User Manual for Kramer VP-793 Multi-Format to DVI HDMI Digital HQV Scaler with Audio Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Kramer VP-793 Multi-Format to DVI HDMI
- Product category: Signal Converters Kramer
- Brand: Kramer
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Kramer Signal Converters
User manual for the Kramer VP-793 Multi-Format to DVI HDMI contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Kramer product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Kramer user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Kramer product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description The VP-793 Multi-Format to DVI/HDMI Digital HQV Scaler with Audio from Kramer is more than a simple format converter. It scales, provides geometric distortion correction, image flip, edge blending, and allows you to create warp maps for custom projector setups using Windows-based software. The VP-793 features a DVI-I input that will support VESA computer resolutions up to WUXGA (1920 x 1200) and HD video resolutions up to 1080p. In addition, there is a VGA input so allowing you to use analog computer sources. Finally, there is a dedicated HDMI input for SD and HD video up to 1080p; plus audio can be de-embedded from the HDMI stream to a S/PDIF output. The HDMI and DVI inputs are HDCP compliant so you can even use the VP-793 with copy-protected sources such as Blu-ray discs. On the output side, there is a single DVI-D connector that can be used for digital DVI or HDMI video signals are resolutions up up to WUXGA and 1080p. For audio there is a S/PDIF output on an RCA connector that outputs any de-embedded HDMI audio.
- HQV Video Processing
- HQV (Hollywood Quality Video) processing technology features advanced de-interlacing with 3:2 and 2:2 pull down support, 4D motion adaptive SD noise reduction, and a high grade scaling engine equally adept at converting SD or HD video
- Multi-Standard Operation
- Supports video from HDMI, DVI, and analog VGA devices. Accepts VESA computer resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA) and HD video at up to 1080p. In addition, the VP-793 is HDCP-complaint for passing copy-protected sources such as Blu-ray discs. Plus the VP-793 supports 12-bit deep color when connected to compatible HDMI displays
- Supported Resolutions
- HD: 720p, 1080i, 1080psf (psf digital only), 1080p23.97/24/25/30, 1080p59.94, 1080p60
- ED: 480p, 576p
- SD: 625i (576i), 525i (480i)
- Common VESA graphics formats from 640 x 480 (VGA) to 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA), with reduced blanking for 1920 x 1200 and 1600 x 1200 modes
- Superior De-interlacing
- Motion adaptive per pixel video de−interlacing with multi−directional diagonal de-interlace filter helps reduce HD and SD image flicker and artifacts
- Powerful Geometry Correction
- Helps compensate for the effects of a distortion image with off−axis projection, pincushion, barrel, and image rotation adjustments
- Full Warp Mapping
- Warp map creation helps with stacked projector alignment and curved screen multi-projector tiling. The warp map is created using an included Windows application
- Edge Blending
- Four−sided soft edge blend for seamless blending of multiple projectors; plus basic edge blending for general purpose applications
- Portrait Mode Image Extraction
- Rotation and zoom adjustments allow you to convert an image from landscape to portrait orientation
- Selectable Processing Versus Latency
- Best Picture mode provides the best scaling, while the low latency modes apply less processing to move the video stream through the scaler as fast as possible. Even in Best Picture mode latency can be as low as 0.25−frame for progressive scan inputs and 1.25−fields for interlaced inputs
- Flexible Color Calibration Controls
- Built-in color correction allows you to adjust the following parameters: RGB gains, RGB cut-offs and black levels, saturation, hue, brightness, contrast controls, and gamma selection
- Audio De-embedding
- De-embeds audio from HDMI sources and outputs in the S/PDIF format
- Active 3G- and HD-SDI Cable Equalization
- Helps extend the maximum cable distance for the incoming SDI signal
- Non-Volatile Memory
- Auto-saves settings for recall even after power unit off and on again
- Flexible Control Options
- Built-in Web server and TCP/IP API for control across a network or using a web browser, RS-232 for serial control, a keypad for direct input selection and OSD (on screen display) menu access, and a Windows application for creating warp maps
Table of Contents
- Additional Features
In the Box Kramer VP-793 Multi-Format to DVI/HDMI Digital HQV Scaler with Audio
- Selectable I/O lock mode or frame rate conversion mode
- Selectable aspect ratio conversion or incoming aspect ratio preserve mode
- Built-in test pattern generator
- Form factor: 19", 1RU rackmountable
- Programmable customer logo on menu
- USB port for firmware upgrades
- Target applications: professional AV, broadcast, corporate AV, fixed installations, and live events
- 12V DC Power Supply
- DVI-D Cable
- Software CD
- Limited 7-Year Warranty
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Kramer VP-793 Multi-Format to DVI HDMI Digital HQV Scaler with Audio in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Kramer VP-793 Specs
| Inputs || 1 x HDMI |
1 x DVI-D
1 x VGA
| Outputs || 1 x HDMI/DVI on DVI-D connector |
1 x S/PDIF on RCA connector
| Output Resolutions || Common VESA formats from 640 x 480 to 1920 x 1200, and HD video formats at 720p and 1080p |
| Latency || Progressive Scan Inputs: As low as 0.25-frame |
Interlaced Inputs: As low as 1.25-field
| Signal Processing || Signal Inputs: 10-bit |
Internal Processing: 12-bit
4-field full resolution SD and HD processing
| De-interlacing || Motion adaptive per pixel, multi-directional diagonal de-interlace filter |
| Geometric Adjustments || Full warp mapping, 4â'corner, rotate, pincushion, barrel, portrait, and Keystone |
| Edge Blending || 48-bit per pixel, 4:4:4 16-bit per color edge blend with de−gamma processing and multi−region black level correction |
| Control || 1 x TCP/IP on RJ-45 connector |
1 x RS-232 on 9-pin DIN female
Keypad for OSD menu access
| USB || 1 x USB type B for firmware updates |
| Power Requirements || 100 to 264 VAC, |
| Power Consumption || Typical: 35 W |
| Operating Temperature || 32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C |
| Storage Temperature || -40 to 158°F / -40 to 70°C |
| Humidity || 10 to 90%, RHL non-condensing |
| Rack Height || 1 RU |
| Dimensions || 19 x 7.2 x 1.8" / 48.3 x 18.3 x 4.4 cm |
| Weight || 5.5 lb / 2.5 kg |
Rating50% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 50 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
I'm looking for the manuals of the following equipment:
VU50 wildgame innovation card reader need to know how to find time ,date on videos...
I am looking for a manual for Konus Konuspot - 100...
please forward Crystal 45 user manual to above email address...
pom gear smart pods