User Manual for Chandler Germanium Compressor Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Chandler Germanium Compressor
- Product category: Dynamics Processors Chandler
- Brand: Chandler
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Chandler Dynamics Processors
User manual for the Chandler Germanium Compressor contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Chandler product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Chandler user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Chandler product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description The Chandler Limited Germanium Compressor (Matched Pair) is a 1RU 19" rackmountable unit designed for dynamic signal processing for tracking, mixing, and mastering. The compressor's circuit design was tuned by ear for musicality and each unit is hand assembled in the U.S.A.
The unit features a class A amplifier with transformer-balanced input and output stages. The compression circuit utilizes an FET gain reduction element to control the amount of 2nd and 3rd harmonic distortion. A Dirty Comp/Clean Comp switch allows the total harmonic distortion of the circuit to range from 0.2 to 0.5% in Clean mode and 2 to 5% in Dirty mode which adds vibrance and warmth to the signal. To control the compression curve, the unit utilizes a selectable combination of resistors, Germanium diodes, silicon diodes and Zener diodes. Each setting selects a different compression curve from gentle to hard and changes the overall tone of the signal.
The unit also features controls to hardwire bypass the compression circuit, adjust the input gain, change the sidechain low frequency setting, adjust the compression ratio, adjust the wet/dry mix, and adjust the compression attack and release times. A Link switch allows you to link two compressors together for stereo operation. The output stage of the unit features a Germanium drive control for the Germanium amplifier which is connected to a feedback control. The feedback control changes the amount of output signal that is fed back into the input stage which subsequently changes the total harmonic distortion and tonality of the signal. A meter display provides visual feedback of the compression process.
For I/O, the unit features a mono XLR input, and a 1/4" TRS sidechain connection. The unit is powered by ±28 V and requires the Chandler Limited PSU-1 MKII power supply (sold separately).
- Provides variable gain control over the incoming signal
- Clean/Dirty Comp
- Utilizes a FET compressor circuit design to control the presence of 2nd and 3rd harmonics
- Controls the amount of signal entering the compressor detector with settings of OUT, 30, 60, 90, 150, and 300 Hz
- Hardwire Bypass
- Enables A/B comparison of the signal with and without compression, as well as comparing the tonal differences between the gain and feedback settings
- Compressor Curve
- Utilizes resistors, Germanium diodes, silicon diodes, Zener diodes, and combinations of diodes to control the compressor's ratio
- Germanium Drive
- Controls the output gain of the Germanium amplifier and operates in conjunction with the feedback control
- Controls the rate at which the compressor engages and disengages from fast to slow
- Links two compressors together
- Feedback Control
- Changes the amount of output signal that is fed back into the compressor's input and the tonality of the overall signal
- Controls the ratio of signal over the threshold to the amount of compression applied from gentle to hard
In the Box Chandler Germanium Compressor (Matched Pair) Limited 1-Year Warranty Table of Contents
- Mixes the compressed and uncompressed signal
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Chandler Germanium Compressor in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Download User ManualThe user manual for the Chandler Germanium Compressor can be downloaded in PDF format at the link stated below.
Chandler GERMANIUM COMPRESSOR MPE Specs
| Channels || Mono |
| Circuit || Discrete transistor |
| Connectors || I/O: 1 x transformer-balanced 3-pin XLR |
Sidechain: 1 x transformer-balanced 1/4" TRS
| Power || ± 28V |
| Rack Installation || 1RU |
| Dimensions || 19" x 1.75 x 13" (48.3 x 4.45 x 33.0 cm) |
| Weight || 11 lb (5.0 kg) |
| Package Weight || 23.5 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 22.5 x 15.0 x 9.0" |
Rating50% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 30 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
Samsung Q60 65" Class HDR 4K...
Aduro uogrip road series dashcam DVC 100 DVR Road Dash video camcorder...
Instructional manual for Monfrotto ball tripod head # 496RC2...
PDP by DW Encore Complete 5-piece Drum Set with chrome hardware and cymbals Azure Blue...