User Manual for Rode NTG1 Condenser Shotgun Microphone Kit Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Rode NTG1 Condenser Shotgun Microphone Kit
- Product category: Shotgun Microphones Rode
- Brand: Rode
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Rode Shotgun Microphones
User manual for the Rode NTG1 Condenser Shotgun Microphone Kit contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Rode product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Rode user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Rode product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description The Rode NTG1 is a condenser shotgun microphone designed for professional audio capturing in the field or indoors. With a history of manufacturing quality studio microphones, Rode has implemented low noise output electronics and wide bandwidth, both of which attribute to the NTG1's broadcast sound quality.The super-cardioid polar pattern and line plus gradient acoustic principle effectively minimize audio and noise at the off-axis (sides) of the microphone, while the front of the capsule accurately reproduces incoming audio signal. The result is greater intelligibility and signal-to-noise ratio while using the NTG1 in noisy environments. The NTG1 is powered with an external +48 Volt phantom power source, the output is a standard 3-pin XLR male connector. The microphone features a rugged, all metal, light weight enclosure that is ideal for camera mounting yet durable enough to withstand the rigors of heavy road use. The Rode NTG1 is packaged with a microphone stand mount, an XLR cable and windscreen.
In the Box
- Rode NTG1 Condenser Shotgun Microphone The Rode NTG1 Condenser Shotgun Microphone is designed for professional audio capturing in the field or indoors. With a history of manufacturing quality studio microphones, Rode has implemented low-noise output electronics and a wide frequency bandwidth, both of which attribute to the NTG1's broadcast sound quality.The supercardioid polar pattern and line-plus-gradient acoustic design effectively minimize audio and noise at the off-axis (sides) of the microphone, while the front of the capsule accurately reproduces incoming audio signal. The result is greater intelligibility and signal-to-noise ratio while using the NTG1 in noisy environments.The NTG1 is powered with an external +48V phantom power source; the output is a standard 3-pin XLR male connector.The microphone features a rugged, all metal, lightweight enclosure that is ideal for camera mounting yet durable enough to withstand the rigors of heavy road use. The Rode NTG1 is packaged with a microphone stand mount and windscreen.
- Supercardioid Polar Pattern
- The supercardioid polar pattern and line-gradient design principle allow for a narrow pick up pattern at the front of the capsule while minimizing noise at the off-axis (side) sections.
- Lightweight Durable Construction
- The NTG1 features a lightweight metal housing that is ideal for camera mounting.
- Low Handling Noise
- Low-noise output electronics provides a high signal-to-noise ratio. The NTG1 is designed to also reduce noise caused by handling, rigid mounting hardware, loose cabling, etc.
- Auray DUSM-1 Universal Shock Mount for Camera Shoes and Boompoles The Auray DUSM-1 Universal Shockmount features a four-point suspension to accommodate shotgun and other cylindrical microphones measuring 0.74-0.98" (19-25mm) in diameter. The shockmount is easily angled with its rubberized adjustment knob. There is a built-in shoe for camera mounting, and a 3/8"-16 thread connection at the base mounts the shockmount to boompoles and universal hand-grips. UPC: 847628562776
- Kopul Premium Performance 3000 Series XLR M to Angled XLR F Microphone Cable - 1.5' (0.45 m), Black The black Kopul Premium Performance 3000 Series XLR M to Angled XLR F Microphone Cable (1.5') is designed to be an extremely quiet and flexible cable that is ideal for the most demanding live sound and performance applications. The cable is engineered to be durable and to provide protection against EMI, RFI, and static noise.
Premium Performance 3000 Series cables are made from 24 AWG OFC copper wire that's wrapped with PE insulation and a conductive PVC inner shield. A cotton-yarn inner layer helps reduce electrostatic and microphonic noise. 95% dual-spiral shielding makes the cable resistant to EMI and RFI noise. The Neutrik XX silver connectors provide a high level of connectivity, and all the solder connections are shrink-wrapped for protection.
- 95% dual-spiral shielding offers protection from EMI and RFI noise.
- Twin-conductive PVC inner shielding provides 100% coverage of the core conductor. It helps keep the cable's signal from radiating and affecting nearby cables, and also helps prevent external EMI from penetrating to the cable's core.
- 24 AWG oxygen-free stranded copper inner core provides the best possible conductivity.
- Cotton yarn reduces electrostatic and microphonic noise.
- All solder points shrink-wrapped for protection.
- Neutrik XX silver connectors offer high conductivity.
- Caged type contact and improved ground contact.
- NTG1 Condenser Shotgun Microphone bteaywbwxvdwat
- Limited 10-Year Warranty
- Microphone Stand Mount
- Zippered Pouch
- Auray - DUSM-1 Universal Shock Mount for Camera Shoes and Boompoles
Table of Contents
- Kopul - Premium Performance 3000 Series XLR M to Angled XLR F Microphone Cable - 1.5' (0.45 m), Black
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Rode NTG1 Condenser Shotgun Microphone Kit in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
- Rode NTG1 Condenser Shotgun Microphone
| Transducer || Condenser |
| Polar Pattern || Supercardioid |
| Frequency Response || 20 Hz to 20 kHz |
| Dynamic Range (Typical) || 121 dB (per IEC651, IEC268-15) |
| Signal-to-Noise Ratio || 76 dB (1kHz rel, 1Pa; per IEC651, IEC268-15) |
| Maximum Input Sound Level || 139 dB SPL (@ 1% THD into 1 kOhm) |
| Power Requirements || +48 V phantom, 44 V to 52 V |
| Output Impedance || 50 Ohms |
| Output Connectors || 3-pin XLR balanced |
| Pad || No |
| Low Frequency Roll-Off || Yes |
| Dimensions (LxDiameter) || 8.54 x .87" / 217 x 22 mm |
| Weight || 3.7 oz / 105 g |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 10.8 x 5.2 x 2.2" |
- Auray DUSM-1 Universal Shock Mount for Camera Shoes and Boompoles
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 4.65 x 3.2 x 2.65" |
- Kopul Premium Performance 3000 Series XLR M to Angled XLR F Microphone Cable - 1.5' (0.45 m), Black
| Connector 1 || 3-Pin XLR Male |
| Connector 2 || 3-Pin XLR Female Right-Angle |
| Cable Length || 1.5' / 0.45 m |
| Shielding || 95% Spiral |
| Conductor Material || Oxygen-Free Copper (OFC) |
| Number of Conductors || 2 |
| Wire Gauge || 24 AWG |
| Contact Plating || Silver |
| Jacket Type || Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) |
| Insulation Type || Polyethylene |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 4.8 x 3.1 x 0.9" |
Rating100% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 65 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
Tucano tasto folio case. For iPad 10.2 and iPad air 10.5
Brother LC3011 BK/C/M/Y...
Browning Spec Ops FHD Trail Camera BTC 8FHD...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
WiFi not connected
Name: Bonnie Donaldson
HP ENVY Photo 6255 All-in-One Inkjet
Have green cord plugged into phone wall jack. Other end in green receptacle on modem dsl 1&2 do not light up. ...
Name: Bonnie Donaldson
HP ENVY Photo 6255 All-in-One Inkjet
The modem has the green cord plugged in to the green receptical
, but the lights for dsl 1 & 2 are not on. The cord is plugged into the phone line on house wall...
Name: Jonquil Vincent
HP DeskJet 3755 All-in-One Inkjet Printer
Can you scan multiple documents at one time? I've tried twice, and it just pulls them all through together, only printing the top one....
loose eye piece
Name: tony white
Tasco 10x25 Essentials Compact Binocular
The Eye Piece of my 10 x25 model 168RB is loose and I can see how to tighten it ?...
Klipsch Reference Theater Pack 5.1 System
i can't download manual and you didn't include a paper copy you cheap so and so's... subwoofer not working...