User Manual for Kramer VP-440 Presentation Switcher Scaler Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Kramer VP-440 Presentation Switcher Scaler
- Product category: Routers & Switchers Kramer
- Brand: Kramer
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Kramer Routers & Switchers
User manual for the Kramer VP-440 Presentation Switcher Scaler contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Kramer product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Kramer user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Kramer product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description The 6-port VP-440 Presentation Switcher/Scaler from Kramer supports up to UXGA/1080p output resolution and can be used with HDMI and computer graphic signals. The unit scales the video, embeds the audio, and outputs the signal to both an HDMI and an HDBaseT output, as well as to unbalanced stereo audio. The Presentation Switcher/Scaler allows automatic input switching selectable to the last connected input. It also allows auto-scanning. The VP-440 Presentation Switcher/Scaler features a non-volatile memory for saving the final settings. For bidirectional data tunneling via HDBaseT, the switcher/scaler also features a dedicated RS-232 port. Since VP-440 can maintain constant output sync, there is no disruption on the output while switching between inputs and when no video is detected. The VP-440 is housed in a 1/2 19" 1U enclosure, letting two units to be rack mounted side-by-side in a 1U rack space with the optional RK-1 universal rack adapter.
In the Box Kramer VP-440 Presentation Switcher/Scaler (6-Port) Power Supply Limited 7-Year Warranty Table of Contents
- Four HDMI-on-HDMI connectors and two computer graphics video on 15−pin HD connectors
- Six unbalanced stereo audio inputs on 3.5mm connectors as well as embedded audio for the HDMI inputs, each with individual level controls
- One unbalanced stereo audio output on a 3.5mm connector as well as embedded audio on the HDMI and HDBT outputs
- Multiple aspect ratio selections (full, best fit, over scan, under scan, letter box, and pan scan)
- Powerful audio features via DSP technology including audio equalization, mixing, delay, and more
- Built-in ProcAmp for color, hue, sharpness, noise, contrast, and brightness control
- Supports 4:4:4 (RGB and YUV) as well as 4:2:2 (YUV) color sampling in native mode
- Scaled output on HDMI and HDBT connectors simultaneously
- Microphone input with audio DSP options including mixing and talk-over
- Companion AFV (Audio-Follow-Video) stereo audio for every video input
- System range of up to 230' for HDBaseT inputs and outputs
- HDTV compatibility
- HDCP compliance
- Front panel lockout
- Control VP-440 directly via the front panel push buttons, over RS-232 serial commands transmitted by a touchscreen system, PC, or other serial controller, via the OSD (on-screen display), via remote contact-closure switches, or via the Ethernet with built-in Web pages
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Kramer VP-440 Presentation Switcher Scaler in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Download User ManualThe user manual for the Kramer VP-440 Presentation Switcher Scaler can be downloaded in PDF format at the link stated below.
Kramer VP-440 Specs
| Inputs || 4 x HDMI connectors (HDMI, HDCP version 1.4) |
2 x VGA on a 15-pin HD connector
6 x Unbalanced stereo audio on 1/8" (3.5 mm) mini jack connectors
1 x Mic on a 1/4" (6.3 mm) jack connector (with selectable 48 V phantom power)
| Outputs || 1 x HDMI connector (HDMI, HDCP version 1.4) |
1 x HDBT on RJ-45 connector
1 x Unbalanced stereo audio on a 1/8" (3.5 mm) mini jack connector
| Bandwidth || Up to 1080p, UXGA |
| Switching Time || 2 to 3 seconds between inputs |
| Video Latency || Less than 2 frames |
| Output Resolutions || Native HDMI |
640 x 480, 800 x 600, 1024 x 768, 1280 x 768, 1360 x 768, 1280 x 720, 1280 x 800, 1280 x 1024, 1440 x 900, 1400 x 1050, 1680 x 1050, 1600 x 1200, 1920 x 1080, 1920 x 1200, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p (all resolutions @ 60 Hz)
576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p (all resolutions @ 50 Hz)
| Controls || HDMI 1 to 4 and PC 1 to 2 input selector buttons; input select contact closure, menu and navigation buttons, reset to XGA/720p and panel lock buttons, RS-232 (control and data), Ethernet (OSD and Web pages) |
| Power Requirements || 5 VDC, 3 A |
| Operating Temperature || 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C) |
| Storage Temperature || -40 to 158°F (-40 to 70°C) |
| Dimensions || 8.5 x 6.42 x 1.73" (21.5 x 16.3 x 4.4 cm) |
| Weight || 3.37 lb (1.53 kg) approximately |
| Package Weight || 3.75 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 13.5 x 8.4 x 2.9" |
Rating100% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 60 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment: