User Manual for Ikelite Underwater Housing and Olympus Tough TG-5 Digital Camera Kit Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Ikelite Underwater Housing and Olympus Tough
- Product category: Still Cameras & Housings Ikelite
- Brand: Ikelite
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Ikelite Still Cameras & Housings
User manual for the Ikelite Underwater Housing and Olympus Tough contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Ikelite product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Ikelite user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Ikelite product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Capture beautiful photos and 4K video of coral reefs, pygmy seahorses, and other aquatic wonders with this Ikelite Underwater Housing and Olympus Tough TG-5 Digital Camera Kit from . The rugged, 12MP point-and-shoot features a 50' depth rating, which is quadrupled by Ikelite's dedicated enclosure. The durable ABS and polycarbonate housing affords access to virtually all the functions of the TG-5, and features a built-in, flat glass port for the camera's 25-100mm f/2 lens. Add an external strobe or video light to your system to ensure sufficient illumination and color accuracy on cloudy days, and when diving beyond 20' or so on clear, sunny days.
In the Box
- Ikelite Underwater Housing for Olympus Tough TG-5 You can capture sharp, detailed photos and brilliant 4K video at depths as great as 200' beneath the surface, thanks to Ikelite's dedicated Underwater Housing for your Olympus Tough TG-5 digital camera. Dual fiber-optic ports enable the connection of optional, external strobes for illumination and color correction. Ergonomic mechanical controls, including push-buttons, knurled knobs/dials, and levers, afford access to virtually all camera functions.
Built for durability, the enclosure is made in the USA from a corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend. It is white/light gray on the front, top, sides, and bottom, but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain your view of the camera's rear controls. The built-in, flat glass lens port features a 3.0" diameter, and accepts optional wide-angle and macro conversion lenses to increase your field of view and enable extremely clear, detailed close-up shots, respectively. Optional color-correction filters can also be added to restore hues that get absorbed by the water.
- Construction Details
- Depth rating of 200'
- Made by hand in the USA from a corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend
- White/light gray on front, top, sides, and bottom to reflect sunlight and keep camera cool when shooting on or above water's surface
- Clear in back to allow you to monitor O-ring seal and maintain view of camera's rear controls
- Controls are crafted from durable, hard-anodized aluminum and acetyl, which, like the ABS and PC of the body, are corrosion-resistant
- Controls and Handling
- Large, ergonomic mechanical controls, including push-buttons, knurled knobs/dials, and levers, provide access to all camera functions except for the Log Switch
- Side-mounted shutter lever and a redesigned zoom control make shooting easy
- Optional tray with a quick-release grip provides comfort and improves overall balance and handling beneath the surface
- Housing has slightly positive buoyancy in fresh water
- Lens Port
- Built-in, flat glass lens port with a 3.0" diameter
- Features 67mm threads designed to accept optional wide-angle and macro conversion lenses, a.k.a. "wet lenses"
- Wide-angles increase your field of view, allowing you to get closer to your subject while fitting more in the frame; macros allow for extreme close-ups with great clarity and detail
- Both types of lenses reduce the amount of water between you and your subjects to minimize distortion and improve color, exposure, and clarity
- Recommended Ikelite WD-3 Wide-Angle Dome provides a mid-range field of view and does not result in any vignetting
- Ikelite W-30 Wide-Angle Lens, INON UWL-H100, and other 67mm wide lenses offer greater coverage, but some vignetting and edge distortion will occur. However, these effects can be minimized or eliminated via smaller apertures, zooming in, and/or cropping in post-production
- Macro lenses with 67mm threads are available from INON, Epoque, and other brands
- External color-correction filters with 3.0" diameters can be pressed directly onto the port, while those with 3.6" diameters can be attached to many wide-angle wet lenses
- Strobe Connection and Operation
- Built-in flash is not suitable for illuminating photos underwater, but can trigger optional, external strobes via fiber-optic cables
- Use of an optional, external strobe will be extremely helpful once you descend farther than 15-20' underwater, except when shooting with color filters on very clear days with bright sunlight
- Strobe restores hues that get absorbed by the water, so your images are vibrant and accurate
- Try to stay no more than 3-4' away from the subject to preserve natural colors in images
- Housing is equipped with two fiber-optic ports
- Any Ikelite DS strobe can be connected via the #4401.1 Fiber-Optic Converter and #4501 Fiber Optic Cord
- F.O. Converter effectively turns the sync cord bulkhead of the DS strobe into a fiber-optic port, and allows for manual exposure
- Compatible fiber-optic cords: Ikelite #4501 Fiber-Optic Coiled Cord, INON "Non-Wireless" L-Type Optical D Cable, Sea & Sea #50107 L-Type Fiber-Optic Cable, Sea & Sea #50128 Fiber Optic Cable II, Olympus PTCB-E02 UW Fiber-Optic Cable, Nauticam-to-INON #26211 Optical Fiber Cable, Nauticam-to-Sea & Sea #26212 Optical Fiber Cable
- Olympus Tough TG-5 Digital Camera (Red) Designed for the adventurous type, the red Tough TG-5 Digital Camera from Olympus is a durable point-and-shoot with a rugged physical construction and apt imaging capabilities. Utilizing a 12MP BSI CMOS sensor and TruePic VIII image processor, the TG-5 offers notable image clarity and low-light performance, to ISO 12800, along with fast 20 fps continuous shooting, 4K/30p video recording, and high-speed Full HD 1080p shooting at 120 fps. Balancing the imaging capabilities is a versatile 4x optical zoom lens, which spans a 25-100mm equivalent range, and has an f/2 maximum aperture to benefit working in low-light conditions. Additionally, the Variable Macro System also positions this lens for close-up shooting with subjects just one centimeter away for true macro photography.
Complementing the sensor and optical attributes of the TG-5 is a robust set of features for withstanding the elements, tracking your adventures, and sharing your images. The camera is rated for underwater use, as well as tested to withstand falls and crushing, and is hermetically sealed against dust and moisture for assured use in trying conditions. Making use of these stats, a Field Sensor System incorporates GPS, a manometer, compass, and a thermometer for recording the details of your environment and embedding this data onto your photos and movies. Using built-in Wi-Fi and the OI.Track app, the recording log data and the imagery can be shared to a mobile device for compositing and sharing online.
- Tough Design
- The TG-5 is designed to withstand a wide variety of conditions, ranging from harsh climates to everyday mishaps:
- Waterproof-rated to IPX8 for use underwater to depths of 50' / 15m
- Freezeproof to temperatures as low as 14°F / -10°C
- Shockproof to falls from 7' / 2.1m high
- Crushproof to withstand up to 220 lbf / 100 kgf of pressure
- Dustproof-rated to IP6X to protect the internal components of the camera
Also benefitting the camera's use outdoors, the lens has been sealed with double-pane glass to prevent fogging and condensation. The camera body design has also been configured to permit direct operation while wearing gloves, and the zoom lever has been relocated for easier access.
- 12MP BSI CMOS Sensor and TruePic VIII Processor
- Utilizing a 12MP BSI CMOS sensor and TruePic VIII image processor, the TG-5 offers a mixture of speed and sensitivity to suit both photo and video applications. The BSI design of the sensor affords cleaner image quality at higher sensitivities, up to ISO 12800, for working in low-light conditions, and the processor further helps to reduce noise and expand the dynamic range. The processor also avails a 20 fps continuous shooting rate in raw as well as the ability to record 4K/30p video with full pixel readout or high-speed Full HD 1080p video at up to 120 fps.
- 4x Optical Zoom Lens
- Spanning wide-angle to telephoto focal lengths, the built-in 4x optical zoom lens covers a 25-100mm equivalent range and has a bright f/2 maximum aperture to suit working in low-light conditions.
- Field Sensor System and Built-In Wi-Fi
- Ideal for recording data while shooting in the outdoors, the Field Sensor System includes a GPS module, manometer, compass, and a temperature sensor. This data, along with the photos and movies themselves, can be transferred to a smartphone via Wi-Fi where the tracking data can be embedded or overlaid onto the images themselves using the OI.Track app. Additionally, both photos and videos can be searched-for using recorded tracking data.
In addition to wireless transfer, the built-in Wi-Fi also allows you to remotely control the camera from a linked smartphone or tablet.
- Other Camera Features
- Rear 3.0" 460k-dot LCD monitor offers a bright, clear means for shooting as well as image playback and menu navigation.
- Pro Capture Mode will automatically sequentially shoot from 0.5 to 10 seconds before the shutter is pressed to ensure you don't miss a shot.
- Four separate underwater modes are available to produce more accurate shots when working in or near the water, and include Underwater Wide, Underwater Macro, Underwater HDR, and Underwater Snapshot.
- An apt close-up shooter, the TG-5 has four separate shooting modes within the Variable Macro System. Including Microscope, Microscope Control, Focus Stacking, and Focus Bracketing modes, you are able to photograph subjects at just one centimeter away. Additionally, the optional LG-1 Light Guide and FD-1 Flash Diffuser can be used to light close-up subjects.
- Using a 25-point autofocus system, a variety of focusing features can be used depending on the type of subject you are photographing, including Face Detection AF, Focus Area Selection, and AF Tracking. Manual focus is also possible, with Manual Focus Assist and Focus Peaking functions to help.
- In-camera time-lapses can be recorded using an interval timer, with 1 second to 24 hour intervals for up to 299 consecutive images.
- Picture Modes: i-Enhance, Vivid, Natural, Muted, Portrait, Monotone, Custom, e Portrait, and Art Filters.
- Scene Modes: Portrait, e-Portrait, Landscape, Portrait +Landscape, Hand-held Starlight, Nightscape, Portrait + Nightscape, Children, Sport, Candlelight, Sunset, Fireworks, Beach & Snow, Panorama, Live Composite, and Backlight HDR.
- Art Filters - Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale & Light Color, Light Tone, Grainy Film, Pinhole, Diorama, Cross Process, Gentle Sepia, Dramatic Tone, Key Line, Watercolor, Vintage, and Partial Color.
- Detail of Art Effects: Soft Focus Effect, Pinhole Effect, White Edge Effect, Frame Effect, Star Light Effect, Blur Effect, B&W Effect, Pict. Tone Effect, and Shade Effect.
- Language support: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, Czech, Dutch, Danish, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Croatian, Slovenian, Hungarian, Greek, Slovakian, Turkish, Latvian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Ukrainian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Romanian, Indonesian, Malay, and Thai.
- Underwater Housing for Olympus Tough TG-5 fvseecevzbcczucevvzswuvqfuetwvaac
- Vinyl Port Cover for 3" Diameter
- #0184.1 Silicone Lubricant
- Limited 2-Year Warranty
Table of Contents
- Olympus - Tough TG-5 Digital Camera (Red)
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Ikelite Underwater Housing and Olympus Tough TG-5 Digital Camera Kit in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
- Ikelite Underwater Housing for Olympus Tough TG-5
| Depth Rating || 200' / 60 m |
| Control Type || Mechanical push-buttons, knurled knobs/dials, and levers |
| Controls || Afford access to all camera functions except for Log Switch |
| Material of Construction || Body: Polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend |
Controls: Hard-anodized aluminum and acetal plastic
| Lens Port || Built-in, flat glass port |
| Buoyancy || Slightly positive in fresh water |
| External Flash Connector || 2x Fiber-optic ports for attaching optional, external strobes (cables not included) |
Optional #4401.1 Fiber-Optic Converter and #4501 Fiber Optic Cord enable connection of Ikelite DS strobes
| Mounting || 1/4"-20 threaded mounts with 3.0" / 76 mm spacing for connecting optional tray with handle(s) |
| Dimensions || Housing: 6.2 x 4.4 x 3.7" / 15.8 x 11.2 x 9.4 cm |
Lens Port Diameter: 3.0" / 76 mm
| Weight || 1.1 lb / 0.5 kg |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 6.8 x 5.4 x 5.3" |
- Olympus Tough TG-5 Digital Camera (Red)
| Pixels || 12 Megapixel |
| Sensor || 1/2.3" CMOS |
| Bit Depth || 12-Bit |
| File Formats || Still Images: JPEG, RAW |
| Max Resolution || 4000 x 3000 |
| Aspect Ratio || 4:3 |
| Image Stabilization || Sensor-Shift |
| Lens || Effective Focal Length: 4.5 to 18mm (35 mm Equivalent: 25 to 100mm) |
Aperture: f/2 (W) to f/4.9 (T)
| Zoom || Optical: 4x |
| Focus Range || Normal: 3.94" to Infinity / 10 cm to Infinity |
Macro: 0.39" to Infinity / 1 cm to Infinity
| ISO Sensitivity || Auto, 100 to 12800 |
| Shutter || 1/2 to 1/2000 Second |
4 to 0 Second in Night Scene Mode
| Exposure Modes || Modes: Aperture Priority, C1, C2, Intelligent Auto, Movie, Program, Scene Modes, Underwater |
Compensation: -2 EV to +2 EV (in 1/3 EV Steps)
| Continuous Shooting || Up to 20 fps at 12 MP for up to 14 Exposures (Raw Format) |
Up to 20 fps at 12 MP for Unlimited Exposures (JPEG Format)
Up to 10 fps at 12 MP for up to 14 Exposures (Raw Format)
Up to 10 fps at 12 MP for Unlimited Exposures (JPEG Format)
Up to 5 fps at 12 MP for up to 49 Exposures (Raw Format)
Up to 5 fps at 12 MP for Unlimited Exposures (JPEG Format)
| Self-Timer || 2, 12 Sec |
| Interval Recording || Yes |
| Flash Modes || Auto |
Slow Sync/Red-Eye Reduction
| Built-In Flash || Yes |
| Built-In Memory || 55 MB |
| Memory Card Type || SD |
| Video Recording || Yes, NTSC/PAL |
| Resolution || 3840 x 2160p: 30 fps, 25 fps |
1920 x 1080p: 120 fps, 60 fps, 50 fps, 30 fps, 25 fps
1280 x 720p: 240 fps, 30 fps, 25 fps
640 x 480p: 480 fps
| Video Clip Length || Up to 29 Minutes |
| Audio Recording || Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo) |
| Screen || 3.0" LCD Rear Screen (460,000 Pixels) |
| Screen Coverage || 100% |
| Connectivity || HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0 Micro-B, USB 2.0 |
| Wi-Fi || Yes, Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n) Built In |
| GPS || Yes |
| Waterproofing || 49.2' / 15.0 m |
| Battery || 1 x LI-92B Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 3.6 VDC, 1350 mAh |
| Dimensions (W x H x D) || 4.4 x 2.6 x 1.3" / 113.0 x 66.0 x 31.9 mm |
| Weight || 8.82 oz / 250 g with battery and memory card |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 6.6 x 5.6 x 2.6" |
Rating90% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 26 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
Sylvania Portable Blu-Ray Disc/DVD Media Player 11.4" SDVD1187...
Sigma 100-400 1:5-6.3 DG o67...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
Under counter SKzCR 2713.
Name: Rex Clark
Sylvania SKCR2713 Bluetooth Under-Cabinet CD Clock
No sound. It worked before. Is there a resit button,?...
Name: Milan Zihlavnik
ZEISS 1.8-14x50 Victory V8 Riflescope
Mal by som doraz ohľadom svetelného bodu či po určitom čase sa sám vypne, alebo ho treba zakaždým vypnúť ručne.
Ďakujem za odpoveď....
Name: Jeff Dillon
Joby TelePod PRO Kit
Can I advance pages of my book with the remote control on my Joby?
Boss ve2 noises through amp speaker
Name: Ian clark
BOSS VE-2 Vocal Harmonist
Hi , I recently purchased a boss ve2 Harmonist pedal , when switched on it intermittently pops and bangs through my Roland ac60 amp , all connections are fine and amp is fine until ve2 is connected, what can be causing this ?, thanks for any help...
User Manuel for dell notebook 3000 series
Name: Kenny Campbell
Dell 15.6" Inspiron 15 3000 Series
I would like a user Manuel for my dell inspiron 15 3000 series in order to master the computer - it is old 2016 ...