User Manual for Cokin NUANCES Extreme X-Pro Series Soft-Edge Reverse-Graduated Neutral Density Filter Kit Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Cokin NUANCES Extreme X-Pro Series Soft-Edge
- Product category: Graduated Neutral Density Cokin
- Brand: Cokin
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Cokin Graduated Neutral Density
User manual for the Cokin NUANCES Extreme X-Pro Series Soft-Edge contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Cokin product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Cokin user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Cokin product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description How to Use ND Filters: Tips, Tricks, and Special Effects Read More This Cokin NUANCES Extreme X-Pro Series Soft-Edge Reverse-Graduated Neutral Density Filter Kit contains three reverse-graduated neutral density filters that are designed for use with a Cokin X-Pro Series Filter Holder. They can each be applied to darken bright skies, specifically during a sunrise or sunset, while allowing for a normal, unaffected exposure in the other regions of the image.
Each of these filters achieves its effect with a 0.6, 0.9, or 1.2 band of density across its center region that corresponds to a 2-, 3-, or 4-stop reduction in light, respectively, from entering a lens. These bands extend in both vertical directions and taper to a 0.3, 0.6, or 0.9 density, respectively, providing a 1-, 2-, or 3-stop reduction in light at the edge above the filter's center. Directly below the 0.6, 0.9, or 1.2 band of density, each filter tapers to clear, with a soft-edged line of transition before the clear area.
The placement of a 0.6, 0.9, or 1.2 band of density that tapers to a density of 0.3, 0.6, or 0.9 above it with a clear area directly below allows the Cokin NUANCES Extreme X-Pro Series Soft-Edge Reverse-Graduated Neutral Density Filters within this kit to match the positioning of the sun when it is at, or immediately above, the horizon. In such instances, the sun can appear closer to the center of an image as opposed to the upper edge, and an increase in brightness is created that is more prominent on both sides of the sun than above it. This pattern of brightness corresponds to the density pattern on this kit's filters. The filters' soft-edged lines of transition are useful for soft transitions between the sky and land, while their 2-stop to 1-stop, 3-stop to 2-stop, or 4-stop to 3-stop gradations are applicable to multiple regions of brightness within the sky.
Cokin NUANCES Extreme filters are constructed from tempered, shock-resistant glass and feature nano-metallic alloy film coatings on both sides of the filter surface to attenuate infrared light while maintaining true color fidelity, even when stacked with other Cokin NUANCES or NUANCES Extreme filters. Anti-glare coatings further help to reduce surface reflections for increased contrast and clarity, while additional hydrophobic coatings result in an improved beading effect when in contact with water for greater cleaning efficiency. Additionally, Cokin NUANCES Extreme filters feature C-shaped edges. This rounded edge shape resists chipping to further enhance durability.
For use with a Cokin X-Pro Series Filter Holder, a light-blocking gasket is included. This gasket forms a seal that is intended to prevent stray light, which could have unwanted effects on exposure, from coming in between the filter and the lens behind it. A microfiber cloth is also provided for cleaning and maintenance of the filters.
In the Box Cokin NUANCES Extreme X-Pro Series Soft-Edge Reverse-Graduated Neutral Density Filter Kit NUANCES Extreme X-Pro Series Soft-Edge Reverse-Graduated Neutral Density 0.6 to 0.3 Filter (2 to 1-Stop) NUANCES Extreme X-Pro Series Soft-Edge Reverse-Graduated Neutral Density 0.9 to 0.6 Filter (3 to 2-Stop) NUANCES Extreme X-Pro Series Soft-Edge Reverse-Graduated Neutral Density 1.2 to 0.9 Filter (4 to 3-Stop) Microfiber Cloth Light-Blocking Gasket Limited 1-Year Warranty Introduction to ND Filters: The Basics BH Online Videos 05/29/2015 How to Use ND Filters: Beyond the Basics BH Online Videos 05/29/2015 Table of Contents
- Three reverse-graduated neutral density filters that are compatible with a Cokin X-Pro Series Filter Holder
- Effectively darken bright skies, specifically during a sunrise or sunset, while allowing for a normal, unaffected exposure in the other regions of the image
- 2-, 3-, or 4-stop band of density that tapers to a 1-, 2-, or 3-stop density, respectively, at the edge above it while directly above a clear area, creating a neutral density pattern that matches the positioning of the sun when it is at, or immediately above, the horizon
- 2-, 3-, or 4-stop band of density extends in both vertical directions
- Density pattern corresponds to the brightness pattern of the sun when it appears at or is closer to the horizon as opposed to a higher angle, which creates an increase in brightness that is more prominent on both sides of the sun than above it
- Soft-edged line of transition between the 2-, 3-, or 4-stop band of density and the clear area below it is useful for images where the transition between sky and foreground is indeterminate, such as images featuring mist, fog, or the tops of trees
- 2-stop to 1-stop, 3-stop to 2-stop, or 4-stop to 3-stop gradations are applicable to multiple regions of brightness within the sky
- Filters do not affect the overall coloration of the image
- Tempered, shock-resistant glass construction maintains high optical clarity with low reflectivity
- A nano-metallic alloy applied to both sides of each filter attenuates infrared light and ensures neutral coloration even when stacked with other Cokin NUANCES or NUANCES Extreme filters
- Anti-glare coatings help to reduce surface reflections for increased contrast and color fidelity
- Hydrophobic coatings result in an improved beading effect when in contact with water for greater cleaning efficiency
- C-shaped edges resist chipping to further enhance durability
- Padded pouches to store and transport each filter
- When combined with a Cokin X-Pro Series Filter Holder, included gasket helps to prevent light from coming in between a filter and the lens behind it, which can have an unwanted effect on exposure
- Microfiber cleaning cloth for filter cleaning and maintenance
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Cokin NUANCES Extreme X-Pro Series Soft-Edge Reverse-Graduated Neutral Density Filter Kit in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Cokin NKXRE Specs
| Filter Type || Graduated ND |
| Graduation Type || Reverse |
| Graduation Direction || Vertical |
| Density || 0.3 (1 Stop) to 0.6 (2 Stops) |
0.6 (2 Stops) to 0.9 (3 Stops)
0.9 (3 Stops) to 1.2 (4 Stops)
| Shape || Rectangle |
| Rectangular Size || 5.12 x 6.69" / 130.0 x 170.0 mm |
| Cokin Compatibility || Cokin X-Pro |
| Filter Thickness || 0.09" / 2.3 mm |
| Filter Material || Glass |
| Coatings || Multi-Coating |
Rating70% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 91 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
Hammond E-311 Manuals...
Puissant digital camera binoculars...
Cyberpowerpc Model C series ET 8830-1084...
Polaroid Blue speaker manual for BTS10W...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
Emergency Calls Off - Galaxy SM-J737U
Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J737U 32GB Smartphone
By mistake I pressed Emergency Call On and after I disabled that feature. But I was seeing on the top left hand side the "Emergency Calls Only" and I lost connection with Network. I can operate only with wifi.
I tried to shut it off, remove the sim card, rest the networ...
WHAY KIND OF BATTERY SHOUL I BUY VIVICAM XX14
Name: wayne searle
Vivitar ViviCam XX14 Digital Camera
WHAT KIND OF BATTERYS I NEED TO BUY I TRUED BATTERIES TWICE BRAND NEW SAYS BATTERY LOW ETC
CAN I BUT RECHARBLE BATTERIES
Name: Abuwi Coleman
Adesso NuScan 4100B Bluetooth Handheld CCD
How do I program the scanner?...
Request for catalogue of Spectrophotometer
Name: Md. Kaisar Reza
X-Rite i1Studio Spectrophotometer
Please send a catalogue. we will buy one meter soon ...
Name: Rhonda K Gregoire
Fitbit Versa Fitness Watch Special Edition
My Fitbit will not stay charged it only last 6hrs when fully charged...