User Manual for Meade ETX90 Observer 90mm f 13.8 Maksutov-Cassegrain GoTo Telescope Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Meade ETX90 Observer 90mm f 13.8
- Product category: Catadioptrics (Cassegrains) Meade
- Brand: Meade
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Meade Catadioptrics (Cassegrains)
User manual for the Meade ETX90 Observer 90mm f 13.8 contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Meade product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Meade user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Meade product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Meade Instruments gives you a complete GoTo-enabled observation rig with the ability to make detailed observations of the Moon, easily see planets, and reach outside the solar system to resolve bright deep-space objects with their venerable ETX90 Observer 90mm f/13.8 Maksutov-Cassegrain GoTo Telescope. The compact and powerful Maksutov design uses a front corrector plate with a convex meniscus lens to correct off-axis aberrations, like comas, and chromatic aberration to produce images with true-color rendition. The nature of the lens results in a smaller secondary mirror—limiting obstruction and increasing contrast, while eliminating the need for periodic collimation. This optical path results in a slower focal ratio and narrower field of view versus a similar Schmidt-Cassegrain variant, but the optical benefits makes this an ideal scope for all types of celestial observations.For those who want to use it for astrophotography, an internal mirror flips down to direct the light path straight back for prime-focus photography using a DSLR camera body and optional adapters. An equatorial tilt plate is integrated into the tripod, which allows for proper polar alignment and single-axis tracking for smoother and more precise tracking as required by long-exposure photography.The brain of this system is Meade's revolutionary AudioStar hand controller. Equipped with a 2-line LED display and 20-key red backlit keypad and an integrated speaker, it controls the motorized mount for precise GoTo capabilities. Its internal 30,000+ object database is updatable via the Internet and has the capability to take you on a hands-free guided tour of the night sky above, with audio commentary on select objects with expanded information. To consult star charts and logs, or to change eyepieces and filters, the controller also has a built-in red LED utility light that won't affect your night-adjusted vision.
- Optical Tube Assembly
- 90mm aperture
- f/13.8 focal ratio
- 1250mm focal length
- Maksutov-Cassegrain optical configuration
- Front convex meniscus lens corrects spherical and chromatic aberrations and comas (off-axis aberrations) across the entire field of view
- Smaller secondary mirror versus Schmidt-Cassegrains reduces obstructions and increases contrast
- Proprietary Ultra-High Transmission Coating (UTHC) system improves light transmission for brighter images and increases color fidelity and contrast
- Resolution: 1.29 arcsec
- Internal flip mirror for dual viewing: Find, center, and focus a target object visually with an eyepiece, then photograph it with a camera without changing gear
- Internal focusing system
- Vixen-style dovetail plate
- AudioStar Hand Controller
- 2-line LED display
- 20-key alphanumeric keypad, red LED backlight
- 68HC11, 8MHz processor
- Built-in red utility light
- 30,000+ object database
- User-friendly menu-driven system navigation
- Slew speeds: 1x, 2x, 8x, 16x, 64x, 0.5°/sec, 1°/sec, 1.5°/sec, 4°/sec (max)
- Assisted alignment procedures: Easy (Two-Star), One-star, Two-star, Three-star
- Customizable guided tours for specific date, time, and location
- Built-in speaker provides descriptions of over 500 objects including scientific data and history
- Projects events to plan future astronomy sessions such as sunrises/sunsets, moon phases/moonrises/moonsets, meteor showers; lunar/solar eclipses, equinoxes/solstices
- Backlash compensation allows user to train out the intrinsic play between gears to improve GoTo and tracking accuracy
- Powered by mount to be lighter and easier to use
- 24" coiled cord
- Updatable via Internet using RS-232 port
- Database details:
- Solar system, including Moon, Sun, planets
- Comets and asteroids
- 88 major constellations
- Popular named objects
- Galaxies, quasars, and nebulae
- Multiple catalogs including Messier, Caldwell, and NGC
- Stars, including named stars, SAO catalog, double stars, variable stars
- Satellites, including the International Space Station (ISS) and Hubble Space Telescope (HST)
- User-defined astronomical and terrestrial objects
- Length: 6.6" (17cm)
- Width, top: 3.2" (80cm)
- Width, bottom: 2.25" (57cm)
- Depth: 0.8" (21cm)
- Weight: 17.9 oz (508g)
- Mount and Tripod
- Dual-tine alt-azimuth fork
- Vixen-style dovetail saddle
- 1/4"-20 mount to attach onto many photo/video/field tripods
- Dual DC servo motors with encoders
- Bearings: Altitude: UHMW polyethylene; Azimuth: PTFE
- Runs on six user-supplied AA batteries with a max runtime of 20 hours when using AudioStar
- Compact design: 15x7x9"
- Adjustable height
- Stainless steel legs
- Leg-locking plate for additional stability
- Center column hook for bags, weights, or anchors to add stability and reduce vibrations
- Equatorial mounting plate for precise polar alignment required for long-exposure astrophotography
UPC: 709942997514 In the Box Meade ETX90 Observer 90mm f/13.8 Maksutov-Cassegrain GoTo Telescope Red-Dot Finder Super Plössl 9.7mm Eyepiece Super Plössl 26mm Eyepiece Equatorial Mounting Plate Stainless Steel Tripod Mount/OTA Hard Carrying Case Tripod Carrying Bag Limited 1-Year Warranty Table of Contents
- Included Accessories
- Unmagnified, enables fast and easy alignment
- Simple red-dot reticle won't obscure small or dim targets
- Adjustable intensity
- 1.25"-diameter barrel
- Accepts most 1.25" astronomical filters
- 26mm Super Plössl produces 48x
- 9.7mm Super Plössl produces 129x
- Carrying Options:
- Hard carrying case with custom-cut foam lining for OTA, mount and accessories
- exterior protects during transport and storage
- Carrying bag for tripod with shoulder strap
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Meade ETX90 Observer 90mm f 13.8 Maksutov-Cassegrain GoTo Telescope in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Download User ManualThe user manual for the Meade ETX90 Observer 90mm f 13.8 Maksutov-Cassegrain GoTo Telescope can be downloaded in PDF format at the link stated below.
Meade ETX90 Specs
| Optical Design || Maksutov Cassegrain |
| Aperture || 90 mm / 3.5" |
| Focal Length || 1250 mm |
| Focal Ratio || f/13.9 |
| Focuser || Internal |
| Eyepiece Barrel Diameter || 1.25" |
| Diagonal || 90
Rating80% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 26 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
I am looking for a user's manual for a Sawyer Pana Vue 4R slide viewer....
Rodelink Filmmaker kit...
Odyssey Innovative Designs LTMTS1PRO Mobile Crank Truss System...
NcSTAR 3-9x42 ...