User Manual for Grace Design ALiX Single-Channel Acoustic-Instrument Preamp, EQ, DI & Boost Pedal Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Grace Design ALiX Single-Channel Acoustic-Instrument Preamp,
- Product category: Microphone Preamps Grace Design
- Brand: Grace Design
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Grace Design Microphone Preamps
User manual for the Grace Design ALiX Single-Channel Acoustic-Instrument Preamp, contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Grace Design product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Grace Design user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Grace Design product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description The silver ALiX from Grace is a single-channel preamp, EQ, DI, and boost pedal designed to bring studio-quality sound to the stage for acoustic string instruments with pickups, such as guitar, bass, banjo, and more. Housed in a lightweight and roadworthy chassis with clearly marked controls for visibility, even in dark environments, it is portable enough to throw in your bag or strap to your pedalboard. The unit features a power supply and grounding circuit designed for a quiet signal path and professional-grade headroom & line-driving ability. The instrument input is equipped with a three-position impedance switch to match the requirements of specific pickup systems. Phantom power (12V) is available in line-input mode to power electret and lavalier mics. The EQ section allows for simple and intuitive tone shaping. The high-pass filter cuts 12 dB per octave from 20 Hz to 1 kHz, and can also be set as a notch filter for eliminating problem feedback or rumble areas. High- and low-frequency shelving let you add bite to your instrument or push the bass. The Boost switch activates up to 10 dB of variable gain to provide a clean and distortion-free level increase to every output. The dedicated, level-controlled amplifier output can be used to drive a stage amp or personal monitor, while the isolated DI output (with custom-wound transformer) delivers a clear signal with natural bass response and low noise. Other features include a Mute/Tune foot switch for muting all outputs except the dedicated tuner out, a 9 VDC pedal-power-output jack so you can power your tuner and effects right from the unit, and a set of DIP switches to let you customize EQ & activate phantom power. The ALiX is designed and built in the USA.
- Musical and detailed acoustic-instrument preamplification brings studio-quality sound to the stage
- Three input-impedance settings to accommodate a wide range of pickup types – contact mics, piezo transducers, magnetic pickups, active electronics
- Simple and clearly marked controls are easy to read and tweak on a dark stage
- High-pass filter cuts 12 dB/octave from 20 Hz to 1 kHz and can be set as a notch filter for chasing down problem feedback or rumble areas
- Parametric midrange EQ covers from 70 Hz all the way to 8 kHz, and fixed low & high controls are voiced for musical shading of bass and treble
- High-frequency & low-frequency shelving cut and boost
- Boost footswitch for variable-level boost up to 10 dB (global)
- 12V phantom power is available in line-input mode for electret and lavalier mics
- Ground-isolated DI output with low distortion and fully shielded transformer
- Power supply and grounding designed for a quiet signal path and professional-level headroom & line-driving ability
- Mute / tune footswitch mutes all outputs except dedicated tuner output and headphone output
- Dedicated level-controlled amplifier output can be used to drive a stage amp or personal monitor
- 9 VDC/500 mA pedal-power-output jack so you can power your tuner and effects from the ALiX power supply
- Side-panel DIP switches for HPF/notch select, midrange EQ frequency-range select, 12V microphone power on/off
- Global TRS effects-insert jack for inserting outboard processors into the signal chain
- Universal 100-240 VAC power supply with standard IEC cable
- 1/4" connectors with heavy-duty metal bushings
- Light & rugged roadworthy floor-unit chassis
UPC: 823821030106 In the Box Grace Design ALiX Single-Channel Acoustic-Instrument Preamp, EQ, DI & Boost Pedal (Silver) IEC Power Cable Limited 5-Year Warranty (Transferable) Table of Contents
- Designed and built in the USA
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Grace Design ALiX Single-Channel Acoustic-Instrument Preamp, EQ, DI & Boost Pedal in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Grace Design ALIX Specs
| Gain Range || DI Output, Level: -2 to 36 dB (line) |
Amp Output: 0 to 39 dB
Boost: 0 to 10 dB
| THD+N || (22 Hz to 22 kHz BW) |
1 kHz @ 0 dB Gain, +10 dBu Out: < 0.0070%
1 kHz @ 20 dB Gain, +10 dBu Out: < 0.0045%
1 kHz @ 36 dB Gain, +10 dBu Out: < 0.0080%
| Intermodulation Distortion || (SMPTE/DIN 4:1, 7 kHz / 50 Hz) |
@ 40 dB Gain, +10 dBu Out: < 0.05%
| Frequency Response || Instrument Input @ 20 dB Gain, -3 dB: 20 Hz to 65 kHz |
| I/O Impedance || Instrument Input: High / 10 MOhms, med /1 MOhms, low /10 kOhms |
Insert Input: 10 kOhms
Insert Output, No Pad: 750 Ohms
Insert Output, -6 dB Pad: 375 Ohms
Insert Output, -16 dB Pad: 122 Ohms
DI Output: 150 Ohms
Amp Output: 150 Ohms
Tuner Output: 150 Ohms
| Signal / Peak LED Meter || Green Threshold: -16 dBu Red Threshold: +8 dBu |
| Maximum Input Level || Instrument Input: +20 dBu |
Insert Return (0 dB Boost): +20 dBu
| Maximum Output Level || DI Output (Line): +19 dBu |
DI Output (Mic): -7 dBu
Amp, Tuner, Insert Outputs: +21 dBu
Insert Output, No Pad: +21 dBu
Insert Output, -6dB Pad: +15 dBu
Insert Output, -16dB Pad: +5 dBu
| Filters || High-Pass Filter: 20 Hz to 1 kHz @ -12 dB/oct |
Notch Filter: 20 Hz to 1 kHz, > -35 dB, Q > 1.0
| Equalizer || Gain: +/-12 dB |
Low Frequency: 125 Hz shelving (Low Range) / 250 Hz shelving (High Range)
Mid Frequency: 70 to 880 Hz (Low Range) / 670 Hz to 8 kHz (High Range)
Mid Frequency Q: 0.5-5
High Frequency: 2 kHz shelving
| Dynamic Range || (22 Hz to 22 kHz BW) |
Minimum Gain, DI Out: 118 dB
| Output Noise || (22 Hz to 22 kHz BW) |
Minimum Gain, DI Output: -99 dBu
Minimum Gain, Amp Out: -96 dBu
Maximum Gain, DI Out: -77 dBu
Maximum Gain, Amo Out: -74 dBu
| Power Consumption || 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 10 W max |
| Dimensions (H x W x D) || 3.0 x 6.2 x 5.5" (7.6 x 15.7 x 14.0 cm) |
| Weight || 2.2 lb (1 kg) |
| Package Weight || 3.85 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 12.3 x 10.3 x 5.7" |
Rating100% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 94 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
You have Manual for
Lumicon Easy Giant Guider Nr. 2111
Bower 6 -In-1 Multipod Selfie Tripod with Smartphone, GoPro Mount, and Rechargeable Wireless Remote, Black...
Nikon ML-L3 release...
Otterbox iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro Defender Series Case...
RCA MODEL NUMBER P46924