User Manual for Dell 15.6" Inspiron 15 7000 Series Multi-Touch 2-in-1 Laptop Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Dell 15.6" Inspiron 15 7000 Series
- Product category: Notebooks Dell
- Brand: Dell
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Dell Notebooks
User manual for the Dell 15.6" Inspiron 15 7000 Series contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Dell product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Dell user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Dell product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description The 15.6" Inspiron 15 7000 Series Multi-Touch 2-in-1 Laptop from Dell is a system whose screen can rotate up to 360° to vary between laptop, tent, stand, and tablet mode. Laptop Mode features the traditional layout of a laptop where you use the keyboard and touchpad to navigate the screen. Stand Mode is where you can watch videos and view photos with little to no touch interactions with the computer. Tablet Mode is when you push the screen all the way back, transforming this notebook into a tablet. Tent Mode is when you stand the system up on its edges, resembling a tent, which is well-suited for PowerPoint presentations. This system can easily transition between the classroom and home.
The Inspiron 15 7000 has a 15.6" 1920 x 1080 LED-backlit display, a 16:9 aspect ratio, a pixel pitch of 0.17926mm, a refresh rate of 60 Hz, and viewing angles of 160°. The display is also a touchscreen, which supports the 10-point multi-touch gestures incorporated into Windows 10 Home. There's also an HDMI port, so you'll be able to output video to an external display. The system is powered by a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5-7200U Dual-Core processor that boosts up to 3.1 GHz when needed. It also has 8GB of 2133 MHz DDR4 RAM for quick access to frequently used files and programs; the RAM can be upgraded to a max of 16GB. For storage, it has a 256GB SATA III M.2 SSD.
Other integrated features include one USB 3.0 Type-C port that provides up to 15W of charging power, one USB 3.0 Type-A port with PowerShare technology, one USB 2.0 Type-A port, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, an SD card slot, a user-facing 720p webcam, dual digital microphones, built-in stereo speakers, and compatibility with Windows Ink. There is also an infrared camera that, in addition to allowing users to chat, capture photos, and record videos, enables enhanced security using its depth-sensing feature when paired with Windows Hello. Power is provided by a lithium-ion battery that lasts for up to 300 charge/discharge cycles and an included 45W AC adapter that runs using 100-240 VAC at 50-60 Hz. The installed operating system is Windows 10 Home (64-bit).
- Big Things Comes in Compact Packages
- The solid-state drive (SSD) outperforms conventional hard drives with longer battery life, faster response times, quieter performance, and improved shock resistance.
- Increased Productivity
- High power, fast speeds, and long battery life are built in. Plus, enjoy a backlit keyboard for typing in dim lighting and an infrared camera that integrates with Windows Hello to recognize you, making for password-free logins.
- An Amazing View
- Brilliant picture quality comes standard with the Full HD display. A wide viewing angle of 160° in all directions allows you to see clearly even when you're off center, making it well-suited for multiple people to view content or work side-by-side on projects.
- Flexes to Fit Your Life
- Four modes mean you can bring your system with you almost anywhere. Laptop at the office, tablet on the go, tent mode for viewing on narrow surface areas, and stand mode for movie streaming. This machine will tag along and make your busy life just a bit more enjoyable.
- Draw and Write Naturally
- Experience a natural pen-on-paper feel using the active pen designed for drawing, writing, and note taking with your Inspiron 2-in-1. The active pen captures your every stroke naturally with 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity and is simple to use since there is no need to pair the pen with your 2-in-1. Palm rest technology enables you to comfortably rest your palm on the screen without having to worry about stray lines.
- Turn Up the Heat
- From locker rooms to locked cars, Dell tested the Inspiron for survival in harsh short-term heat conditions of up to 149°F / 65°C.
- Durable Hinges
- Dell tested the Inspiron's hinges to ensure they stay tight, even after opening and closing the lid 20,000 times.
- Keys to Success
- Dell tests commonly used keys for 10 million keystrokes and touchpad buttons 1 million times with no failures.
- Buttoned Up
- No matter what you set your power and multimedia buttons to do, Dell has tested them all to survive up to 40,000 pushes.
- Twist and Turn
- Call Dell excessive, but after twisting an Inspiron laptop's base and lid more than 25,000 times, they can assure you the parts inside are well-protected.
- In for the Long Haul
- Systems undergo at least 10,000 hours of highly accelerated life testing to help ensure they're ready for the real world.
- Start Menu
- After its hiatus in Windows 8, the Start Menu has returned. Utilizing a combination of the traditional menu system and Windows 8's Live Tiles, the improved Start Menu gives you more information at a glance, showing notification information alongside your applications and other pinned items.
- Microsoft's digital personal assistant, Cortana can answer your questions with information gleaned from both your device and the internet at large. You can type or even talk with her, if your system has a microphone. Using her Laptop, Cortana keeps track of your needs and wants, and she learns over time to improve her information gathering skills.
- Microsoft Edge
- After nearly 20 years, Microsoft has finally replaced its Internet Explorer web browser. With Microsoft Edge, users can write directly on web pages and share notes with friends and colleagues. It also improves the online reading experience by adding a distraction-free mode and read-it-later functionality. Edge also has built-in Cortana integration; you can have her help you find a restaurant, make a reservation, and pull up directions without leaving your browser.
- Windows Store
- For Windows 10, Microsoft has unified the Windows Store. Now, apps for PCs, tablets, and phones will all be accessible from one place. And with support for Universal Apps, one version of an app can work across all your compatible devices automatically.
- Windows Continuum
- Windows 10 was designed for a variety of screen sizes and input styles, and with its Continuum feature, it automatically adapts to fit your needs. A Windows 10 tablet on its own requires a touch-centric approach, but attaching a mouse and keyboard will shift everything to a more traditional interface. You can even attach an external monitor to your Windows 10 phone for a near-desktop experience. But it's not just the operating system; Windows Universal Apps take advantage of Continuum as well.
In the Box Dell 15.6" Inspiron 15 7000 Series Multi-Touch 2-in-1 Laptop 45W AC Adapter Limited 1-Year Warranty Table of Contents
- Xbox on Windows 10
- Gaming is a big focus of Windows 10. Xbox integration allows for PC players to match up against Xbox One players on supported games, and if you have an Xbox One, you can even stream compatible titles to your PC. Native support for recording with the new Game DVR feature makes it easy to capture and share your gameplay. The new DirectX12 takes better advantage of multi-core processors, giving games a performance boost, even on older hardware. Windows 10 also features native support for virtual reality headsets, such as the Oculus Rift.
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Dell 15.6" Inspiron 15 7000 Series Multi-Touch 2-in-1 Laptop in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Dell I7579-5588GRY Specs
| Operating System || Windows 10 Home (64-Bit) |
| CPU || 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5-7200U Dual-Core |
| Maximum Boost Speed || 3.1 GHz |
| Memory Type || 2133 MHz DDR4 |
| Total Installed Memory || 8 GB |
| Maximum Memory Capacity || 16 GB |
| Memory Slot Type || 260-Pin SO-DIMM |
| Available Memory Slots || 1 |
| Graphics Type || Integrated |
| GPU || Intel HD Graphics 620 |
| Panel Type || Unspecified LCD |
| Size || 15.6" |
| Aspect Ratio || 16:9 |
| Resolution || 1920 x 1080 |
| Touchscreen || Yes |
| Refresh Rate || 60 Hz |
| Adaptive Sync Technology || None |
| Viewing Angle (H x V) || 160 x 160° |
| Total Installed Capacity || 256 GB |
| Solid State Storage || 1 x 256 GB M.2 SATA |
| Expansion Slots || None |
| Optical Drive || None |
| Ports || 1 x USB Type-A (USB 3.1 Gen 1) |
1 x USB Type-A (USB 2.0)
| USB Type-C Ports || 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 |
| Display || 1 x HDMI |
| Audio || 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm Headphone/Microphone Input/Output |
| Built-In Speakers || 2 |
| Built-In Microphones || 2 |
| Media Card Slots || 1 x SD (Unspecified Type) |
| Ethernet || None |
| Wi-Fi || Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac); Dual-Band (2.4 & 5 GHz) |
| Bluetooth || 4.2 |
| GPS || None |
| NFC || None |
| Webcam || User-Facing: 720p |
| Battery Chemistry || Lithium-Ion |
| Keyboard || Notebook Keyboard with Backlight |
| Pointing Device || TouchPad |
| Security || Accepts 3rd Party Security Lock Devices |
| Power Supply || 45 W |
| AC Input Power || 100 to 240 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz |
| Dimensions || 14.9 x 0.8 x 9.9" / 378.5 x 20.3 x 251.5 mm |
| Weight || 4.8 lb / 2.2 kg |
| Package Weight || 7.3 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 20.1 x 12.8 x 3.0" |
Rating94% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 72 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
Post new comment to Dell 15.6" Inspiron 15 7000 Series Multi-Touch 2-in-1 Laptop
|Subject: Headphone Use|
|Date: 07.03.2021 02:49:32||Name: Jim Hanlpon|
|How do I shut off the external speaker volume when using headphones?|
|Subject: Operating Headphones|
|Date: 07.03.2021 02:47:01||Name: James Hanlon|
|When I use headphones on my DELL Inspiron the external speakers continue to work. How do I shut the volume off on the external speakers without shutting off the volume on the he|
|Subject: Can’t startup as asking for PIN or finger start. I only set for Password. |
|Date: 11.11.2020 17:11:28||Name: Chris Bowles|
|See above! |
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
imedic 500 os-7801 MESSAGE CHAIR...
IPhone Tech21 000...
sigma 150 - 600 sport...
Need user manual for a night owl optics binocular made in Russia. Model #NOFB3...
Kensington Wired Trackball - need to configure trackball
Use Windows 10.0...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
download operators manual
Name: peter wells
JBL Horizon Clock Radio
wish to download correct operator manual Jbl radio alarm clock black blu tooth clock about five yr. old. Model number R 206 000489 (?).
download operators manual
JBL Horizon Clock Radio
i have a JBL radio alarm clock black about about five yr. old .has a number R204 000489. can you possibly help. please advise.
Pilotfly gimbal Hě
Name: Petr Los
Pilotfly H2 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer
Hello, Can you send me the link for Pilotfly gimbal H2. Thank you...
Unable to transfer the Zoom Meeting Audio to Musiccast WX-010
Yamaha WX-010 MusicCast Wireless Speaker
Unable to transfer the Zoom Meeting Audio from iPad to Musiccast WX-010. Please advise how to fix this issue.
I lost my user manual for iS048 camera.....can you have me print one?
Name: ralph sheffler
Polaroid iS048 Digital Camera
I lost my user manual for iS048 camera.....can you have me print one?...