User Manual for Marantz SR5013 7.2-Channel Network A V Receiver Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Marantz SR5013 7.2-Channel Network A V
- Product category: Receivers Marantz
- Brand: Marantz
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Marantz Receivers
User manual for the Marantz SR5013 7.2-Channel Network A V contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Marantz product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Marantz user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Marantz product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Enjoy immersive multi-channel sound with the Marantz SR5013 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver. It delivers up to 100W of power per channel at 8 Ohms and features Dolby Atmos and DTS:X compatibility for object-based audio support. Built-in Bluetooth support allows the receiver to wirelessly stream music from compatible sources such as smartphones and tablets.
Onboard Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity allows the SR5013 to access a variety of Internet-based music sources. As an added convenience, you can download the free Marantz 2016 AVR Remote app from the Apple App Store, Google Play, or the Amazon App Store to control the receiver from your Android, Kindle, or iOS devices; additionally, the SR5013 can be voice-controlled via your Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Siri, or Josh.ai ecosystem.
With eight HDMI inputs and two HDMI outputs, this receiver can act as a video switcher for your HD source components. It will pass through 3D and 4K signals, and will upscale non-UHD signals to near-4K quality for enhanced viewing of lower-resolution sources when paired with a 4K display. The receiver also has a USB port for accessing media stored on USB flash drives. Audyssey MultEQ XT sound optimization will calibrate the receiver to your speakers and room setup for a tailored listening experience. Note: Access to certain Internet-based content may require a subscription to a service. Not all services are available in all areas.
- 7-Channel Discrete Amplifier with Eco Mode
- The power amp section features discrete high-current power output devices, identical on all 7 channels for enhanced realism and dynamic range. Eco Mode provides energy saving options; it features an on-screen Eco meter and allows you to use the receiver in power-saving mode, either reducing the maximum output power or adopting low-power strategies at more modest settings, without affecting sound quality.
- HDMI Connectivity with HDR, Dolby Vision, HLG, and HDCP 2.2 Support
- With eight HDMI inputs (including one on the front panel for quick connection of temporary video sources) and dual HDMI outputs, the SR5013 supports 4K Ultra HD 60 Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, BT.2020, HDR10, Dolby Vision, and HLG pass-through on every input. It also features HDCP 2.2 compatibility for UHD copy protected content on all HDMI inputs, allowing compatibility with Blu-ray players and UHD streaming devices; the receiver can also upscale SD and HD video to UHD. ISF calibration is possible by appropriate technicians, and ISF Day/Night video modes are available.
- Dolby Atmos
- Dolby Atmos surround sound technology dispenses with channel-based coding in favor of more advanced object-based coding, giving the sound designer the ability to precisely place sounds anywhere in the 3-dimensional space. The SR5013 features the ability to connect a 5.1 surround sound speaker system and two additional overhead speakers, or two additional Dolby Atmos-certified up-firing speakers.
- DTS-X features object-based audio coding that lets the sound designer place sonic elements anywhere in the 3D acoustic soundspace and provides for overhead speakers to deliver an enhanced surround sound experience.
- DTS Virtual:X
- You can enjoy an immersive sound experience from a 5.1, 7.1, or even a 2.1-channel setup connected to the receiver without height speakers, thanks to DTS Virtual:X creating virtual height effects.
- Alexa Voice Command
- Ask Alexa to play music from Pandora, Spotify, Amazon Music, and much more. Switch between inputs, turn volume up or down, pause, mute and play the next song, all with your voice. To start streaming with Alexa voice commands, the HEOS Home Entertainment skill must be added and activated via the Alexa app.
- Google Assistant Voice Control
- Ask your Google Assistant-enabled device to control content across your listening environment. Start music in the HEOS app, then ask your Google Assistant to control volume, playback, and more.
- AirPlay 2 with Siri Compatibility
- Stream audio from your favorite music services like Apple Music and Spotify, or watch videos from services like YouTube and Netflix from any compatible iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV device, and hear the audio synced to your sources. AirPlay 2 also supports multi-room audio, enabling you to wirelessly stream content to multiple AirPlay 2-compatible devices simultaneously with smooth playback. AirPlay 2 provides control and grouping of compatible devices within the Apple Music or Home apps. Use AirPlay 2 in-app or with your voice via Siri.
- Josh.ai Smart Home Voice Automation
- Josh.ai is designed to offer flexible voice control for nearly any aspect of your day-to-day experience and entertainment environment. Use voice commands to control your thermostat, lights, appliances, speakers, receiver, and more. Josh.ai is installed by custom integrators and accessed through an app on your compatible iOS or Android phone or tablet.
- Enhanced Connectivity
- The SR5013 is equipped with a dual-antenna system designed to provide robust, error-free streaming via Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and AirPlay 2. AirPlay 2 enables multi-music streaming over connected receivers and Apple HomePod speakers. AirPlay 2 is scheduled to be enabled via a future firmware update.
- HEOS Compatibility
- Enjoy your favorite music anywhere around your home. Share music stored on your home network, Internet radio, or streaming services with optional HEOS wireless speakers or other HEOS-capable receivers throughout the house. Control it all with the free HEOS app. Enjoy music from TuneIn, Internet Radio, and streaming services like Pandora, Spotify, Amazon Prime Music, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Soundcloud, Tidal, Napster, or Deezer.
- Marantz 2016 AVR Remote App
- Download the free Marantz 2016 AVR Remote app from the Apple App Store, Google Play, or the Amazon App Store for control of the receiver and access to its setup menu for detailed adjustments from your phones or tablets. The app also provides quick access to the receiver's status display, option menus, Marantz Blu-ray player control, and an online owner's manual for your convenience. With queue management, you can browse and add new tracks to the playlist on the fly.
- Hi-Res Audio
- Enjoy the fidelity of high resolution audio with the ability to decode up to 24-bit/192 kHz ALAC, FLAC, and WAV lossless files, as well as DSD 2.8 MHz and 5.6 MHz tracks (the audiophile format of SACD). Play hi-res music, MP3s, and other popular file types via the front-panel USB port and network sources.
- 32-Bit D/A Conversion on All Channels
- For augmented fidelity and dynamic range with low distortion, the SR5013 features 32-bit AKM D/A converters on all channels, helping to ensure high fidelity and precise channel matching across all channels.
- Marantz HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) and Current Feedback Topology
- The SR5013 features multiple HDAM modules, which are engineered to provide low-noise wideband performance in an all-discrete configuration, compared to conventional op amp ICs. HDAM technology is designed to produce a fast slew rate for wideband response and an enhanced dynamic range to help deliver optimum sound quality for high resolution audio formats.
In addition to HDAM technology, the SR5013 also features Current Feedback instead of the typical voltage feedback configuration, which provides a wide closed-loop bandwidth and high slew rate to further augment fidelity with wideband audio sources.
- Advanced Audyssey MultEQ XT
- The Audyssey MultEQ XT automatic room acoustic measurement and correction system is designed to match your speakers to your room's acoustics for a smooth, natural tonal balance. MultEQ XT provides enhanced filter precision for the main and satellite speakers at up to eight measurement locations. Audyssey Dynamic EQ uses psychoacoustic algorithms to continually adjust tonal balance so that the sound you hear is full-range, even at lower volume levels, and Audyssey Dynamic Volume smooths out annoying volume jumps, such as with loud commercials.
- External Control Capabilities
- The SR5013 has a range of features to provide enhanced control and compatibility with third-party and custom integration solutions. For remote control compatibility with other components, there's an IR (infrared) remote control input and output on the rear panel, along with a flasher input and a 12V trigger output; for direct connection to external home automation and control equipment, there's an RS-232C serial port.
- Dual Subwoofer Outputs
- The SR5013 supports two subwoofers; used in different locations within the main room, these will even out the low-frequency response for enhanced bass accuracy nearly anywhere in the listening area.
- With the SR5013, you can enjoy 5.1-channel surround sound in the main room and stereo sound from another source in a different part of the house. Simply connect a pair of stereo speakers to the multi-room amplified outputs, or hook up a separate stereo amp and speakers to the Zone 2 pre-outs, and you can still enjoy full 7-channel surround sound in the main room.
- Smart TV Connectivity
- Via the HDMI CEC (consumer electronics control) functionality on some smart TVs, it's possible to control the SR5013 with the TV's remote handset. With the receiver's "HDMI control" set to ON, select "Smart Menu" receiver control functions and the TV's Smart Menu home screen will provide you direct access to source and surround mode selections, the main setup menu, and Smart Select configuration presets.
- Smart Select Functions
- There are four Smart Select function buttons on the front panel and the remote control; each one will store your preferred setup - input, volume, and Audyssey configuration - for a particular source. With the push of just one button, you can have the SR5013 configured for anything from Blu-ray or your TV's set-top box to your favorite Internet radio station.
- Designed for Easy Setup & Use
- For easy installation, the horizontal row of loudspeaker terminals is color-coded, with a set of matching cable labels supplied to help ensure correct hook-up. The graphical on-screen display has an exclusive Setup Assistant, combining with the Quick Start guide to provide guidance and help you optimize critical settings for the best possible sound quality, whatever your configuration.
Guides & Manuals Table of Contents
- Audyssey MultEQ Editor App
- The SR5013 supports the Audyssey MultEQ Editor App, which allows you to view and adjust settings for detailed tuning, customize the sound more precisely to the specific problems in your room, and tailor the sound to your personal preferences. The Audyssey MultEQ Editor app, for Android and iOS devices, is available for purchase from the Google Play Store or the Android App Store.
UPC: 699927201654 In the Box Marantz SR5013 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver
- View the speaker detection results to check correct installation
- View the before and after results of the Audyssey calibration to help identify room problems
- Edit the resulting Audyssey curve for each channel pair
- Adjust the EQ frequency adjustment range for each channel pair
- Switch between two high-frequency rolloff target curves
- Enable/disable midrange compensation to make the vocal region brighter or smoother
- Save and load calibration results.
- Remote Control with Batteries
- AM Antenna
- FM Antenna
- 2 x Bluetooth/Wi-Fi Antennas
- Sound Calibration Microphone
- Cardboard Sound Calibration Microphone Stand
- Cable Labels
- Power Cord
- Limited 3-Year Warranty
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Marantz SR5013 7.2-Channel Network A V Receiver in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Download User ManualThe user manual for the Marantz SR5013 7.2-Channel Network A V Receiver can be downloaded in PDF format at the link stated below.
Marantz SR5013 Specs
| Output Power || 100 W per channel @ 8 Ohms, 20 Hz to 20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 channels driven |
140 W per channel @ 6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 0.7% THD
| Channels || 7.2 |
| Input Sensitivity || Analog: 200 mV |
| Frequency Response || Analog: 10 Hz to 100 kHz (+1, -3 dB, Direct mode) |
| Signal to Noise Ratio || Analog: 100 dB (IHF-A weighted, Direct Mode) |
| Upscaling || Yes, to near-4K |
| Pass-Through || 4K/60p, 4:4:4, HDR, and BT.2020 |
| HDCP Version || 2.2 |
| Input/Output Level and Impedance || Composite Video: 1 Vp-p, 75 Ohms |
Component Video, Y Signal: 1 Vp-p, 75 Ohms
Component Video, PB/CB and PR/CR Signals: 0.7 Vp-p, 75 Ohms
| Frequency Response || Composite Video: 5 Hz to 10 MHz (0, -3 dB) |
Component Video: 5 Hz to 60 MHz (0, -3 dB)
| Tuner Bands || AM / FM |
| Reception Frequencies || AM: 520 to 1710 kHz |
FM: 87.5 to 107.9 MHz
| Sensitivity || AM, Effective: 18 μV |
FM, Effective: 1.2 μV (12.8 dBf)
| 50dB Sensitivity Mono/Stereo || FM, Mono: 2.8 μV (20.2 dBf) |
| S/N Ratio || FM, Mono: 70 dB (IHF-A weighted, Direct Mode) |
FM, Stereo: 67 dB (IHF-A weighted, Direct Mode)
| Distortion || FM, Mono: 0.7% (1 kHz) |
FM, Stereo: 1.0% (1 kHz)
| Bluetooth || Version: 3.0 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) |
Transmission Power: Class 1
Maximum Communication Range: Approximately 98.4' (30 m) in line of sight
Frequency Band: 2.4 GHz
Modulation Scheme: FHSS (Frequency-Hopping Spread Spectrum)
Supported Profiles: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) 1.2, AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile) 1.5
Corresponding Codec: SBC
Transmission Range (A2DP): 20 Hz to 20 kHz
| Wi-Fi || Radio Frequency: Dual-band (2.4 / 5 GHz) |
Network Type: IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n
Security: WEP 64-bit, WEP 128-bit; WPA/WPA2-PSK (AES); WPA/WPA2-PSK (TKIP)
| Inputs || 8 x HDMI (1 front) |
2 x optical TOSLINK
2 x digital coaxial
2 x component video
3 x composite video (1 front)
6 x stereo RCA audio (1 front, 1 phono with ground screw)
1 x USB (front)
1 x 7.1-channel analog in
| Outputs || 2 x HDMI (1 with ARC) |
1 x composite video
1 x component video
2 x subwoofer pre-out
1 x stereo RCA Zone 2
1 x 7-channel analog pre-out
| Other Ports || 1 x FM antenna |
1 x AM antenna
1 x Ethernet
1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm IR in
1 x RCA remote in
1 x RCA remote out
1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm 12 VDC, 150 mA out
1 x RS-232C DE9
2 x Bluetooth/Wi-Fi antennas
1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm setup mic in (front)
1 x AC in
| Speaker Connectors || 7 x binding post pairs |
| HDMI CEC || Yes |
| File Support || WMA, MP3, WAV, MPEG-4 AAC, FLAC, Apple Lossless, DSD |
| Power Consumption (Standby) || 0.2 W |
| Power Requirements || 120 VAC, 60 Hz |
| Dimensions (W x H x D) || 17.4 x 9.1 x 13.6" (440 x 230 x 346 mm) with antennas up |
17.4 x 6.4 x 13.6" (440 x 161 x 346 mm) with antennas down
| Weight (Approximate) || 22.1 lb (10 kg) |
| Package Weight || 27.5 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 20.5 x 17.0 x 10.0" |
Rating70% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 21 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
Post new comment to Marantz SR5013 7.2-Channel Network A V Receiver
|Subject: 4K HDCP 2.2 port|
|Date: 24.01.2021 18:33:15||Name: Don Mac Rodriguez|
|I have a Sony xbr-65A8G TV, with a Marantz 5013 amp, should I plug the hdmi cable from tv into the 4K hdcp 2.2 monitor2 port or the hdmi arc port for best picture?|
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
HP DeskJet 3755 All-in-One Inkjet Printer...
Fire tv restart...
Je cherche le manuel d'utilisation pour le téléphone Headset Plantronics CT14...J'en ai eu un usagé en cadeau mais sans manuel d'instruction!
OHMU TRAIL CAMERA 1080P 12 MP...
FRUNSI FV-HHD3 wireless microphone....
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
Lock instructions for Barska Book safe lock---CB12362 Paris small
Name: Sharina Hill
Barska Dictionary Book Lock Box with
Purchased at Home Depot-- no lock instructions were included
Please email those instructions...
Loss of audio
AKG Y500 Wireless On-Ear Headphones
I purchased these headphones for my elderly father who lives overseas. They worked perfectly at first but now he says they are no longer working. I believe he needs to pair them with his computer again. I do not know how to help hi. Do this. Are you able to advise? ...
Name: Erin Flory Robertson
Polaroid iS048 Digital Camera
Does this camera include a speaker? We don’t hear any sound with the videos! ...
ERR msg on ATN X-SIGHT 4K PRO 5x20
Name: Byron Hatfield
ATN 5-20x X-Sight 4K Pro Digital
receiving a "ERR msg" at top of screen. Restored to factory condition did not eliminate the error. Removed SD chip-rotated scope according to youtube video.Compass would appear for 4-5 seconds and disappear.Repeated the process with chip inserted,still 4-5 seconds then disappear....
Challenge, treat urgently
Bosch LC2-PC30G6-8 Premium-Sound Ceiling Loudspeaker
Am to install this LC2-PC30G6-8 to a finished ceiling whose depth can't take the whole speaker. Pls what the way out of this mess. Because the ceiling is cut already...