User Manual for Overland 48TB 4-Bay SnapServer XSR 40 NAS Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Overland 48TB 4-Bay SnapServer XSR 40
- Product category: Network Attached Storage Drives Overland
- Brand: Overland
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Overland Network Attached Storage Drives
User manual for the Overland 48TB 4-Bay SnapServer XSR 40 contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Overland product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Overland user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Overland product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Designed for workgroups, departments, or remote offices requiring large amounts of storage and mobile/remote access requirements, the 48TB (4 x 12TB) 4-Bay SnapServer XSR 40 NAS from Overland Storage offers enterprise class data management and data protection features in a 1 RU rackmount form factor. With support for less than 100 concurrent users and data performance speeds up to 40 MB/s, the XSR 40 runs on GuardianOS. This NAS comes pre-configured with 48TB (4 x 12TB) of storage and supports 4 x SATA II 3 Gb/s drive bays. It is powered by a 1.8 GHz processor and its 2GB of ECC RAM, which can be upgraded to 4GB, allows frequently-used files to be quickly accessed. Network connectivity is achieved using the dual Gigabit Ethernet ports. This NAS also has 2 x USB 2.0 ports for connecting external devices, such as an RDX QuickStor.
SnapServer's GuardianOS includes DynamicRAID for seamless storage expansion by adding or replacing hard drives as capacity requirements change. In addition, all SnapServer storage volumes can grow or shrink dynamically within the storage pool without IT intervention, helping to prevent provisioning errors and costly upgrades. Supported RAID modes include RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, and JBOD, as well as Dynamic RAID Dual or Single Parity.
With both block and file level access, the XSR 40 has cross-platform compatibility with Windows, Linux, UNIX, and Macintosh systems. GuardianOS also includes additional data protection features such as high-performance snapshots, direct backup to RDX, disk, or LTO tape, as well as BitTorrent Sync, which will help sync and replicate to other SnapServers in the event of disaster recovery. BitTorrent Sync will also enable anywhere file access with virtually any mobile device and optional data replication is also available.
The capacity of the XSR 40 can also be expanded. Although this NAS only comes pre-configured with 48TB of storage, drives can be added to the array, provided there are available drive bays, but further expansion is possible using the external 2U, 12-bay SnapExpansion chassis. Up to three SnapExpansion chassis units may be simultaneously utilized. The XSR 40 is compatible with Enterprise SATA II drives with capacities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6TB.
The 48TB (4 x 12TB) 4-Bay SnapServer XSR 40 NAS has a power rating of 200W and operates on 100-240 VAC at 50-60 Hz. It has a maximum input current of 4A at 115 VAC and 2A at 230 VAC. It consumes 80W and includes a US power cord, an EMEA power cord, a UK power cord, a Serial DB9 to RJ-11 adapter, a fixed rack rail mounting kit, and 2 x 7.00' / 2.13m Cat-5 Ethernet cables.
- DynamicRAID - Automatic Capacity Expansion with Thin Provisioning
- Don't limit yourself to the features of a traditional RAID. With the combination of DynamicRAID and SnapServer, your protection is automatically optimized for redundancy and capacity without the need for manual intervention. Add or replace SnapServer hard drives at any time to expand existing storage pools and take advantage of drive size mismatches without wasting space
- Mix and match drives of different sizes to dynamically grow storage pools
- Choose from single or dual parity protection with the click of your mouse
- Automatically optimizes RAID levels as drives are added to the storage pool
- DynamicRAID allows you to add storage to your SnapServer by adding or replacing hard drives without downtime
- BitTorrent Sync - Secure, Unlimited File-Syncing. No 3rd Party Cloud Required
- It's time to get rid of your expensive cloud storage provider. BitTorrent Sync is pre-installed on the SnapServer XSD 40 series NAS. Automatically sync files between directories on geographically distributed SnapServer systems. Access those files with any BitTorrent Sync client, server, or mobile application. There are no limits on file sizes or file transfers, so you can build your own high performance private cloud that is accessible from virtually anywhere
- Full encryption with secret keys
- Incremental peer-to-peer file transfers
- Syncing performance increases as more devices are added
- iOS, Windows Phone, Kindle, and Android Device Support
- Synchronize and access your files from virtually anywhere, from almost any device by simply exchanging secret keys or scanning QR codes
- RDX Integration - Rugged and Reliable Disk-to-Disk Backup
- SnapServer administrators can take advantage of Overland Storage RDX direct to disc backup. Plug an RDX QuikStor device into the SnapServer USB ports and selectively copy data from disk-to-RDX. Utilize RDX media as a form of backup and offsite disaster recovery, copy data and remove for remote archiving, or as an easy way to move data between devices
- Format RDX media directly with XFS or NTFS
- Fast reads and writes over USB
- Up to 2TB per RDX cartridge
- Quickly backup individual files and directories to removable RDX media for archiving, backup, and disaster recovery
- Dynamic Volume Management - Let GuardianOS Do the Heavy Lifting
- Forget about provisioning. Create limitless volumes on your SnapServer and they will automatically share the available space in the disk storage pool; this means that volumes will only occupy as much space as their data requires, leaving space available to other volumes on demand. Storage volumes can also automatically grow and shrink as needed, and administrators can assign optional quotes to control volume sizes across the storage pool
- Create volumes without size limits
- Dynamically grow and shrink volumes independently and on demand with no downtime
- Grow volumes automatically by adding or replacing hard drives to increase the storage pool capacity
- The SnapServer NAS volumes share a common storage pool and can grow or shrink on demand with no IT intervention
- Unified Storage - Freedom of Choice
- Consolidate your storage by hosting both block and file level data on your SnapServer NAS system. Utilize common networking protocols for file sharing, collaboration and backup, or host database storage and virtualized servers on SnapServer iSCSI LUNs simultaneously
- File level access with SMB, NFS, AFP, HTTP, FTP protocols or block level access with iSCSI
- Store your block and file-based data on a single SnapServer
- Support your server consolidation and virtualization initiatives
- Unified Storage allows you to store block and file-based data on a single SnapServer
- Advanced Security - Intelligence Matters
- The SnapServer can provide local security for small infrastructures or join larger networks that include complex security policies. With full integration into Windows Active Directory domains, UNIX domains, and cross-compatibility for mixed security environments, the SnapServer allows you to maintain consistent permissions for users with multiple system types, with minimal intervention, across your business infrastructure
- Fully integrates with your existing Windows Active Directory Domain or LDAP user and group database
- Automatically stays synchronized with the full set of 30 distinct AD permission attributes
- Windows-to-UNIX ID mapping and local permission management
- Advanced security allows your SnapServer to fully integrate within any corporate security infrastructure
- High Performance Snapshots - Fast File Recovery
- Protect SnapServer data by taking point-in-time virtual copies of the filesystem. Snapshots in GuardianOS are filesystem aware and are optimized to minimize write performance penalties. Recover files as needed by browsing mountable snapshot volumes. When properly implemented, snapshots enable faster operational recovery with little IT intervention. Snapshots also allow for flexible test environments without putting your critical data at risk and without the need to do a complete volume copy of the data to test applications under development or for piloting purposes
- Create snapshots volumes to track changes on thinly provisioned SnapServer data volumes
- Mount snapshot volumes for drag-and-drop recovery of files
- Unique snapshot implementation decreases write performance penalty
- Protect from accidental file deletion and automatically track previous file states for fast file reversion
- Grow your SnapServer storage pools by adding drives to existing DynamicRAID sets, or expand by attaching the external, 2U, 12-bay SnapExpansion chassis. Pay as you grow without buying more storage than you need at any given time with SnapServer NAS. Scale a single SnapServer while maintaining simple and provisioning-free management
- Expand existing DynamicRAID arrays within individual chassis
- Attach SnapExpansion chassis to scale beyond the SnapServer head units
- Create an additional storage pool within each expansion chassis and allocate as needed
- Expand your SnapServer storage internally by adding or replacing hard drives, or externally by attaching the SnapExpansion chassis
In the Box Overland 48TB (4 x 12TB) 4-Bay SnapServer XSR 40 NAS US Power Cord EMEA Power Cord UK Power Cord Serial DB9 to RJ-11 Adapter Fixed Rack Rail Mounting Kit 2 x Cat-5 Ethernet Cables (7') 24 x 7 Telephone Support Limited 3-Year Level 1 Advance Parts Replacement Table of Contents
- Replication with SnapEDR - Across the Hall or Across the Globe
- Prepare for disaster recovery with Snap Enterprise Data Replicator (Snap EDR). With Snap EDR, you can automatically replicate files between SnapServers, Windows, Linux, UNIX, and Macintosh servers. Built for globally distributed businesses, Snap EDR will help ensure that your files are moved off-site safely and securely
- Supports byte-level incremental replication, bandwidth throttling, compression and encryption
- Share data with the distribute feature to remotely send documents
- Remotely backup servers across the globe from a single management interface
- Securely and efficiently replicate files off-site with Snap Enterprise Data Replicator to help protect from disaster
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Overland 48TB 4-Bay SnapServer XSR 40 NAS in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Overland SnapServer XSR40 Specs
| Operating System || GuardianOS 7.6 |
| Management || Web-based GUI, CLI, SnapServer Manager |
| Concurrent Users || < 100 |
| Performance || 40 MB/s |
| Network File Protocols || SMB, CIFS, NFS, AFP, HTTP, FTP |
| iSCSI Support || Included |
| Snapshots || Included |
| Replication || Snap EDR |
| Power Supply || Single |
| Sync and Mobile Access || BitTorrent Sync |
| Microsoft Active Directory Support || Included |
| VMware Support || VMWare Ready |
| Form Factor || 1 RU, 4-drive rackmount |
| CPU and Memory || 1.8 GHz processor |
1 x 2 GB 800 MHz DDR3 ECC SO-DIMM (upgradeable to 2 x 2 GB)
| Drive Configuration || 4 x SATA II 3 Gb/s |
| RAID Levels || Traditional RAID Levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, and JBOD |
Dynamic RAID Dual or Single Parity
| Drive Types Supported || Enterprise SATA II: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6TB |
| Network Connectivity || 2 x 1GbE Ethernet Included |
| USB Interface || UPS, Printers, Tape Devices, RDX QuikStor |
| Expansion Array || Supports up to 3 SnapExpansion Chassis |
| Expansion Array Interface || SFF-8088 SAS (optional SAS HBA required) |
| Local Backup Interface || 4 x USB 2.0 ports |
| Agency Approvals || IEC/EN/UL 60950, cULus |
| Power || Power Rating: 200 W, 100-240 V AC, 50-60 Hz |
Input Current: Max 4 A (RMS) @ 115 V AC, 2A (RMS) @ 230 V AC
Power Consumption: 80 W (steady state)
| Environmental Limits || Operating Environment: |
Temperature: 32 to 95°F / 0 to 35°C
Humidity Range: 20 to 80% non-condensing
Shock: 6 pulses of 31 Gs for up to 2 ms
Altitude: -50.00 to 10,000.00' / -15.24 to 3,048.00 m)
Temperature: -40 to 149°F / -40 to 65°C
Humidity Range: 90%, non-condensing
Altitude: -50.00 to 35,000.00' / -15.24 to 10,668.00 m
| Supported Platforms || Windows, Linux, UNIX, Apple, VMWare |
| Certifications || Certified for Windows Server 2008, Server 2008 Hyper-V, Server 2012 |
| Physical / Mounting || Dimensions: 17.17 x 1.73 x 19.25" / 436.12 x 43.94 x 488.95 mm |
Weight: 17.00 lb / 7.71 kg (without drives); 24.00 lb / 10.89 kg (with four drives)
Rating90% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 26 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
Glow worm Betacom 324C...
Honeywell Home thermostat Manual for operation and instruction...
service tag 92yxsd2. need windows 10 pro operating manual...
LiveU Solo SDI HDMI Video Audio...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
lenovo active 1 does not pair with my ideapad 5
Lenovo Active Pen
lenovo active 1 does not pair with my ideapad 5 ...
what version of pcie x16 does my inspiron 3668 have
Name: James Robert Rhodes
Dell Inspiron 3668 Desktop Computer
been trying to find what version PCIe my computer has no help from dell product page. been thinking about adding a graphics card and need to know this....
link to a user manual/instructions
LogicKeyboard Large Print ALBA Mac Pro
Please provide me with a link to user manual/ instructions for
Largeprint White-on-Black - PC ASTRA 2 Backlit Keyboard - US EnglishLKB-LPWB-A2PC-US
An early reply will be appreciated
channels available with visio D32f4-J01,2021
Name: Judie Conlan
VIZIO D-Series 32" Class HD SmartCast
I watch Britbox, Acorn, and PBS most of the time. Are these channels available with this smart TV? I have avoided buying smart TVs in the past because I couldn't add the channels I like. Judie Conlan...
La pantalla está negra, no le entra energía ...