User Manual for Nest Thermostat E Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Nest Thermostat E
- Product category: Thermostats Nest
- Brand: Nest
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Nest Thermostats
User manual for the Nest Thermostat E contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Nest product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Nest user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Nest product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description The Nest Thermostat E is a smart device designed to learn your heating and cooling preferences and make adjustments according to them, generally within about week from installation. The Thermostat E has a 6-wire configuration that works with about 85% of available heating and cooling systems, and it comes in white with a frosted display to better blend into most homes.
How does the Thermostat E adapt to you? Initially, you set your preferences, and when you make manual adjustments to them, the Thermostat E picks up on the changes and adapts to them. For example, if you initially set that you want the temperature to be at 70° at 7 in the morning, but then a few times in the next several days you manually turn the heat up to 75° at 7AM, the Thermostat E will officially change the 7AM temperature to 75°. The same approach will be applied to all your other settings according to your preferences and habits. It also automatically adapts to seasonal changes.
Furthermore, when the Thermostat E detects that everyone has left the premises, it will turn the temperature off completely (or adjust it to a set minimum if you assign one), and as soon as someone is back home, the Thermostat E will turn everything back on according to what it knows you prefer at that particular time of day (or to a max setting if you assign one).
The Thermostat E is also capable of integrating with other Nest products and with Google Home. It can receive communication from the Nest Protect smoke alarm system to turn the furnace or fan off if Nest Protect detects dangerous carbon monoxide gas or smoke. It can inform the Nest Cam to turn on automatically when it knows you're away. And you can control the Thermostat E by telling Google Home what to do, such as "OK Google, change the temperature to 72°."
When the Thermostat E senses your presence and turns everything back on, it also lights up and displays the temperature. Energy costs are among the biggest in the home, and the Thermostat E helps you save substantially on them with this automatic Home/Away Assist feature. Nest is the first brand to have received ENERGY STAR certification for a thermostat, and retains that certification with the Thermostat E.
There are other energy-efficiency features as well. Energy History lets you check/monitor (via the Nest app) how much energy you use and why. Nest Leaf guides you in the right savings direction by showing you a leaf when you choose a temperature that saves energy.
To assign your preferences or otherwise control the Thermostat E, you can use the control ring on the device or the downloadable Nest mobile app on your iOS/Android phone or tablet via a Wi-Fi connection even when you're not home.
The Thermostat E is designed to be an affordable, energy-saving, and easy-to-use solution for your home. It runs on a built-in rechargeable battery and has a wall-mount design. If you need help installing it, Nest offers a professional installer finder tool on their website. Search for Nest Pro Finder and receive an estimate within 48 hours.
- Key Features
- Energy-saving smart thermostat for your home
- Learns your heating and cooling preferences and adapts to them
- 6-wire configuration compatible with most 24V heating and cooling systems (about 85% of available heating and cooling systems)
- Comes in white to better blend into most homes
- Turns the heat/cooling off (or to a set minimum) when detecting that no one is home
- Capable of communicating with the optional Nest Protect smoke alarm to turn off the heat or the fan in case of gas leaks or smoke
- Energy History review/monitoring tool
- Nest Leaf energy saving guidance tool
- Controllable via front panel or an included Nest iOS/Android mobile app
- Built-in rechargeable battery
- Wall-mount design
- Sensors: Temperature, Humidity, Proximity/Occupancy, Ambient light
- The Nest Thermostat E works with most 24V heating and cooling systems, including gas, electric, forced air, heat pump, radiant, oil, hot water, solar, and geothermal
- Heating and Cooling: 1 stage of heating (W1) and cooling (Y1), and a second stage of either heating (W2) or cooling (Y2)
- Heat Pump: with auxiliary and emergency heat (O/B, AUX)
- Fan (G)
- Power (C, Rh, or Rc)
- The Thermostat E is designed to work even if your home doesn't have a common (C) wire, but installing a new (C) wire may be required
- If you have a dual fuel system, professional installation is highly recommended
UPC: 813917020593 In the Box Nest Thermostat E Base Optional Trim Plate Set of Mounting Screws Set of Labels Pro Installation Card Limited 1-Year Warranty More info from Nest awtbduvfxzyqrwcaswvvutbvyzfxvqcwbe Table of Contents
- Professional Installation
- If you need help installing your Thermostat E, Nest offers a professional installer finder tool on their website — search for Nest Pro Finder and receive an estimate within 48 hours
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Nest Thermostat E in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Download User ManualThe user manual for the Nest Thermostat E can be downloaded in PDF format at the link stated below.
Nest Thermostat E Specs
| Display || 24-bit color LCD |
320 x 320 resolution at 182 ppi
1.8" (4.5 cm) diameter
| Battery || Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery |
| Connectivity Requirements || Wi-Fi internet connection |
Smartphone or tablet running iOS or Android
Nest app (free download)
| Wireless Connectivity || 802.11b/g/n 2.4 GHz, 802.11a/n 5 GHz |
802.15.4 at 2.4 GHz
Bluetooth low energy
| Certification || UL 60730-1, UL 60730-2-9, ENERGY STAR |
| Power Consumption || Less than 1 kWh/month |
| Languages || English, Dutch, French, Italian, Spanish |
| Dimensions || Height x Diameter: 1.1 x 3.2" (3 x 8 cm) |
| Weight || 0.3 lb (139 g) |
| Package Weight || 0.815 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 6.4 x 4.8 x 2.2" |
Rating98% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 35 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
Post new comment to Nest Thermostat E
|Subject: Operating Manual for the NEST E|
|Date: 01.04.2021 20:43:01||Name: Al Heidstra|
|Please email me a owners operating manual for my NEST E. thank you|
|Subject: user manual|
|Date: 19.02.2021 21:53:06||Name: janis jones|
|I need a user manual so that I can learn more about my new nest thermostat e because my installer did not leave one for me. Thank you |
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
I am looking for a user's manual for a Sawyer Pana Vue 4R slide viewer....
Rodelink Filmmaker kit...
Odyssey Innovative Designs LTMTS1PRO Mobile Crank Truss System...
NcSTAR 3-9x42 ...