User Manual for HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Inkjet Printer Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Inkjet
- Product category: Inkjet Printers HP
- Brand: HP
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for HP Inkjet Printers
User manual for the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Inkjet contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any HP product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official HP user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a HP product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Boost your office's productivity with the fast printing, scanning, copying, and faxing features of the OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Inkjet Printer from HP. This Instant Ink Ready printer boasts ISO print speeds of up to 18 ppm in black and 10 ppm in color, as well as a resolution of 600 x 1200 dpi for sharp documents and photos. A draft mode is available as well, boosting speeds to 30 ppm in black and 26 ppm in color. Also, users will be able to use automatic duplexing for printing and copying thanks to the implementation of a 35-sheet automatic document feeder, which can handle paper up to 8.5 x 14". In addition to an ADF, users will have access to an 8.5 x 11.7" flatbed for more delicate or odd-sized media.
General paper handling is provided by a 225-sheet input tray, which will work with most paper types. A 2.65" CGD touchscreen provides an intuitive method for viewing status and changing settings. Along with all of these basic features, the 6968 features built-in Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity for both wireless and wired networking options. Additionally, this printer will last a long time with its rated monthly duty cycle of 20,000 pages.
- HP Instant Ink Program
- This printer is eligible for HP's Instant Ink Program which, for a small monthly fee, allows users to automatically have their printer notify HP when it is running low on ink in order to have a fresh cartridge shipped to your door. This system guarantees that you will always have a cartridge ready to go and keeps you from needing to constantly monitor ink levels.
- Uses HP Thermal Inkjet technology with a set of four pigment-based inks.
- Print languages include HP PCL 3 GUI and HP PCL 3 Enhanced.
- Wireless printing support for HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint, Wi-Fi Direct, Mopria, and MOOBE.
- HP All-in-One Printer Remote mobile app for managing printing tasks and scanning from a mobile device.
- Smart software printing features includes N-up printing, grayscale printing, borderless printing up to 8.5 x 11", HP Real Life Technologies, booklet printing, and more.
- Scanning features an optical resolution of 1200 dpi and a hardware resolution of 1200 x 1200 dpi.
- Scan speeds of 8 ppm in black and white and 3.5 ppm in color at 200 dpi.
- Color depth of 24-bit and 256 grayscale levels.
- Scan to PC.
- Copy resolution of 600 x 600 dpi with ISO speeds of 13 cpm in black and 7 cpm in color using the flatbed.
- Users can make up to 99 copies in a single job.
- Resizing from 25-400% is available.
- Other copy features include settings for quality, lighter/darker, two-sided, ID copy, collation, margin shift, enhancement, crop, and more.
- Using a 33.6 kbps modem, users will have transmission speeds of about 4 seconds per page.
- Fax resolutions of up to 300 x 300 dpi in black and 200 x 200 dpi in color.
- Fax memory of 100 pages.
- Up to 99 speed dial numbers can be saved.
- Other fax features include auto fax reduction, auto-redialing, fax delayed sending for black only, distinctive ring detection, fax forward, a fax telephone mode, junk barrier when Call ID is set up, PC fax send and archive, and more.
User Manual PDF 3.3mb More from Manufacturer Table of Contents
UPC: 889894644152 In the Box HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Inkjet Printer
- A 2.65" CGD touchscreen provides an intuitive interface for viewing status and changing settings.
- ENERGY STAR qualified.
- This unit is equipped with a 60-sheet output tray.
- Works with envelopes in addition to standard paper.
- 902 Setup Black Ink Cartridge (~265 Pages)
- 902 Setup Cyan Ink Cartridge (~310 Pages)
- 902 Setup Magenta Ink Cartridge (~310 Pages)
- 902 Setup Yellow Ink Cartridge (~310 Pages)
- Phone Cord
- Power Cord
- Setup Poster
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Inkjet Printer in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
HP 6968 Specs
| Functions || Print |
| Printing Technology || Inkjet |
| Maximum Resolution || 600 x 1200 dpi |
| Print Speed || Black: 18 ppm |
Color: 10 ppm
| Ink Type || Pigment |
| Duplex Printing || Yes |
| Borderless Printing || Up to 8.5 x 11" / 21.6 x 27.9 cm |
| Ink Palette || CMYK |
| Ink Cartridge Configuration || 4 individual cartridges |
| Duty Cycle || Monthly: 20,000 pages |
Recommended Monthly Volume: 200-800 pages
| Printer Language || HP PCL 3 GUI |
HP PCL 3 Enhanced
| Type || Flatbed |
| Image Sensor || Contact Image Sensor (CIS) |
| Optical Resolution || 1200 dpi |
| Hardware Resolution || 1200 x 1200 dpi |
| Scan Speed || Black & White: 8 ppm |
Color: 3.5 ppm
| Color Depth || 24-bit |
| Grayscale Depth || 256 levels |
| Maximum Scan Size || Flatbed: 8.5 x 11.7" / 21.6 x 29.7 cm |
ADF: 8.5 x 14" / 21.6 x 35.6 cm
| Scan File Format || BMP |
| Duty Cycle || Recommended Monthly Volume: 50-150 scans |
| Copy Resolution || 600 x 600 dpi |
| Copy Speed || Black: 13 cpm |
Color: 7 cpm
| Reduction/Enlargement || 25-400% |
| Number of Copies || Up to 99 |
| Duplex Copying || Yes |
| Modem Speed || 33.6 kbps |
| Transmission Speed || 4 seconds per page |
| Fax Resolution || Black (Best): 300 x 300 dpi |
Color (Best): 200 x 200 dpi
Black (Standard): 203 x 98 dpi
Color (Standard): 200 x 200 dpi
| Memory || 100 pages |
| Paper Handling || Input tray 1 |
Automatic document feeder
| Paper Sizes || 3 x 5" to 8.5 x 14" / 7.6 x 12.7 cm to 21.6 x 35.6 cm |
| Paper Weight || Plain Paper: 16-28 lb / 60-105 gsm |
Envelopes: 20-24 lb / 75-90 gsm
Cards: Up to 110 lb index / 200 gsm
Photo Paper: Up to 75 lb / 280 gsm
| Paper Capacity || Input Tray 1: 225 sheets |
ADF: 35 sheets
Output Tray: 60 sheets
| Special Media Support || Envelopes |
| Interface || USB 2.0 |
| Direct Printing || None |
| Wireless Printing Features || HP ePrint |
| Processor || 500 MHz |
| Memory || 1 GB |
| Compatible Operating Systems || Windows |
Mac OS X / macOS
| Control Panel || 2.65" / 6.75 cm touchscreen CGD (color graphics) |
| Power Requirements || 100-240 VAC (±10%), 50/60 Hz (±3 Hz) |
| Power Consumption || Maximum: 27 W |
Active: 5.5 W
Sleep: 1.2 W
Off: 0.3 W
| Acoustics || Power Emissions: 6.4 B(A) |
Pressure Emissions: 61 dB(A)
| Operating Conditions || Temperature: 41 to 104°F / 5 to 40°C |
Recommended Temperature: 59 to 86°F / 15 to 30°C
Recommended Humidity: 20-80%
| Storage Conditions || Temperature: -40 to 140°F / -40 to 60°C |
| Dimensions (WxDxH) || 18.3 x 15.4 x 9.0" / 46.4 x 39.0 x 22.9 cm |
Maximum: 18.3 x 20.4 x 9.0" / 46.4 x 51.8 x 22.9 cm
| Weight || 17.7 lb / 8 kg |
| Package Weight || 21.5 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 20.0 x 18.0 x 11.0" |
Rating80% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 78 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
Post new comment to HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Inkjet Printer
|Subject: Query |
|Date: 04.03.2021 00:09:50||Name: RAY TOMLINSON|
|Whenever I attempt to send a FAX all the machine does is start trying to send a fax without asking for a number to send it to. In order to enter another FAX number I have to shut the machine off and turn it back on. What do I need to do to fix this|
|Subject: paper tray|
|Date: 12.02.2021 01:24:07||Name: Jim L Lauthern|
|the paper tray will not release|
|Subject: Jet pro 6968|
|Date: 24.01.2021 23:12:37||Name: Linda esposito|
|How do I hook up jet pro with answering machine on same line. I've had it working like that for years but a cable repairman set it up where my office jet has to be off at all times otherwise it does not work. I always had it that when it was a fax it just came through even though answering machine was on. He told me that was impossible...I had it set up that way for years|
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
I am looking for a User Manual for Elmer’s Products. Inc X-ACTO Magnetic Paper Trimmer Model 7901...
HP DeskJet 3755 All-in-One Inkjet Printer...
Fire tv restart...
Je cherche le manuel d'utilisation pour le téléphone Headset Plantronics CT14...J'en ai eu un usagé en cadeau mais sans manuel d'instruction!
OHMU TRAIL CAMERA 1080P 12 MP...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
Lock instructions for Barska Book safe lock---CB12362 Paris small
Name: Sharina Hill
Barska Dictionary Book Lock Box with
Purchased at Home Depot-- no lock instructions were included
Please email those instructions...
Loss of audio
AKG Y500 Wireless On-Ear Headphones
I purchased these headphones for my elderly father who lives overseas. They worked perfectly at first but now he says they are no longer working. I believe he needs to pair them with his computer again. I do not know how to help hi. Do this. Are you able to advise? ...
Name: Erin Flory Robertson
Polaroid iS048 Digital Camera
Does this camera include a speaker? We don’t hear any sound with the videos! ...
ERR msg on ATN X-SIGHT 4K PRO 5x20
Name: Byron Hatfield
ATN 5-20x X-Sight 4K Pro Digital
receiving a "ERR msg" at top of screen. Restored to factory condition did not eliminate the error. Removed SD chip-rotated scope according to youtube video.Compass would appear for 4-5 seconds and disappear.Repeated the process with chip inserted,still 4-5 seconds then disappear....
Challenge, treat urgently
Bosch LC2-PC30G6-8 Premium-Sound Ceiling Loudspeaker
Am to install this LC2-PC30G6-8 to a finished ceiling whose depth can't take the whole speaker. Pls what the way out of this mess. Because the ceiling is cut already...