User Manual for Covert Scouting Cameras MP8 Black Digital Trail Camera Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Covert Scouting Cameras MP8 Black Digital
- Product category: Trail/Wildlife Cameras Covert Scouting Cameras
- Brand: Covert Scouting Cameras
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Covert Scouting Cameras Trail/Wildlife Cameras
User manual for the Covert Scouting Cameras MP8 Black Digital contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Covert Scouting Cameras product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Covert Scouting Cameras user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Covert Scouting Cameras product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Capture 8MP photos and 640x480 video of wildlife or trespassers with the MP8 Black Digital Trail Camera in Mossy Oak Country camouflage from Covert Scouting Cameras. The passive infrared (PIR) motion sensor captures images when triggered by subject movement, and its 0.9-sec motion trigger speed helps ensure that shots are not missed. The MP8 can also operate in time-lapse mode, capturing images at scheduled intervals without the PIR sensor being triggered. These captured shots can then be stitched together into a video showing change over time. A built-in, 40-LED, invisible infrared flash allows for bright after-dark images while remaining completely discreet, so as not to spook or alert game or other humans.
The MP8 Black records photos and videos to optional SDHC memory cards up to 32GB. Power is provided by 4-8 AA batteries or an external 6V battery connected to the camera's auxiliary power jack.
- Photo and Video Capture
- Maximum still image resolution of 8MP
- Other resolutions include 5MP and 3MP
- Video recorded at VGA 640x480 or QVGA 320x240
- Use Start-Stop function to choose when camera will be active, if you don't want it active all day and night
- Motion Sensor
- Passive infrared (PIR) sensor captures images when triggered by subject movement
- Detects changes in temperature that occur when subjects move, and signals camera to take photo or record video in response
- 0.9-sec motion trigger speed helps ensure camera won't miss the shot
- Selectable delay times of 5-60 sec (in 5-sec increments) and 1-60 min for interval between trigger events
- Time-Lapse Shooting
- Camera can operate in time-lapse mode, capturing images independently of PIR sensor at scheduled intervals
- Photos can be stitched together into a video showing change over time
- Selectable interval times: 5-60 sec (in 5-sec increments), 2-60 min, and 1-8 h
- Can be active at same time as motion-detection mode, so you won't miss opportunities for shots that occur in between scheduled time-lapse intervals
- Built-in, 40-LED, invisible infrared flash allows for bright after-dark images while remaining completely discreet, so as not to spook or alert game or other humans
- Setup, Display, and Options
- 1" color LCD monitor for settings and options selection, as well as viewing your images
- Date, time, temperature, and moon phase stamping on images
- By recording phase of moon at time of capture, camera allows you to see which animals are inactive during full or nearly-full moon--when brighter lighting conditions make them more visible to predators
- Moon phase also helps determine if brighter or darker backgrounds in images are due to fullness of moon
- Records photos and videos to optional SDHC memory cards up to 32GB
- Overwrite function saves new photos over old ones if memory card becomes full. Each time new photo is taken, oldest photo on card will be overwritten
- Runs on 4-8 user-supplied AAs
- Short-term operation possible with 4 AAs, but 8 highly recommended to give you longer shooting time
- Can also run on optional, external 6V battery connected to camera's auxiliary power jack
- Reinforced threaded connector for tripod or tree/post mount
UPC: 859972005212 In the Box Covert Scouting Cameras MP8 Black Digital Trail Camera (Mossy Oak Country Camo) Limited 2-Year Warranty Table of Contents
- Weather-resistant housing for protection against elements during extended outdoor use
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Covert Scouting Cameras MP8 Black Digital Trail Camera in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Covert Scouting Cameras 5212 Specs
| Camera Type || Trail/wildlife |
| Resolution || Maximum: 8.0 MP |
Other Resolutions: 5.0 MP and 3.0 MP
| Sensor || Passive infrared (PIR) motion sensor with 0.9-sec trigger speed |
| File Formats || JPEG |
| Lens || Angle of view not specified by manufacturer |
| Focus Type || Not specified by manufacturer |
| Focus Range || Not specified by manufacturer |
| Sensitivity || PIR Sensor: Low, normal, and high settings |
| Burst Capability || 2-10 shots in rapid succession in photo burst mode |
| Interval Recording || Yes, time-lapse shooting at scheduled intervals without camera being triggered by motion |
Selectable Intervals: 5-60 sec (in 5-sec increments), 2-60 min, and 1-8 h
Can be active at same time as PIR motion sensor
| Built-in Flash || Yes - 40-LED, invisible infrared flash |
| Memory Card Type || SDHC cards up to 32 GB (not included) |
| Recording Formats || Not specified by manufacturer |
| Video Recording || Yes |
| Video Resolution || VGA 640x480 |
| Video Clip Length || 5.0-60 sec |
| Display || 1.0" / 2.5 cm color LCD screen |
| Playback || Yes |
| Connectivity || Auxiliary power jack for external battery |
Mini-USB port for image transfer to computer
| Operating/Storage Temperature || Not specified by manufacturer |
| Durability || Weather-resistant housing |
| Battery Type || 4-8 x user-supplied AAs |
Optional, external 6.0 V battery connected to auxiliary power jack
| Dimensions || 5.1 x 4.0 x 2.9" / 13.0 x 10.2 x 7.4 cm |
| Weight || 2.0 lb / 0.9 kg |
| Package Weight || 0.9 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 8.9 x 5.4 x 0.1" |
Rating70% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 78 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
Post new comment to Covert Scouting Cameras MP8 Black Digital Trail Camera
|Date: 15.06.2021 19:44:42||Name: Aaliah Zuniga|
|How do I reset the pin? I forgot it|
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
Samsung Wireless Charger Duo pad with Wall Charger (AFC 25w)...
Pecific image prime film Xes super edition 35mm film scanner- user manual...
Pecific image prime film Xes super edition 35mm film scanner- user manual...
Bell & Howell Autoload 308 super 8 film video camera
Zoom lens F:10.5-26.5mm, f/1.9, reflex finder
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
Formato Formattazione SD
Klark Teknik DN32-LIVE SD SDHC and
Che formato di formattazione deve avere la SD da inserire?...
How to connect Adapt with PC
Name: Shibu Mammen
Harman Kardon Adapt Wireless HD Audio
How can I connect my laptop with HK AVR 151S through HK Adapt? I want to listen the songs in my laptop in the HK AVR 151S audio system...
no picture just sound
Name: Terrance Brennan
Quasar SQ3210A 32" Class HD LED
i have no picture just sound while tv channels changes need help please.
thank you Terrance...
NBP Battery pack
Name: Michael Baker
Nitecore NBP68 Advanced Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery
I am getting the nitecore NBP68 HD battery pack just wandered if I have to do anything to maintain it?
Don’t want to over charge it. Should I let it run completely down then fully recharge every so often?
Thanks for the info...
HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse 800
Very interesting idea