User Manual for Canon XF205E HD Camcorder Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Canon XF205E HD Camcorder
- Product category: PAL Camcorders Canon
- Brand: Canon
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Canon PAL Camcorders
User manual for the Canon XF205E HD Camcorder contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Canon product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Canon user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Canon product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description The Canon XF205E HD Camcorder is a compact, ergonomically friendly camera that is suitable for traditional multi-camera productions as well as ENG/event style coverage and independent and documentary filmmaking. It is designed for European video standards, and not compatible with U.S. Broadcast systems. The camera features a 1/2.84" CMOS sensor that captures 1920 x 1080 video at various frame rates up to 50p. The integrated Canon 20x HD Optical zoom lens has a 35mm equivalent zoom range of 26.8 to 576mm and features an 8-bladed iris to render highlights in a more natural manner. Individual gear rings for focus, zoom, and iris on the lens itself provide you a natural way to make manual adjustments.
The camera records MPEG-2 at frame rates of 25/50p and 50i at up to 50Mbps, with 4:2:2 color sampling, to integrated CF card slots using an MXF wrapper that is compatible with most popular NLE systems. You can also record to an integrated SDXC card slot using the MP4 codec at frame rates up to 50p. The XF205 features 4-channels of audio with manual/automatic record levels with two XLR inputs and a built-in on camera microphone. The built-in handgrip features 120° of rotation, making it easier to find a comfortable shooting position.
Built-in dual-band WiFi allows you to control the cameras functions from available mobile devices as well as view footage from the camera on the devices. Proxy files can be transferred via WiFi while you are shooting new footage. The camera also incorporates an Ethernet connection, so you can transfer files directly from the camera. An HDMI output provides you with video out.
1920 x 1080 CMOS Sensor
- The XF205E features a 1/2.84-inch HD CMOS Image Sensor that is slightly larger than a 1/3" sensor. The sensor features approximately 5% more pixels than 1920 x 1080 and records a 1920 x 1080 window from the slightly large sensor. This allows the camera to use the extra pixels for Electronic Image Stabilization and maintain the 1920 x 1080 resolution so the image isn't degraded by being blown up as with traditional EIS systems.
20x Optical Zoom Lens
- The Canon 20x HD Zoom Lens provides a zoom range with 35mm equivalent of 26.8mm-576mm and a minimum object distance of just 23.6 inches (60cm). The lens features an eight blade iris design providing out of focus highlights with a natural rounded appearance.
- The lens features three infinitely rotating rings for focus, zoom, and iris. The rings use an electronic coupling to move the lens functions while maintaining a mechanically linked feel during use.
- The XF205E offers optical image stabilization (OIS) useful for reducing image blur in a wide variety of shooting situations. It also utilizes electronic image stabilization (EIS) in conjunction with the OIS providing 5-Axis image stabilization.
- The camera features focus peaking and a selectable waveform monitor display.
OLED View Screen and EVF
- The 3.5" Organic Light-Emitting Diode (OLED) display provides vivid color and 1.23MP resolution. The viewscreen has a viewing angle of over 80 degrees in all directions, which allows you to see a usable image even when you are off angle to the viewscreen. The Color EVF is a 0.45 inch with 1.23MP of resolution and tilts up to 45° to accommodate different shooting positions.
- The XF205E features an integrated mic and 2 XLR Line/Mic level inputs with +48V phantom power for connecting external mics.
- The camera features an HDMI output, as well as HD-SDI, 3G-SDI and timecode output via BNC connectors on the side of the camera.
Media Card Slots
- Dual CF Card slots allow varied recording options.
- Dual recording: allows you to simultaneously record the same footage to different media cards using different codecs and bit rates
- Double-slot recording: allows you to record simultaneously to each of the two CF memory card slots, providing an instant backup for your footage
- Relay recording: the XF205E automatically switches video recording from one memory card to the other when the first memory card becomes full.
- The SDXC slot can be used to record high quality MP4 files, and you can record to one CF card slot and the SDXC card slot simultaneously.
Infrared Shooting Mode
- Engaging the Infrared (IR) shooting mode moves the IR Cut filter out of the optical path for shooting in extreme low light conditions. An IR emitter built into the top handle provides an IR source.
- Dual-band Wi-Fi (5GHz and 2.4GHz) support is built into the camera, allowing FTP file transfer of MP4 video. The camera supports a web browser interface that combined with Wi-Fi support allows you to control key features of the camera, including start/stop recording, zoom (limited to three speeds), exposure functions, and focus using a smart phone or tablet. You can also view and download recorded MP4 footage from the camera on a PC or mobile device while continuing to shoot.
An integrated Ethernet port allows you to link your camera to existing wired networks and wireless routers allowing you to download footage from the memory cards.
- The camera features an autofocus system with several useful modes, including Instant AF, which uses both the TTL-Video Signal Detection System and the external sensor, and Face Detection AF, which tracks the focus on faces in the video frame.
In the Box Canon XF205E HD Camcorder (PAL) Lens Hood with Lens Cover Lens Cap Eyecup Microphone Holder Unit Set of Screws for Microphone Holder Unit CA-930(A) Compact Power Adapter AC Cable DC-930 DC Cable BP-955 Intelligent Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (5200 mAh) WL-D6000 Wireless Controller CR2025 Lithium Battery for WL-6000 Limited 90-Day Warranty Table of Contents
- Wide Dynamic Range
- Wide Dynamic Range Gamma of 600% helps prevent overexposure, even for high brightness areas of an image and/or with non-uniform colors. Unlike the normal knee function that compresses video signals in high brightness areas using linear gamma, a wide DR Gamma retains continuity across the image and enables color grading.
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Canon XF205E HD Camcorder in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Canon XF205E Specs
| Sensor || 1/2.84" CMOS Sensor |
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Total Pixels: 3.09 MP
Effective Pixels: 2.91 MP
RGB Primary Color Filter
Compatible with NTSC
| Lens || Zoom Range: 20x Optical |
35mm Equivalent: 26.8 to 576mm (28.8 to 576mm with Dynamic IS)
| OLED Viewscreen || Pixel Count: Approximately 1.5MP |
| Viewfinder || 0.45" Color EVF |
Pixel Count: Approximately 1.5MP
| Media Card Slots || 2 x Compact Flash |
1 x SDXC
| Video Recording System || Compression: 8 Bit MPEG-2 Long GOP |
Color Space: 4:2:2
File Format: MXF and MP4
50Mbps MXF (CBR) 4:2:2: 1920x1080 (50i/25p), 1280x720 (50p/25p)
35Mbps MXF (VBR) 4:2:0: 1920x1080 (50i/25p), 1440x1080 (50i), 1280x720 (50p/25p)
25Mbps MXF (CBR) 4:2:0: 1440x1080 (50i/25p)
35Mbps MP4: 1920x1080 (50p)
24Mbps MP4: 1920x1080 (325p)
17Mbps MP4: 1280x720 (50p)
9Mbps MP4: 1280x720 (25p)
3Mbps MP4: 640x360 (25p)
| Audio || 2/4-Channel, Linear PCM, 16-Bit, 48 kHz (MXF) |
| Inputs/Outputs || Input |
Audio: 2 x XLR 3-pin female, 1 x 3.5mm mini jack
Genlock: 1 x BNC
HDMI: 1 x HDMI connector
HD-SDI: 1 x BNC
3G-SDI: 1 x BNC
Timecode: 1 x BNC
| Package Weight || 11.05 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 13.6 x 10.0 x 8.6" |
Rating60% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 29 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
SanDisk Ultra 32 GBT...
Iolo system mechanic users manual...
Metronomo korg ma-2...
JBL Extreme 2 Portable Bluetooth speaker...
Ashley Samson 6 audio mixer...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
Name: Marnie Grebert
Swann 5580 Series 8-Channel 4K UHD
We are getting an alarm when our system goes offline. Is there a way to switch this off?...
Bass drum Tom mount
Name: Scott C Irons
Gretsch Drums Energy Series 5-Piece Drum
I need a bass drum Tom mount
It was missing from the package
I bought the gretch energy 5-peice ...
Gretch drums assembly
Gretsch Drums Energy Series 5-Piece Drum
How do I mount the small Toms if there is no receptor on top of the bass drum ...
User guide manual of CC3500E
Name: Arnie Guillermo
Logitech GROUP Videoconferencing System
Can you send me at pdf file of the above subject?
Elevation adjustment on a Ncstar shooting low
Name: John hanna
NcSTAR 3-9x42 Mark III Tactical Generation
My 3-9x42 Ncstar on my ar15 shoots 1inch low at 5 yards. I removed the adapter to lower the scope but getting same results. This my first Ncstar so I’m wondering if maybe something is wrong with it. My other scopes are Nixons on a 30-06 and 308.
Your help would be appreciated...