User Manual for Onkyo TX-8140 2.1-Channel Network Stereo Receiver Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Onkyo TX-8140 2.1-Channel Network Stereo Receiver
- Product category: Receivers Onkyo
- Brand: Onkyo
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Onkyo Receivers
User manual for the Onkyo TX-8140 2.1-Channel Network Stereo Receiver contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Onkyo product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Onkyo user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Onkyo product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Enjoy wireless connectivity and Internet radio access with the Onkyo TX-8140 2.1-Channel Network Stereo Receiver. It has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth built-in so you can stream wirelessly from your smart devices or directly access services such as Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM, and more. Two Wi-Fi antennas are on the back of the receiver for optimized signal range. This receiver features Onkyo's WRAT amplifier technology and outputs up to 80W per channel at 8 Ohms.
The TX-8140 has two digital coaxial, two optical, six stereo RCA, and one phono RCA input for connecting a variety of sources. It is also equipped with a USB port for interfacing with a USB storage device for direct playback. You can connect up to two pairs of speakers and switch between having either one or both of them on. Note: Access to certain Internet-based content may require a subscription to a service. Not all services are available in all areas.
- Realistic & Clean Audio
- A high current enables enhanced control of the speakers for accurate and dynamic sound. It's the cornerstone of Onkyo's Wide Range Amplification Technology (WRAT) system, and it is designed to create a well-focused and realistic audio image. The TX-8140 delivers stereo power at 80W/Ch (8 Ohms, 20 Hz to 20 kHz, 0.1%, 2 Channels Driven, FTC) or 110W/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 0.1%, 1 Channel Driven, FTC).
- Bluetooth / Wi-Fi with Pandora & Spotify
- The TX-8140 has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technologies built-in. The free Onkyo Remote app puts a range of streaming options at your fingertips, from universal Hi-Res audio via network-attached devices, to Internet streaming services, to music on your smartphone and tablet. Or pair up and enjoy whatever's playing on your Bluetooth-compatible device for cinematic sound. It also comes loaded with Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM Internet Radio, Slacker, and TuneIn. You can select a station and search for music available on these services via the Onkyo Remote app on your phone.
- Low-Distortion Sound from Any Format
- An Asahi Kasei AK4452 digital-to-analog converter unlocks the potential of any audio format with its low-distortion, sound-enhancing filtering technologies.
- Quick Access Presets
- Get instant access to four of your favorite FM/AM or Internet radio stations at the touch of a button. Four preset buttons on the faceplate go straight to the stations. You can even wake up the receiver from standby mode by pressing one of these buttons for instant radio.
- Hi-Res Clarity & Detail
- The TX-8140 is engineered for universal Hi-Res compatibility and ease of use. Use the remote app to select your 192/24 or 5.6 MHz DSD files on your computer or NAS and bask in the clarity and detail of high-resolution music.
- Rediscover the Magic of Vinyl
- Connect your turntable to the phono input and the TX-8140 will faithfully reproduce your vinyl's authentic stereo sound.
- Amplifier, Connection, and Tuner Features
- Non-phase-shift amp design for realistic sound imaging
- Discrete amplifier design
- Two 8200 µF high-current capacitors
- Plays music from mass-storage-class USB memory devices
- Supports Onkyo Remote app for control of receiver via iOS or Android devices
- Plays compressed, lossless, and high-res audio via local network (MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, Apple Lossless, DSD 5.6 MHz, and LPCM)
- Certified with Windows 8 and DLNA version 1.5
- Direct Mode
- Preset station naming (up to 10 characters)
UPC: 751398012389 In the Box Onkyo TX-8140 2.1-Channel Network Stereo Receiver Remote Control 2 x AAA Batteries Indoor FM Antenna AM Loop Antenna Limited 2-Year Warranty User Manual PDF 3mb Table of Contents
- Additional Features
- Anti-vibration oval chassis
- Banana-plug-compatible speaker posts
- Front USB port supports WAV 96 kHz, DSD 2.8 MHz, and MP3 playback
- Auto power-on via optical connector when signal is detected
- Independent bass, treble, and balance controls
- Network standby capability
- Three-mode display dimmer (normal/dim/dimmer)
- Sleep timer
- Battery-free memory backup
- Compatible with RI (Remote Interactive) dock for iPod/iPhone
- Includes full-function IR remote control
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Onkyo TX-8140 2.1-Channel Network Stereo Receiver in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Onkyo TX-8140 Specs
| Channels || 2.1 |
| Power Output per Channel || 80 W per channel (8 Ohms, 20 Hz to 20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2-channels driven, FTC) |
110 W per channel (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 0.1% THD, 1-channel driven, FTC)
| Dynamic Power per Channel || 110 W (8 Ohms, front) |
170 W (4 Ohms, front)
190 W (3 Ohms, front)
| THD & Noise || 0.08% (20 Hz to 20 kHz, half power) |
| Input Sensitivity and Impedance || 200 mV/47 k-ohms (Line) |
3.5 mV/47 k-ohms (Phono MM)
| Rated RCA Output Level || Rated: 1 V/680 Ohms (subwoofer pre-out) |
| Phono Overload || 70 mV (MM, 1 kHz, 0.5%) |
| Frequency Response || 10 Hz to 100 kHz / +1 dB, -3 dB (Direct Mode) |
| Signal-to-Noise Ratio || 106 dB (line, IHF-A) |
80 dB (phono, IHF-A)
| DAC || Asahi Kasei AK4452 |
| Speaker Impedance || 4 Ohms-16 Ohms |
| Headphone Output Impedance || 390 Ohms |
| Headphone Output || Rated: 200 mW (32 Ohms, 1 kHz, 10%) |
| Tuning Frequency Range || FM: 87.5 to 107.9 MHz |
AM: 530 to 1710 kHz
| FM/AM Preset Memory || 40 Stations plus 4 faceplate BGM presets |
| Wi-Fi || Yes |
| Bluetooth || Yes |
| Inputs || 2 x Digital coaxial |
2 x Digital optical
6 x Stereo RCA
1 x Stereo RCA phono
1 x USB (front)
| Outputs || 1 x Stereo RCA line out |
1 x Subwoofer pre-out
1 x Headphone (front)
| Other Interfaces || 1 x Ethernet |
1 x RI remote
1 x IR in
1 x IR out
1 x AM antenna
1 x FM antenna
| Speaker Connectors || 4 x Binding post pairs |
| A/B Speaker Selection || Yes |
| Power Requirements || 120 VAC, 60 Hz |
| Power Consumption || Typical: 2.7 A |
Standby: 0.2 W
No Sound: 50 W
Network Standby: 2.9 W
| Dimensions (W x H x D) || 17.1 x 5.9 x 12.9" (435 x 149 x 328 mm) |
| Weight || 18.3 lb (8.3 kg) |
| Package Weight || 22.4 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 22.0 x 16.0 x 10.0" |
Rating80% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 26 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
Post new comment to Onkyo TX-8140 2.1-Channel Network Stereo Receiver
|Subject: Tx 8140|
|Date: 26.01.2021 05:22:23||Name: Jason conley|
|Hit by accident can’t hear audio tru speakers any ideas|
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
I am looking for a User Manual for Elmer’s Products. Inc X-ACTO Magnetic Paper Trimmer Model 7901...
HP DeskJet 3755 All-in-One Inkjet Printer...
Fire tv restart...
Je cherche le manuel d'utilisation pour le téléphone Headset Plantronics CT14...J'en ai eu un usagé en cadeau mais sans manuel d'instruction!
OHMU TRAIL CAMERA 1080P 12 MP...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
Lock instructions for Barska Book safe lock---CB12362 Paris small
Name: Sharina Hill
Barska Dictionary Book Lock Box with
Purchased at Home Depot-- no lock instructions were included
Please email those instructions...
Loss of audio
AKG Y500 Wireless On-Ear Headphones
I purchased these headphones for my elderly father who lives overseas. They worked perfectly at first but now he says they are no longer working. I believe he needs to pair them with his computer again. I do not know how to help hi. Do this. Are you able to advise? ...
Name: Erin Flory Robertson
Polaroid iS048 Digital Camera
Does this camera include a speaker? We don’t hear any sound with the videos! ...
ERR msg on ATN X-SIGHT 4K PRO 5x20
Name: Byron Hatfield
ATN 5-20x X-Sight 4K Pro Digital
receiving a "ERR msg" at top of screen. Restored to factory condition did not eliminate the error. Removed SD chip-rotated scope according to youtube video.Compass would appear for 4-5 seconds and disappear.Repeated the process with chip inserted,still 4-5 seconds then disappear....
Challenge, treat urgently
Bosch LC2-PC30G6-8 Premium-Sound Ceiling Loudspeaker
Am to install this LC2-PC30G6-8 to a finished ceiling whose depth can't take the whole speaker. Pls what the way out of this mess. Because the ceiling is cut already...