User Manual for Royer Labs BLK-24V Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Royer Labs BLK-24V
- Product category: Ribbon Microphones Royer Labs
- Brand: Royer Labs
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Royer Labs Ribbon Microphones
User manual for the Royer Labs BLK-24V contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Royer Labs product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Royer Labs user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Royer Labs product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
In the Box
- Royer Labs SF-24V Vacuum Tube Stereo Ribbon Microphone Styled in a satin nickel finish, the Royer SF-24V is a true stereo ribbon microphone drawing tonal characteristics from its vacuum tube; indeed, the electronics of the tube elicit a smooth midrange and clarion highs, providing you with an open-sounding sense of air not commonly achievable with ribbon microphones. The microphone is designed to pick up true stereo recordings, allowing for a detailed stereo image and precise transient response. With an output level of -38 dB, the SF-24V will work with any pro-audio preamplifier, giving you self-noise lower than 18 dB, which renders the microphone particularly suitable for classical, acoustic, and otherwise naturalistic recording scenarios. Technically the SF-24V is two microphones in one unit, one capsule placed above the other in a coincident pair, with each figure-8 element aimed 45° from center, thereby giving you a classic Blumlein recording field. Each ribbon transducer has been fashioned in such a way as to deliver a uniform and largely flat frequency response at various distances; you’ll find that the coloration usually imparted by capturing audio off-axis from a microphone’s position is largely absent in this microphone.The microphone provides two amplifiers, each utilizing triode-connected, military-grade 5840 vacuum tubes. Furthermore, triode-configured cathode follower circuitry allows the microphone to operate across long cable runs without noticeable sonic degradation or loss of treble; long cable runs are further ensured by a dedicated power supply. The microphone’s outputs are fully balanced, electrically isolated utilizing Jensen output transformers.All of this means the SF-24V boasts more output level than non-powered ribbon microphones, while impedance-matching electronics ensures that it’s easier to use this microphone in a safe, nondestructive manner—not necessarily a given with ribbon microphones. Thus, this stereo microphone is quite suitable for full orchestras, choirs, chamber groups, acoustic pianos, drum overheads, and more. Additionally, the phase compatibility between each of the SF-24V’s capsules is such that summing a stereo recording to mono will result in no phase artifacts. Each capsule can also be used in an independent, mono implementation.
- Features at a Glance
- Vacuum-tube circuitry provides high output and impedance matching
- True stereophonic recording from one coincident microphone in Blumlein and M-S
- High SPL capabilities
- No distortion up to maximum SPL rating
- Extremely low residual noise
- Ribbon elements are not affected by heat or humidity
- Absence of high-frequency phase distortion
- Equal sensitivity from front or back of elements
- Consistent frequency response regardless of distance
- High efficiency, matching toroidal transformers
- Low magnetic leakage
- Suitable Applications
- String Sections
- Solo Strings
- Brass and Woodwinds
- Acoustic Piano
- Drum Overheads
- Percussion Instruments
- Acoustic Guitars
- Large & Small Ensembles
- Stereo, Mono, or Stereo to Mono
- SF-24V Vacuum Tube Stereo Ribbon Microphone evrsvwsfyqbbadscaqvffeudar
- Power Supply
- Wood Storage Case
- 5-Pin XLR to Dual 3-Pin XLR Cable (25')
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Limited 1-Year Warranty on Ribbon Element
Table of Contents
- SF-24V Matte Black Chrome Plating Charge
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Royer Labs BLK-24V in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
- Royer Labs SF-24V Vacuum Tube Stereo Ribbon Microphone
| Operating Principle || Pressure Gradient |
| Transducer || Ribbon |
| Tube || Yes |
| Polar Pattern || Figure-8 |
| Frequency Range || 30 Hz to 15 kHz |
| Equivalent Noise Level || 18 dB |
| Maximum SPL || 130 dB SPL |
| Impedance || 450 Ohms @ 1 kHz |
| Load Impedance || 1.5 kOhms |
| Sensitivity || -38 dB |
| Operating Current Consumption || 4.0 mA |
| Length || 10.63" / 270 mm |
| Diameter || 1.54" / 39 mm |
| Weight || 20.56 oz / 583 g |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 22.7 x 16.6 x 9.3" |
Rating80% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 77 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
Monster 2 in 1 TV Transmitter/Receiver MBA9-1011-BLK...
Vivitar pro 4k HD CAMCORDER...
Gaf pana vue 2 slide viewer...
WD Elements 2TB ...
NR-2000 diving flash light...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
Toner cartridge may be feeding too much toner causing smearing of copies, both front and back
Name: Kent Price
HP 17A Black Original LaserJet Toner
I think my new toner cartridge may be defective. No problems with print quality for years. Then suddenly with new cartridge there is smearing of toner on both sides of a copy. On the left end of the cartridge facing it as it has been inserted, there are two white plastic parts...
Can’t connect to server
Name: Richard Ware
Vine TJ-610 Wi-Fi Touchscreen Thermostat
My device can no longer connect to working internet. ...
Name: Ana P.
Vivitar ViviCam XX14 Digital Camera
How do you access the pictures you already took?...
Range finder not working
Name: Roger west
Bushnell 10x42 Fusion 1-Mile ARC Rangefinder
I have a set up Bushnell Fusion x binoculars. When I push the range finder/ fire button the circle inside with lines around it just flashes. Not yards get displayed. I do on the left side see a number like 26 or something with a degree sign at the end. ...
Name: Gloria Nerby
Polaroid iS048 Digital Camera
I am trying to find a manual for an IS048 polaroid camera