User Manual for Aquatica A7r II Underwater Housing for Sony Alpha a7R II or a7S II with Vacuum Check System Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Aquatica A7r II Underwater Housing for
- Product category: Still Cameras & Housings Aquatica
- Brand: Aquatica
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Aquatica Still Cameras & Housings
User manual for the Aquatica A7r II Underwater Housing for contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Aquatica product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Aquatica user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Aquatica product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Capture brilliant photos and 4K Ultra HD video of parrot fish, blue-ringed octopi, and coral reefs with your Sony Alpha a7R II or a7S II mirrorless digital camera, thanks to the Aquatica A7r II Underwater Housing. It features a depth rating of 295', which can be upgraded to 426' for free upon request, and is equipped with a Surveyor moisture alarm and pressure sensor. A pre-installed vacuum check system allows you to confirm watertight integrity before diving, and includes a valve and pump. Dual Nikonos connectors enable the attachment of optional external strobes via sync cords.
The standard, coated eyepiece offers a full view of the camera's viewfinder. The housing provides access to virtually all camera functions via mechanical controls. It also has an ergonomic design with 2 grips that offer improved handling and attachment points for optional lighting arms. Built for durability, especially resistance to corrosion, the housing is constructed from anodized, machined aluminum and stainless steel.
The A7r II ships without a required lens port, though various interchangeable ports are available for different lenses. For full compatibility, see the Port Chart and System Chart.
- Depth rating of 295', which is upgradeable to 426' for free upon request
- SURVEYOR moisture alarm (audible and visual) and vacuum sensor lets you confirm watertight integrity before dive, and alerts you in unlikely event of a breach in waterproof seal
- SURVEYOR uses LED indicators
- Features temperature compensation for accuracy
- Housing also includes vacuum valve and extracting pump, which enable you to remove excess air and actually create a vacuum
- Alarm/sensor, valve, and pump are collectively called vacuum check system (a.k.a. circuitry and alarm kit)
- Controls, Handling, and Operation
- Provides easy access to virtually all camera functions via mechanical controls, including push-buttons, levers, and grooved dials/knobs
- Ergonomic design with 2 comfortable, grooved grips, which offer improved handling and attachment points for optional lighting arms
- Grips can be extended a little farther from housing using optional spacers
- Vital controls accessible with your fingertips while hands are on grips
- Knobs are large for ease of use when wearing diving gloves
- Provides easy access via your thumb to camera's rear control dial, to which many custom features can be assigned to suit your preferences
- SET button accessible by way of an extender, enabling you to activate this function quickly and comfortably with your hand on the grip and your eye looking through the finder
- Custom function buttons C1 and C2 located in optimal positions, with C1 extended so as to be right at your fingertips
- Extended mechanical shutter release lever
- Large knurled knob for aperture control
- Oversized knurled knob for focus/zoom with lens
- Easy-access knob for mode control and custom function buttons
- Standard, coated eyepiece offers view of the camera's viewfinder
- Optional, coated 45° and 180° Aqua View Finders offer an enlarged, enhanced view with 100% coverage, corner-to-corner sharpness, and dioptric adjustment
- Construction Details
- Precision-machined in Canada from 6061 T6 aluminum alloy, which has been anodized to MIL-A-8625 Type 2, Class 2 specifications for resistance to corrosion
- A.A.M.A 2603-98 certified black polyester powder coating baked on at high temperature for extra protection
- Control shafts and push buttons made of Type 304 stainless steel
- Sacrificial zinc anodes protect sensitive parts of the housing bottom to prevent them from corroding
- Tested in harsh conditions in Canada to ensure durability
- Lens Port System
- Ships without a required lens port
- Various interchangeable dome and flat ports, along with extension rings and focus/zoom gears, are available for an array of different lenses
- For full compatibility, see port chart and system chart linked above
- Housing is equipped with a port locking mechanism to prevent accidental rotation of port or extension that is mounted
- External Strobe and Light Use
- Dual Nikonos connectors enable the attachment of optional external strobes via sync cords
- Tweak your TTL lighting exposure or go fully manual with controls placed right at your fingertips
- Strobe connectors are easily replaceable without any special tools, so you can switch from one type to another without a hassle
In the Box Aquatica A7r II Underwater Housing for Sony Alpha a7R II or a7S II with Vacuum Check System (Dual Nikonos Strobe Connectors) SURVEYOR Moisture Alarm and Vacuum Sensor Vacuum Valve and Extracting Pump 2 x Ergonomic Hand Grips Limited 1-Year Warranty Sony Iens Chart PDF 1.1mb Table of Contents
- Top 1/4"-20 accessory hole
- Dual 1/4"-20 threaded holes on top of grips for attaching optional lighting arms
- Multiple bulkhead entry/access points for connecting optional accessories, such as external monitors or remote triggering devices like pole-mounted RCS remote camera system
- Three 1/4"-20 threaded holes on bottom for optional bracket, tray, or tripod
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Aquatica A7r II Underwater Housing for Sony Alpha a7R II or a7S II with Vacuum Check System in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Aquatica 20079-NK-VC Specs
| Depth Rating || 295'/ 90 m, upgradeable to 426' / 130 m |
| Control Type || Mechanical push-buttons, levers, and grooved dials/knobs |
| Controls || Camera tray release tab, lens release tab, lens release actuating lever, shutter release lever, C2 access lever, front dial access knob, rear dial access knob, video recording lever, exposure control knob, exposure compensation, ISO sensitivity, mode dial access knob, on/off switch, focus/zoom control release disc, focus/zoom control knob, focus/zoom control pinion gear, focus area selector, lens release button, lens release button lever, port bayonet flange, port release mechanism lever, C3 access button, AF/MF & AEL switch lever, AF/M & AEL engaging button, Fn access button, multi-controller button array, control wheel access knob, delete, C4 access button, set lever, C1 access lever, playback lever, menu button, and info button |
| Material of Construction || Housing: Anodized, machined 6061 T6 aluminum alloy (MIL-A-8625 Type 2, Class 2 specification) |
Control Shafts and Push Buttons: Type 304 stainless steel
| Lens Port || Ships without a required lens port |
Various interchangeable dome and flat ports are available for an array of different lenses
For full compatibility, see port chart and system chart linked in Overview
| Buoyancy || Varies depending on choice of lens and port |
| External Strobe Connector || 2x Nikonos connectors for attaching optional strobes via sync cords |
| Viewfinder || Standard, coated eyepiece offers a view of camera's viewfinder |
Optional, coated 45° and 180° Aqua View Finder offer enlarged, enhanced view with 100% coverage, corner-to-corner sharpness, and dioptric adjustment
| Moisture Alarm || Includes pre-installed vacuum check system (circuitry and alarm kit), allowing you to confirm watertight integrity before dive |
System consists of a vacuum valve, extracting pump, and SURVEYOR moisture alarm & vacuum/pressure sensor with on/off switch
| Mounting || Camera quick-release tray |
Top 1/4"-20 accessory hole
2x 5/16"-20 threaded holes and fasteners for grip attachment
2x 1/4"-20 threaded holes on top of grips
Main strobe bulkhead access hole
Secondary strobe bulkhead access hole
16 mm front left bulkhead entry point
0.5" top left bulkhead entry point
0.5" right accessory bulkhead entry point
0.5" bottom accessory bulkhead entry point
Adaptable bulkhead insert
Three 1/4"-20 threaded holes on bottom for optional bracket, tray, or tripod
2x rear LCD sunshade mounting holes
| Dimensions || Not specified by manufacturer |
| Weight || 5.5 lb / 2.5 kg without grips |
6.4 lb / 2.9 kg with grips
| Package Weight || 8.75 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 10.4 x 7.8 x 7.5" |
Rating100% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 34 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
Bushnell equinoxz2 4.5 x 40mm....
EZ-DOCK SuperSpeed 3.0
Speedlite Transmitter Yongnuo YN-E3-RTII...
User manual for the MiniX NEO U9-H Streaming Player...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
where to plug in phone
Name: charlene vogrig
Dell Inspiron 3668 Desktop Computer
I have a dell inspiration 3668 tower want to plug in my cell phone where do i plug it in on back of tower. Want to send pictures for sale items...
360 pan only
Name: Rick Goode
Bescor MP-101 Motorized Pan Tilt Head
I cannot get the bescor to auto reset from 0 to 45 - or 0-90
It just keeps rotating 360 degree (full circle).
I want to use it for a Stormtrooper head on a full size Storm Trooper mannequin.
I want his head to turn from left to right. Like a guard scanning for security.
Set up Problem
Name: Peter Connolly
Swann SWADS-ALARMS Home Doorway Alert Kit
I purchased one of your Home Doorway alert kit Model: SWADS - ALARMS, how do you change the ring tone, i have tried as per the minimal instructions i have received & it still defaults to the same tone
Why isn't this device working
Name: Nancy Phillips
Vivitar 50-in-1 Memory Card Reader Writer
Please help!! I have a HP Chromebook. I bought the VIVITAR Reader/ Writer and tried to use it. Nothing happened. I re-inserted the unit and a red came on, stayed on for about a minute-inserted it again and nothing happens-no red light, nothing. What am ! doing wrong? My e-ma...
Name: Jason Nantz
Audio-Technica Consumer ATH-SPORT7TW SonicSport True Wireless
Audio-Technica ATH-SPORT7TWGY SonicSport Wireless In-Ear Headphones, I have these and when I plug in the charging cord the red lights come on for a few seconds and then go out. I ha e yet to have been able to use them. ...