User Manual for HP 4TB 7200 rpm SAS-3 3.5" Internal SC Midline 512e Hard Drive Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the HP 4TB 7200 rpm SAS-3 3.5"
- Product category: NAS Expansion Drives HP
- Brand: HP
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for HP NAS Expansion Drives
User manual for the HP 4TB 7200 rpm SAS-3 3.5" contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any HP product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official HP user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a HP product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description The 4TB 7200 rpm SAS-2 3.5" Internal SC Midline 512e Hard Drive from HP is designed for servers and storage solutions where high capacities are required, along with moderately-priced reliability and performance for non-mission critical, low workload applications, such as disk backup, archival, and reference applications. Additionally, its Advanced Format 512e means it is intended for servers and storage solutions that are 4K aligned. This drive has a capacity of 4TB, a rotational speed of 7200 rpm, a SAS-3 12 Gb/s interface, and a 3.5" form factor. It comes installed in a Hot Plug SmartDrive carrier, which helps to enable a more balanced system architecture for unified storage, improved performance, and greater reliability. HP SmartDrive is also able to handle larger amounts of data, reduce overall initialization times, and protect against multi-day outages and data loss.
HP SmartDrive is compatible with Gen8 and Gen9 HPE ProLiant Servers, and also maintains backward compatibility with existing standard hot plug carriers to provide support for HPE ProLiant G7 and earlier servers and storage enclosures. This SAS drive is protected by a limited 1-year warranty, regardless of the warranty period for the system in which it is installed.
- HPE Server SAS Hard Drives deliver moderately-priced reliability and performance for non-mission critical, low workload applications, such as disk backup, archival, and reference applications.
- The Advanced Format 512e is designed for 4KiB aligned operating systems and applications. They also support legacy 512K native applications.
- Robust SAS interface for increased performance.
- HPE Smart Carrier for HPE ProLiant Servers (both Gen8 and Gen9 are supported). They maintain backward compatibility with existing standard hot-plug carriers to provide support for HPE ProLiant G7 and earlier servers and server storage enclosures.
- Pre-Failure Alert
- When used in conjunction with a SMART Array Controller and Systems Insight Manager, the SMART-capable firmware in HPE hard drives enables extensive fault prediction capabilities. If potential problems develop in one of the drives, the Smart Array Controller, Systems Insight Manager, and/or SMART hard disk drive lets you know in advance so you can have the drive replaced, before it fails, under warranty.
In the Box HP 4TB 7200 rpm SAS-3 3.5" Internal SC Midline 512e Hard Drive Limited 1-Year Warranty Table of Contents
- To support HPE hard drives exceeding 2.2TB, HPE Smart Array Firmware version 5.0 or later is required for the following controllers:
- HPE Smart Array P212 Controller
- HPE Smart Array P410 Controller
- HPE Smart Array P411 Controller
- HPE Smart Array P711m Controller
- HPE Smart Array P812 Controller
To use hard drives exceeding 2.2TB, you must create a boot volume using offline ACU version 8.75 or later. HPE Smart Array controllers do not support boot volumes exceeding 2.2TB.
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the HP 4TB 7200 rpm SAS-3 3.5" Internal SC Midline 512e Hard Drive in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
HP 765257-B21 Specs
| Capacity || 4 TB (4,000,787 MB) |
| Rotational Speed || 7200 rpm |
| Interface || SAS-3 |
| Transfer Rate Synchronous (Maximum) || 12 Gb/s |
| Native Command Queuing || Supported |
| Seek Time (typical reads, including settling) || Single Track: 0.7 ms |
Average: 8.5 ms
Full-Stroke: 15.7 ms
| Physical Configuration || Bytes per Sector: 512 |
Logical Blocks: 7,814,037,168
| Operating Temperature || 50 to 95°F / 10 to 35°C |
| Dimensions || 1.06 x 4.16 x 6.69" / 26.92 x 105.66 x 169.93 mm |
| Weight || Not specified by manufacturer |
| Package Weight || 2.45 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 10.8 x 8.4 x 5.6" |
Rating100% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 14 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
Vivitar Fly View Drone with the camera.
Item # DRC-188....
Bushnell Instant Focus 7x35 420ft@1000 yd Field 8 (China G-AG?)...
Extreme (portable) 500GB SSD...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
LG SK8000 55" Class HDR UHD
does it matter which HDMI port is used for best picture quality ? what are the recommend settings for best pic?...
Name: Ove Lange
iolo technologies System Mechanic Pro Ultimate
Hi, I accidentally blocked a program from a System Mechanics pop up window. I have tried to find a way to unblock it, but without success.
Can you help ?
lenovo active 1 does not pair with my ideapad 5
Lenovo Active Pen
lenovo active 1 does not pair with my ideapad 5 ...
what version of pcie x16 does my inspiron 3668 have
Name: James Robert Rhodes
Dell Inspiron 3668 Desktop Computer
been trying to find what version PCIe my computer has no help from dell product page. been thinking about adding a graphics card and need to know this....
link to a user manual/instructions
LogicKeyboard Large Print ALBA Mac Pro
Please provide me with a link to user manual/ instructions for
Largeprint White-on-Black - PC ASTRA 2 Backlit Keyboard - US EnglishLKB-LPWB-A2PC-US
An early reply will be appreciated