-sized and spaced out well enough to allow for easy access and precision, even while wearing thick gloves
- Access to the Quick Command knob has been redesigned from previous housings, and is now positioned at a comfortable angle, right next to the main command knob
- The AF-ON /* lever is fitted with a rotating collar allowing access without the need for obstructive levers
- ISO functionality is now possible with a thumb-activated lever, and you can also flip the internal flash up and down
- Access to video functions has been made easier than it was on previous housings, allowing for smoother operation and transitions
- Construction Details
- Body and knobs crafted from 6061 T6 aluminum alloy
- Anodized to MIL-A-8625, type 2, Class 2 specification, then treated with a certified A.A.M.A. (American Architectural Manufacturers Assn.) 2603-98 polyester powder coating and baked at 350.6° F / 177° C
- Push-button controls are constructed from Type 304 stainless steel
- Housing fits the Canon 70D like a glove, and allows for quick and easy camera insertion via the camera tray
- Housing has been tested under the ice of the Arctic Polar cap and has withstood months of harsh winter conditions in Antarctica
- Dual sacrificial anodes mounted on the front and rear of the housing protect key components by corroding--so that said components will not
- Lens Port
- A70D ships without a required lens port, though various interchangeable ports are available for wide-angle, macro, and zoom lenses
- There are 4 hemispherical dome ports: the 4" mini dome, the 6" dome, the 8" dome, and the 9.25" Megadome
- Three flat ports are available
- Nine port extension rings expand your possibilities further
- For full compatibility details, see the Port Chart linked above
- A port lock mechanism safely secures the port to the housing
- External Strobe and Light Use
- Housing has dual fiber-optic connectors for the attachment of optional external strobes via fiber-optic cables
- Also provided are adapters for Inon and Sea & Sea-type fiber-optic cables. Manual and S-TTL exposure control are available
- Aquatica's strobe connectors may be serviced by users, and are quickly replaceable without any special tools
- Viewfinder and LCD Use
- Standard, supplied Galileo-type eyepiece is coated and offers a full view of the camera's viewfinder
- Also included is the coated, 180° Aqua View Finder, which offers an enlarged, enhanced view with 100% coverage, corner-to-corner sharpness, and internal dioptric adjustment. This compact Aqua finder will not obstruct your view of the camera's LCD. No special tools are required to mount it onto the housing.
In the Box Aquatica A70D Underwater Housing for Canon EOS 70D with Aqua VF (Dual Fiber-Optic Strobe Connectors) Aqua View Finder and Standard Viewfinder 2 x Grip Handles 2 x Hexagonal Head Bolts Hexagonal Allen Key Spare Main O-Ring Container of O-Ring Lubricant Limited 1-Year Warranty Compatibility chart PDF 840kb Table of Contents
- Strobes and video lights can be connected to optional support arms, such as Aquatica's Technical Lighting Control arms, which can be conveniently mounted on the housing's grip handles
- Five ¼"-20 threaded holes are available on the top and three more are on the bottom
- Extra 16mm and ½" pass-through bulkheads enable connection of optional accessories, such as video monitors or a hydrophone for the recording of sound
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Aquatica A70D Underwater Housing for Canon EOS 70D with Aqua VF in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Aquatica 20074-OPT-VF Specs
| Depth Rating || 295' / 90 m, upgradeable to 426' / 130 m |
| Control Type || Mechanical |
| Controls || Provide access to virtually all camera functions |
| Construction || Body and knobs: |
6061 T6 aluminum, anodized to MIL-A-8625, type 2, Class 2 spec
Treated with A.A.M.A. 2603-98 polyester powder coating, which is baked on at 350.6°F / 177°C per ASTM D2794 spec
Type 304 stainless steel
| Lens Port || Required and sold separately |
For list of interchangeable ports and compatibility, see Port Chart linked in Overview
| Buoyancy || May vary with choice of lens port |
| External Strobe Connector || 2 Fiber-optic connectors for attaching optional external strobes via fiber-optic cables |
| Viewfinder || Standard, coated optical viewfinder |
Coated, straight (180°) Aqua View Finder: 100% coverage, internal dioptric adjustment
| Moisture Alarm || Yes, audible alarm with red flashing LED |
| Mounting || 5x ¼"-20 threaded holes on top |
3x ¼"-20 threaded holes on bottom
1x 16mm pass-through bulkhead connector
1x ½" pass-through bulkhead connector
| Dimensions || 7.4 x 5.6 x 10.5" / 18.75 x 14.25 x 26.7 cm without grips |
7.4 x 5.6 x 13.8" / 18.75 x 14.25 x 35 cm with grips
| Weight || 7.1 lb / 3.2 kg |
Rating60% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 69 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
I'm looking for the manuals of the following equipment:
VU50 wildgame innovation card reader need to know how to find time ,date on videos...
I am looking for a manual for Konus Konuspot - 100...
please forward Crystal 45 user manual to above email address...
pom gear smart pods