User Manual for Nikon COOLPIX A Digital Camera Basic Kit - Refurbished Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Nikon COOLPIX A Digital Camera Basic
- Product category: Uncategorized Nikon
- Brand: Nikon
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Nikon Uncategorized
User manual for the Nikon COOLPIX A Digital Camera Basic contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Nikon product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Nikon user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Nikon product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
In the Box
- Nikon COOLPIX A Digital Camera (Black) The black Nikon COOLPIX A Digital Camera is a point-and-shoot equipped with a 16.2MP DX-format CMOS sensor for clear, detailed images--even in low light. The lack of an optical low-pass filter enables maximized resolution for exceptionally sharp details. The NIKKOR prime lens features a focal length of 18.5mm (35mm equivalent: 28mm) for wide-angle shooting, as well as a fast f/2.8 maximum aperture. Frame shots using the large 3.0-inch LCD monitor, which has a resolution of 921k pixels. Record Full HD 1080p video with stereo sound, and connect the supplied EG-CP16 cable for playback on your TV. Capture RAW (NEF) still images for a higher level of creative control.
Manual options like focus ring adjustment allow you to wield precision control over your compositions. Most of the operation system and the GUI are consistent with Nikon DSLRs. The Mode dial makes it easy to choose from AUTO, P (with Program shift), S, A and M exposure control modes, as well as two of your own personalized setting configurations: U1 and U2. Exposure bracketing is available in both manual and auto modes.
With Active D-Lighting, you're able to automatically reveal the details in both dark and light areas of high-contrast scenes, either by selecting Auto or choosing from several degrees of strength. Various in-camera image editing functions allow for simple creative touches. Options include Selective color for black-and-white images with just one or a couple colors remaining, Miniature effect, Color sketch, Filter effects, RAW processing and more.
Using the optional WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter and your compatible iOS or Android smartphone or tablet, benefit from Wi-Fi capability for easy photo and video sharing. Simply download and install the Wireless Mobile Utility application on your device, and you're good to go.
- DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- Large APS-C size sensor--the same one used in Nikon D-SLR cameras--features a resolution of 16.2MP. It works with the EXPEED 2 image-processing engine to produce sharp image quality, high ISO sensitivity up to 25,600 equivalent, and low noise. The processor manages image data with high speed and accuracy while preventing the generation of excess heat. With the removal of the optical low-pass filter, the COOLPIX A is able to capture images with exceptional sharpness and extremely fine detail. Micro-lenses located above the sensor are arranged to produce natural, edge-to-edge sharpness
- 28mm f/2.8 NIKKOR Prime Lens
- Despite its small size, the fine optics of this ultra-compact 18.5mm (35mm equivalent: 28mm) f/2.8 wide-angle NIKKOR lens are specially designed to deliver exceptional edge-to-edge sharpness, smooth tonal gradation, highly effective spherical aberration and coma correction--for consistent quality throughout the entire frame. Capture images comparable to those taken with D-SLR interchangeable lenses. The lens has an ultra-compact configuration of seven elements in five groups, as well as a seven-blade iris diaphragm for sharp detail at the focus points and pleasing background blur in the out-of-focus regions of the image
- 3.0" LCD
- Featuring an integrated panel and glass structure, the large 3.0-inch, 921k-pixel TFT LCD monitor remains viewable even in bright sunlight. The structure minimizes reflections and decreases light loss for clearer visibility, while providing a wide viewing angle. The LCD features 9-level brightness adjustment and offers approximately 100% horizontal and vertical coverage
- Comfort and Control
- The buttons, dials and switches on the camera have been designed and arranged to afford maximum comfort. Manual options like focus ring adjustment allow you to wield precision control over your compositions. Most of the operation system and the GUI are consistent with Nikon DSLRs. The camera features a tough aluminum alloy frame with a top surface covered by magnesium alloy for greater durability.
- Exposure Control
- You can control the COOLPIX A exposure options with the same operating system used by Nikon DSLR cameras. The Mode dial makes it easy to choose from AUTO, P (with Program shift), S, A and M exposure control modes, as well as two of your own personalized setting configurations: U1 and U2. For still photos, exposure compensation is +5 to -5 in 1/3 steps, while for videos, it's +2 to -2. AE lock, AE bracketing and manual with exposure bracketing are also available
- Contrast-detect AF with the following focus-area selections: Face-priority, normal area, wide area and subject-tracking AF
- Manual Focus Operation
- In addition to autofocus operation, the COOLPIX A has a manual focus ring for when you want to take creative control DSLR-style, with the ability to alter the focus plane slightly forward or backward. This can be especially helpful in macro work
- Full HD Movie Recording
- Capture Full HD 1080p videos at 30fps with stereo sound. The subject-tracking AF feature keeps even moving subjects in clear focus. By connecting an HDMI cable to the camera's HDMI mini port, you can output the movie to an HDTV for playback. The HDMI output provides the following resolution options: Auto, 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i
- Continuous Shooting at 4fps
- To help capture fast-moving action, the camera can perform continuous capture of full-resolution (16MP) images at up to 4 frames per second, for a maximum of 26 shots (when image quality is set to NORMAL)
- Active D-Lighting
- Reveal the details in both dark and light areas of high-contrast scenes. With Active D-Lighting, you can do it automatically. Set it either to Auto or select from several degrees of strength. Auto bracketing is also possible
- Picture Control
- Choose from six settings: Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Landscape and Portrait. When you desire further fine-tuning, you can manually adjust the sharpness, contrast, brightness, saturation and hue. The settings can be saved for future use
- Auto White Balance
- In order to determine an ideal white balance, this feature precisely analyzes scene color and brightness information. Select normal to render white as pure white, or choose to render the warmth of ambient, incandescent lighting. White balance bracketing is also available
- Built-in Flash
- TTL auto flash with monitor pre-flashes; manual flash control also available. The guide number is approximately 6' (21 m) when fired in manual mode at full power and ISO 100. Flash compensation: -3 - +1 EV in steps of 1/3 EV
- Retouch Menu
- Camera comes equipped with various in-camera image-editing functions. Selective color creates a black-and-white image in which only the specified color(s) remains. Miniature effect makes an image look like a small scene taken in macro mode, while Color sketch creates vivid, pop-art inspired images. Other options include: Red-eye correction, Trim (3:2, 4:3, 5:4, 16:9 and 1:1), Monochrome (Black-and-white, Sepia and Cyanotype), Filter effects (Skylight, Warm filter, Red/Green/Blue intensifier, Cross screen and Soft), Color balance, Resize, Image overlay, RAW processing, Edit movie, Quick retouch, Color outline, Straighten, Fisheye, and Perspective control
- Virtual Horizon
- The in-camera virtual horizon feature can detect and display horizontal inclination on the LCD monitor. This function is especially useful when shooting subjects such as still lifes, landscapes and architecture
- Choose 20, 10, 5 or 2 sec delay
- Wi-Fi via Optional WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter
- With the optional WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter connected, you can wirelessly transmit images taken by the COOLPIX A to a smart device with Wireless Mobile Utility installed, allowing you to share your photos and videos via email or social networking services (SNS). Additionally, you can use your compatible smartphone or tablet as a remote shutter release for the camera while using the device screen as a monitor
- Supplied ViewNX 2 Software
- This simple and intuitive software helps you get the most out of your images and movies after shooting. ViewNX 2 provides importing and browsing capability while also incorporating image-editing functions such as Resize, Brightness, Crop, Straighten and NEF (RAW) image processing. High-definition and high-quality RAW processing is achieved by utilizing the same processing algorithm as Capture NX 2 that faithfully reproduces Nikon image quality. Its movie-editing functions help you create your own original movies quickly and easily, and Nikon's new and improved image sharing and storage service, NIKON IMAGE SPACE, works smoothly with ViewNX 2, allowing you to log in directly from the software for easy uploading without activating a browser.
- File System
- DCF, Exif 2.3, DPOF, and PictBridge compliant
- Supported Languages
- Arabic, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, European Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Recommended Optional Accessories
- The DF-CP1 Optical Viewfinder gives you more freedom in determining composition. It covers the angle of view of a 28mm (35mm equivalent) lens and provides 90% frame coverage at infinity. You can use the UR-E24 Adapter Ring to attach an HN-CP18 lens hood and filters with a diameter of 46mm. The hood prevents unwanted stray light from entering your lens, thereby minimizing flare. Nikon's range of Speedlight flash units are also available to give you more power and creative control than the built-in flash can offer. Record your shooting locations via the GP-1 GPS Unit, which appends the latitude, longitude and altitude to EXIF data.
- Recommended Optional Capture NX 2 Software
- Nikon's RAW images (NEF: Nikon Electronic Format) maintain extremely rich data. Only Nikon's Capture NX 2 can fully utilize this data with its optimized file format and software processing algorithms. With the enhanced speed of the algorithms, high-speed processing is achieved. This enables high-speed, stress-free editing even if the data size is large. Also, Capture NX 2 supports 64-bit (native) to realize a comfortable working environment. You can focus on editing with ease because it is possible to leave the original image intact with NEF editing. In addition to the intuitive and simple editing using Color Control Points, it incorporates various functions such as Auto Retouch brush, Batch Processing, Quick Fix, Straighten Tool, Vignette Control, Auto Color Aberration Control and Distortion Control
- SanDisk 32GB Extreme UHS-I SDHC Memory Card Built to meet the demands of photographers and passionate shutterbugs who are using advanced cameras and HD camcorders, the 32GB Extreme UHS-I SDHC Memory Card from SanDisk allows users to take advantage of functions such as fast action shots, continuous burst mode, and multiple frames per second. It features a capacity of 32GB, is compatible with the UHS-I bus, and delivers maximum read speeds of up to 90 MB/s and maximum write speeds of up to 40 MB/s. This Extreme UHS-I SDHC card supports the V30 speed class, which guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. If your device does not support the V30 speed class, this card also supports the U3 speed class, which likewise guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. If your device only supports the Class 10 standard, minimum write speeds are guaranteed not to drop below 10 MB/s.
Built for extreme conditions, SanDisk's 32GB Extreme UHS-I SDHC Memory Card is water, shock, and x-ray proof, while also being able to withstand temperatures from -13 to 185°F, allowing for use in environments such as snow and deserts. A built-in write protect switch further helps to safeguard your content, while advanced Error Correction Code engine offers improved data integrity and card reliability during read and write operations. Downloadable RescuePRO data recovery software helps you restore accidentally deleted images. The card also has a writable label on its surface and the included jewel case makes for easy storage and organization. This card is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
- Faster Performance and Downloads
- With write speeds up to 40 MB/s, this card unleashes the full shooting potential of your advanced camera or DSLR. Take advantage of advanced functions such as fast action shots, continuous burst mode, and multiple frames per second. Photos are written to your card almost instantly so you'll get your best shot, and you'll save time moving it all from your camera to your computer.
- Capacity for High-Resolution Photos and Videos
- With a capacity of 32GB to capture it all, this SanDisk Extreme UHS-I Card offers enough room for thousands of high-resolution photos. The card can accommodate high-volume image formats, such as RAW and JPEG, and also provides plenty of room for Full HD videos.
- 4K and Full HD Video Recording
- With Class 10, UHS Speed Class 3 (U3), and V30 video ratings, you'll be ready to capture 4K Ultra HD, cinema quality 3D, and Full HD video (1080p), which require more performance than ordinary cards can handle. This memory card's accelerated minimum sustained write speeds help ensure that video data isn't lost during recording, by reducing dropouts and stuttering.
- Error Correction for Enhanced Relability
- Thanks to its Advanced Error Correction Code engine, this SanDisk Extreme UHS-I SDHC card helps reduce the chance for errors during data storage and retrieval. It prevents potential data corruption, providing high data integrity.
- Fast Transfer Speeds Reduce Upload Times
- SanDisk Extreme UHS-I SDHC cards boast a read speed of up to 90 MB/s, so you can transfer photos and videos to your computer quickly. You'll spend less time uploading photos and more time editing, storing, and sharing.
- Durable Design
- Designed and tested to withstand the tough conditions, this card has a capacity of 32GB and is waterproof, shockproof, and X-ray proof. It can operate in temperatures ranging from -13 to 185°F, so you can work in almost any climate.
- RescuePRO Software
- SanDisk RescuePRO and RescuePRO Deluxe software are file and data recovery products for recovering deleted files from all types of digital media.
- COOLPIX A Digital Camera (Black) eebayqdeswvsaabdryxufsbcvrfeuwcxwsxd
- EN-EL20 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- MH-27 Battery Charger
- USB Cable
- Camera Strap
- BS-1 Hot Shoe Cover
- ViewNX 2 Software CD-ROM
- 90-Day Refurbished Warranty
Table of Contents
- SanDisk - 32GB Extreme UHS-I SDHC Memory Card
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Nikon COOLPIX A Digital Camera Basic Kit - Refurbished in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
- Nikon COOLPIX A Digital Camera (Black)
| Pixels || Actual: 16.93 Megapixel |
Effective: 16.2 Megapixel
| Sensor || DX (23.6 x 15.6 mm) CMOS |
| File Formats || Still Images: JPEG, RAW |
Audio: Linear PCM
| Max Resolution || 16.1 MP: 4928 x 3264 |
| Aspect Ratio || 3:2 |
| Lens || NIKKOR, 7 Elements in 5 Groups |
Effective Focal Length: 18.5mm (35 mm Equivalent: 28mm)
Aperture: f/2.8 (W) to f/22 (T)
| Focus Range || Auto: 19.69" to Infinity / 50.01 cm to Infinity |
Macro: 3.94" to Infinity / 10.01 cm to Infinity
| ISO Sensitivity || 100 to 25600 |
| Shutter || Type: Electronic & Mechanical |
Speed: 30 to 1/2000
| Exposure Metering || Center-Weighted, Matrix, Spot |
| Exposure Modes || Modes: AE Bracketing, AE Lock, Aperture Priority, Auto, Manual, Programmed Auto, Shutter Priority |
Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 EV Steps)
| Shooting Modes || Landscape |
| White Balance || Auto |
| Continuous Shooting || Up to 4 fps at 16 MP for up to 26 Exposures |
| Self-Timer || 5 Sec |
| Remote Control || ML-L3 (Optional) |
| Flash Modes || TTL Auto |
| Built-In Flash || Yes |
| Effective Flash Range || 1.64 to 37.73' / 0.50 to 11.50 m |
| External Flash Connection || Hot Shoe |
| Memory Card Type || SD |
| Video Recording || Yes |
| Resolution || 1920 x 1080: 30 fps, 25 fps, 24 fps |
1280 x 720: 30 fps, 25 fps, 24 fps
| Video Clip Length || Up to 29 Minutes 59 Seconds |
| Audio Recording || With Video (Stereo) |
| Screen || 3.0" LCD Widescreen (921,000 Pixels) |
| Connectivity || HDMI C (Mini) |
| Wi-Fi || Yes via Optional Adapter |
| Battery || EN-EL20 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1020 mAh |
| AC Power Adapter || EH-5b (Not Included) |
| Dimensions (W x H x D) || 4.4 x 2.5 x 1.6" / 111.8 x 63.5 x 40.6 mm excluding projections |
| Weight || 10.6 oz / 300.5 g including battery and memory card |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 7.8 x 5.4 x 3.4" |
- SanDisk 32GB Extreme UHS-I SDHC Memory Card
| Card Type || SDHC |
| Storage Capacity || 32 GB |
| Bus Type || UHS-I |
| Speed Class || 10 |
| UHS Speed Class || U3 |
| Video Speed Class || V30 |
| Bus Interface Speed || UHS Class I |
| Data Transfer || Read Speed: 90 MB/s Maximum (Burst) |
Write Speed: 40 MB/s Maximum (Burst)
Write Speed: 30 MB/s Minimum
| Durability || Shockproof, Temperature Extremes, Waterproof, X-Ray Proof |
| Operating Temperature || -13 to 185°F/ -25 to 85°C |
| Storage Temperature || -40 to 185°F/ -40 to 85°C |
| Error Correction || Yes |
| Built-in Write-Protect Switch || Yes |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 4.5 x 4.0 x 0.1" |
Rating100% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 14 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
Easy One Wireless 2. Wireless Charging Car Mount Dash and Windshield...
Jay Turser JTB134
Semi Hollow 4 String Bass Guitar ...
Military marine 8x30 binocular...
Pom Gear Sport Pods
Mackie Thump15A 1300W 15” powered loudspeaker...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
I have a CyberPower 1000VA unit that won't stop humming
Name: Daryle W Hier
CyberPower CP1000AVRLCD Intelligent LCD UPS
We had a power surge during a storm and it set off our two UPS units. The one we just hit the on off button a couple times and it came back on without the humming. However the other one, which is only a couple years old, keeps humming. We've turn it off and back on again and it s...
Funcionará este flash con una canon T100
Name: brayan Cerdas Pereira
Neewer NW670 TTL Flash for Canon
Tengo la duda ya qué el flash viene con 5 contactos y la canon T100 viene con 4 contactos no trae pin central. ...
Wi Fi range
Name: chops huysamen
ezviz ezNVR X5C 8-Channel Wi-Fi NVR
Hi there I am having an issue with getting my 4 Ezviz cameras. I have tried everything. The NVR is situated about 50 metres from the furthest 2 cameras. The 2 closer ones at about 25 metres away. The NVR used to be in the middle of the 4 cameras.
I had to move our fibre from the...
Name: Jan Samuelsson
Logitech MK850 Performance Wireless Keyboard and
How do I "print screen" with this keyboard? (MK 850).
Please e-mail me a pdf-manual for keyboard and mouse (MK 850)...
IK Multimedia AXE I O Audio Interface
Name: Zdeněk Götz
IK Multimedia AXE I O Audio
I bought an AX I/ O and now I want to connect it to my computer. But I have it 8 meters from the AX and when I use a normal USB cable, I was told that it is not able to transmit the signal further than 4.5 meters. So I bought AXAGON ADR-205 USB REPEATER CABLE 5 M and wi...