User Manual for Modal Electronics SKULPT Virtual Analog Synthesizer Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Modal Electronics SKULPT Virtual Analog Synthesizer
- Product category: Synthesizer Modules Modal Electronics
- Brand: Modal Electronics
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Modal Electronics Synthesizer Modules
User manual for the Modal Electronics SKULPT Virtual Analog Synthesizer contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Modal Electronics product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Modal Electronics user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Modal Electronics product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Small enough to fit in your backpack or sit on your master MIDI keyboard, the black Modal Electronics SKULPT Virtual Analog Synthesizer packs four discrete polyphonic voices, eight oscillators per voice, waveforms that can be morphed between oscillators, plus a wide array of modulation options to deliver a huge sound in a highly portable package. With a 16-note keypad for note and control input, a step sequencer, an arpeggiator, and 128 patch presets, the synth can run for up to 12 hours on six AA batteries, so you can have it with you whenever and wherever the inspiration strikes.First in the company's family of highly portable electronic musical instruments, SKULPT is based on the innovative voice architecture of the Modal CRAFTsynth. Its intuitive design with 13 front-panel encoders lets you easily tweak the synth's parameters or transmits MIDI CC's for controlling external software and hardware via MIDI or class-compliant MIDI over USB.Prepare to unleash your creativity with pulse-width modulation, FM, ring modulation, a 2-pole resonant VCF that can be morphed (from low-pass, through band-pass, and up to high-pass), three separate envelope generators, two LFOs, and eight modulation slots with eight sources and thirty-seven destinations. A fully MIDI-syncable delay section and waveshaping distortion effect are available to further shape your sound.If you prefer programming and fine-tuning SKULPT via software, the MODALapp editor for Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android (free download available separately) provides complete visual control of all the parameters, patch management, and easy integration with the Modal CRAFT range. Simply connect SKULPT to any device running one of the supported operating systems with a micro-USB cable, and you are good to go. The software editor is completely optional and not required to use any of the SKULPT synthesizer's sound engine.
In the Box Modal Electronics SKULPT Virtual Analog Synthesizer (Black) Micro-USB Cable Protective Lid/Cover Limited 1-Year Warranty Table of Contents
- Key Features
- Four virtual-analog discrete voices of polyphony with multiple keyboard modes
- Eight oscillators per voice for a total of 32 oscillators
- Two selectable, smooth-morphing waveforms for each oscillator
- Eight banks of sixteen patches (128 in total), with patch storage and recall
- FM, ring modulator, PWM
- Eight modulation slots with eight sources and thirty-seven destinations
- Three separate envelope generators for filter, amplitude, and modulation
- Two audio rate LFOs, one global and one polyphonic
- 2-pole resonant VCF, which can be morphed from low-pass, through band-pass, to high-pass
- Mixer stage for oscillator levels along with FM, PWM, tuning, and ring-modulation options
- Monophonic, duophonic, and polyphonic modes available
- Unison/spread options to detune the 32 oscillators for a huge sound
- Waveshaping distortion FX
- MIDI clock sync for LFOs and delay
- Fully featured arpeggiator with division, direction, octave, swing, and sustain controls
- Sequencer with real-time polyphonic note input
- Sequencer stores 128 notes and four parameters
- Store/recall 64 sequences
- 16-key touch MIDI keyboard for note input and controls
- 13 front-panel encoders with shift mode for further access to functions
- Front panel transmits MIDI CC's, enabling control of external software and hardware
- MIDI I/O with soft THRU on 5-pin DIN sockets
- Class-compliant MIDI over USB
- Analog clock sync I/O on 3.5mm sockets
- Dedicated headphone output
- Master output on 3.5mm connector
- Powered either via USB or 6 x AA batteries for 12 hours of play time
- Portable and compact design
- Includes protective lid, which also fits underneath to provide a raised working surface
- Includes micro-USB cable
- MODALapp editor (free download available separately) provides complete visual access and control to all SKULPT's features—Mac, Windows, iOS, Android
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Modal Electronics SKULPT Virtual Analog Synthesizer in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Modal Electronics MDL-SKULPT Specs
| Connections || Master Line Output: 1/8" / 3.5 mm connector |
Headphone Output: 1/8" / 3.5 mm connector
Analog Clock Sync I/O: 2 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm connectors
MIDI I/O: 2 x 5-pin DIN connectors
| Power || 6 x AA batteries, 12 hours of operation |
| Dimensions || 10 x 5.5 x 3" / 255 x 135 x 68 mm |
| Weight || Less than 2 lb / 0.9 kg |
| Package Weight || 2.5 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 12.0 x 7.0 x 3.75" |
Rating80% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 87 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
Pacsafe 3 digit cable lock silver...
Arbiter karaoke machine model number K899...
Benro Astro Polareis...
SENNHEISER XSW-D: PEDALBOARD SET...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
User Guide/Manual for Vizio Class D FHD DM40fm-JO9 Smart TV
Name: Jean B Britt
VIZIO D-Series 40" Class Full HD
I just purchased this Smart TV on Friday, September 23, 2022. There was no Owners/ Operational Manual included within the box. Although I love the TV and love all the movies, etc. I have not been able to watch my Local Programming from my Spectrum Cable Box. I watch the local p...
I need instructions on how to use my Samsung Duo Plus USB type C Flash drive
Name: David Allen
Samsung 128GB DUO Plus USB 3.1
I am 68 years old and not very computer literate I need some simple, easy to follow instructions on how to use this device. i bought it from Amazon almost a year ago and want to download my pictures, videos and music. Please help me!...
Name: Peter Schumer
FlashForge Finder 3D Printer
Finder 2 At start up tempreature says 300 degrees and will not start and i cannot reset to 0...
Name: Millie Hilts
Sylvania SKCR2713 Bluetooth Under-Cabinet CD Clock
is there any way of disabling the clock. We want our Alexa to turn the radio on but the clock comes up first
Radio stop functioning-r-24 portable radio
QFX R-24 Portable AM FM SW1
Radio operated correctly, but later it stop completely, with ac current or battery, negative results....