User Manual for Facebook Portal Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Facebook Portal
- Product category: Virtual Assistant Speakers & Displays Facebook
- Brand: Facebook
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Facebook Virtual Assistant Speakers & Displays
User manual for the Facebook Portal contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Facebook product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Facebook user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Facebook product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Video chat with friends and loved ones with the black Facebook Portal. It features a 10.1" 1280 x 800 touchscreen with a four-microphone array, plus a 720p camera with 8x zoom. The camera can follow you around the room and zoom in or out to keep those in the room in the frame. The four-microphone array allows the Portal to pick up your voice from nearly anywhere in the room, and with Amazon Alexa built-in, you can ask the Portal questions, set timers, add items to your shopping list, control your compatible smart home devices, and more. A camera/mic off switch disables their functionality, and a physical lens cover is also included to further alleviate your privacy concerns. Note: Content acquired via certain apps may require subscription to a service. Not all services are available in all areas. Wi-Fi connectivity and a Facebook account are required for initial setup. US English is the only supported language at this time. Certain Alexa- and location-based features will have limited functionality outside the US. Please see the manufacturer's website for more information.
- Follows the Action
- Whether you're moving around the kitchen or chasing the kids through the living room, the Portal's Smart Camera adjusts to follow the action.
- Keeps Everyone in Frame
- As more people enter the room, the Smart Camera is engineered to automatically widen to keep everyone in view.
- Voice-Enhancing Microphones
- The Portal is designed to enhance the voice of whoever is talking, wherever they move in the room, and minimize unwanted background noise.
- Camera and Microphone Off
- You can completely disable the camera and microphone with a single tap. This mode physically disconnects the camera and microphone, and they can't be turned back on without pressing the button again.
- Included Camera Cover
- In addition to the camera/microphone off button, you can block the camera lens with the included camera cover.
- Screen Lock
- To limit Portal access within your home, you can set a 4- to 12-digit passcode to keep the screen locked. Changing the passcode requires your Facebook password.
- Home and Away Mode
- When you turn on Home and Away Mode, the Portal will use your mobile phone and Portal's location to know when you're home and available to call; you'll still get calls on Messenger when you're away.
- No Eavesdropping
- Facebook doesn't listen to, view, or keep the contents of your Portal video calls, so your Portal conversations stay between you and the people you're calling.
- Local AI Technology
- For added security, the Smart Camera uses AI technology that runs locally on the Portal, not on Facebook servers. The Portal's camera does not use facial recognition and does not identify who you are.
- Only Responds to "Hey Portal"
- Like other voice-enabled devices, the Portal only sends voice commands to Facebook servers after you say, "Hey Portal." You can delete the Portal's voice history in your Facebook Activity Log.
- Connect with Friends, Even if They Don't Have a Portal
- Use your voice to easily call friends and family on Messenger – calls can be made to and from smartphones and tablets, and you can bring up to six other people into a group call.
- Experience More Together
- With Story Time on the Portal, you can seemingly become some of your children's favorite characters as you read along to their stories with music, animation, and augmented reality effects. Also, if friends or family also have a Portal, you can listen to your favorite songs, albums, or playlists together as if you were in the same room, without delays or feedback.
- A Variety of Content
- Enjoy music, videos, news and more from a growing list of partners.
- Amazon Alexa Built-In
- The Portal has Amazon Alexa built-in, so you can ask a question, set a timer, add items to your shopping list, control your compatible smart home devices, and more with just your voice.
- Stay Close with Superframe
- When you're not on a call, the Portal can display your Facebook photos and videos. You can also see when your closest contacts are available to connect and get birthday reminders.
- Music Playback
- Play your favorite music through the two 5-Watt full-range drivers of the Portal.
Table of Contents
- Additional Features
UPC: 810387030046 In the Box Facebook Portal (Black)
- 4-microphone array (two front, two rear)
- Ambient light sensor
- MIMO connectivity
- Camera Cover
- Power Cord
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Facebook Portal in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Facebook Portal Specs
| Virtual Assistant Support || Amazon Alexa |
| Display Size || 10.1" / 25.7 cm |
| Screen Resolution || 1280 x 800 |
| Touchscreen || Yes |
| Image Resolution || 12 MP |
| Angle of View || Diagonal: 140
Rating70% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 48 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
Post new comment to Facebook Portal
|Subject: Facebook smart portal devices|
|Date: 02.05.2021 22:17:40||Name: Laure Blanchard|
|Green light is on but the people I call cannot see me on my portal, I can see them?|
|Date: 28.04.2021 21:27:08||Name: sharon shuler|
|Hi April 5th I requested a user manual for facebook portal WD50JM806-00285-02 10" portals alexa built in, i purchased 2 of these and one with the larger diplay. I need a copy in my hand to guide me or this money spent for these 3 items are wasted. emails i received do not help. what can you do for me to make this happen? Not everyone is computer savy. Thank you|
|Subject: Portal and Starlink|
|Date: 10.04.2021 16:30:17||Name: Maureen Simon|
|We just installed starlink ... now our portal connection is unreliable. Picture and video go in and out. VERY annoying. Cannot seem to do 4-way chatting.|
|Subject: Calling portal to portal|
|Date: 23.03.2021 19:57:28||Name: Pam|
|Cannot seem to video or receive videos to or from my portal even though I do have my WhatsApp open and wifi strength strong person on other portal also has WhatsApp open and strong wifi signal|
|Date: 16.03.2021 15:49:12||Name: Catherine Kuzma|
|How do I add a new contact to my Facebook portal?|
|Subject: How do I set up Portal for a zoom meeting|
|Date: 25.02.2021 19:42:58||Name: Mary Anne Jackson|
|Zoom web page not helpful|
|Subject: incomming calls|
|Date: 20.02.2021 06:21:22||Name: Isabel|
|I can call people on my portal but I can't receive calls I can't find out why? can someone help?|
|Date: 16.02.2021 02:49:11||Name: janice ivany|
|how do i add a new contact to my facebook portal?|
|Subject: Wifi not secure?|
|Date: 14.02.2021 04:13:50||Name: Jeanni|
|I purchased a portal for my sister she lives in an area that has shared wifi how can she connect it says her wifi is not secure? Please help so I can see her face :)|
|Subject: Photos on portal plus|
|Date: 04.02.2021 21:03:00||Name: Pam|
|When portal is asleep, I have it displaying photos from my photos on my Apple 7plus but, it keeps displaying the same round of about 10 photos. How can I set it to shuffle out of all the photos?|
|Subject: Turn on mic and video|
|Date: 03.02.2021 14:43:50||Name: debi Tuttle|
|I can't get my portal to respond. I do not have the mute icon showing. How can I get a portal manual? Thank you, |
|Subject: Portal Connection|
|Date: 01.02.2021 20:44:12||Name: David |
|Hi, portal rings at my end when I'm calling somebody but they do not get any notification that I'm calling them. |
|Subject: Operating manual|
|Date: 30.01.2021 16:47:22||Name: Chris Badgio|
|How can I obtain a user manual for Portal model number B81AA1WUS I went to portal.facebook.com/user guide and cannot find how do get the guide to download|
|Subject: Camera and microphone|
|Date: 28.01.2021 16:07:30||Name: Linda Adams|
|Mine is 1st. The red button won’t turn off so the camera & Mic will not unmute. This model has only and on-off button and volume buttons.|
I unplugged and replugged the device. How do I get the camera & mic back on?
|Subject: Confirm login to send |
|Date: 25.01.2021 17:44:46||Name: Simon |
|I HAVE JUST TRIED TO VIDEO SOMEONE ON MY PORTAL AND THEY DIDNT ANSWER. IT SAYS I COULD LEAVE A VIDEO MESSAGE SO I I DID THAT. IT THEN SENT ME A CODE WHICH IT SAYS I HAD TO ENTER INTO MY MOBILE TO CONFIRM|
HOW AND WHERE DO I DO THIS PLEASE.
|Subject: Face doesn't fully open when talking to someone.|
|Date: 18.01.2021 05:02:00||Name: Sally A. Griffin|
|The face of the portalmini doesn't fully open when talking to someone.It does open when old pictures come up or when idle. Very frustating! Can you help? I don't have a manual. I am connected to facebook.|
|Subject: portal manual|
|Date: 08.01.2021 01:14:09||Name: Connie J. Hime|
|Says it was uploaded, but I don't know where it is at, I am having trouble trying to video chat with friends on FB, keeps says I need to turn on microphone and camera, the portal camera is on as well as microphone, but not on FB, where is the darn thing so I can turn it on. Thanks so much. CH|
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
Tucano tasto folio case. For iPad 10.2 and iPad air 10.5
Brother LC3011 BK/C/M/Y...
Browning Spec Ops FHD Trail Camera BTC 8FHD...
Sylvania smart Android tablet/portable DVD player 2-in-1 combo 10.1"...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
JBL TUNE 600BTNC Wireless On-Ear Headphones
I'm using my JBl tune600 btns on my android tv threw Bluetooth and I am getting a buzzing sound when the tv is processing internally I have tried to turn of all device including wifi router remove external hd stop all background apps but it still makes the noise it only stops whe...
WiFi not connected
Name: Bonnie Donaldson
HP ENVY Photo 6255 All-in-One Inkjet
Have green cord plugged into phone wall jack. Other end in green receptacle on modem dsl 1&2 do not light up. ...
Name: Bonnie Donaldson
HP ENVY Photo 6255 All-in-One Inkjet
The modem has the green cord plugged in to the green receptical
, but the lights for dsl 1 & 2 are not on. The cord is plugged into the phone line on house wall...
Name: Jonquil Vincent
HP DeskJet 3755 All-in-One Inkjet Printer
Can you scan multiple documents at one time? I've tried twice, and it just pulls them all through together, only printing the top one....
loose eye piece
Name: tony white
Tasco 10x25 Essentials Compact Binocular
The Eye Piece of my 10 x25 model 168RB is loose and I can see how to tighten it ?...