User Manual for BOSS WL-20L Wireless System for Guitars or Line-Level Devices Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the BOSS WL-20L Wireless System for Guitars
- Product category: Guitar Wireless BOSS
- Brand: BOSS
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for BOSS Guitar Wireless
User manual for the BOSS WL-20L Wireless System for Guitars contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any BOSS product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official BOSS user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a BOSS product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description The BOSS WL-20L is a wireless system for electric guitarists and other electronic musicians. It provides easy operation through its plug-and-play user experience. Simply plug the included WL-T transmitter into your guitar or line-level instrument (keytar, digital wind instrument, etc.), and plug the receiver into your amplifier, first pedal in the chain, or pedalboard input; or if you are using a line level device, plug into a mixer or PA. Now, you are free to roam up to 50' away from your amp without worrying about dragging gear, tripping up your bandmates, or accidentally unplugging yourself.
The receiver automatically finds and sets the optimal wireless connection with the transmitter, selecting among 14 channels to do so, and operating over the carrier frequency of 2.4 GHz. At 2.3 ms, latency shouldn't be an issue. A USB charging cable is included, with which you can charge both the receiver and transmitter. To do this, plug the transmitter into the receiver, connect the charger to the DC-in port, and both units will be charged in around 4 hours. From there, you'll get approximately 10 hours of continues playing time.
This model differs from the WL-20 by not offering cable-tone simulation. Without the high-freqeuncy roll-off that mimics the capacitive effect of 10' guitar cables, the system is well suited for instruments with active pickups and onboard preamps, or line-level devices.
- Proprietary Boss Technology
- Equipped with the Katana-Air's wireless technology, the WL-20L delivers quality sonics with a wide dynamic range. Channel selection is handled automatically to ensure rock-solid audio performance with no drop-outs. With a latency of just 2.3 ms, you'll always enjoy great playing feel with no lag. Up to 14 BOSS wireless systems can be used simultaneously in one space, allowing multiple musicians to enjoy wireless freedom at the same time.
- Plug In and Rock
- A WL-20L system is as simple to use as a standard guitar cable. The small transmitter plugs into your instrument, while a matching receiver plugs into a pedal or an amp.
- Automatic Wireless Setup
- With the WL-20L, there's no fiddly channel setup required. Just dock the transmitter and receiver together for about 10 seconds to automatically set the optimum connection.
- Easy Charging via USB
- When docked, the built-in batteries in the transmitter and receiver can be charged together with a standard USB adaptor (5 V/500 mA or higher), the same type used with many smartphones and tablets. The transmitter and receiver can also be charged separately, and a micro-USB cable is included for charging.
UPC: 761294513675 In the Box BOSS WL-20L Wireless System for Guitars or Line-Level Devices WL-T Wireless Transmitter for BOSS Guitar Receiver Systems Limited 1-Year Warranty on Parts Limited 90-Day Warranty on Labor Table of Contents
- Built for Active Pickups or Line-Level Devices
- Whereas the similar BOSS WL-20 system provides a cable tone simulation, the WL-20L does not. This makes it a better choice for instruments where cable capacitance has little or no effect on the tone, such as an acoustic-electric guitar with an onboard preamp, a guitar or bass with active pickups, or a line-level device. The WL-20L also works with passive pickups if you don't need the subtle treble roll-off provided by cable tone simulation.
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the BOSS WL-20L Wireless System for Guitars or Line-Level Devices in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
BOSS WL-20L Specs
| Wireless Type || BOSS proprietary digital audio format |
| Carrier Frequency || 2.4 GHz |
| Channel Count || 14x, may vary due to local conditions |
| Transmission Range || 50' / 15.2 m, line-of-sight, may vary due to local conditions |
| Latency || 2.3 ms |
| Dynamic Range || 110 dB or greater |
| Frequency Response || 20 Hz to 20 kHz |
| Nominal Output Level || -10 dBu |
| Nominal Output Level || -10 dBu |
| Output Impedance || 1 kOhm |
| Recommended Load Impedance || 10 kOhms or greater |
| Indicators || Power, receive |
| Connectors || 1 x 1/4" output, phone type |
1 x 1/4" TRS transmitter jack, phone type
1 x DC input jack
| Current Draw || During Wireless Operation: 60 mA |
While Charging: 500 mA
| Charging Time || Charging Only the Receiver: Approximately 3 hours |
Charging Simultaneously with the Transmitter: Approximately 4 hours
| Expected Battery Life || Approximately 10 hours, continuous |
| Dimensions || 3.4 x 1.0 x 1.5" / 87.0 x 25.0 x 38.0 mm |
| Weight || 2.1 oz / 60.0 g |
| Package Weight || 0.52 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 5.75 x 3.7 x 2.0" |
Rating100% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 74 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
Post new comment to BOSS WL-20L Wireless System for Guitars or Line-Level Devices
|Date: 18.03.2023 02:41:02||Name: Gary Francis Pfeifer|
|Why do i need to plug some kind of pedal in between guitar and amp to make it work right. If i plug right from guitar to amp i get a tremelo sound. Need some help please. I have the WL 20L system. Thanks|
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
Nikon F Mount Sigma 150-600 mm Contempory Lens, can anyone assist please?...
DYMO LABELMAKER MARK VI...
Simmons truplex recicle 8 point 4-12×40mm ...
I'm looking for the manual for a ESP LTD F-100 series guitar which came with 2 humbuckers,1 volume,1 tone,and 3 way toggle switch with tune-o-matic br...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
Name: Neels Welsh
Sigma 150-600mm f 5-6.3 DG OS
I am looking for a owner's manual for a Sigma 150-600 contempory Lense?
Can anyone please assist?...
GigaStone 32 IF-6600 Authorization issue
Gigastone 32GB IF-6600 i-Flash Drive
Help - GS 32GB IF-6600 doesn't appear to want to authenticate itself when plugged into iPhone. GS app appears to work correctly and have even removed App and re-installed App. App works fine, but will not accept iflash drive. During the "authorization" process, the screen goes...
Name: Graham Hicken
Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder HD -
I have found a Dazzle never used. It is a version 11.1.2 Can i use the driver discs on my Windows 10. The computer does not seem to want to know. Would it be possible to get discs to use this Dazzle without purchasing an up to date model. THANK YOU....
I have a question about my SUNPAK WAND
Sunpak Bluetooth SelfieWand
How do you change the battery in a Sunpak Selfie Wand ?...
uv510A stuck in far zoom
Name: rhonda hagan
Minrray UV510A Series 2MP 20x Video
Good afternoon, we have a uv 510a and it is stuck in the max zoom position. We try to default reset it but it will not work. any help will be appreciated. Thank you...