User Manual for Buffalo TeraStation 16TB 5410DN 4-Bay NAS Server Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Buffalo TeraStation 16TB 5410DN 4-Bay NAS
- Product category: Network Attached Storage Drives Buffalo
- Brand: Buffalo
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Buffalo Network Attached Storage Drives
User manual for the Buffalo TeraStation 16TB 5410DN 4-Bay NAS contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Buffalo product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Buffalo user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Buffalo product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Built for small and medium businesses that are seeking a user-friendly and cost-effective 10GbE platform, the TeraStation 16TB 5410DN 4-Bay NAS Server from Buffalo takes advantage of iSCSI protocols to help move SMB data at enterprise-level speeds and reduce bottlenecks that can occur on slower networks. It has an overall capacity of 16TB, which is made up of 2 x 8TB SATA III 3.5" NAS hard drives, and is further powered by a 1.7 GHz Annapurna Labs AL314 Alpine Quad-Core processor, 4GB of DDR3 ECC RAM, and Linux OS, allowing the 5410DN to run multiple concurrent services, including virtualized storage. Connectivity to your network is accomplished using one 10GbE port and two Gigabit Ethernet ports, and other compatible external peripherals can be connected to the 5410DN using its two USB 3.0/2.0 Type-A ports.
For those who require RAID support, this NAS supports RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, and 10, each of which offers speed, redundancy, or a combination of both. For those who do not require a RAID, JBOD is available. AES 256-bit encryption helps to ensure that data cannot be accessed on systems other than your TeraStation. Other features include Advanced NTFS Permissions (Windows ACL), VMware certification, Rapid RAID mode change, RAID Mode Manager, Boot Authentication, Rsync, integrated cloud backup with remote access through WebAccess, Duplex Firmware, Active Directory that supports up to 10,000 users/group, and more.
The TeraStation 5410DN is compatible with Windows, Windows Server, and Mac OS, and also supports the TCP/IP protocol and CIFS/SMB, AFP, FTP, SFTP, NFS, and SNMP network file services. Included with this NAS is NovaBACKUP Buffalo Edition software with one server and ten workstation licenses, NAS Navigator 2 software, a network cable, an AC cable, and a front panel key. Protection is provided by a limited 3-year warranty and 24-hour hard drive replacement.
- With this device, you can receive assistance from VMware with an ESX problem if one occurs since this NAS device is certified for NFS and iSCSI. This NAS device is on VMware's hardware compatibility list which ensures that while using this NAS device as storage for an ESXi server, users will not be precluded from getting support from VMware.
- Users can back up the TeraStation to their existing rsync-compatible non-Buffalo device. This feature also allows backup for existing rsync-compatible non-Buffalo NAS devices to the TeraStation NAS.
- Replication with TeraStation
- Replication is synchronizing a folder on two separate TeraStations in almost real time. It works in only one way - not bi-directional, from source to destination. It is possible to set up the function in LAN and WAN. The WAN setup includes the remote connection using port forwarding and a VPN setup
- Intuitive Web Management GUI
- This graphical interface includes a quick startup page for user-friendly setup.
- Powered by Annapurna Labs CPU
- The TeraStation 5410DN is equipped with an Annapurna Labs Alpine AL314 Quad-Core processor and can transfer of large files quickly with improved file access from multiple computers. Its performance is designed for demanding small, medium, and growing businesses.
- Hot-Swappable Drives for Added Data Security
- With RAID 1 or RAID 5 (full redundancy), even if a drive fails, the TeraStation 5410DN will automatically power down the faulty drive to allow its safe removal and replacement.
- Active Directory
- Works as a client in an Active Directory domain allowing the TeraStation 5410DN to utilize the domain users and groups.
- Disk Quota Allocation
- Disk quota prevents disk space misuse by allocating users with the right amount of space.
- The TeraStation 5410DN is bundled with 11 licenses of NovaBACKUP Buffalo Edition. NovaBACKUP provides a complete, all-in-one data protection solution for small and medium businesses serious about protecting digital assets.
- Ready for the Cloud
- Buffalo's TeraStation 5410DN comes with B-Sync, enabling users to seamlessly manage files and backups between their TeraStation and Dropbox. Buffalo NAS also works with Amazon S3 Cloud services.
UPC: 747464133676 In the Box Buffalo TeraStation 16TB 5410DN 4-Bay NAS Server (2 x 8TB) NAS Navigator 2 NovaBACKUP Buffalo Edition (1 Server & 10 Workstation Licenses) Ethernet Cable AC Cable Front Panel Key 24-Hour Hard Drive Replacement Limited 3-Year Warranty Table of Contents
- 24-Hour Hard Drive Exchange
- If ever you need to replace a hard disk drive (HDD), prepayment is no longer necessary and if the order is placed before 12pm and in stock, shipment is dispatched the same day with a 24-hour delivery. This is valid for the duration of the limited 3-year warranty.
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Buffalo TeraStation 16TB 5410DN 4-Bay NAS Server in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Buffalo Terastation 5410RN Specs
| Capacity || 16 TB (2 x 8 TB SATA III 3.5" NAS HDDs) |
| RAID || RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, and JBOD (individual disks) |
| Standards Compliance || 2 x USB 3.0/2.0 Type-A (5 Gb/s & 480 Mb/s) |
| CPU || 1.7 GHz Annapurna Labs Alpine AL314 Quad-Core |
| Memory || 4 GB ECC DDR3 |
| Standards Compliance || (10BASE-T) IEEE802.3, (100BASE-TX) IEEE802.3u, (1000BASE-T) IEEE802.3ab, (10GBASE-T) IEEE802.3an, and (NBASE-T) IEEE802.3bz |
| Number of Ports || 1 x 10GBASE-T |
2 x 1GBASE-T
| Data Transfer Rates || 2.5/5/10 Gbps |
| Supported Protocols || TCP/IP |
| Network File Services || CIFS/SMB, AFP, FTP, SFTP, NFS, and SNMP |
| Connector Type || RJ45 |
| Failover || Failover solution with other Buffalo NAS devices |
| Power Consumption || Max: 85 W |
Average Active: 56 W
Average Idle: 45 W
Standby: 0.8 W
| Power Supply || Universal 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz (internal) |
| Operating Temperature || 32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C |
| Operating Humidity || 10 to 85% non-condensing |
| Form Factor || Desktop |
| Active Directory Support || Yes |
| Client OS Support || Windows 10, 8.1, and 7 |
Windows Server 2016, 2012R2, 2012, 2008R2, and 2008
Mac OS X 10.9 and later
| Compatible Hard Drives || OP-HD2.0N, OP-HD3.0N, OP-HD4.0N, OP-HD6.0N, and OP-HD8.0N |
| Installed OS || Linux |
| Dimensions || 6.69 x 8.46 x 9.06" / 170 x 215 x 230 mm |
| Weight || 15.4 lb / 7.00 kg |
| Package Weight || 15.3 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 14.7 x 14.2 x 12.6" |
Rating90% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 16 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment: