User Manual for Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950U 64GB Smartphone Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950U 64GB Smartphone
- Product category: Unlocked Cell Phones Samsung
- Brand: Samsung
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Samsung Unlocked Cell Phones
User manual for the Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950U 64GB Smartphone contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Samsung product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Samsung user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Samsung product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Back to School: 5 Phones to Study Up On Read More Put powerful performance in your pocket with the Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950U 64GB Smartphone in Midnight Black. This smartphone incorporates 64GB of storage and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 CPU running four cores at 1.9 GHz and four cores at 2.35 GHz. Thanks to its integrated microSD expansion slot, users have the option of inserting microSDXC cards to expand their storage. For robust multi-tasking performance, this device also features 4GB of RAM, which allows it to efficiently run multiple apps simultaneously.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 features a 5.8" AMOLED Infinity Display that curves around the phone's sides for an immersive, bezel-free experience. The screen's detailed QHD+ 2960 x 1440 resolution enables vivid and detailed high-definition content. For photo capturing and video chatting, this smartphone features an f/1.7 8-megapixel front camera and an f/1.7 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash. The rear camera's 1/2.5" sensor and 1.4µm pixels improve low-light performance, and HDR allows you to enjoy photos with optimized exposure. Dual-pixel technology offers faster focusing times with reduced blur.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 has Bluetooth 5.0 built-in for pairing with other Bluetooth-enabled devices, and dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi for high-speed Internet connectivity. Integrated Wi-Fi Direct and NFC give you the ability to connect to compatible devices for wirelessly sharing content like photos and music. The Samsung Galaxy S8 is powered by a 3000mAh lithium-ion battery that can be quickly recharged thanks to on-board Fast Charging technology through the reversible USB Type-C port or through Qi and PMA wireless charging.
Note: The SM-G950U is the North American Variant of the Galaxy S8. It will run on any GSM network that uses cell frequencies supported by the device, including AT&T and T-Mobile. It will also work with certain CDMA carriers, such as Verizon and Sprint. Current Verizon SIM cards can be transferred to the new device, though the carrier may limit the purchase of new SIM cards for unlocked phones. Since this device is unlocked, functionality for certain carrier-specific features cannot be guaranteed. Please confirm with your carrier that it supports the SM-G950U Galaxy S8 before purchasing.
- Dual Cameras
- Rear Camera
Photos: f/1.7, 12 megapixels, 26mm-equivalent, optical image stabilization, phase detection autofocus, LED flash
Features: 1/2.5" sensor size, 1.4µm pixel size, dual-pixel technology, geotagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama
Video Recording: 2160p at 60 fps with simultaneous 9MP photos, 1080p at 120 fps, HDR, dual-video recording
Photos: f/1.7, 5 megapixels, autofocus
Features: Dual video call, Auto HDR
- GSM + CDMA / 4G LTE Wireless Connectivity
- This phone is designed to work on select GSM and CDMA networks and is 4G LTE capable. LTE is an advanced cellular network data protocol capable of data speeds so fast that they compete with wired broadband Internet providers. With an LTE connection, this phone should have no problem streaming HD video, downloading apps, uploading photos, or anything else that requires a high-speed data connection. The phone is also backwards compatible with 3G and 2G data for instances when you can't get LTE. In addition to cellular wireless, this phone also features Bluetooth, NFC, and Wi-Fi connectivity.
Note: Not compatible with all cellular networks. Please make sure your provider uses a frequency or band that this phone supports, and that they will allow you to used carrier unlocked phones. You can check which bands this phone works within the specifications.
- North American Variant / US Compatible LTE
- The SM-G950U is a US variant of the Galaxy S8. The SM-G950U's LTE and CDMA radios are tuned to frequencies that are most often used in the United States and North America. It can also be used in other parts of the world; however, LTE access may be limited or unsupported, depending on the network. To ensure this phone will work with your carrier please check to make sure the frequencies your carrier uses are supported by this phone. The full list of compatible carrier frequencies can be found here, the frequencies this phone supports can be found in the product specs.
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- The Android operating system integrates heavily with Google's services. Using the card-based Google Now, Android quickly surfaces information for you whenever you need it, powered by the same Knowledge Engine that runs Google's web search. It's a personalized and customizable OS, allowing you to add your favorite apps or widgets to your homescreen. You can even download new themes using the Google Play Store, which offers access to more than one million apps, games, books, music, movies, and more. Android 7.0 Nougat adds major productivity capabilities to the operating system in the form of a multi-window view, which allows for two apps to be placed onscreen at a time. An improved notification system allows you to interact with texts and emails right from your notification pane - without needing to open the app. Other features include file-based encryption, a Data Saver mode, the ability to scale text and icons to better suit your phone's screen, and more.
- Infinity Display
- The Infinity Display wraps around the left and right edges of the device for an immersive experience and offers QHD+ 2960 x 1440 resolution. The display is certified by the UHD Alliance as Mobile HDR Premium for accurate color reproduction.
- Samsung Enhancements
- Water-Resistant: The device features an IP68 rating, making it dustproof and able to be submerged in 4.9' of water for up to 30 minutes
- Charging: Supports Fast Charging and Qi/PMA wireless charging
- Device Coating: Durable Gorilla Glass 5 covers the screen and device rear panel
- Bixby: Interact with a context-aware assistant by pressing the Bixby button and using voice and touch
- Samsung DeX: Use a keyboard, mouse, and external display with your device for PC-like productivity with the DeX Station Dock (sold separately)
- AKG Earbuds: The included earbuds are tuned by AKG by Harman with a hybrid canal fit and anti-tangle metal-fabric cable
- Dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi Direct connectivity
- Near Field Communication (NFC) support
- A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, and BDS support
- Bluetooth Version 5.0 with A2DP, LE, and apt-X support
- USB host support
- ANT+ support
- Samsung DeX (Desktop Experience Support)
UPC: 887276218830 In the Box Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950U 64GB Smartphone (Unlocked, Midnight Black) AKG by Harman-Tuned Earbuds USB Type-C Cable Adaptive Fast Charger SIM Eject Tool Limited 1-Year Warranty The Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ are Now Available from B&H Max Waldroop 06/16/2017 seuvrdrrzdsrxbczefrdauaxyucxryrzdtvyzz The Best Smartphones of 2018 M. Brett Smith 12/20/2018 Smart Assistants Roundup M. Brett Smith 12/14/2018 The Camera Phone is 20 Years Old! Allan Weitz 06/11/2017 What Smartphones Should I Consider If I Care About Security? Chris Gold 05/01/2017 Why Buy an Unlocked Phone: A Primer Chris Gold 08/12/2015 User Manual PDF 2mb More info from Samsung Table of Contents
- Additional Features
- TouchWiz user interface
- Always-on display
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity, geo-magnetic, gyro, fingerprint scanner, iris scanner, barometer, hall, pressure, RGB light, heart rate, Sp02
- Samsung S-Voice technology
- Active noise-cancelling with dedicated microphone
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950U 64GB Smartphone in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Download User ManualThe user manual for the Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950U 64GB Smartphone can be downloaded in PDF format at the link stated below.
Samsung SM-G950U Specs
| Operating System || Android 7.0 Nougat |
| Memory || 4 GB |
| Chipset || Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 |
| CPU || 1.9 GHz Qualcomm Kryo Quad-Core |
2.35 GHz Qualcomm Kryo Quad-Core
| Coprocessor || None |
| GPU || Adreno 540 |
| Storage || 64 GB |
| Size || 5.8" |
| Native Resolution || 2960 x 1440 |
| Display Colors || 16.0 Million |
| Aspect Ratio || 18.5:9 |
| Pixel Density || 570 ppi |
| Display Technology || OLED |
| Screen Coating || Gorilla Glass 5 |
| Ports || 1 x USB 3.1 - Type C |
| Audio || 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm Headphone/Microphone |
1 x Integrated Stereo Speakers
| Flash Media Slot || 1 x microSDXC |
| SIM Card Size || Card 1: Nano |
| CDMA 2G || CDMA: 800, 1900 MHz |
| GSM 2G || GSM, GPRS, EDGE: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz |
| CDMA 3G || CDMA2000, EV-DO: 800, 1900 MHz |
| GSM 3G/3.5G || UMTS, HSPA+: 850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100 MHz |
| 4G LTE || LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41 Bands |
| Wi-Fi || Yes, Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) |
| Bluetooth || Bluetooth 5.0 + LE |
| NFC || Yes |
| Infrared || No |
| GPS || Yes |
| FM Radio || No |
| Sensors || Ambient Light Sensor, Accelerometer, Barometer (Altimeter), Fingerprint, Gyroscope, Proximity |
| Water Resistance || Submersible |
| IP Rating || IP68 |
| Keyboard || Virtual |
| Pointing Device || None |
| Battery || Internal Lithium-Ion (3000.0 mAh) |
| Fast Charging Technology || Samsung Adaptive Fast Charger |
| Wireless Charging Technology || Qi, PMA |
| Dimensions (W x H x D) || 2.7 x 5.9 x 0.3" / 68.1 x 148.9 x 8.0 mm |
| Weight || 5.47 oz / 155 g |
| Package Weight || 0.99 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 6.45 x 3.5 x 2.05" |
Rating82% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 01 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
Looking for Model #SLC8200BSTV3...
Operational manual or how to use it. SOUNDTRACK professional Mixer MIX2224BU. We lost our sound operator, therefore we need to learn on how to use it,...
Microsoft wireless keyboard 850...
AMD Quad Gaming Computer, Athlon X4 950 4x3.8GHz,
16GB DDR4, AMD Radeon...
I am looking for an instruction manual to set up the Quik Love WS 550 with accessories (mic stand, music stand, etc.)
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
WON'T PRINT COLOR
Name: betty mcdonald
Canon PIXMA TS3120 Wireless All-in-One Inkjet
New color cartridge. Will only print black and it is faded and you can't read the numbers. Also, it shows the color to be almost empty and it was just inserted a short time ago....
Brother TN730 Standard Yield Black Toner
I can not get ny TN730 to connect to my WIFI...
roland vt-12 vocal trainer
Name: BRUCE CASH
Roland VT-12 - Vocal Trainer
please send me a copy of roland vt-12 vocal trainer manual. I have a vocal trainer I purchased from amazon and misplaced the manual and don't know how to operate it. send pdf file so I can start practicing on it. ...
Self Adhesive White Foam Board SAFW3240.3C
Name: William Discher
Nielsen & Bainbridge Foam Core Board
when is repositionable board set?
when can I trim the art/ board without puling up the paper from the adhesive?...
Name: Monica Gauthier
Skullcandy Push Truly Wireless Earbuds
Since I purchased my Skullcandy push earbuds I have truly never been satisfied. I frequently approach the supposedly charged connected to an outlet earbuds to be informed that they are battery low. How is that possible when I set them in the box and noted that they were red and c...