User Manual for FUJIFILM X-T2 Mirrorless Digital Camera Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the FUJIFILM X-T2 Mirrorless Digital Camera
- Product category: Uncategorized FUJIFILM
- Brand: FUJIFILM
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for FUJIFILM Uncategorized
User manual for the FUJIFILM X-T2 Mirrorless Digital Camera contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any FUJIFILM product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official FUJIFILM user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a FUJIFILM product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Offering a more conventional form factor and packing in UHD 4K video recording, FUJIFILM's X-T2 Mirrorless Digital Camera certainly aims to fill the needs of many working professionals. Equipped with a 24.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS III image sensor and the X-Processor Pro Engine, users will be able to capture finely detailed imagery quickly and with low noise at sensitivities up to ISO 51200. The powerful combination permits rapid image capture at up to 8 fps with full AF tracking or at up to 14 fps using the silent electronic shutter. In terms of AF, the X-T2 uses an Intelligent Hybrid system with 325 points that ensure accurate, fast tracking of subjects in all modes.
For video, the X-T2 offers internal UHD 4K video as well as an 8-bit 4:2:2 HDMI output. The internal recording offers 100 Mbps bitrate for capturing fine details with ease. Along with this an F-Log Gamma setting will be available for capturing a flat picture best used in serious grading applications. Fuji's array of Film Simulations and Grain Effects can also be used here, for both photo and video shoots.
Improved handling is a key upgrade in the X-T2, incorporating a larger grip, locking dials, raised buttons, and more to make operation smoother. The weather-sealed body also sports a 0.5" 0.77x 2.36m-dot OLED EVF with a larger eyecup for comfortable composition and a base refresh rate of 60 fps, which can be boosted to 100 fps. There is also a 3.0" 1.04m-dot three-way tilting LCD screen for alternative viewing options. This screen has a unique tilt that permits shooting at odd angles, including in the portrait orientation. Additionally, it has a focus lever joystick that allows for rapidly adjusting and changing the selected AF point or area.
- Graphite Silver Edition
- The special Graphite Silver Edition of the X-T2 features a uniquely durable and aesthetic triple layer coating finish that serves to both protect it and give it visual appeal. Succeeding an initial antioxidant treatment to the magnesium alloy body, a matte black primer coat is first applied. This helps to develop a shadow-like appearance that also accentuates the highlights developed by subsequent coats. The second step in the finishing process involves rotating the body at high speeds while thin strips of paint particles are layered using computer-controlled Thin-Film Multilayer Coating Technology, which produces the smooth graphite silver-colored look. Finally, a clear coat is applied for added durability and shininess based on the ambient lighting conditions.
Beyond the unique coating and appearance of the camera, this special edition X-T2 also includes a matching graphite silver EF-X8 shoe-mounted flash, a leather camera strap, and an aluminum hot shoe cover.
- 24.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS III Sensor
- Utilizing FUJIFILM's unique, randomized pixel array, the 24.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS III sensor affords a high degree of image quality and sharpness due to the omission of an optical low-pass filter. Versus conventional pixel patterns, the X-Trans design more closely mimics the organic nature of film in order to produce nuanced colors and smooth tonal transitions, while also reducing moiré and aliasing.
When paired with the X-Processor Pro, the sensor is also capable of producing clean image quality with reduced noise values, along with a native sensitivity range up to ISO 12800 that can be expanded to ISO 51200.
- X-Processor Pro
- Aside from benefitting the low-light performance, the X-Processor Pro also contributes to fast performance throughout the camera system, including a start-up time of 0.3 seconds, shutter lag time of 0.05 seconds, shooting interval time of 0.19 seconds, and AF speeds of up to 0.08 seconds. Coupled with the on-sensor phase-detection AF, up to 8 fps continuous shooting is also possible with full-time motion predictive AF for tracking fast-moving subjects while shooting. The ability to record compressed raw files also helps to expedite file transferring for longer continuous burst shooting, and both a fast top focal plane shutter speed of 1/8000 sec and a flash sync speed of 1/250 sec further contribute to shooting versatility.
- UHD 4K Video Recording and F-Log Gamma
- Beyond stills shooting, the X-T2 is the first FUJIFILM mirrorless camera to offer UHD 4K video recording options. It records this ultra high resolution 3840 x 2160 footage at an excellent 100 Mbps bitrate and with a minor 1.17x crop of the sensor. It also uses a 5120 x 2880 sample of the sensor that is 1.8x more resolution than the UHD 4K frame that is created, ensuring maximum resolution and detail is provided. Footage can be recorded internally for up to about 10 minutes, though with the addition of the optional Vertical Power Booster Grip users will be able to record for up to 30 minutes with ease. Also, the camera features a 3.5mm microphone jack for more advanced audio solutions. Users looking for a headphone jack will find one on the optional Vertical Power Booster Grip.
Full HD recording also benefits from the X-T2's video prowess, taking a 3000 x 1687 input to create finely detailed 1920 x 1080 footage at 100 Mbps. A variety of frame rates are available, including 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, 24p, and True 24.00 for Full HD recording and 30p, 25p, 24p, and True 24.00 for UHD 4K.
Along with the vastly enhanced recording capabilities, the X-T2 offers an F-Log Gamma setting that provides a flat picture for use in advanced color grading software during editing. This should maximize the potential dynamic range in difficult scenes. Image adjustments can be made as well to highlight tone, shadow tone, color, and sharpness. Additionally, HDMI output is supported with an 8-bit 4:2:2 signal and users will be able to use Film Simulation effects to capture unique video.
- OLED Electronic Viewfinder and 3-Way Tilting LCD Screen
- There are two distinct ways to monitor and compose images on the X-T2, an electronic viewfinder and a rear LCD screen, depending on your particular needs. The 0.5" EVF offers a high 0.77x magnification along with a 2.36m-dot resolution that ensures crisp imagery. Along with these features, the EVF uses an OLED display that provides deep blacks and rich, vivid colors. To ensure a clear view, the EVF offers a base refresh rate of 60 fps which can then be boosted to 100 fps for moments of intense action.
The rear 3.0" LCD screen received its own upgrades, especially with the introduction of a three-way tilt mechanism. This allows photographers and videographers to work in a variety of odd angles, including portrait orientation shooting. The screen features a high 1.04m-dot resolution for crystal clear viewing.
- Intelligent Hybrid 325-Point Autofocus System
- Blending both phase- and contrast-detection focusing methods, the X-T2 is capable of acquiring focus both quickly and accurately. The entire system is comprised of 325 points, of which there are numerous phase-detection points for faster performance that is beneficial to photographing moving subjects. Approximately 50% of the width and 75% of the height of the imaging area is covered by phase-detection points, too, to offer greater compositional freedom without sacrificing fast autofocus performance. The majority of the frame is then also covered by an apt contrast-detection focusing system that has been quickened by the camera's refined processing power for more versatile control. For refined manual focusing control, Focus Peaking is available to highlight lines of contrast in the scene to more objectively determine sharp focus.
Continuous AF modes have been seriously upgraded, as the X-T2 now offers customization of a variety of settings in order to dial in the performance for your specific subject matter. This includes changing the sensitivity, speed, and more to ensure that just what you want to capture is in focus.
- Body and Interface Design
- Supporting its use in harsh climates, the durable weather-resistant body design is constructed from magnesium alloy and sealed to protect against dust, moisture, and cold temperatures down to 14°F.
- Dual SD card slots allow for a more flexible and reliable means of storing imagery, and both card slots are compatible with UHS-II standards for fast transfer speeds.
- The top plate incorporates a series of locking dials and levers for fast, intuitive adjustment over exposure settings, including a shutter speed dial that offers a mechanical shutter speed range from 1 to 1/8000 sec, as well as bulb and time settings. An ISO dial is also incorporated into the shutter speed dial, for confirming the sensitivity setting without having to turn the camera on. The exposure compensation dial lets you choose +/- 3 EV in 1/3 steps, and a command dial position expands the range to +/- 5 EV for further control.
- Front and rear command dials integrate a push function for easier use and settings selection and six different function buttons can be assigned to control a range of settings.
- A dedicated Focus Lever provides faster, more intuitive control over selecting specific focus points while shooting.
- A larger grip and larger eyecup are available for a more comfortable feeling
- Four-way buttons on the back of the camera have been raised for a more tactile feel.
- Film Simulation and Grain Effect Modes
- Taking advantage of FUJIFILM's vast history in traditional film-based photography, the X-T2 integrates several Film Simulation modes to mimic the look and feel of some of FUJIFILM's classic film types. For monochrome shooting, the Acros mode offers smooth tones, deep blacks, and fine detail reMiniscent of the Neopan 100 Acros film type. A refined Classic Chrome mode is designed to deliver muted tones and a deep color reproduction, similar to that of a dated slide film. Pulling from their more contemporary line of transparency films, Provia offers natural-looking tones for everyday shooting, Velvia produces a more dramatic and rich tonality with deeper color saturation, and Astia gives less contrast for a softer depiction of skin tones. Mimicking their negative films, Pro Neg. Std. gives smooth image tones that are suitable for accurate color renditions, while Pro Neg. Hi produces a more dramatic feel with the ability to draw color out of a variety of lighting conditions.
In addition to simulating specific film types, a Grain Effect mode is also available to replicate the look of old film photos with an organic textured appearance, which is especially noticeable when printing.
Table of Contents
- Other Camera Features
- An electronic shutter function permits using shutter speeds up to 1/32,000 sec for working with wide aperture settings in bright lighting conditions.
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables wireless transferring of imagery to linked mobile devices as well as remote control over camera settings and the shutter via the free FUJIFILM Camera Remote app. Additionally, this connectivity enables the use of the optional INSTAX SHARE Smartphone Printer for wireless instant printing via the INSTAX Share app.
- An interval timer permits recording time-lapse sequences and can be configured to record up to 999 frames in time spans ranging from one second to 24 hours.
- Multiple exposure mode gives you the ability to overlay imagery in-camera. When working in this mode, subsequent exposures can be paired and the final appearance can be previewed on the LCD or in the EVF before making the final exposure.
- Additional Advanced Filters can also be used to creatively enhance the look of imagery in-camera, and include Toy Camera, Miniature, Pop Color, High Key, Low Key, Dynamic Tone, Soft Focus, and Partial Color (Red/Orange/Yellow/Green/Blue/Purple).
In the Box FUJIFILM X-T2 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only, Graphite Silver Edition)
- Optional Vertical Power Booster Grip
- While most of the X-T2's signature features are built directly into the body, a couple other capabilities can be unlocked with the addition of the optional Vertical Power Booster Grip. This enables faster shooting speeds of 11 fps with autofocus as well as longer video recording times of up to 30 minutes. Additionally, the grip features a 3.5mm headphone jack for audio monitoring.
- NP-W126S Li-Ion Battery Pack ucruqtxbxuwaxuft
- BC-W126 Battery Charger
- EF-X8 Flash (Graphite Silver Edition)
- Body Cap for FUJIFILM X-Mount Cameras
- X-T2 Cover Kit
- Leather Strap
- Strap Clip
- Clip Attaching Tool
- Aluminum Hot Shoe Cover
- Vertical Power Booster Grip Connector Cover
- Sync Terminal Cover
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the FUJIFILM X-T2 Mirrorless Digital Camera in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
| Lens Mount
| FUJIFILM X
| Camera Format
| APS-C (1.5x Crop Factor)
| 24.3 Megapixel
| Maximum Resolution
| 6000 x 4000
| Aspect Ratio
| 1:1, 3:2, 16:9
| Sensor Type
| Sensor Size
| 23.6 x 15.6 mm
| Image File Format
| JPEG, RAW
| Bit Depth
| Image Stabilization
| ISO Sensitivity
| Auto, 200 to 12800 (Extended: 100 to 51200)
| Shutter Speed
| Mechanical Shutter
1/8000 to 30 Seconds
1/32000 to 30 Seconds
| Metering Method
| Average, Center-Weighted Average, Multi-Zone, Spot
| Exposure Modes
| Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority
| Exposure Compensation
| -5 to +5 EV (1/3 EV Steps)
| White Balance
| Automatic Scene Recognition, Color Temperature, Custom, Fine, Fluorescent (Cool White), Fluorescent (Daylight), Fluorescent (Warm White), Incandescent, Shade, Underwater
| Continuous Shooting
| Up to 14 fps for up to 42 Exposures (JPEG Format)
Up to 14 fps for up to 28 Exposures (Raw Format)
Up to 8 fps for up to 83 Exposures (JPEG Format)
Up to 8 fps for up to 33 Exposures (Raw Format)
Up to 5 fps for Unlimited Exposures
Up to 5 fps for up to 39 Exposures (Raw Format)
| Interval Recording
| Self Timer
| 2/10-Second Delay
| Recording Modes
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160)23.976p/24p/25p/29.97p [100 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080)23.976p/24p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p [100 Mb/s]
HD (1280 x 720)24p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p [50 Mb/s]
| External Recording Modes
| UHD 4K (3840 x 2160)
Full HD (1920 x 1080)
HD (1280 x 720)
| Recording Limit
| Up to 29 Minutes, 59 Seconds
| Video Encoding
| Audio Recording
| Built-In Microphone (Stereo)
External Microphone Input
| Audio File Format
| Linear PCM
| Focus Type
| Auto and Manual Focus
| Focus Mode
| Continuous-Servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S)
| Autofocus Points
| Phase Detection: 325
| Viewfinder Type
| Viewfinder Size
| Viewfinder Resolution
| 2,360,000 Dot
| Viewfinder Eye Point
| 23 mm
| Viewfinder Coverage
| Viewfinder Magnification
| Approx. 0.77x
| Diopter Adjustment
| -4 to +2 m
| Monitor Size
| Monitor Resolution
| 1,040,000 Dot
| Monitor Type
| Tilting LCD
| Built-in Flash
| Flash Modes
| Auto, Commander, Manual, Off, Slow Sync
| Maximum Sync Speed
| 1/250 Second
| Flash Compensation
| -5 to +5 EV (1/3 EV Steps)
| Dedicated Flash System
| External Flash Connection
| Hot Shoe, PC Terminal
| Memory Card Slot
| 2 x SD/SDHC/SDXC
| 3.5mm Microphone, 2.5mm Sub-Mini, HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0 Micro-B, USB 3.0
| Operating Temperature
| 14 to 104°F / -10 to 40°C
| Operating Humidity
| 10 to 80%
| 1 x NP-W126S Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
| Dimensions (W x H x D)
| 5.2 x 3.6 x 1.9" / 132.5 x 91.8 x 49.2 mm
| 1.11 lb / 507 g (Body with Battery and Memory)
Rating96% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 50 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
22 rimfire BDC illuminated. manual...
I'm looking for a manual or instruction sheet for a Cosmo AM/FM Clock Radio, model CR 2509. Thank you for your help....
Lagrima 88 key electric piano...
Konus SightPro TR Red/Green Dot w4 Reticle Patterns Tactical Turrets 7375...
Latest contributions to the discussion:
Yongnuo YN-216 LED On-Camera Light
I need assistance on how to fix my yn 216 light, when I got it, all the 3 ways of powering it are working but now am unable to power it in the 2 ways of using battery. I mean it doesn’t work without electricity again. Kindly assist me on what to do. Thanks...
Name: robert anzellotti
Underwater Audio SYRYN Waterproof MP3 Player
can't download music from my computer
which runs on microsoft....
Name: Robert Emmett Falvey
Yamaha PKBX2 Double X-Style Adjustable Keyboard
PARTS LIST HAVE NO SCREWS Download an official Yamaha user manual PXBX2 STAND FOR KEYBOARD...
Facebook Portal Plus Smart Video Calling 15.6
Name: Kevin Podger
I haven't used my portal in awhile. It keeps asking me to reconnect Facebook. Once I hit Connect Facebook, it says No network connection. Then I try reset to factory settings and it takes me right back to the screen tag hat asks me to reconnect Facebook and I can not find help an...
Name: Richard Endres
Dell 11.6" 16GB Chromebook 11 3180