User Manual for Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950F 64GB Smartphone Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950F 64GB Smartphone
- Product category: Unlocked Cell Phones Samsung
- Brand: Samsung
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Samsung Unlocked Cell Phones
User manual for the Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950F 64GB Smartphone contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Samsung product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Samsung user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Samsung product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Samsung Announces the Galaxy S8 and S8+ Smartphones Read More Put powerful performance in your pocket with the Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950F 64GB Smartphone in Orchid Gray. This smartphone incorporates 64GB of storage and is powered by an Exynos 8895 CPU running four cores at 1.7 GHz and four cores at 2.3 GHz. Thanks to its integrated microSD expansion slot, users have the option of inserting microSDXC cards to expand their storage. For robust multi-tasking performance, this device also features 4GB of RAM, which allows it to efficiently run multiple apps simultaneously.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 features a 5.8" AMOLED Infinity Display that curves around the phone's sides for an immersive, bezel-free experience. The screen's detailed QHD+ 2960 x 1440 resolution enables vivid and detailed high-definition content. For photo capturing and video chatting, this smartphone features an f/1.7 8-megapixel front camera and an f/1.7 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash. The rear camera's 1/2.5" sensor and 1.4 µm pixels improve low-light performance, and HDR allows you to enjoy photos with optimized exposure. Dual-pixel technology offers faster focusing times with reduced blur.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 has Bluetooth 5.0 built-in for pairing with other Bluetooth-enabled devices, and dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi for high-speed Internet connectivity. Integrated Wi-Fi Direct and NFC give you the ability to connect to compatible devices for wirelessly sharing content like photos and music. The Samsung Galaxy S8 is powered by a 3000mAh lithium-ion battery that can be quickly recharged thanks to on-board Fast Charging technology through the reversible USB Type-C port or through Qi and PMA wireless charging.
- Dual Cameras
- Rear Camera
Photos: f/1.7, 12 megapixels, 26mm-equivalent, optical image stabilization, phase detection autofocus, LED flash
Features: 1/2.5" sensor size, 1.4µm pixel size, dual-pixel technology, geotagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama
Video Recording: 2160p at 30 fps with simultaneous 9MP photos, 1080p at 120 fps, HDR, dual-video recording
Photos: f/1.7, 8 megapixels, autofocus
Features: Dual video call, Auto HDR
- GSM / 4G LTE Wireless Connectivity
- This phone is designed to work on select GSM networks and is 4G LTE capable. LTE is an advanced cellular network data protocol capable of data speeds so fast that they compete with wired broadband Internet providers. With an LTE connection, this phone should have no problem streaming HD video, downloading apps, uploading photos, or anything else that requires a high-speed data connection. The phone is also backwards compatible with 3G and 2G data for instances when you can't get LTE. In addition to cellular wireless, this phone also features Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity.
Note: Not compatible with all cellular networks. Please make sure your provider uses a frequency or band that this phone supports. You can check which bands this phone works with in the Specifications.
- International Variant / US Compatible LTE
- The SM-G950F is an international variant of the Galaxy S8. The SM-G950F's LTE radio is tuned to frequencies that are most often used in the United States and North America, as well as Europe and elsewhere. To ensure this phone will work with your carrier please check to make sure the frequencies your carrier uses are supported by this phone. The full list of compatible carrier frequencies can be found here, the frequencies this phone supports can be found in the product specs.
Because the SM-G950F is an international variant the language of the box and the default language of the phone may not be in English. Also, an international AC to USB adapter may be included.
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- The Android operating system integrates heavily with Google's services. Using the card-based Google Now, Android quickly surfaces information for you whenever you need it, powered by the same Knowledge Engine that runs Google's web search. It's a personalized and customizable OS, allowing you to add your favorite apps or widgets to your homescreen. You can even download new themes using the Google Play Store, which offers access to more than one million apps, games, books, music, movies, and more. Android 7.0 Nougat adds major productivity capabilities to the operating system in the form of a multi-window view, which allows for two apps to be placed onscreen at a time. An improved notification system allows you to interact with texts and emails right from your notification pane - without needing to open the app. Other features include file-based encryption, a Data Saver mode, the ability to scale text and icons to better suit your phone's screen, and more.
- Infinity Display
- The Infinity Display wraps around the left and right edges of the device for an immersive experience and offers QHD+ 2960 x 1440 resolution. The display is certified by the UHD Alliance as Mobile HDR Premium for accurate color reproduction.
- Samsung Enhancements
- Water-Resistant: The device features an IP68 rating, making it dustproof and able to be submerged in 4.9' of water for up to 30 minutes
- Charging: Supports Fast Charging and Qi/PMA wireless charging
- Device Coating: Durable Gorilla Glass 5 covers the screen and device rear panel
- Bixby: Interact with a context-aware assistant by pressing the Bixby button and using voice and touch
- Samsung DeX: Use a keyboard, mouse, and external display with your device for PC-like productivity with the DeX Station Dock (sold separately)
- AKG Earbuds: The included earbuds are tuned by AKG by Harman with a hybrid canal fit and anti-tangle metal-fabric cable
- Dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi Direct connectivity
- Near Field Communication (NFC) support
- A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, and BDS support
- Bluetooth Version 5.0 with A2DP, LE, and apt-X support
- USB host support
- ANT+ support
- Samsung DeX (Desktop Experience Support)
In the Box Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950F 64GB Smartphone (Unlocked, Orchid Gray) AKG by Harman-Tuned Earbuds USB Charger Limited 1-Year Warranty The Best Smartphones of 2018 M. Brett Smith 12/20/2018 Smart Assistants Roundup M. Brett Smith 12/14/2018 The Camera Phone is 20 Years Old! Allan Weitz 06/11/2017 What Smartphones Should I Consider If I Care About Security? Chris Gold 05/01/2017 Why Buy an Unlocked Phone: A Primer Chris Gold 08/12/2015 vdzxzzwwbewdvyae Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone M. Brett Smith 03/28/2019 Table of Contents
- Additional Features
- TouchWiz user interface
- Always-on display
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity, geo-magnetic, gyro, fingerprint scanner, iris scanner, barometer, hall, pressure, RGB light, heart rate, Sp02
- Samsung S-Voice technology
- Active noise-cancelling with dedicated microphone
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950F 64GB Smartphone in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Samsung SM-G950F Specs
| Operating System || Android 7.0 Nougat |
| Memory || 4 GB |
| Chipset || Samsung Exynos 8895 |
| CPU || 1.7 GHz ARM Cortex A53 Quad-Core |
2.3 GHz Samsung Mongoose
| Coprocessor || None |
| GPU || Mali G71-MP20 |
| Storage || 64 GB |
| Size || 5.8" |
| Native Resolution || 2960 x 1440 |
| Display Colors || 16.0 Million |
| Aspect Ratio || 18.5:9 |
| Pixel Density || 570 ppi |
| Display Technology || OLED |
| Screen Coating || Gorilla Glass 5 |
| Ports || 1 x USB 3.1 - Type C |
| Audio || 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm Headphone/Microphone |
1 x Integrated Stereo Speakers
| Flash Media Slot || 1 x microSDXC |
| GSM 2G || GSM, GPRS, EDGE: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz |
| GSM 3G/3.5G || UMTS, HSPA+: 850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz |
| 4G LTE || LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 17, 20, 28 Bands |
| Wi-Fi || Yes, Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) |
| Bluetooth || Bluetooth 5.0 + LE |
| NFC || Yes |
| Infrared || None |
| GPS || Yes |
| FM Radio || No |
| Sensors || Accelerometer, Ambient Light Sensor, Barometer (Altimeter), Fingerprint, Gyroscope, Proximity |
| Water Resistance || Submersible |
| IP Rating || IP68 |
| Keyboard || Virtual |
| Pointing Device || None |
| Battery || Internal Lithium-Ion (3000.0 mAh) |
| Fast Charging Technology || Samsung Adaptive Fast Charger |
| Wireless Charging Technology || Qi, PMA |
| Dimensions (W x H x D) || 2.7 x 5.9 x 0.3" / 68.1 x 148.9 x 8.0 mm |
| Weight || 5.47 oz / 155 g |
| Package Weight || 0.975 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 6.55 x 3.45 x 2.1" |
Rating88% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 73 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
Post new comment to Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950F 64GB Smartphone
|Subject: How to replace battery?|
|Date: 20.05.2019 13:37:53||Name: Peter Johnson|
|Hello, I have this phone more than 3 yrs and the battery life is so short. Is it possible to replace it? I don´t want to buy a new phone iven if the battery could be replaced.|
Thank you for you reply! Regards, Peter
|Name: Technická podpora||Date: 20.05.2019 14:05:20|
|Dear Peter, Yes it’s possible. You can visit Samsung repair service or the good news is that there’s a simple way to do it. You don’t need to pay a hefty price to your phone repair company, either. You only need to buy a well-made spare battery. First off, we can estimate that as much as you’re willing to follow a few simple steps, the battery replacement process is pretty much a DIY one. So, you can spend in the range of $10 - $20 for a replacement battery. Usually, these replacements come with an installation kit. The kit can also be found alongside the user manual. If the user manual isn’t available, you can always find some helpful installation videos on youtube.|
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
pom gear smart pods
Lorex by flir model LHV210800 manuel keep getting no signal message in small blue frame middle of screen after a few minutes it resets itself again ...
JVC DVD Home ENTERTAINMENT CENTER MX-536B Muhero...
Wildgame Innovations 4.3" Trail Pad LCD Media view vu50...
03 gxp bonneville Pontiac owners manual
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
Name: Muhero Poulus
JVC MX-N536B 2.1-Channel Region-Free DVD Home
My system suddenly stops up on turning up the volume. Even the standby light does not show, what should I do?Query...
Name: Colin Waldron
Schmidt & Bender 12.5-50x56 Field Target
My S&B Field Target scope I wish to use at 25 yds . It appears to be zeroed at 10 m but shooots high at 25 m. I cannot wind below zero to lower the crosshairs further. Is there some sort of zero lock ? How do I get lower as I bought this to use for bench rest and do not wish to a...
Bower VL437 4.0x High Power Telephoto Lens (37mm Thread
Name: Newell Barrett
Bower VL437 4.0x High Power Telephoto
Have tried this lens on 2 phones, all I get is a small circle in the middle of the screen (the telephoto section), this is with the lens pressed hard against the phone camera...
JVC MX-N536B 2.1-Channel Region-Free DVD Home
I would like to purchase it but i do know if the 2x200W + 1x350W are the real RMS or the PMPO.
Please tell me the RMS.
user manual for Eartec UltraLITE HD single ear headset
Name: Kelly Root
Eartec UltraLITE Single-Ear Remote Headset with
How do I get a user manual? The non-master headset does not pair consistently and battery dies....