User Manual for HP 525 Wireless Dual-Band 802.11ac Access Point Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the HP 525 Wireless Dual-Band 802.11ac Access
- Product category: Wireless Access Points HP
- Brand: HP
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for HP Wireless Access Points
User manual for the HP 525 Wireless Dual-Band 802.11ac Access contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any HP product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official HP user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a HP product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Supporting two spatial streams, the 525 Wireless Dual-Band 802.11ac Access Point from HP utilizes MIMO (multiple input, multiple output) technology to offer enhanced data transfer rates of up to 866 Mbps on the 802.11ac network standard and up to 300 Mbps on the 802.11n network standard. In addition to built-in MIMO technology, this wireless access point operates on both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies allowing more bandwidth intensive tasks to be allocated to the less congested 5 GHz frequency. On the back of the HP 525 AP you will find a single Gigabit Ethernet 802.3af compliant port and a standard Gigabit Ethernet port. With a maximum power rating of 129 W this PoE port is capable of powering a variety of network devices such as IP cameras, VoIP equipment, and much more. Once installed, network administrators can take advantage of intuitive QoS (Quality of Service) functionality to effectively allocate bandwidth within the network to ensure tasks such as large file transfers, streaming multimedia content, and more have the network resources to function properly.
- Wi-Fi Clear Connect
- Provides a system-wide approach to improving WLAN reliability by proactively determining and adjusting to changing RF conditions; helps optimize WLAN performance by detecting interference from Wi-Fi and non-Wi-Fi sources using spectrum analysis capabilities built into the access points, identifies rogue activity, and takes decisions at a system-wide level
- Advanced Radio Resource Management
- • Automatic radio power adjustments
Includes real-time power adjustments based on changing environmental conditions and signal coverage adjustment
• Automatic radio channel
Provides intelligent channel switching and real-time interference detection
• Intelligent client load balancing
Determines number of clients across neighboring APs and adjusts client allocation to balance the load
• Airtime fairness
Provides equal RF transmission time for wireless clients Spectrum analysis
• Power/frequency spectrum analysis
Measures noise from IEEE 802.11 remote sources
• Signal detection/classification
Identifiessource of RF interference, for example, Bluetooth®, cordless phones, and microwave ovens
• Evaluation of channel quality
Helps detect severe channel degradation and improves the reporting of poor RF performance
- Integrated Wireless IDS/IPS
- Detects, locates, and mitigates unknown and rogue devices
- Access Point Management via a Wireless Controller
- Provides secure Web browser (SSL and VPN), command-line interface, SNMP v2c, SNMP v3, MIB-II with traps, and RADIUS Authentication Client MIB (RFC 2618); offers embedded HTML management tool with secure access (SSL and VPN); implements scheduled configuration and firmware upgrades from a central controller
- HPE Intelligent Management Center and Wireless Services Manager Software
- Provides central management for discovery, logging, status, and configuration management
- Records association, authentication, and DHCP events in client event log; packet capture tool for Ethernet and IEEE 802.11 interfaces (PCAP format); includes data rate matrix
Quality of Service
- Rate Limiting
- Supports per-wireless client ingress-enforced maximums and per-wireless client, per-queue enabled minimums
- Centralized Traffic
- Maintains Layer 2 and Layer 3 QoS settings when using centralized traffic or guest access
- IEEE 802.1p Prioritization
- • Delivers data to devices based on the priority and type of traffic Wireless
- L2/L3/L4 classification
Supports IEEE 802.1p VLAN priority, SpectraLink SVP, and DiffServ
- Multiple SSIDs per radio
Wi-Fi MultiMedia (WMM), IEEE 802.11e EDCF, and Service-Aware priority
- • IEEE 802.3 PoE
- Simplifies deployment and dramatically reduces installation costs by helping eliminate the time and cost involved in supplying local power at each access point location
- Both radios operate at full performance with 802.11af PoE
Adjusts automatically for straight-through or crossover cables on the Ethernet interface
- • Two spatial stream MIMO technology
Provides the latest in Wi-Fi technology, which allows for 866 Mbps in the 5 GHz frequency band and 300 Mbps in the 2.4 GHz band of signaling
• Band steering
Redirects 5 GHz-capable clients automatically to the less-congested 5 GHz spectrum
• HPE 525 embedded antennas
Provides excellent coverage through use of embedded high-gain antennas (4 dBi antenna at 2.4 GHz and 5 dBi antenna at 5 GHz); no need for the added cost of external antennas
• External antenna
- Optional external antenna for better antenna placement via RP-SMA connectors
• Anywhere, anytime wireless coverage
Dual-radio IEEE 802.11b/g/n and 802.11a/n/ac access point; per-radio software-selectable configuration of frequency bands; self-healing, self-optimizing local mesh that extends network availability; Wi-Fi Alliance certifications for interoperability with all IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac client devices
• Medical standards
Meets the European EN60601-1-2 standard for healthcare
• Multiple SSIDs
- Up to 16 SSIDs per radio, each with unique MAC address, configurable SSID broadcasts
- Individual security and QoS profiles
- Configurable DTIM and minimum data rate
- Each mapped to separate IEEE 802.1Q VLANs
- WMM and/or WMM-PS
- Security filter
• AP client access control functions
- Offers IEEE 802.1X authentication using EAP-SIM, EAP-FAST, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, and PEAP
- Delivers MAC address authentication using local or RADIUS access lists
- Provides RADIUS AAA using EAP-MD5, PAP, CHAP, and MS-CHAPv2
- Supports RADIUS Client (RFC 2865 and 2866) with location-aware support
- Provides Layer 2 wireless client isolation
- Integrated IDS Support
- - Automated AP and client classification
Reduces manual effort (administrator can override AP classification)
- Comprehensive detection capabilities
Detects a wide range of attacks
- Flexible event reporting
- Enables configuration of events that result in notifications Location tracking capabilities Helps identify the rogue device location
- Flexible deployment models
Supports time slicing or dedicating a radio to detect full-time
- See the controller data sheet for more detail IEEE 802.1X support
- Choice of IEEE 802.11i, WPA2, or WPA
- Locks out unauthorized wireless access by authenticating users prior to granting network access; robust Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) or Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP) encryption secures the data integrity of wireless traffic
- TKIP/WEP Encryption
- Is supported only on legacy IEEE 802.11a/b/g clients as it has been deprecated from the IEEE 802.11n and 802.11ac standards
UPC: 888182860755 In the Box HP 525 Wireless Dual-Band 802.11ac Access Point (8-Unit Eco-Pack) Wall/Ceiling Mounting Hardware Limited Lifetime Warranty Brochure PDF 1.3mbwuqsavyfbsuduuftuxty Table of Contents
- Local Wireless Bridge Client Traffic Filtering
- Prevents communication between wireless devices associated with the same access point
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the HP 525 Wireless Dual-Band 802.11ac Access Point in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
HP JG997A Specs
| Wireless Frequency Bands || 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz |
| Number of Antennas || 6 |
| WLAN Mode || 802.11ac |
| Antenna Gain || 4 to 5 dBi |
| Antenna Placement || External, Internal |
| Ports || 1 x 10/100/1000 Mb/s Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) PoE |
1 x 10/100/1000 Mb/s Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45)
1 x Ethernet (RJ45) (Console)
| RAM || 256 MB |
| Storage Capacity || 128 MB |
| Processor || 720 MHz |
| Supported IEEE Standards || 802.11i, 802.3af |
| Operating Temperature || 32 to 113°F / 0 to 45°C |
| Storage Temperature || -40 to 158°F / -40 to 70°C |
| Operating Humidity || 5 to 95% |
| Storage Humidity || 5 to 95% |
| Dimensions || 8.7 x 8.7 x 2.4" / 22 x 22 x 6 cm |
| Weight || 1.6 lb / 0.7 kg |
Rating50% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 00 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
RAW AUDIO BLUETOOTH SPEAKER MODEL RW 506 MANUAL...
Brother MFC-J995DW All-In-One Printer...
SSD and Hard Disk Drive Cloning Kit...
Polaroid 14.1 laptop computer...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
Connecting VRS8 to Mac Pro Tower what cable or connectors to use.
Slate Digital VRS8 8-Channel Interface with
Hi Please let me know the cable and connectors to use the Slate VRS8 with a new 202- Mac Proc Tower.
The Mac Pro has thunderbolt 3.
The VRS8 has Thunderbolt 2
What is needed to connect them?
Please provide links to purchase what is needed to connect and any related do...
Name: Nelson Englis
Carlsbro CSD130 - Compact Electronic Drum
i miss placed my manual...just wanna ask how to increase the volume of crash cymbal...
SSd Sandisk 480.
Name: Donald McAuley
SanDisk 480GB SSD Plus SATA III
Cannot start clone with Acronis True Image. Tools-Clone Disc....clone disc icon sez Western Digital drive required. Will not start Cloning process.....Help. ...
Tokina Macro 100 F2.8 D
Name: Norma Hayward
Tokina 100mm f 2.8 AT-X M100
I have a Nikon D800 (FX Mount). Does this lens work with this camera. I keep getting the fEE error when I try to use it. ...
Mouse Stopped Working
Name: John E
Verbatim Wireless Multimedia Keyboard and 6-Button
I had purchased the Bluetooth Keyboard / Mouse combination. After four months, the mouse stopped working. After installing fresh batteries, the mouse still doesn't work. Is there a way to reset the mouse?...