User Manual for CyberLink PowerDirector 16 Ultra & PhotoDirector 9 Ultra Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the CyberLink PowerDirector 16 Ultra & PhotoDirector
- Product category: Video Editing CyberLink
- Brand: CyberLink
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for CyberLink Video Editing
User manual for the CyberLink PowerDirector 16 Ultra & PhotoDirector contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any CyberLink product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official CyberLink user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a CyberLink product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Between CyberLink's PowerDirector 16 Ultra & PhotoDirector 9 Ultra, you have pretty much everything you need to get creative with your videos and photos. Both applications are consumer-level systems loaded with pro-level features that are easy to use. They let you do everything quickly with a drag-and-drop workflow and many one-click presets.
With PowerDirector you can edit a video, add various effects, transitions, and the like, as well as fix footage, manipulate it, color-correct it, and more. PhotoDirector provides a similar set of features specifically optimized for family, travel, landscape, and portrait photos. Both programs also offer 360 editing features. PowerDirector is Windows-compatible and PhotoDirector is compatible with Windows and Mac.
Table of Contents
- PowerDirector 16 Ultra (DVD) CyberLink PowerDirector 16 Ultra (DVD) allows the enthusiast editor to create truly artistic and stylish videos. PowerDirector is a consumer-level editing system but from beginning to end it's loaded with pro-level features. The difference? PowerDirector lets you do everything quicker and easier, by drag-and-drop and similar methods. But it nonetheless provides the tools to not only cut and organize a video and spruce it up with effects, but also to fix footage, manipulate it, color-correct it, and much more, and most of this with simple one-click presets.
PowerDirector 16 is a comprehensive software with a 100-track timeline and support for popular file formats and up to 4K resolution video. It's Windows-compatible and operates on minimal system requirements (please see Specs). The Ultra version comes with 6 effects/templates packages and includes 25GB of CyberLink Cloud Service for one year.
For those on the go, PowerDirector offers an express editing feature where you simply select a template, drag and drop clips in the beginning, middle, and end of the template, and PowerDirector will take care of the rest, returning to you a fully edited video with transitions, effects, etc. You can also choose to share this video on social media direct from PowerDirector with the press of just another button, or similarly to burn it to DVD or Blu-ray (burner required) complete with a menu.
Among the more advanced features you'll find motion tracking, audio ducking, look-up table support, split toning and HDR effect, chroma key, and much more. A popular feature that's also built in is a screen capture tool that allows you to record whatever's happening on your desktop. This function is ideal for creating software tutorials, recording game play, and recording your screen for vlogs. Furthermore, CyberLink WaveEditor Express is also included for recording and editing audio.
- New Features
- 360° Video Stabilizer
Fix shaky 360° footage instantly and enjoy smooth, flowing video from any angle.
Apply Titles and Images to 360° Motion Path
Seamlessly apply and add titles to your 360° videos to appear without distortions. PowerDirector's powerful 360-rendering engine means titles you apply will look natural.
Video Collage Designer
Combine up to seven different video clips into a single customizable collage complete with animated openings.
Color Match Intelligent Color Correction
Color Match intelligently analyzes your video footage and adjusts lighting, saturation, and color variables to achieve a consistent look across an entire clip. It helps videos shot in areas of varying light or video taken from multiple cameras.
Look-Up Table Support
Look-up tables (LUTs) are a useful and quick method that the pros use to match footage from one source to another in order to achieve a particular effect throughout a video.
New Effects/Templates Packs
Content Pack Premium 3.
New Rendering Engine
Other New Features
Convert titles and PiP to 360° object, Little Planet Effect (360), split toning and HDR effect, audio ducking, and QuickTime MOV import.
- Effects & Templates Packages
- Content Pack Premium 3 (New)
- Content Pack Essential
- Content Pack Premium
- Content Pack Premium 2
- NewBlue Video Essentials 1
- proDAD Adorage 13 Lite
- 360° Video Editing
- 360° video stabilizer (New)
- Apply titles and images to 360° motion path (New)
- Little Planet Effect (New)
- Convert titles and PiP to 360° object (New)
- View Designer
- Import, edit, and produce 360° video
- Color correction for 360° video
- Action Camera Center
- Stop motion
- Pan and zoom
- Speed adjustment
- Video stabilizer
- Freeze frame
- Correct distortions (lens, color)
- Design Tools
- Video collage designer (New)
- Mask designer
- Video blending modes
- Motion tracking
- Transition designer
- Theme designer
- Menu designer
- Title designer
- PiP designer
- MultiCam designer
- 100-track multi-cam audio sync
In the Box Bundle Items PowerDirector 16 Ultra (DVD) azdeveyzscdvfsxzeaqfb PhotoDirector 9 Ultra (DVD)
- Video Editing & Design Studio Tools
- Color Match intelligent color correction (New)
- Look-up table (LUT) support (New)
- Split toning and HDR effect (New)
- Audio ducking (New)
- Vertical video import, editing, and export
- Produce 120/240 fps high frame rate video
- Express projects
- Apply video effects on titles
- Chroma key
- Motion blur for PiP and titles
- 100-track timeline
- Content-aware editing
- TrueTheater color enhancements
- TrueTheater stabilizer
- One-click color presets
- Subtitle room/import and export SRT
- Screen recorder (30 fps) with audio
- TrueVelocity 7 (New)
- Native 64-bit support
- Multi-GPGPU acceleration
- OpenCL support
- Intelligent SVRT
- 7th generation Intel Core Processor (Skylake) optimization
- NVIDIA and Intel H.265 (HEVC) hardware encoding
- NVIDIA, Intel, and AMD H.265 (HEVC) hardware decoding
- Supports Intel 6th Core for 4K profiles
- Intel QuickSync Video
- AMD 2nd Gen APU optimization
- Format Support
- QuickTime MOV import (New)
- 2K and 4K export/import
- XAVC-S import/export
- H.264 and H.265 (HEVC) import/export
- AVCHD 3D/Progressive
- Import, edit, and produce 120/240 fps video
- FLAC audio support
- .AAC audio file support
- DTS 5.1 Producer
- DVD authoring
- Blu-ray authoring
- AVCHD disc authoring
- PhotoDirector 9 Ultra (DVD) A well-rounded software for editing a variety of photo types PhotoDirector 9 Ultra from CyberLink has a wide range of controls well-suited to everything from family photos to travel shooting, and landscapes to portraiture. Using a layer-based editing structure, complex photo composites can be created in a non-destructive manner for more control and freedom. Blending modes and translucent images afford greater creativity, along with the ability to intelligently apply image corrections and work with Dehaze and Defringe functions for improved clarity. Benefitting portrait photographers, a variety of adjustments tools are available, including skin smoothing, face retouching, skin tone, and body shaper tools that can be used to achieve the perfect portrait. Ideal for those working with 360° cameras, too, specialized editing tools are available to hide tripods and other objects in a scene, produce Little Planet imagery, and create wide-field panoramas. Also enabling the use of video content to produce dynamic still photographs, Video-to-Face Swap, Motion Stills, and Photos from Video functions can be used to create a unique sensor of motion or simply to ensure all your subjects are smiling and have their eyes open.
- For Family
- Video-to-Photo Face Swap allows you to easily create perfect group photos using video footage to ensure everyone is smiling and all eyes are open.
- More than 100 distinct lens profiles, and growing, are available to quickly apply corrections to remove distortion and other common lens flaws.
- Create your own animated GIFs by converting video files into short, creative moving image files that are perfect for sharing online.
- Face identification allows you to instantly recognize and tag people for sorting and easier browsing later.
- Intelligent auto photo corrections let you fix photos fast by enhancing tonal values, brightness and contrast, and removing unwanted color casts.
- For Travel
- When using 360° cameras, a Little Planet feature emphasizes the spherical recording capabilities of a 360° camera and produces a unique globe-like effect.
- Panoramic images can be produced from a 360° capture for making flat, wide-field imagery.
- The Hide Tripod feature helps to automatically remove your tripod or selfie stick from the 360° image in order to keep the focus on the scenery around you.
- Intelligent content-aware editing lets you remove unwanted objects or people from an image by simply brushing over them or moving them to other areas of the image. An intelligent algorithm will then automatically fill the space to match with the surrounding background for a seamless composition.
- One-click presets let you achieve finished results quickly, including HDR, black & white, and split tone effects, as well as dedicated effects for portraits and landscapes.
- Motion Stills are a creative image type where you can brush over a specific portion of the image to retain movement in that area only while the rest of the image remains still.
- A Photos from Video function lets you produce sharp stills from video footage, and furthermore allows you to create unique time-lapse-like images, multiple exposure stills, and layered photos.
- For Landscapes
- Express Layer Templates contain all of the layer components that make up individual images, and help to both put together complex compositions as well as show you how the individual layers interact with each other.
- Blending modes afford a variety of creative possibilities for combining multiple photos into a single composition.
- The Dehaze slider allows you to quickly strip away haze, fog, and smog for improved clarity and a Defringe tool lets you easily remove color fringing from imagery for cleaner quality.
- Artistic overlays are translucent images that can be stacked and combined with your photographs to produce a creative result instantly.
- Beyond just JPG, TIFF, and standard file types, PhotoDirector also has support for a broad range of raw file types from most camera manufacturers.
- For Portraits
- Skin smoothing tools along with the ability to remove wrinkles, blemishes, shine, eye bags, and red eye allow you to enhance the look of subjects' faces.
- Dedicated face retouching tools, including the ability to reshape and slim faces or enlarge eyes, let you fine-tune your subjects' appearance.
- Skin tones can be intelligently adjusted to produce a healthier or more tan look.
- A unique Body Shaper tool lets you quickly apply adjustments to body contours.
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the CyberLink PowerDirector 16 Ultra & PhotoDirector 9 Ultra in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
- PowerDirector 16 Ultra (DVD)
| Operating System || Microsoft Windows 10, 8/8.1, 7 (64-bit OS recommended) |
| CPU || Intel Core i-series or AMD Phenom II and above |
| Graphics Processor || Standard Video: 128 MB VGA VRAM or higher |
360-video: DirectX 11 compatible
| Memory || 2 GB required (6 GB or above recommended) |
| Hard Disk Space || 7 GB required |
| Sound Card || Windows compatible sound card is required |
| Screen Resolution || 1024 x 768, 16-bit color or above |
| Internet Connection || Internet connection required for initial software and file formats activation |
| Language Support || English |
| Video File Import || H.265/HEVC, MVC (MTS), Side-by-Side, Top-Under, Dual-Stream AVI, FLV (H.264), MKV (multiple audio streams), 3GPP2, AVCHD (M2T, MTS), AVI, DAT, DivX (codec must be downloaded online; available for 32-bit Windows OS only), DV-AVI, DVR-MS, MOD, MOV (H.264/alpha PNG), MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), MP4 (XAVC S), TOD, VOB, VRO, WMV, WMV-HD, WTV in H.264/MPEG2 (multiple video and audio streams), DSLR video clip in H.264 format with LPCM/AAC/ Dolby Digital audio, 360 video (equirectangular format MP4 (H.264); supports up to 4K resolution in 2:1 aspect ratio) |
| Audio File Import || WAV, MP3, WMA, M4A, OGG, FLAC, AAC |
| Audio Format Import || AAC, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, WAVE, MPEG-1 Layer III, FLAC, ALAC |
| Photo File Import || MPO, JPS, RAW, GIF, BMP, JPG, TIF, PNG, Animated GIF, 360 photo (equirectangular format JPG/TIF in 2:1 aspect ratio) |
| Look-Up Table Import || 3DL, MGA, M3D, CUBE, CSP, CMS, RV3DLUT, VF |
| Video File Exporting || 3D video (MVC, Side-by-Side, Anaglyph), HD (AVCHD, AVCHD 2.0 -- 3D/Progressive -- MPEG-2 HD, WMV-HD), 2K/4K resolution (H.264 AVC, WMV, H.265 HEVC, XAVC S), MKV with Dolby Digital/LPCM audio, MPEG-2 (.MPG) with Dolby Digital audio), MPEG-2 TS (.M2TS) with Dolby Digital/LPCM audio, MPEG-4 AVC (.MP4) with AAC/Dolby Digital audio, Windows Media Video (.WMV) with WMA audio, DV-AVI (.AVI) with PCM audio, AVCHD 2.0 for SD/SDHC/SDXC/MS memory card or flash memory, TPD for HDD camcorder, 360 video (equirectangular format MP4 [H.264]) |
| Audio File Exporting || AAC (.M4A), WMA, LPCM (.WAV) |
| Formats Supported for Disc Creation || 3D Disc Burning: DVD/AVCHD/BD |
BD Burning: BDMV
AVCHD disc burning
DVD & BD disc burning with DTS audio
*Disc burning device required
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 7.6 x 7.4 x 5.5" |
- PhotoDirector 9 Ultra (DVD)
| Supported OS Versions || Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (64-Bit) |
| Storage Requirements || 1 GB |
| Processor Requirement || Intel Core |
| Supported OS Versions || 10.9 - |
| Storage Requirements || 1 GB |
| RAM Requirement || 2 GB (Minimum) |
| VRAM Requirement || 128 MB (Minimum) |
| Minimum Display Resolution || 1024 x 768 |
| Internet Connection Required || Yes |
| Image Formats Supported || BMP, GIF, PHI, PNG, RAW, TIFF |
| Video Formats Supported || 3GP, ASF, AVI, M2TS, MOV, MP4, MPE, MPEG, MTS, WMV |
| Supported Languages || Dutch |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 7.6 x 5.5 x 1.5" |
Rating90% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 76 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment: