User Manual for Cisco IP Phone 8851 Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Cisco IP Phone 8851
- Product category: Telephones Cisco
- Brand: Cisco
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Cisco Telephones
User manual for the Cisco IP Phone 8851 contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Cisco product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Cisco user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Cisco product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Boost your organization's IP telephony capabilities with the IP Phone 8851 from Cisco. Equipped with a 5" WVGA color display and a full-duplex speakerphone, this wall-mountable white IP Phone 8851 boasts wideband audio support, five programmable line keys, a two-port 10/100/1000 Mb/s Ethernet switch for connecting to your corporate network, PoE+ (Power over Ethernet) support, Bluetooth support for wireless headsets, and a USB Type-A port for charging your smartphone. Support for Cisco Intelligent Proximity allows you to routing a nearby mobile call through the IP Phone 8851's headset or speakerphone.
- The IP 8851 Phone's standard wideband-capable audio handset connects through an RJ9 port. The 21" (or 71" when fully extended) standard coiled cord has a custom end for concealed cable routing beneath the phone. The handset is hearing aid-compatible (HAC) and meets Federal Communications Commission (FCC) loudness requirements for the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). You can achieve Section 508 loudness requirements by using industry-standard inline handset amplifiers such as Walker Equipment W-10 or CE-100 amplifiers. The dial pad is also ADA-compliant.
- A full-duplex speakerphone gives you flexibility in placing and receiving hands-free calls. For added security, the audible dual tone multifrequency (DTMF) tones are masked when the speakerphone mode is used.
- Analog Headset Support
- The analog headset jack is a standard wideband-capable RJ9 audio port.
- AUX Port
- You can use an auxiliary port to support electronic hookswitch control with a third-party headset.
- USB Port
- A side USB port enhances the usability of call handling by enabling wired or wireless headsets, and it also provides up to 500mA power output at 5V or 2.5W for smartphone charging.
- Ethernet Switch
- An internal 2-port Cisco Ethernet switch allows for a direct connection to a 10/100/1000 Mb/s Ethernet network (802.3i/u/ab) through an RJ45 interface with single LAN connectivity for both the phone and a co-located PC. The system administrator can designate separate VLANs (802.1q) for the PC and phone, providing improved security and reliability of voice and data traffic.
- Bluetooth Support
- Bluetooth 3.0 Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) Class 1 technology (up to 66' range) is supported. Hands-Free Profile (HFP) support allows for untethered headset connections and voice communications. Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP) is supported for phone book object exchange between devices.
- Power-Saving Features
- Support for Cisco EnergyWise technology helps to make the Cisco IP Phone 8851 more energy-efficient and eco-friendly. The phone is also ENERGY STAR-certified.
- Backlit Indicator
- The phone supports backlit indicators for the audio path keys (handset, headset, and speakerphone), select key, line keys, and message waiting.
- Replaceable Bezel
- The phone includes a black bezel; an optional silver bezel is also available.
- Dual-Position Foot Stand
- The two-position foot stand supports viewing angles of 35/50°. You can remove the foot stand for wall mounting, with mounting holes located on the base of the phone.
- You can install the phone on a wall using an optional wall-mount kit.
- Key Expansion Module (KEM) Support
- The phone supports up to two KEMs to expand from 5- to 77-line buttons, giving you access to many speed dials or programmable features, as well as the ability to monitor multiple lines.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) Support
- The phone is compatible with both IEEE 802.3af and 802.3at switch blades and supports both Cisco Discovery Protocol and Link Layer Discovery Protocol-Power over Ethernet (LLDP-PoE).
- Cisco IP Phone Power Cube 4 Support
- This optional power cube is used as an AC-to-DC (48V) power supply for non-PoE deployments. Use of the Power Cube 4 also requires the use of one of the corresponding AC country cords.
- Cisco Intelligent Proximity
- Audio path moving sends audio through the IP Phone 8851 for a mobile device-connected call. Call history synchronization allows you to view placed and missed calls on your mobile device from the IP Phone 8851, while contact synchronization allows you to synchronize the contact objects from your mobile device.
In the Box Cisco IP Phone 8851 (White) Limited 1-Year Warranty Table of Contents
- Quality-of-Service (QoS) Options
- The phone supports Cisco Discovery Protocol and 802.1q/p standards, and can be configured with an 801.1q VLAN header containing the VLAN ID overrides configured by the Admin VLAN ID.
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Cisco IP Phone 8851 in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Cisco CP-8851-W-K9 Specs
| Ports || 1 x 10/100/1000 Mb/s PoE+ Ethernet (Uplink) |
1 x 10/100/1000 Mb/s Ethernet (LAN)
1 x USB Type-A (500 mA @ 2.5/5 W)
2 x RJ9
1 x RJ11 AUX
| Cord Length || 21" / 53.3 cm (Coiled) |
72" / 182.9 cm (Extended)
| Keys || Line Keys |
Back and Release Keys
Four-Way Navigation and Select Keys
Hold/Resume, Transfer, and Conference Keys
Messaging, Application, and Directory Keys
Volume-Control Toggle Key
Speakerphone, Headset, and Mute Keys
| Bluetooth || Bluetooth 3.0 Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) Class 1 |
Hands-Free Profile (HFP)
Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP)
| Display || 5" WVGA 24-Bit Color |
| Codecs || G.711 A-Law and Mu-Law, G.722, G.729a, Internet Low Bitrate Codec (iLBC), and Internet Speech Audio Codec (iSAC) |
| Call Functions || + Dialing |
Adjustable Ring Tones and Volume Levels
Adjustable Display Brightness
Auto-Detection of Headset
Busy Lamp Field (BLF)
Busy Lamp Field (BLF) Pickup
Busy Lamp Field (BLF) Speed Dial
Call Forward Notification
Call History Lists
Conference, Including Traditional Join Feature
Cross Cluster Extension Mobility (EMCC)
Forced Access Codes and Client Matter Codes
Group Call Pickup
Message-Waiting Indicator (MWI)
Music on Hold (MoH)
Network Profiles (Automatic)
On- and Off-Network Distinctive Ringing
Predialing before Sending
Private Line Automated Ringdown (PLAR)
Ring Tone per Line Appearance
Service Uniform Resource Locator (URL)
Silent Monitoring and Recording
Time and Date Display
Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) Dialing
Visual Voice Mail
| Network Features || Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) for Signaling |
Session Description Protocol (SDP)
IPv4 and IPv6
User Datagram Protocol (UDP) (Used Only for Real-Time Transport Protocol [RTP] Streams)
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Client or Static Configuration
Gratuitous Address Resolution Protocol (GARP)
Domain Name System (DNS)
Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP)
Secure Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTPS)
Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP)
Real-Time Control Protocol (RTCP)
Cisco Peer-to-Peer Distribution Protocol (PPDP)
Cisco Discovery Protocol
LLDP (including LLDP-MED)
Switch Speed Auto-Negotiation
| Call Control Compatibility || Cisco Unified Communications Manager: 8.5.1 (Non-Secured Mode Only), 8.6.2, 9.1.2, 10.5.2, 11.0 and Later |
Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express (Unified CME): 10.0 and Later through Fast Track
Cisco Business Edition 6000 (BE 6000): 8.6.2, 9.1.2, 10.5.2, 11.0 and Later
Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution (HCS): 8.6.2 and Later (Using Supported UCM Versions Above)
| Physical Security || Kensington Security Slot (K-Slot) |
| Security Features || Secure Boot |
Secure Credential Storage
Configuration File Authentication and Encryption
Random Bit Generation
Hardware Cryptographic Acceleration
Certificate Authority Proxy Function (CAPF)
Manufacturer-Installed Certificates (MIC)
Locally Significant Certificates (LSC)
Ethernet 802.1x Supplicant Options: Extensible Authentication Protocol-Flexible Authentication via Secure Tunneling (EAP-FAST) and Extensible Authentication Protocol-Transport Layer Security (EAP-TLS)
Signaling Authentication and Encryption Using TLS
Media Authentication and Encryption Using SRTP
HTTPS for Client and Server
Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol Server
Secure Sockets Later (SSL)-Based VPN Client
| Language Support || Arabic (Arabic Area) |
Chinese (Hong Kong)
Czech (Czech Republic)
English (United Kingdom)
Korean (Korea Republic)
Russian (Russian Federation)
Serbian (Republic of Serbia)
Serbian (Republic of Montenegro)
| Phone-Casing Composition || Polycarbonate Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) Textured Plastic; Cosmetic Class A |
| Operational Temperature || 32-104°F / 0-40°C |
| Storage Temperature || 14-140°F / -1-60°C |
| Operating Humidity || 10-90% |
| Storage Humidity || 10-95% |
| Agency Certifications || Regulatory Compliance |
- CE Markings per Directives 2004/108/EC and 2006/95/EC
EMC - Emissions
- UL 60950 Second Edition
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950 Second Edition
- EN 60950 Second Edition (Including A11 & A12)
- IEC 60950 Second Edition (Including A11 & A12)
- AS/NZS 60950
EMC - Immunity
- 47CFR Part 15 (CFR 47) Class B
- AS/NZS CISPR22 Class B
- CISPR22: 2005 w/Amendment 1: 2005 Class B
- EN55022: 2006 w/Amendment 1: 2007 Class B
- ICES003 Class B
- VCCI Class B
- KN22 Class B
- Armadillo Light
- FCC Part 68 HAC
- AS/ACIF S004
- AS/ACIF S040
- NZ PTC 220
- Industry Standards: TIA 810 and TIA 920
- Industry Standards: IEEE 802.3 Ethernet, IEEE 802.3af and 802.3at
- Korea (RRA Public Notification 2010-36, Nov 01, 2010)
- Korea (RRA Announce 2011-2, Feb 28, 2011)
- FCC Part 2.1093 (BT RF Exposure TR)
- RSS-102 (BT RF Exposure TR)
- EN 300.328
- EN50385 (BT RF Exposure TR)
- EN 301-489-1
- EN 301-489-17
- NCC LP0002
- Korea (RRL No. 2006-128, RRL No. 2006-129)
- Japan Bluetooth GFSK/EDR
| Dimensions (WxHxD) || 9.02 x 10.13 x 1.57" / 229.1 x 257.34 x 40 mm (Excluding Foot Stand) |
| Weight || 2.62 lb / 1.19 kg |
Rating60% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 89 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
You have Manual for
Lumicon Easy Giant Guider Nr. 2111
Bower 6 -In-1 Multipod Selfie Tripod with Smartphone, GoPro Mount, and Rechargeable Wireless Remote, Black...
Nikon ML-L3 release...
Otterbox iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro Defender Series Case...
RCA MODEL NUMBER P46924