User Manual for Atomos Ninja Inferno 7" 4K HDMI Recording Monitor Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Atomos Ninja Inferno 7" 4K HDMI
- Product category: Uncategorized Atomos
- Brand: Atomos
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Atomos Uncategorized
User manual for the Atomos Ninja Inferno 7" 4K HDMI contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Atomos product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Atomos user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Atomos product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Able to record DCI and UHD 4K signals at up to 60 fps, the Atomos Ninja Inferno makes a great companion to cameras and camcorders that output uncompressed video over HDMI. The monitor itself features 10-bit FRC processing and AtomHDR display technology that supports a 10-stop brightness range, allowing you to more accurately monitor your log gamma footage without having to view flat, washed-out looking images or use a LUT to compress the dynamic range and color space. The monitor offers built-in presets to accurately translate popular log formats from Sony, Canon, Panasonic, ARRI, RED, and JVC cameras. The settings only affect viewing, with recorded video remained unaltered. In addition to HDR monitoring, the monitor also offers a High Bright mode for traditional Rec. 709 monitoring. This mode takes advantage of the full 1500 cd/m² brightness to allow for more confident monitoring in bright outdoor environments, even without a sun hood. In HDR mode, use of an included snap-on sun hood is available, as displaying a wider brightness range reduces the overall brightness of the monitor. Incoming video signals can be recorded in a wide range of Apple ProRes and Avid DNx codecs which maintain high quality while not requiring the storage space of uncompressed video. Both ProRes and DNx are edit-friendly, requiring no conversion in post-production to ensure smooth playback and compatibility with most common video editing software. Standard 2.5" SATA III recording media is supported, with compatible SSDs able to record in all formats including 4K and high-frame-rate HD. Note: check the Atomos website for an updated list of supported drives Built to withstand the rigors of production, the Ninja Inferno features built-in protective armor that features silicone-covered corners and chamfered edges. Like its predecessor, the Ninja Flame, the Inferno features dual Sony L-Series battery plates that support battery hot-swapping, enabling longer run times with hot-swapping. For audio recording, the monitor supports balanced XLR inputs with 48V phantom power and XLR outputs via separately available audio breakout cables. Additional features include a variety of onscreen exposure analysis, framing, and focus assist tools. A power supply, SSD Caddy, and a travel case are included with the unit.
- With AtomHDR you can monitor up to 10 stops of dynamic range of your camera's LOG image. Most conventional monitors can only display 6 or 7 stops, which is fine for standard footage, but a LOG image will look overly flat. It is also superior to monitoring with a loaded LUT, which can clip the highlights and mask shadows.
- 4K 60p Capabilities
- Record high-resolution 4K footage in DCI or UHD formats up to 60 fps, including 24 and 25 fps for a more film-like aesthetic. All recordings are stored as high quality Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHR files with 10-bit 4:2:2 chroma subsampling. A variety of bit-rates are available to fit your project and storage needs.
- Audio I/O
- Audio can be input and output via the multi-pin locking connector. Separately available breakout cables can provide XLR audio input with 48v phantom power and output. A 3.5mm headphone jack on the side can be used for convenient audio monitoring.
- 7" Daylight Viewable Screen
- The Ninja Inferno's 7" LCD screen is illuminated by a bright 1500 cd/m² LED backlight, making it possible to view in daylight without requiring a hood. Plus, the screen is also color calibrated from the factory to ensure accurate image representation.
In the Box Atomos Ninja Inferno 7" 4K HDMI Recording Monitor Power Supply Master Caddy II Travel Case Limited 1-Year Warranty (3-Year with Product Registration) Table of Contents
- HDR Signal Management
- LOG and HDR signals can be difficult to monitor with conventional equipment. Though, with the Ninja Inferno's built-in HDR signal management functions, the LOG signal can be converted to the PQ standard for compatibility with existing consumer and professional HDR equipment.
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Atomos Ninja Inferno 7" 4K HDMI Recording Monitor in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
| Panel Type || IPS-Type LCD |
| Display Size || 7.1" / 18.0 cm |
| Screen Resolution || 1920 x 1200 |
| Aspect Ratio || 16:9 |
| Touchscreen || Yes |
| Maximum Brightness || 1500 cd/m2 |
| Bit Depth / Color Support || 8-Bit+FRC (1.07 Billion Colors) |
| Pixels Per Inch (ppi) || 325 ppi |
| Real-Time LUT Monitoring || SDR |
| Video || 1 x HDMI Type A (HDMI 2.0) Output |
1 x HDMI Type A (HDMI 2.0) Input
| Embedded Audio || HDMI: 8-Channel |
| Audio || 1 x 3.5 mm Headphone Output |
1 x 10-Pin LEMO Input/Output
| Built-In Speaker || None |
| Power || 1 x Barrel Input |
| Other I/O || 1 x LANC (2.5 mm) |
| Card Slot || None |
| Video Format || HDMI (8/10-Bit 4:2:2) |
DCI 4K: 24/25/30/50/60
UHD 4K: 24/25/30/50/60
| Pulldown Conversion || 2:2, 3:2 |
| Camera Trigger || HDMI |
| Encoding Formats || 3840 x 2160 |
ProRes 422, LT, HQ
DNxHR HQ, HQX, SQ, LB
| Recording Media || 1 x 2.5" SSD (SATA III) |
| Phantom Power || +48 V |
| DC Input Power || 6.2 to 16.8 VDC |
| Battery Type || 2 x L-Series |
| Power Consumption || 10 W (Typical) |
33 W (Maximum)
| Material of Construction || Polycarbonate |
| Dimensions (W x H x D) || 8.4 x 5 x 1.8" / 1.4 x 12.7 x 4.5 cm |
| Weight || 1.4 lb / 0.65 kg |
2.4 lb / 1.09 kg, Including Battery, Recording Media
Rating92% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 76 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
I'm looking for the manuals of the following equipment:
VU50 wildgame innovation card reader need to know how to find time ,date on videos...
I am looking for a manual for Konus Konuspot - 100...
please forward Crystal 45 user manual to above email address...
pom gear smart pods