User Manual for Intel Xeon E5-4620 2.20 GHz Processor Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Intel Xeon E5-4620 2.20 GHz Processor
- Product category: CPU Processors Intel
- Brand: Intel
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Intel CPU Processors
User manual for the Intel Xeon E5-4620 2.20 GHz Processor contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Intel product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Intel user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Intel product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description The Intel Xeon E5-4620 2.20 GHz Processor is equipped with 8 cores and 16 threads and can be installed in the LGA2011 socket. It delivers an improved automatic performance, thanks to its Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. This gives system builders the freedom to set their computers the way they want by overclocking the processor's original speed of 2.20 GHz to up to 2.60 GHz. It is built on the 32 nm process technology. Furthermore, the Intel Xeon E5-4620 Processor features advanced technologies such as Intel vPro technology, Intel Hyper-Threading technology, Intel Virtualization technology and more.
- Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology
- Intel Turbo Boost technology dynamically increases the processor's frequency as needed by utilizing thermal and power headroom. This allows the processor to run faster and makes it more energy efficient.
- Intel vPro Technology
- Intel vPro technology is a set of security and manageability capabilities built into the processor aimed at addressing four critical areas of IT security: 1) Threat management, including protection from rootkits, viruses and malware 2) Identity and website access point protection 3) Confidential, personal and business data protection 4) Remote and local monitoring, remediation and repair of PCs and workstations.
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel HT)
- Intel Hyper-Threading technology delivers two processing threads per physical core. Highly-threaded applications can perform more tasks in parallel, thus completing tasks sooner.
- Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x)
- Intel Virtualization technology allows a single hardware platform to function as multiple virtual platforms. It limits downtime and maintains productivity by isolating computing activities into separate partitions, thus offering improved manageability.
- Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d)
- Intel Virtualization technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) continues from the existing support for IA-32 (VT-x) and Itanium processor (VT-i) virtualization, adding new support for I/O-device virtualization. Intel VT-d can help improve security and reliability of systems as well as performance of I/O devices in virtualized environments.
- Intel Trusted Execution Technology
- Intel Trusted Execution technology for safer computing is a versatile set of hardware extensions to Intel processors and chipsets that enhance the digital office platform with security capabilities such as measured launch and protected execution. It provides an environment where applications can run within their own space, protected from all the other software on the system.
- AES New Instructions (AES-NI)
- Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions is a set of instructions that enables fast and secure data encryption and decryption. AES-NI is valuable for a wide range of cryptographic applications, such as applications that perform bulk encryption/decryption, authentication, random number generation and authenticated encryption.
- Intel 64 Architecture
- Intel 64 architecture delivers 64-bit computing on server, workstation, desktop and mobile platforms when combined with supporting software. It improves performance by allowing systems to address more than 4 GB of both virtual and physical memory.
- Idle States
- Idle States (C-states) are used to save power when the processor is idle. C0, the operational state, indicates that the CPU is performing useful tasks. C1 is the first idle state, C2 the second and so on, where more power-saving actions are taken for numerically higher C-states.
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep technology is an advanced means of enabling high performance while meeting the power conservation needs of mobile systems. Conventional Intel SpeedStep technology switches both voltage and frequency in tandem between high and low levels in response to processor load. Enhanced Intel SpeedStep technology builds upon that architecture using design strategies such as separation between voltage and frequency changes and clock partitioning and recovery.
- Intel Demand-Based Switching
- Intel Demand-Based Switching is a power management technology in which the applied voltage and clock speed of a microprocessor are kept at minimum necessary levels until more processing power is required.
- Thermal Monitoring Technologies
- Thermal Monitoring technologies protect the processor package and the system from thermal failure through several thermal management features. An on-die Digital Thermal Sensor (DTS) detects the core's temperature. In addition, these thermal management features reduce the package power consumption and thereby temperature when required, in order to remain within normal operating limits.
- Intel Flex Memory Access
- Intel Flex Memory Access facilitates easier upgrades by allowing different memory sizes to be populated and remain in dual-channel mode.
- Execute Disable Bit
- Execute Disable Bit is a hardware-based security feature that can reduce exposure to viruses and malicious code attacks. It also prevents harmful software from executing and propagating on the server or the network.
UPC: 735858232951 In the Box Intel Xeon E5-4620 2.20 GHz Processor Limited 3-Year Warranty Table of Contents
- Intel VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT)
- Intel VT-x with Extended Page Tables, also known as Second Level Address Translation (SLAT), provides acceleration for memory-intensive virtualized applications. Extended Page Tables in Intel Virtualization technology platforms reduce the memory and power overhead costs and increase the battery life through hardware optimization of page table management.
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Intel Xeon E5-4620 2.20 GHz Processor in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Intel E5-4620 Specs
| CPU Socket || LGA 2011 |
| Manufacturing Process || 32 nm |
| Maximum CPU Configuration || S4S |
| Maximum Number of PCIe Lanes || 40 (Revision 3.0) |
| Number of Cores || 8 |
| Number of Threads || 16 |
| Base Clock Speed || 2.2 GHz |
| Maximum Boost Speed || 2.6 GHz |
| Processor Interconnect || : 2 x 7.2 GT/sLinks |
| L3 Cache || 16 MB |
| Maximum Capacity || 1.5 TB |
| Memory Support || DDR3 1066, 1333 MHz |
| ECC Memory || Yes |
| Channel Architecture || Quad Channel |
| Maximum Memory Bandwidth || 42.6 GB/s |
| Thermal Design Power (TDP) || 95 W |
| Voltage || 0.6 to 1.35 V |
| Thermal Monitoring Technologies || Yes |
| AES Support || Yes |
| Extension || AVX |
| Instruction Set || 64-Bit |
| Virtualization || Yes: Intel VT-d, Intel VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT) |
| vPro Support || Yes |
| Performance Technologies || Hyper-Threading, SpeedStep, Turbo Boost 2.0 |
| Security Technologies || Execute Disable Bit, Trusted Execution Technology |
Rating100% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 25 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
EVGA DG-87 FULL TOWER GAMING CASE USERS MANUAL....
ibuypower i series 506...
Anker powercore metro essential 20000 pd...
Edge m bluetooth keyboard...
kensington expert mouse wireless tracball...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
switch quit working, on my 3410 pelican light.
Name: ed ottinger
Pelican 3410M Right Angle Light
what can i do ...
Manual For Firestick 4k
Name: Nancy Nokes
Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Streaming
Would you please send me the manual for the Firestick 4k? Thank you. ...
Name: Chris Revell
JBL GO 2 Portable Wireless Speaker
My speaker will not charge. Turn on speaker, connect charger and within a minute it turns off. Same happens when attempt to use it....
NKB 1000 not connecting with my NVR
Name: Willy K Gikaru
Dahua Technology DHI-NKB1000 Network Control Keyboard
Hi I have a joystick nkb1000 but unfortunately can't be detected in my NVR, kindly assist, getting error offline,it is locked or wrong PW...
Power on - no sound
Alesis MELODY 61 Portable 61-Key Keyboard
My 2 year old granddaughter touched some buttons on my keyboard and now there is no sound when you press the keys. It powers up but no sound at all.