User Manual for Onkyo SBT-A500 300-Watt 3.1.2-Channel Network Soundbar System Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Onkyo SBT-A500 300-Watt 3.1.2-Channel Network Soundbar
- Product category: Soundbar Speakers Onkyo
- Brand: Onkyo
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Onkyo Soundbar Speakers
User manual for the Onkyo SBT-A500 300-Watt 3.1.2-Channel Network Soundbar contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Onkyo product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Onkyo user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Onkyo product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description How to Choose a Soundbar System Read More Enjoy an immersive home theater experience with the Onkyo SBT-A500 300-Watt 3.1.2-Channel Network Soundbar System. The soundbar features a 3.1.2-channel configuration, which accounts for the included wireless subwoofer and integrated up-firing Atmos speakers, which will serve the same function for DTS:X-encoded media. The included receiver features an optical, USB, stereo RCA, and four HDMI inputs, plus an ARC-compatible HDMI output. Built-in Bluetooth technology allows you to stream wirelessly from your compatible devices. The soundbar can either be placed on a shelf or wall-mounted. Note: Access to certain Internet-based content may require a subscription to a service. Not all services are available in all areas.
- Multi-Driver Soundbar System
- Pairs of drivers are featured on the left, right, and center channels, while separate woofers reproduce height effects. With a 2.75" profile, the multi-driver soundbar is designed to deliver powerful sound with a clear view of the screen.
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X Object-Based Audio
- DTS:X and Dolby Atmos are designed to make sound come from all directions, even above, with angled drivers bouncing effects off the ceiling and into the audience. No extra speakers or cables are required–just immersive sound from all around.
- Stream Anything via DTS Play-Fi
- A free app for iOS and Android devices, DTS Play-Fi technology collects network audio (including streaming services, internet radio, and network files) into one interface for casting to any compatible speaker. DTS Play-Fi technology supports multi-room distribution and can cast different sources to different speakers simultaneously and will be enabled after a future firmware update.
- Onkyo Controller App
- Network audio is at your fingertips and ready for streaming with the Onkyo Controller app and selectable 2.4/5 GHz Wi-Fi for connection stability.
- Play Music via Chromecast built-in, Wi-Fi, AirPlay, and Bluetooth
- Chromecast built-in, AirPlay, and dual-band 2.4/5 GHz Wi-Fi are included for app-based music streaming, while Spotify Connect lets subscribers stream direct from the Spotify app. Bluetooth connectivity rounds out the lineup for wireless music streaming. Apple device users can also mirror audio from a range of apps over AirPlay, or just stream from your device using Bluetooth wireless technology.
- Internet Radio and On-Demand Streaming
- TIDAL, Deezer, TuneIn, and Pandora are built into the GUI, allowing you to select music using the Onkyo Controller app or the included remote.
- A Variety of Listening Modes
- A suite of sound programs are on-hand, including Surround Enhancer, a listening mode based on Dolby technology, which wraps sound around the audience by means of virtual rear speakers. DTS Neural:X, meanwhile, upmixes multichannel formats to 3D audio, while a variety of DSP programs tweak audio response to suit music, movies, and games.
- UltraHD and HDR Compatibility
- The SBT-A500's HDMI specifications and HDCP 2.2 compatibility support features such as 4:4:4 color space and 4K @ 50/60 Hz, which is four times the clarity of 1080p/60 video resolution. The SBT-A500 enables transmission of High Dynamic Range (HDR) formats, with BT.2020 support, and provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. The SBT-A500 also upscales 1080p video to 4K UltraHD.
- Supports FireConnect Multi-Room Audio
- FireConnect, a technology by Blackfire Research Corp., mirrors any audio playing through your main entertainment system on optional wireless FireConnect speakers placed around the home. Playback control across zones is via the Onkyo Controller app. FireConnect will be enabled after a future firmware update.
- Digital, Independent Amplification
- The receiver's slim 2.75" form contains a digital amplification system with an independent power supply to deliver clean power to the sound bar. The wireless sub has its own 50W amp for enhanced low frequency effects (LFEs) in movies and games.
- Designed for Simple Connectivity
- The SBT-A500 system sends five audio channels to the soundbar via one pin-type Multichannel Audio Cable to eliminate the need for a multitude of wires. Plug your players into the receiver, link to the TV with a single HDMI cable, and enjoy the simplified installation process.
In the Box Onkyo SBT-A500 300-Watt 3.1.2-Channel Network Soundbar System Remote Control 2 x AAA Batteries Indoor FM Antenna Speaker Setup Microphone Soundbar Connection Cable 4 x Non-Skid Pads Power Cord for Subwoofer Limited 2-Year Warranty Bose: The New Lineup of Home Speaker Systems Richard L. Stevens 10/11/2014 brxqeacvfqrbsb Table of Contents
- Additional Features
- Discrete dialog control technology for DTS:X
- Multiple listening mode enhancement modes
- CinemaFILTER Audio Mode
- AccuEQ room calibration with AccuReflex
- A/V sync function from -100 to 500 ms in 5 ms steps
- HDMI support for 4K, 60 Hz, and HDR, plus 3D, ARC, and CEC
- HDCP 2.2 copy-protection compatibility
- DSD support – 2.1-channel at 2.8 MHz, 5.6 MHz; multichannel at 2.8 MHz
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n dual-band 2.4 / 5.8 GHz wireless network
- Built-in Bluetooth version 4.1+LE
- Ethernet control and RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI)
- Smart Grid Ready
- Wall-mountable soundbar design
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Onkyo SBT-A500 300-Watt 3.1.2-Channel Network Soundbar System in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Onkyo SBT-A500 Specs
| Channels || 3.1.2 |
| Power Output || 50 W per channel @ 4 Ohms, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 2-channels driven, FTC |
| Audio Formats Supported || Dolby: Atmos, TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus |
DTS: DTS:X, DTS-HD, DTS Master Audio
| File Support || MP3, WMA, WAV, AIFF, AIF, AIFC, AFC, AAC, M4A, MP4, 3GP, 3G2, FLAC, DSD, DSF, DFF, VR, MLP |
| Pass-Through || 3D, 4K, HDR, BT.2020, Deep Color, x.v.Color, LipSync, CEC |
| Upscaling || 1080p to 4K |
| ARC (Audio Return Channel) || Yes |
| Wireless Connectivity || Bluetooth 4.1 + LE |
Dual-band 2.4 / 5 GHz IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi
DTS Play-Fi (via future firmware update)
FireConnect (via future firmware update)
Wireless connection to subwoofer
| Inputs || 4 x HDMI |
1 x USB (front)
1 x Optical TOSLINK
1 x Stereo RCA
| Outputs || 1 x HDMI |
1 x 1/8" (3.5 mm) headphone (front)
| Speaker Connectors || 1 x Proprietary connector to soundbar |
| Other Connections || 1 x Ethernet |
1 x FM antenna
1 x Speaker setup mic in
| HDCP Standard || 2.2 (on all HDMI inputs and output) |
| AM/FM Tuner || No / Yes |
| AM/FM Presets || 40 |
| FM Frequency Range || 87.5 to 107.9 MHz |
| Input Sensitivity and Impedance || 200 mV / 47 kOhm (line, unbalanced) |
| Tone Control || Bass: ±10 dB, 90 Hz |
Treble: ±10 dB, 7.5 kHz
| Signal-to-Noise Ratio || 80 dB (digital, IHF-A) |
| Drivers || Front L/R: 4x 2.75 x 1.56" (70 x 40 mm) cone woofers |
Center: 2x 2.75 x 1.56" (70 x 40 mm) cone woofers
Height L/R: 2x 2.28" (58 mm) cone woofers
| Frequency Response || 100 Hz to 20 kHz |
| Enclosure Type || Acoustic suspension |
| Input || Proprietary connection from receiver |
| Output Sound Pressure Level || Front L/R, Center: 78 dB / W / m |
Height L/R: 78.6 dB / W / m
| Wall Mountable || Yes |
| Enclosure || Bass reflex |
| Driver || 1x 6.5" (16 cm) cone |
| Power Output || 50 W @ 4 Ohms, 100 Hz, 1% THD, FTC |
| Output Sound Pressure Level || 90 dB / W / m |
| Frequency Response || 30 to 200 Hz |
| Operating Power Consumption || Receiver: 60 W |
Subwoofer: 15 W
| Standby Power Consumption || Receiver, Network Off: 0.2 W |
Receiver, Network On: 2 W
Subwoofer: 0.32 W
| Power Requirements || Receiver, Subwoofer: 100 to 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz |
| Dimensions (W x H x D) || Receiver, with Stand: 17.13 x 2.75 x 12.81" (435 x 70 x 325.5 mm) |
Soundbar: 37.38 x 2.19 x 3.13" (950 x 55 x 80 mm)
Subwoofer: 10.25 x 13.25 x 10.63" (261 x 337 x 269 mm)
| Weight || Receiver: 8.8 lb (4 kg) |
Soundbar: 5.07 lb (2.3 kg)
Subwoofer: 13.67 lb (6.2 kg)
| Package Weight || 40.0 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 42.5 x 20.2 x 14.0" |
Rating60% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 79 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment: