User Manual for Korg Prologue - Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Korg Prologue - Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
- Product category: Synthesizer Keyboards Korg
- Brand: Korg
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Korg Synthesizer Keyboards
User manual for the Korg Prologue - Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Korg product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Korg user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Korg product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description NAMM 2018: Korg Releases New Analog Synthesizers Read More
The 8-voice Korg Prologue is the flagship polyphonic analog synthesizer that builds upon the success of the Minilogue and Monologue synthesizers, combining multi-voice, multi-timbre, and Multi-Engine technology to create a professional-quality instrument that's capable of satiating the most advanced user, but with an interface that a novice will find inviting.
- Quick Listen: Korg Prologue 8-Voice Analog Synth
The synthesizer's architecture uses two VCOs + Multi-Engine (VCO3), a 12 db/per octave filter, two envelopes, a VCA, and an LFO. The Multi-Engine is equipped with three sound generation devices including a noise generator, a variable phase modulation (VMP/FM) generator, and a user oscillator, which allows you to load your own oscillator programs via a free and soon-to-be-released editor/librarian. The two-pole, low-pass filter with enhanced sharpness adds drive with powerful distortion, as well as a low-cut (high-pass) switch. Its sound covers almost every sonic possibility: fat basses, powerful leads, and the lush pads that you expect from a polyphonic synthesizer.
Additional features include four voice modes, a powerful arpeggiator, and a 24-bit digital effects engine, which provides two effect slots (a modulation effect and delay/reverb). Choose between a wide variety of effects such as chorus or ensemble, warm tape delay, or diverse reverbs. The keyboard is a high-quality, Japanese-made, Natural Touch keyboard, providing the same professional-quality touch and feel as on KORG’s high-end workstations. The instrument's enclosure is constructed from a black aluminum front panel with oak wood sides, and high-quality metal knobs. The Korg prologue ships with an IEC power cord.
- General Features
- 8-voice analog synthesizer circuit
- 49-note, Japanese-made, high-quality, Natural Touch keyboard
- Multi-Engine Equipped with 3-Types: Noise, VPM, and user
- High-quality digital effects
- Open source software that can be customized by the user
- Bi-timbre support
- Voice modes that allow voices to be flexibly recombined
- Arpeggiator equipped with a variety of types and range settings
- Program Sort allows rapid access to 500 programs
- Oscilloscope function shows the waveform visually
- Tough and stylish body made of aluminum and wood
- Sync with another groove machine to enjoy jam sessions
- The Multi-Engine is provided as VCO3, adding digital waveforms and FM via three different sound engines, which can be combined with the analog VCOs to expand prologue’s sonic potential far beyond that of a traditional analog synthesizer
- Noise Generator: Four types of noise generators create percussive sounds or sound effects. Experience how digital filtering can produce direct changes in the color of the noise
- VPM Oscillator: The VPM (Variable Phase Modulation) / FM oscillator offers a metallic and sharp sound with complex overtones that could never be obtained by analog means. With 16 types of oscillator and the Shape knob, you’ll be intuitively guided through complex sound design
- User Oscillator: Load oscillator programs of your own creation. Sixteen slots are provided, and one type of morphing wavetable oscillator is built-in as a preset
Table of Contents
- Voice Modes
- Four Voice Modes
- Poly: Operates as a poly synth with up to 8 voices. Turn the Voice Mode Depth knob to switch to Duo mode, in which the instrument operates in unison as a poly synth with up to 4 voices
- Mono: Operates as a mono synth with sub oscillator
- Unison: Operates as an all-unison mono synth
- Chord: Plays chords
- Digital Effects: High-quality digital effects feature 24-bit floating-point processing, and add a further polish to the sound of the prologue. With two effect units provided (a modulation effect and delay/reverb), you can choose from a wide variety such as chorus or ensemble, warm tape delay, or diverse reverbs. The user effect slots let you load effect programs of your own creation
- Program Sort
- The program sort function lets you instantly change the sorting order of the 500 programs
- Eight Program Sort Methods
- Prog Num: Sort by program number
- Category: Sort by program category
- Alphabetical: Sort programs alphabetically
- Like: Sort by programs that you “liked”
- Frequent: Sort by how frequently you used the program
- Envelope: Sort by envelope shape
- Random: Sort randomly
- Live Set: Sort programs registered in a live set
- The prologue is a two-timbre synthesizer that lets you play two different programs simultaneously. In addition to layer and split, you can use crossfade to smoothly transition between the main timbre and sub timbre
- The powerful arpeggiator opens a world of limitless inspiration. It provides a four-octave range, and six arpeggiator types. From phrases that could not be performed on a keyboard to sequence-like sound designs, the arpeggiator can play a versatile array of roles
- Rise Fall
- Poly Random
In the Box Korg Prologue - Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer (8-Voice)
- User Customization
- Open source means that the prologue’s development is ongoing. It provides 16 user oscillator slots and 16 user effect slots, and you can use the "soon-to-be-released" dedicated librarian software to create your very own oscillators and effect programs, and load them into prologue
- IEC Power Cord
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Korg Prologue - Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Korg PROLOGUE 8 Specs
| Keyboard || 49 keys (Natural Touch keyboard with velocity) |
| Sound Generation || Analog sound generator + multi-digital sound generator (noise, VPM, user) |
| Polyphony || 8 |
| Programs || Over 500 voices (more than 200 preload, 300 user programs)
Each program provides a program sort function that includes voice mode and timbre settings, and allows up to 8
Rating90% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 03 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
For Peavey vyper 1 20watt...
PhotoStudio expressions Platinum Version 6 Manual by by Individual Software...
trackport gps vehicle tracker user manual...
MODEL NUMBER LT-58MA887
58” 4K Ultra HD/HDR SMART TV...
Boise Cascade 1970's camper pull trailer manual. 115V 30amp Model# 19SG 19357...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
Name: Lan Mai
Gigastone 128GB IF-6600 i-Flash Drive
My Gigastone i-flash 6600 64GB is suddenly 'Write Protected' after being used to store pictures and videos. I tried Diskpart in Windows 10 to remove the Write Protection, but it does not work. Please advise...
Name: Jerol Morrow
Tasco TRD130T 1x30 Red Dot Reflex
What do you mean "insert link to website"?
Whose website? My e-mail address.
Your instructions are not clear...
instruction manual for TED130T
Name: Jerol Morrow
Tasco TRD130T 1x30 Red Dot Reflex
i am having difficulties downloading and printing instruction manual. as i am internet challenged, it is not clear as to what i am supposed to do. please send me a paper copy...
Gigastone storage 6600
Name: Tate Brumgard
Gigastone 128GB IF-6600 i-Flash Drive
Would like operating instructions ...
I need a user manual for the Polaroid 72" 183 cm Tripod (Model #: PLTRI72S)
Name: Paul Tunks
Polaroid 72" Tripod w 3-Way Pan
I need a user manual for the Polaroid 72" 183 cm Tripod (Model #: PLTRI72S). The box had no user manual inside and I cannot find this product on the Polaroid website. ...