User Manual for Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ80 Deluxe Digital Camera Kit Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ80 Deluxe Digital Camera
- Product category: Point & Shoot Cameras Panasonic
- Brand: Panasonic
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Panasonic Point & Shoot Cameras
User manual for the Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ80 Deluxe Digital Camera contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Panasonic product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Panasonic user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Panasonic product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Comprising everything needed to begin shooting, the Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ80 Deluxe Digital Camera Kit from B&H bundles the long-zoom point-and-shoot with a 64GB SDXC memory card, a spare rechargeable lithium-ion battery, and a holster-style camera bag. An extended two-year drops and spills warranty is also included for further protection to your equipment.
In the Box
- Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ80 Digital Camera Mixing long-zoom capabilities with multimedia recording versatility, the Lumix DC-FZ80 from Panasonic pairs an expansive 60x zoom lens with high-resolution stills and 4K video shooting functionality. Revolving around an 18.1MP High-Sensitivity MOS sensor, the FZ80 has a top sensitivity of ISO 6400 for working in low-light conditions as well as a 10 fps shooting rate and UHD 4K/30p video recording at 100 Mbps. The 4K capabilities are extended to stills applications, too, and allow for 30 fps shooting at 8MP as well as the ability to use Post Focus for choosing your specific point of focus after shooting. Complementing these imaging assets is a Lumix DC Vario lens, which provides a 20-1200mm equivalent focal length range, along with POWER O.I.S. to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting.
Benefitting these performance attributes is an ergonomic body design that incorporates both a 1.166m-dot electronic viewfinder, for eye-level monitoring, as well as a 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD for intuitive control of shooting settings. Built-in Wi-Fi is also featured for wireless image sharing and remote camera control from a linked smartphone or tablet.
- 18.1MP High-Sensitivity MOS Sensor and 4K UHD Video
- An 18.1MP 1/2.3" High-Sensitivity MOS sensor helps to deliver fast overall performance and notable image quality to suit working in a wide variety of conditions. A top sensitivity of ISO 6400 supports working in difficult lighting conditions, and the shutter also affords a quick 10 fps shooting rate at full-resolution with the mechanical shutter as well as 30 fps shooting at 8MP using the 4K Photo modes.
In addition to the versatile still shooting modes, the FZ80 also supports recording UHD 4K/30p video at 100 Mbps in the MP4 format. Full HD 1080p/60 is also supported, as well as slow-motion 720p/120 and 480p/240 recording settings.
- Lumix DC Vario 60x Zoom Lens and POWER O.I.S.
- Covering an expansive 20-1200mm equivalent focal length range, the built-in Lumix DC lens offers a 60x optical zoom range that covers wide-angle to super telephoto perspectives. Benefitting the long reach is an advanced optical design that includes six aspherical elements, for a total of nine aspherical surfaces, and three extra-low dispersion elements to help control color fringing and a variety of aberrations for high clarity and sharpness.
The lens' already impressive optical zoom range can be effectively doubled through the use of Intelligent Zoom, to achieve a total magnification of 120x. Extra Optical Zoom (EZ) settings are also available, which crop into the image to generate a narrower field of view, in order to produce 84x and 122x zoom magnifications at 9MP and 4.5MP resolutions, respectively. Standard digital zoom can be applied as well to, again, increase the effective zoom range by 4x.
Benefitting the long zoom range, POWER Optical Image Stabilization is also featured, and helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting at greater zoom magnifications.
- 4K Photo Modes
- Utilizing the 4K video recording capabilities, a trio of still shooting modes are available for recording continuous 8MP stills at a 30 fps shooting rate:
- 4K Burst: Just as with video recording, this mode will allow you to continuously record 8MP images at 30 fps for up to 15 min, making it ideal for instances where you need a fast frame rate in order to capture the best moment.
- 4K Pre-Burst: This mode is suitable for times when you're unsure of the critical moment to press the shutter button and will record 8MP images at 30 fps one second prior to and one second after pressing the shutter button in order to give you 60 frames to choose from.
- 4K Burst (S/S): This mode most closely follows the 4K video recording process, and allows you to playback your video, pause at the chosen moment, and use the shutter button to mark a chosen frame from the video and save it as a single 8MP frame.
- Post Focus and Focus Stacking
- Another attribute of the 4K capabilities is a unique focusing method called Post Focus. This function records imagery as a 4K MP4 file at 30 fps and shifts the specific point of focus throughout the burst shooting in order to offer a range of distinct focusing ranges to choose from. During playback, via the camera's touchscreen, you can then tap the specific region of the image you wish to be in focus and an 8MP JPEG file will be created. Multiple individual files with different points of focus can be created from the original burst, and focusing assist functions can also be used to gain even more precise control over the specific in-focus region.
A built-in focus stacking feature lets you program the capture of a sequence of photos with shifting focus. This technique allows you to utilize the highest performing aperture as well as increase the depth of field in your final image.
- Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- A 0.2" Live View Finder features a 1.166m-dot resolution, 0.46x equivalent magnification, and 100% frame coverage.
- A larger means for image composition and playback, the 3.0" 1.04m-dot rear LCD touchscreen monitor permits intuitive menu navigation and settings control.
- A built-in pop-up flash is available to produce additional illumination when working in low-light conditions. A hot shoe is also featured for working with an optional external flash.
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to pair the FZ80 with smartphones or tablets running the Panasonic Image App for wireless image transferring and remote camera control.
- Depth-From-Defocus AF Technology
- For accelerated autofocus performance, DFD (Depth-From-Defocus) technology is employed to quickly calculate the distance to subjects and adjust the focusing position to benefit continuous shooting and movie recording modes. This contrast-detection type focus method also benefits subject tracking performance for maintaining sharp focus on moving subjects.
Benefitting manual focus operation, focus peaking is available that highlights bright edges of contrast with a colored outline for quickly recognizing your focus point, as well as Touch MF Assist for touch-to-focus operation.
- Other Camera Features
- A dedicated macro mode allows you to focus on subjects as close as 0.4" / 1cm-away.
- Raw image files can be processed in-camera for a more streamlined post-production workflow.
- A mechanical shutter enables a maximum shutter speed of 1/4000 sec and an electronic shutter function avails a top shutter speed of 1/16,000 sec to better enable working in bright conditions and with wider aperture settings.
- Panorama Shot mode allows you to create seamless panoramic imagery by simply panning about the scene to capture wide-field views.
- The included lithium-ion battery provides approximately 330 shots per charge when using the rear LCD monitor, or 240 shots per charge with the electronic viewfinder.
- Convenient for traveling, the battery can be charged inside the camera via USB connection.
- Create Control modes: Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Monochrome, Dynamic Monochrome, Rough Monochrome, Silky Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Toy Pop, Bleach Bypass, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Fantasy, Star Filter, One Point Color, and Sunshine.
- Still image Scene Guide modes: Clear Portrait, Silky Skin, Backlit Softness, Clear in Backlight, Relaxing Tone, Sweet Child's Face, Distinct Scenery, Bright Blue Sky, Romantic Sunset Glow, Vivid Sunset Glow, Glistening Water, Clear Nightscape, Cool Night Sky, Warm Glowing Nightscape, Artistic Nightscape, Glittering Illuminations, Handheld Night Shot, Clear Night Portrait, Soft Image of a Flower, Appetizing Food, Cute Dessert, Freeze Animal Motion, Clear Sports Shot, and Monochrome.
- Photo Style settings: Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait, and Custom.
- Picture Adjustment settings: Contrast, Sharpness, Noise Reduction, Saturation, Color Tone, and Filter Effect.
- SanDisk 64GB Extreme UHS-I SDXC Memory Card Designed for SD devices that can capture Full HD, 3D, and 4K video, as well as raw and burst photography, the 64GB Extreme UHS-I SDXC Memory Card from SanDisk has a capacity of 64GB, is compatible with the UHS-I bus, and features a speed class rating of V30, which guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. If your device does not support the V30 standard, this card also supports the U3 standard, which likewise guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. Read speeds are supported up to 150 MB/s and write speeds max out at 60 MB/s. A built-in write-protect switch helps to safeguard against the accidental erasure of card data.
While this card has been designed for cameras that are UHS-I / V30 / U3 compatible, it may be used in devices that do not support UHS-I / V30 / U3. However, bear in mind that this card will then default to your device's speed class and bus rating, such as UHS-I and U1, which supports minimum write speeds of 10 MB/s, or Class 10, which also supports minimum write speeds of 10 MB/s. UPC: 619659170684
- Case Logic Kontrast DSLR Shoulder Bag (Black) Store, transport, and protect your DSLR with attached lens, 2-4 extra lenses, flash, and related accessories with the black Kontrast DSLR Shoulder Bag from Case Logic. The padded main compartment has a hammock system that suspends the camera for improved shock protection, and padded, touch-fastening dividers for organizing gear. Water-resistant DuraBase, foam padding, and polyester construction ensures strength and durability. The lid unzips away from wearer for easy access to gear, and has a convenient zip pocket underneath for small items. Dual, zippered side and front pockets provide additional storage capacity. The front pocket features two slip-in pockets. Carry your Kontrast Shoulder Bag with the padded top handle, or wear with the removable, padded shoulder strap. The gray interior lining makes finding gear in low light easier. UPC: 085854233613
- Panasonic DMW-BMB9PP Lithium-Ion Battery (7.2V, 895mAh) The Panasonic DMW-BMB9PP Lithium-Ion Battery is a rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack that powers the Lumix FZ80, 40, 45, 47, 100 and 150K digital cameras. The battery has a voltage of 7.2 V, features a capacity of 895 mAh, and outputs 6.5 Wh of power.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion chemistry
- Powers the Lumix FZ80, 40, 45, 47, 60K, 100 and 150K digital cameras
- Lumix DC-FZ80 Digital Camera vdxbawqafeyxdttbzya
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
- AC Adapter
- USB Cable
- Shoulder Strap
- Lens Cap
- Lens Cap String
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- SanDisk - 64GB Extreme UHS-I SDXC Memory Card
- Case Logic - Kontrast DSLR Shoulder Bag (Black)
- DMW-BMB9PP Lithium-Ion Battery (7.2V, 895mAh)
Table of Contents
- SquareTrade - 2 Year Drops & Spills Warranty
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ80 Deluxe Digital Camera Kit in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Download User ManualThe user manual for the Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ80 Deluxe Digital Camera Kit can be downloaded in PDF format at the link stated below.
- Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ80 Digital Camera
| Pixels || Actual: 18.9 Megapixel |
Effective: 18.1 Megapixel
| Sensor || 1/2.3" MOS |
| File Formats || Still Images: JPEG, RAW |
Movies: AVCHD 2.0, MP4
| Max Resolution || 4896 x 3672 |
| Aspect Ratio || 1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9 |
| Image Stabilization || Optical |
| Lens || 14 Elements in 12 Groups |
6 Aspherical, 3 ED
Effective Focal Length: 3.58 to 215mm (35 mm Equivalent: 20 to 1200mm)
Aperture: f/2.8 (W) to f/5.9 (T) to f/8
| Filter Thread || 55mm |
| Zoom || Optical: 60x |
Extra Optical Zoom (EZ): 84x
Extra Optical Zoom (EZ): 122x
Intelligent Zoom: 120x
| Focus Range || Wide: 11.81" to Infinity / 30 cm to Infinity |
Telephoto: 4.92' to Infinity / 150 cm to Infinity
Wide Macro: 0.39" to Infinity / 1 cm to Infinity
Tele Macro: 4.92' to Infinity / 150 cm to Infinity
| ISO Sensitivity || Auto, 80 to 3200 (Extended Mode:80 to 6400) |
| Shutter || Type: Mechanical |
Speed: 4 to 1/2000 Second
Speed: 1 to 16,000 Second
60 to 0 Second in Night Scene Mode
1/2 to 16,000 Second in Movie Mode
| Exposure Metering || Center-Weighted, Multi, Spot |
| Exposure Modes || Modes: Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority |
Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 EV Steps)
| White Balance || Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Daylight, Flash, Incandescent, Shade, White Set 1, White Set 2, White Set 3, White Set 4 |
| Continuous Shooting || Up to 10 fps at 18.1 MP |
Up to 6 fps at 18.1 MP
Up to 2 fps at 18.1 MP
Up to 30 fps at 8 MP
| Self-Timer || 2, 10 Sec |
| Flash Modes || Auto |
Forced On/Red-Eye Reduction
Slow Sync/Red-Eye Reduction
| Built-In Flash || Yes |
| Effective Flash Range || Wide:1.0 to 46.3' / 0.3 to 14.1 m |
Telephoto:4.9 to 20.0' / 1.5 to 6.1 m
| External Flash Connection || Hot Shoe |
| Memory Card Type || SD |
| Video Recording || Yes, NTSC |
| Resolution || 3840 x 2160p: 30 fps |
1920 x 1080p: 60 fps, 30 fps
1920 x 1080i: 60 fps
1280 x 720p: 30 fps
640 x 480p: 30 fps
| Video Clip Length || Up to 29 Minutes 59 Seconds |
| Audio Recording || Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo) |
| Viewfinder Type || Electronic |
| Viewfinder Coverage || 100% |
| Screen || 3.0" LCD Rear Touchscreen (1,040,000 Pixels) |
| Screen Coverage || 100% |
| Connectivity || HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0 Micro-B, USB 2.0 |
| Wi-Fi || Yes, Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n) Built In |
| Battery || Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 895 mAh |
| Dimensions (W x H x D) || 5.1 x 3.7 x 4.7" / 130.2 x 94.3 x 119.2 mm |
| Weight || 1.35 lb / 616 g |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 7.8 x 6.9 x 4.8" |
- SanDisk 64GB Extreme UHS-I SDXC Memory Card
| Card Type || SDXC |
| Storage Capacity || 64 GB |
| Bus Type || UHS-I |
| Speed Class || 10 |
| UHS Speed Class || U3 |
| Video Speed Class || V30 |
| Data Transfer || Read Speed: 150 MB/s Maximum (Burst) |
Write Speed: 60 MB/s Maximum (Burst)
Write Speed: 30 MB/s Minimum
| Built-in Write-Protect Switch || Yes |
| Wireless Capability || None |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 9.0 x 6.8 x 4.5" |
- Case Logic Kontrast DSLR Shoulder Bag (Black)
| Material || Polyester and foam padding |
| Type of Closure || Zipper |
| Carrying/Transport Options || Padded top handle |
Adjustable shoulder strap with sliding pad
| Fits Devices || 8.7 x 5.5 x 7.9" / 22.1 x 14.0 x 20.1 cm |
| Exterior Dimensions || 10.6 x 7.9 x 10.2" / 26.9 x 20.1 x 25.9 cm |
| Weight || 1.56 lb / 0.71 kg |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 12.2 x 10.4 x 7.7" |
- Panasonic DMW-BMB9PP Lithium-Ion Battery (7.2V, 895mAh)
| Capacity (Wh) || 6.5 Wh |
| Amp-Hours || 895 mAh |
| Chemistry || Lithium-Ion |
| Output Voltage || 7.2 VDC |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 3.6 x 2.4 x 1.6" |
Rating70% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 48 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
Sending your message through the feedback form which can be found on the sites in the Communication secti...
Looking for Model #SLC8200BSTV3...
Operational manual or how to use it. SOUNDTRACK professional Mixer MIX2224BU. We lost our sound operator, therefore we need to learn on how to use it,...
Microsoft wireless keyboard 850...
AMD Quad Gaming Computer, Athlon X4 950 4x3.8GHz,
16GB DDR4, AMD Radeon...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
WON'T PRINT COLOR
Name: betty mcdonald
Canon PIXMA TS3120 Wireless All-in-One Inkjet
New color cartridge. Will only print black and it is faded and you can't read the numbers. Also, it shows the color to be almost empty and it was just inserted a short time ago....
Brother TN730 Standard Yield Black Toner
I can not get ny TN730 to connect to my WIFI...
roland vt-12 vocal trainer
Name: BRUCE CASH
Roland VT-12 - Vocal Trainer
please send me a copy of roland vt-12 vocal trainer manual. I have a vocal trainer I purchased from amazon and misplaced the manual and don't know how to operate it. send pdf file so I can start practicing on it. ...
Self Adhesive White Foam Board SAFW3240.3C
Name: William Discher
Nielsen & Bainbridge Foam Core Board
when is repositionable board set?
when can I trim the art/ board without puling up the paper from the adhesive?...
Name: Monica Gauthier
Skullcandy Push Truly Wireless Earbuds
Since I purchased my Skullcandy push earbuds I have truly never been satisfied. I frequently approach the supposedly charged connected to an outlet earbuds to be informed that they are battery low. How is that possible when I set them in the box and noted that they were red and c...