User Manual for HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Workstation Edition Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Workstation Edition
- Product category: PC Workstations HP
- Brand: HP
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for HP PC Workstations
User manual for the HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Workstation Edition contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any HP product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official HP user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a HP product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Delivering workstation-class performance within a desktop form factor, the EliteDesk 800 G4 Workstation Edition from HP is certified for professional software applications, including 2D/3D CAD design to VR content creation from Autodesk, SolidWorks, and more. The system is powered by a 3.2 GHz Intel Core i7-8700 Six-Core processor and 12MB of Intel Smart Cache, both of which will allow you to run multiple applications simultaneously and provide significant performance gains when running multi-threaded tasks. If more power is needed, the CPU can deliver extra performance by increasing its clock speed up to 4.6 GHz utilizing Intel's Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. The 16GB of 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM comes in a 2 x 8GB configuration and can be upgraded to a maximum of 64GB by using a 16GB module in each of the four 288-pin DIMM slots.
For long-term storage of your files, this system is equipped with a 256GB NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD with Triple-Level Cell (TLC) NAND flash memory. If you want to add external storage drives, optical drives, printers, memory card readers, or other peripherals, the EliteDesk 800 G4 features one 10 Gb/s USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C port (front), four 10 Gb/s USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A ports (2 front, 2 rear), two 5 Gb/s USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A ports (rear), and four 480 Mb/s USB 2.0 Type-A ports, one of which doubles as a fast charging port. For users who wish to add additional components to the drive bays, there are a total of two 3.5" drive bays, one 2.5" drive bay, and two M.2 2280/2230 combo slots that use the PCIe x4 bus.
The integrated Intel UHD Graphics 630 chipset delivers a sharp, clear picture, while allowing for multiple simultaneous displays to be used via its two dual-mode DisplayPort 1.2 outputs. Whether you are listening to music, watching a movie, or playing a game, the integrated Conexant CX20632 audio controller outputs high-definition audio and delivers higher fidelity than standard audio controllers. Network connectivity is achieved using the integrated Gigabit Ethernet port, or install a Wi-Fi card in the empty M.2 2230 slot that uses the PCIe x1 bus. HP's Slim DVD Writer can be used to read from and write to optical media
HP's EliteDesk 800 G4 Workstation Edition includes a USB keyboard, a USB mouse, and a 6' power cord. The installed operating system is Windows 10 Pro (64-bit).
Photo is an authorized HP reseller with professional in-house technicians available for upgrades & installations on these workstations and laptops. Built with power and speed in mind, this workstation is designed to enhance audio and video post-production workflows and more. Each HP workstation or laptop features a range of top-tier processors and large RAM loadouts. The workstations are built with graphics flexibility in mind as well so that the end consumer can configure the graphics options to their needs, and each unit includes a 3/3/3 warranty - 3 years limited warranty for parts, 3 years limited warranty for labor, and 3 years of repairs performed at customer site for those parts not eligible for Customer Self Repair (CSR). For 24/7 customer service, please call 1-800-334-5144.
HP Z8 G4 Workstation Features
- PCIe Connectors
- The EliteDesk 800 G4 Workstation Edition has one PCIe 3.0 x16 slot wired as x16, one PCIe 3.0 x16 slot wired as x4, and two PCIe 3.0 x1 slots wired as x1.
- External Drive Bays
- The EliteDesk 800 G4 Workstation Edition has one external 5.25" half-height bay.
- HD Stereo Audio
- The EliteDesk 800 G4 uses the Conexant CX20632 HD stereo codec and all audio ports are 3.5mm and support stereo sound. There is one front headset connector that supports a CTIA style headset and is re-taskable as a line-in, line-out, microphone-in, or headphone-out port. There is also one front headphone port, a rear line-out port, and a rear line-in port which is re-taskable as a microphone input.
- 500W Power Supply
- The 500W internal power adapter is up to 92% efficient with active PFC.
- Software Certified
- Work with confidence knowing your desktop is certified for your most critical applications. HP has worked closely with leading software providers like Autodesk and SolidWorks to help ensure seamless and reliable performance at every stage of your workflow.
- Secure and Manageable
- Get powerful protection from evolving malware threats with self-healing, hardware-enforced security solutions like HP Sure Start Gen4, which protects against BIOS attacks. Keep your critical applications and processes running even if malware tries to shut them down with self-healing protection with HP Sure Run, and HP Sure Recover enables you to quickly and securely restore your system to the latest image using only a network connection. Plus, easily manage multiple devices with the HP Manageability Integration Kit Gen2.
Windows 10 Pro
- Start Menu
- After its hiatus in Windows 8, the Start Menu has returned. Utilizing a combination of the traditional menu system and Windows 8's Live Tiles, the improved Start Menu gives you more information at a glance, showing notification information alongside your applications and other pinned items.
- Microsoft's digital personal assistant, Cortana can answer your questions with information gleaned from both your device and the internet at large. You can type or even talk with her, if your system has a microphone. Using her Notebook, Cortana keeps track of your needs and wants, and she learns over time to improve her information gathering skills.
- Microsoft Edge
- After nearly 20 years, Microsoft has finally replaced its Internet Explorer web browser. With Microsoft Edge, users can write directly on web pages and share notes with friends and colleagues. It also improves the online reading experience by adding a distraction-free mode and read-it-later functionality. Edge also has built-in Cortana integration; you can have her help you find a restaurant, make a reservation, and pull up directions without leaving your browser.
- Windows Store
- For Windows 10, Microsoft has unified the Windows Store. Now, apps for PCs, tablets, and phones will all be accessible from one place. And with support for Universal Apps, one version of an app can work across all your compatible devices automatically.
- Windows Continuum
- Windows 10 was designed for a variety of screen sizes and input styles, and with its Continuum feature, it automatically adapts to fit your needs. A Windows 10 tablet on its own requires a touch-centric approach, but attaching a mouse and keyboard will shift everything to a more traditional interface. You can even attach an external monitor to your Windows 10 phone for a near-desktop experience. But it's not just the operating system; Windows Universal Apps take advantage of Continuum as well.
- Xbox on Windows 10
- Gaming is a big focus of Windows 10. Xbox integration allows for PC players to match up against Xbox One players on supported games, and if you have an Xbox One, you can even stream compatible titles to your PC. Native support for recording with the new Game DVR feature makes it easy to capture and share your gameplay. The new DirectX12 takes better advantage of multi-core processors, giving games a performance boost, even on older hardware. Windows 10 also features native support for virtual reality headsets, such as the Oculus Rift.
UPC: 192545873611 In the Box HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Workstation Edition USB Keyboard & Mouse Power Cord (6.0' / 1.8m) Limited 3-Year Warranty for Parts Limited 3-Year Warranty for Labor 3 Years of Repairs Performed at Customer Site for Those Parts Not Eligible for Customer Self Repair (CSR) For 24/7 Customer Service, Please Call 1-866-625-1175 Guides & Manuals dczfqvxqdbxdysqbcrufewdvsarfwasad Table of Contents
- Windows 10 Pro
- The Pro version of Windows 10 includes all of the features of Windows 10 Home plus many designed specifically for business users, including Hyper-V virtualization, BitLocker disk encryption, and remote desktop access. Devices will also be able to join domains and the Azure Active Directory, and they can even access a specialized version of the Windows Store featuring custom, company-specific applications.
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Workstation Edition in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Download User ManualThe user manual for the HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Workstation Edition can be downloaded in PDF format at the link stated below.
HP 800 G4 Specs
| Operating System || Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit) |
| Chipset || Intel Q370 |
| CPU || 3.2 GHz Intel Core i7-8700 6-Core |
| Maximum Boost Speed || 4.6 GHz |
| L3 Cache || 12 MB |
| Memory Type || 2666 MHz DDR4 |
| Total Installed Memory || 16 GB |
| Memory Configuration || 2 x 8 GB (User-Replaceable) |
| Maximum Memory Capacity || 64 GB |
| Memory Slot Type || 288-Pin DIMM |
| Available Memory Slots || 2 |
| Buffered Memory || No |
| ECC Memory || No |
| Graphics Type || Integrated |
| GPU || Intel UHD Graphics 630 |
| Total Drive Bays || 1 x 2.5" (Internal) |
2 x 3.5" (Internal)
| SSD Slots || 2 x M.2 |
| Solid State Storage || 1 x 256 GB M.2 PCIe |
| PCI Expansion || 1 x M.2 2230 (E-Key) |
1 x PCIe Gen 3 x16 (x16 Mechanical)
1 x PCIe Gen 3 x4 (x16 Mechanical)
2 x PCIe Gen 3 x1 (x1 Mechanical)
| Optical Drive || Tray-Load SuperMulti DVD Burner with Dual Layer Support |
| Ports || 2 x USB Type-A (USB 3.1 Gen 1) |
4 x USB Type-A (USB 2.0)
4 x USB Type-A (USB 3.1 Gen 2)
| USB Type-C Ports || 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 |
| Display || 2 x DisplayPort 1.2 |
| Audio || 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm Line Output |
1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm Line Input
1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm Headphone Output
1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm Headphone/Microphone Input/Output
| Media Card Slots || None |
| Ethernet || 1 x RJ45 (Gigabit) |
| Keyboard || Full-Size Keyboard with Number Pad |
| Pointing Device || USB Mouse |
| Power Supply || 500 W |
| Dimensions || 3.9 x 12.1 x 13.3" / 9.9 x 30.7 x 33.8 cm |
| Weight || 21.7 lb / 9.9 kg |
| Package Weight || 20.115 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 21.3 x 20.3 x 12.0" |
Rating70% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 38 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment: