User Manual for LaCie 4TB Rugged RAID Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the LaCie 4TB Rugged RAID
- Product category: Uncategorized LaCie
- Brand: LaCie
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for LaCie Uncategorized
User manual for the LaCie 4TB Rugged RAID contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any LaCie product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official LaCie user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a LaCie product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Utilizing hardware RAID and Thunderbolt technology, the Lacie 4TB Rugged RAID (2 x 2TB) is well suited for videographers, photographers, and heavy data users. The Rugged RAID comes packed with two 2TB hard drives that can be hardware configured into RAID 1 or 0. The drives spin at 5400 rpm. Preconfigured in RAID 0, the drives offer performance with read and write speeds up to 240 MB/s to provide quick access to your data. For redundancy, you can set the drives in RAID 1 to create an exact copy of data onto both drives, which offer a total capacity of 2TB, for preserving data in the event if one drive fails.
The Rugged RAID is outfitted with an integrated Thunderbolt cable that transfers data at a rate of 10 Gb/s to your Mac or PC system. Additionally when connected via Thunderbolt, the Rugged RAID draws power from this connection without the need for carrying a bulky external power supply. For compatibility, it also comes with USB 3.0 interface that supports USB 2.0 and UAS. To live up to its name, the Rugged is built to withstand drops from 5' when in non-operating mode and an IP 54 rating makes it dust and water resistant. Furthermore, it protects your data on the drives with AES 256-bit software encryption.
Note: In order to take advantage of the 1-month membership to Adobe Creative Cloud, customers will need to register this drive on Seagate.com once it has been received. Upon registration, they will then receive an email with code redemption instructions for one complimentary month of all Adobe Creative Cloud apps, including Lightroom CC, Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, Adobe XD CC, Premiere Pro, Dreamweaver, 100GB of cloud storage, and more. This offer is stackable with existing Adobe Creative Cloud memberships and expires July 21, 2020. It is not available in all countries, so please check eligibility.
For any LaCie product purchased on or after April 1, 2018 that does not contain the Adobe activation code flyer in the box, please contact Customer Support at https://support2.lacie.com/ with a valid proof of purchase for your code.
- Versatility Anywhere, on Any Computer
- Tailor the LaCie Rugged to your precise needs. Leave it in RAID 0 (striped mode) to maximize speed and capacity. Or choose RAID 1 (mirrored mode), where your data is duplicated across the two drives. So even if a drive fails in the field, your files remain completely accessible. Using LaCie Setup Assistant, it's easy to make the LaCie Rugged compatible with any Mac computer, PC, or both. And with Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 interfaces and hardware RAID, any computer will recognize the LaCie Rugged. It lets you transport a massive amount of data with complete security, and access it freely from any computer.
Designed for Mobility
- Rugged Design
- The LaCie Rugged is tested to withstand drops of up to 5' (1.5m) and 1 ton of pressure. So whether the LaCie Rugged takes a jarring jeep ride or is crushed by stacks of suitcases in the airplane cargo hold, your data remains safe.
- Protective Cap
- With its cap in place, the LaCie Rugged is IP 54-rated for resistance to dust and water splashing - even during operation. So even during a dust storm or tropical downpour, you stay confident that your data remains accessible.
- 4TB Capacity
- Under a RAID 0 array, the Rugged RAID combines the capacity from both drives into a single volume of 4TB
- Integrated Thunderbolt Cable
- Ensure you never lose your cable, stow it neatly when not in use, while saving space in your luggage.
- No Power Cable Needed
- Powered through the Thunderbolt cable, the LaCie Rugged lets you access your data anywhere - no power outlet required.
- Hardware RAID
- The LaCie Rugged's RAID system is operating system independent, so any computer recognizes it as long as the file system format you choose is compatible with the host computer.
In the Box LaCie 4TB Rugged RAID (2 x 2TB) Integrated Thunderbolt Cable USB 3.0 Cable Removable Cover and Spare Power Supply Limited 3-Year Warranty Table of Contents
- Software Suite
- The LaCie Rugged includes everything professionals need for secure backup in the field: a backup software suite and compatibility with Time Machine and Windows Backup. It also includes LaCie Private-Public software, which lets you password-protect the entire drive or only certain volumes with AES 256-bit encryption.
- LaCie Setup Assistant - format and create partitions for use on Mac, PC, or both
- LaCie Private-Public - password protection with AES 256-bit software encryption
- LaCie Backup Assistant - backup software designed for PC/Mac
- LaCie Desktop Manager - monitor the hard drive's health and configure email alerts
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the LaCie 4TB Rugged RAID in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
| Drive Type || 2 x 2 TB hard drives |
| Drive Rotation Speed || 5400 rpm |
| Interface || Thunderbolt bus powered |
USB 3.0 (USB 2.0 and UAS compatible)
The included external power supply is needed when connecting via USB
| Interface Transfer Rate || Thunderbolt: 10 Gb/s |
USB 3.0: 5 Gb/s
| Read / Write Speeds || RAID 0: read 240 MB/s, write 240 MB/s |
RAID 1: read 115 MB/s, write 120 MB/s
| RAID Modes || Preconfigured RAID 0 |
Hardware RAID 0/1
Easy RAID selection
| Resistance || Dust and Water: IP 54 rated |
Shock: drops up to 5' (1.5 m) in non-operating mode
Pressure: 1 ton (2,205 lb / 1,000 kg)
Theft: password protection with AES 256-bit software encryption
| System Requirements || Computer with a Thunderbolt, USB 3.0, or USB 2.0 port |
600 MB free disk space
Thunderbolt: Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later
USB 3.0: Latest version of Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 / Mac OS X 10.6 or later
| Dimensions || 1.3 x 3.6 x 5.8" / 34.0 x 91.0 x 148.0 mm |
| Weight || 1.23 lb / 0.56 kg |
Rating86% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 04 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
Tad o ES103050...
IBUYPOWER I-series 506 SN: 278d-ceb2-1efd-1ada-16 desktop computer...
Requested for Toyota 8001 sewing machine user manual 2days ago,but there is nothing. What's happening...
Toyota 8001 sewing machine...
Wild Game Innovations Quick Feed 225...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
10,000mAh Power Badge Power Bank
Name: David Charles
Acellories 10,000mAh Power Badge Power Bank
This unit has two USB outlets, one 2.1A and the other 1A
How does one tell which one is which?
There seem to be no marking on the unit a all!
Your help please.
Can you identify for me, which one is which?
All the best,
difficulty finding how to download manuals
Name: P Kimberley
Cinevate Inc Dromos Hi Hat Board
I am trying to download a variety of Cinevate Inc manuals but can not locate a link or download button. ...
Name: Lan Mai
Gigastone 128GB IF-6600 i-Flash Drive
My Gigastone i-flash 6600 64GB is suddenly 'Write Protected' after being used to store pictures and videos. I tried Diskpart in Windows 10 to remove the Write Protection, but it does not work. Please advise...
Name: Jerol Morrow
Tasco TRD130T 1x30 Red Dot Reflex
What do you mean "insert link to website"?
Whose website? My e-mail address.
Your instructions are not clear...
instruction manual for TED130T
Name: Jerol Morrow
Tasco TRD130T 1x30 Red Dot Reflex
i am having difficulties downloading and printing instruction manual. as i am internet challenged, it is not clear as to what i am supposed to do. please send me a paper copy...