User Manual for Nintendo 3DS XL Handheld Gaming System Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Nintendo 3DS XL Handheld Gaming System
- Product category: Nintendo 3DS Consoles Nintendo
- Brand: Nintendo
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Nintendo Nintendo 3DS Consoles
User manual for the Nintendo 3DS XL Handheld Gaming System contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Nintendo product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Nintendo user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Nintendo product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Achieve total immersion with dual large screens and 3D graphics with the Galaxy Style 2015 version of the 3DS XL Handheld Gaming System from Nintendo. The Nintendo 3DS is compatible with all 3DS and eShop games, as well as most DS and DSi games. Also, certain future releases will only be available on this Nintendo 3DS XL 2015 model. Designed for the family, the Nintendo 3DS XL has a 3D depth slider, a 3D camera, face-tracking 3D capabilities, StreetPass, SpotPass, wireless connectivity, and even access to the Miiverse online community. Note: AC Adapter is not included. You can use any Nintendo 3DS, 2DS, 3DS XL, or DSi charger with the new Nintendo 3DS XL.
- Face-Tracking 3D
- The face-tracking feature uses the system's inner cameras to adjust images based on your viewing angle, so you can enjoy total immersion in your games.
- Improved Controls
- The C stick brings added control possibilities (like intuitive camera control) to compatible games. And the added ZL and ZR buttons give you more options than before.
- Built-in amiibo Support
- Tap an amiibo figure to the near-field communication (NFC) reader on the lower screen to enjoy amiibo features in compatible games. Get bonus items and content, customize your character, and more when you use amiibo figures (like Mario) with amiibo-compatible games.
- More Power
- Improved CPU performance means faster loading times, so you spend more time playing. Many games will look and play better and several upcoming games will be built from the ground up to take advantage of this power boost.
- Play More Games
- You can still play all Nintendo 3DS games and nearly all games from previous systems such as Nintendo DS and DSi. And, some future titles will be exclusively playable on this 2015 version of Nintendo 3DS XL.
- Data Sharing
- You can transfer your photos, music, and other files between a PC and your system's microSDHC card via a wireless network. No need to remove the microSDHC card.
- Improved Web Browsing
- The improved Internet browser lets you watch videos and surf the Web with ease. You can even use the ZL/ZR buttons to switch tabs or zoom in with the C stick. You can browse the web right from your 3DS XL from anywhere with a wireless Wi-Fi network. You can pause your game at any point to search a website for game hints or catch up with email and news.
- Improved Camera
- Enjoy improved results when you take photos in low-light situations.
- 3D Screen
- The Nintendo 3DS XL system features a stereoscopic 3D display on the top screen to give objects within the game world a feeling of space and depth. It becomes easier to see the position of characters and obstacles, making many game experiences even more intuitive for all types of players.
- 3D Depth Slider
- A built-in 3D Depth Slider allows you to adjust the intensity of the 3D settings on the Nintendo 3DS XL system to your preference. The 3D effect can also be turned down completely. All Nintendo 3DS games and applications can also be played in 2D.
- 3D Camera
- The Nintendo 3DS XL system can take photos in 3D, thanks to the two outward-facing lenses. Capture eye-popping images of your friends and family, have fun with filters like the Merge lens, or even use the system's AR technology and included AR Cards to make Mii characters and Nintendo heroes appear in the real world with you. You can share your 3D photos with others by submitting them to the Nintendo 3DS Photo Showcase. Browse featured galleries or submit your own masterpiece to the Showcase. In a creative mood? You can record your own 3D videos, or 3D stop-motion animation using the built-in 3D camera.
- Motion Sensor & Gyro Sensor
- Portable play controls allow for unique gameplay mechanics. A built-in motion sensor and gyro sensor can react to the motion and tilt of the system, so whether players are twisting their systems side to side or moving them up and down, their motion-compatible Nintendo 3DS games respond instantly.
- Analog Control
- With the Circle Pad, located above the D-pad, the Nintendo 3DS XL offers full analog control. Combined with the touchscreen, traditional buttons, camera and microphone input, and advanced motion control of the Motion Sensor and Gyro Sensor, the Nintendo 3DS XL provides a variety of ways to interact and play.
- The Nintendo 3DS XL comes with a Stylus to allow for precise touch controls on the bottom screen.
- Two Screens
- On the Nintendo 3DS XL, a widescreen display on the top screen shows an 800 x 240 pixel resolution, allocating 400 pixels for each eye to create the 3D effect. The bottom LCD touch screen operates at a 320 x 240 resolution. Both screens are capable of displaying a brilliant 16.77 million colors.
- SD Memory Card Included
- The Nintendo 3DS XL comes packed with a 4GB SD memory card. You can use this SD memory card to store your 3D photos, sound recordings created on the system, and music from your PC. You can also use it to store games downloaded from the Nintendo eShop. The Nintendo 3DS XL features SDHC card compatibility to increase your storage space even further.
- Backwards Compatibility
- Almost all existing Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi games can be played on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems in 2D. With backwards compatibility, your existing portable games look and play just as well. If you've downloaded Nintendo DSiWare games and applications on your Nintendo DSi system, you can transfer most of those games to the Nintendo 3DS XL. You can also transfer downloaded software, sounds, and images between systems in the Nintendo 3DS family. Some games cannot be transferred. See the full list on Nintendo's official website.
Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi games will be displayed in 2D graphics.
Select Nintendo DS games that use accessories in the Game Boy Advance slot of the Nintendo DS system are not compatible with the Nintendo 3DS XL.
Flipnote Studio cannot be transferred to the Nintendo 3DS XL. Nintendo will be developing a similar application for the Nintendo 3DS XL.
A system update may be required for some features.
- Mii Maker
- After choosing just a few basic settings, take a photo of yourself or a friend with the built-in camera, and let the Mii Maker application automatically generate your Mii character. Then make any final adjustments and your Mii is ready.
- Miiverse is an online community available directly from your Nintendo 3DS XL system. It lets you chat with other fans about your favorite games, share your accomplishments, or give tips to other players. You can post typed messages, screenshots from compatible games, or even your own drawings. Access Miiverse at any time from the Home menu on your Nintendo 3DS XL.
- StreetPass Mii Plaza
- Meet and play with Mii characters created by other gamers. Simply carry your system with you in Sleep Mode and it'll collect Mii information and send yours when you pass other players in the street. When you visit StreetPass Mii Plaza, you'll see the Mii characters you've collected.
- Nintendo Zone
- Bring your Nintendo 3DS XL to any of over 29,000 locations to receive an automatic and free connection to Wi-Fi. Once connected, discover Nintendo Zone, where you can watch 3D videos, full length animations and sports highlights, play demos and trivia challenges, find retailer promotions and coupons, and more. To get started, tap the blinking Nintendo Zone icon on the HOME Menu of your system.
- Nintendo eShop
- The Nintendo eShop is the digital store for the Nintendo 3DS XL. It's a one-stop shop for a range of content that is downloadable right to your system. Discover software such as original Nintendo games, portable Virtual Console games, and more than 350 Nintendo DSiWare games. You can also view video game trailers, screenshots, and info for downloadable and retail games.
- Nintendo 3DS Sound
- The Nintendo 3DS Sound application lets you listen to your favorite music saved on an SD card in MP3 or AAC format. You can even record and play with sounds via your system's microphone with a variety of fun filters.
- Included Games
- AR Games uses the outer cameras and AR Cards included with the Nintendo 3DS XL to present an augmented-reality gaming experience. Just place one of the AR Cards on a table or floor, and the camera will read the card and initiate game stages or characters right before your eyes. AR Games features different modes, from a wild shooting gallery to an interactive photo shoot with your Mii characters and more.
- Activity Log
- The Activity Log tracks both your game play activity, noting which games you've played and how long you've played them, as well as your physical activity, counting every step you take while carrying your system. Track your data by day, week, month, or year and walk more every day to earn Play Coins, which can be used with compatible games and applications to acquire special content and a variety of other benefits.
- The SpotPass feature allows the Nintendo 3DS XL to automatically communicate with a nearby wireless LAN access point, enabling it to connect to the Internet and transmit a variety of data, such as free software, photos and videos, notifications, system updates, and other information.
UPC: 045496782023 In the Box Nintendo 3DS XL Handheld Gaming System (2015 Version, Galaxy Style) Stylus 6 x AR Cards 4GB microSDHC Memory Card 1-Year Limited Warranty Table of Contents
- Included Software
- AR Games
- Face Raiders
- Mii Maker
- StreetPass Mii Plaza
- Activity Log
- Nintendo eShop
- Nintendo 3DS Browser
- Nintendo 3DS Camera
- Nintendo 3DS Sound
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Nintendo 3DS XL Handheld Gaming System in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Nintendo REDSUBAA Specs
| Display || Top Screen |
Type: 3D-Enabled Widescreen LCD (face-tracking 3D-ready)
Size: 4.88" (12.4 cm)
Resolution: 800 x 240 (400 pixels allocated for each eye in 3D mode)
Colors Supported: 16.77 million
Type: Touchscreen LCD
Size: 4.18" (10.6 cm)
Resolution: 320 x 240
Colors Supported: 16.77 million
| Wireless Frequency || 2.4 GHz |
| Wireless Standard || IEEE802.11b/g |
| Wireless Range || Within 98' / 30 m (depending on conditions, the distance may be less) |
| Camera || Lens |
Active Pixel Count
| Clock || Maximum Daily Variance |
± 4 seconds
| Speaker || Stereo (with pseudo-surround support) |
| Input/Output || 1 x Game Card slot |
1 x microSDHC card slot
1 x AC adapter connector
1 x Charging cradle terminal
1 x Stereo headphone output jack
| Sensors || Motion sensor |
| Infrared || Within 8" / 20 cm (depending on conditions, the distance may be less) |
| Maximum Power Consumption || 4.1 W (approx. while charging) |
| Operating Environment || Temperature |
41 - 95°F / 5 - 35°C
20 - 80%
| Charge Time || 3 hours & 20 minutes (approx.) |
| Battery || Model |
| AC Adapter || AC Adapter not included. You can use any Nintendo 3DS, 2DS, 3DS XL, or DSi charger with the New Nintendo 3DS XL. |
| Dimensions || 3.6 x 6.3 x 0.8" / 9.3 x 16.0 x 2.2 cm (when closed) |
| Weight || 11.8 oz / 336.0 g (including battery pack, stylus, & SD card) |
| Package Weight || 1.1 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 7.1 x 5.1 x 1.5" |
Rating94% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 25 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
Smallrig Master Kit for BMPCC 6K Pro 3582...
Aqua vu vpg...
Easy riser notebook cooling stand Model # K60112...
I need a User's Manual for a Polaroid iso48 Digiyal Camera....
Apple i phone tech21...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
Name: Rex Puxted
Swann 8-Channel 4K UHD NVR with
Everything was up and working OK. Then I changed to a higher resolution. Now the whole screen has slightly shifted to the left. Now I can't access the menu at the bottom left. Help !!
Name: Ernest L Johnson, how to stop
HP DeskJet 3755 All-in-One Inkjet Printer
When I turn printer on it starts to print thr last job I did. I dont know how to stop this. I have turned off the printer and also unpluged it. HELP ...
Name: Thomas Rodgerson
Polaroid iS048 Digital Camera
How can I get a Owner's Manual for a Polaroid iso48 digital Camera?...
Name: sam stacey Stacey
Canon Pixma TS9520 Wireless All-In-One Printer
my printer is doing the same thing as barbara no printing but goes through all the noises that it is lots of ink ??...
Power supply cable
Name: Brian Borden
COUGAR Panzer Evo RGB Full-Tower Case
Hello I was putting my the internal parts together when I ran in to a problem. I have the rgb hub for the fans but did not have a cable for the power supply to this box. Was it suppose to be include or are these sold separately? ...