User Manual for Sky-Watcher Skymax 127 AZ-GTi 127mm f 12 GoTo Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Sky-Watcher Skymax 127 AZ-GTi 127mm f
- Product category: Catadioptrics (Cassegrains) Sky-Watcher
- Brand: Sky-Watcher
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Sky-Watcher Catadioptrics (Cassegrains)
User manual for the Sky-Watcher Skymax 127 AZ-GTi 127mm f contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Sky-Watcher product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Sky-Watcher user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Sky-Watcher product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description Combining power, portability, and connectivity, the Sky-Watcher Skymax 127 AZ-GTi 127mm f/12 GoTo Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope gives users an easy-to-use observational platform for viewing the Moon, planets, and deep-sky objects right out of the box.The compact and powerful Maksutov-Cassegrain design is combined with a limited-diffraction optical system and fully multi-coated lens surfaces. The Mak design corrects off-axis aberrations like comas and chromatic aberrations, while the limited-diffraction system prevents light from being scattered by defects in the mirrors and corrector plate. These complementary features, plus the anti-reflection coatings, work together to produce crisp and clear views with true-color rendition and improved contrast and resolution.Guiding the optical tube assembly (OTA) is Sky-Watcher's AZ-GTi GoTo AZ mount. It features an integrated WiFi module that generates its own local network signal to allow wireless control via a smartphone running their free SynScan Pro app for Android and iOS devices. The app is intuitively laid out for easy setup, navigation, and exploration of the sky—even if you've never looked through a telescope before. Packed with over 42,900 objects with daytime and nighttime alignment-assistance procedures, plus advanced features such as periodic error correction, backlash compensation, tours, and DSLR camera control, the SynScan app is a powerful yet easy-to-use way to control the mount.To give users a complete observation platform, Sky-Watcher includes a sturdy yet lightweight aluminum tripod that comes with an extension pier. The pier adds additional height for easier viewing when the OTA is aimed at or near the zenith. Two eyepieces, which produce 60x and 150x magnifications, give you a comfortable range for viewing near- and deep-sky objects, while a 90° diagonal places your head in a more comfortable and natural viewing position.
- Optical Tube Assembly
- 127mm aperture enables detailed observations of the Moon, plus planetary and deep-sky viewing
- 1500mm focal length helps to produce a moderate magnification potential and focal ratio
- Diffraction-limited optical system prevents light from being scattered by defects in the mirrors and corrector plate for maximum clarity, contrast, and resolution
- Front convex meniscus lens corrects spherical and chromatic aberrations and comas (off-axis aberrations) across the entire field of view
- Smaller secondary mirror versus Schmidt-Cassegrains reduces obstructions and increases contrast
- Fully multi-coated optics maximize light transmission to improve brightness, color rendition, sharpness, and contrast
- Resolution: 0.91 arcsec
- Internal primary mirror focusing mechanism
- 1.25" visual back is compatible with the most popular size eyepieces and accessories
- Mount & Tripod
- Motorized alt-azimuth design
- Integrated WiFi module allows for direct connection to smartphones without the need for routers or Internet connection
- DC servo motors precisely move the mount on both axes with minimum vibration
- Dual encoders on each axis maintain alignment, even when mount is moved by hand, allowing the user to move the mount manually across the sky while keeping GoTo functionality
- Altitude and azimuth clutch knobs enable easy manual movement
- SNAP port allows optional remote shutter-release cables to be connected to mount for advanced astrophotography
- Runs on eight user-supplied AA batteries or optional 12 VDC power cord
- Adjustable-height aluminum-legged tripod
- Max height: 43.3"
- Max leg spread: 42.3"
- Spiked feet provide greater stability on rough, uneven, and soft ground
- Center tray holds accessories such as eyepieces, filters, phones, and flashlights
- Extension pier placed between the tripod and mount head adds height for more comfortable viewing without sacrificing stability or increasing vibration when the OTA is pointed at or near the zenith
- SynScan App
- Free app for Android and iOS devices
- Align, move, and control mount wirelessly
- Automatic day, date, time, and location using the device's GPS unit
- 42,900+ object database, similar to the conventional SynScan hand controller
- Sky tour shows best deep-sky objects visible at a specific day/date/time
- Solar, lunar, sidereal tracking rates
- Slew speeds: 0.5x, 1x, 8x, 16x, 32x, 64x, 128x, 400x, 600x, Max (800x/3.4°/sec)
- Assisted nighttime and daytime alignment procedures
- Periodic error correction (PEC) allows user to train out intrinsic tracking errors and save them into the permanent memory to improve GoTo and tracking accuracy over time
- Backlash compensation eliminates the backlash experienced when gears stop and settle for improved GoTo and slewing accuracy
- DSLR shutter release and exposure control enable long-exposure, time-lapse, and other advanced astrophotography techniques to be controlled by the app through the SNAP port on mount
- Solar system, including Moon, Sun, and planets
- NGC catalog
- IC catalog
- Messier catalog
- Caldwell catalog
- SAO catalog
- Named stars
- Double (binary) stars
- Variable stars
- User-defined celestial and terrestrial objects
UPC: 050234211307 In the Box Sky-Watcher Skymax 127 AZ-GTi 127mm f/12 GoTo Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope Red Dot Finder with Bracket 1.25" Star Diagonal 10mm Eyepiece 25mm Eyepiece AZ-GTi GoTo AZ Mount Limited 2-Year Warranty Table of Contents
- Included Accessories
- 1.25"-diameter barrel
- Accept most 1.25" filters
- 10mm focal length yields 150x power
- 25mm eyepiece produces 60x magnification
- 1.25" snout and holder are compatible with the most popular size drawtubes and accessories
- 90° angle places the user's head in a comfortable position, especially when the OTA is aimed at or near the zenith
- Star diagonal configuration corrects the view vertically, but not horizontally
- Wide unmagnified field of view makes alignment easy and star-hopping navigation fast
- Simple red dot allows easy centering without covering small or dim objects
- Includes mounting bracket
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Sky-Watcher Skymax 127 AZ-GTi 127mm f 12 GoTo Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Sky-Watcher Skymax Specs
| Optical Design || Maksutov Cassegrain |
| Aperture || 127 mm / 5" |
| Focal Length || 1500 mm |
| Focal Ratio || f/11.8 |
| Focuser || Internal |
| Eyepiece Barrel Diameter || 1.25" |
| Diagonal || Star |
| Finderscope || Yes |
| Type || Motorized; Alt-Azimuth |
| GoTo Capability || Yes |
| Type || Adjustable, 2-Section |
| Material of Tripod || Aluminum |
| Batteries || 8 x AA |
| Adapter || 12 VDC |
| GPS || None |
| Wi-Fi || Yes (Built In) |
| Weight || 9.7 lb / 4.4 kg (OTA) |
2.9 lb / 1.3 kg (Mount)
4.2 lb / 1.9 kg (Tripod)
| Package Weight || 24.0 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 34.0 x 17.0 x 10.25" |
Rating70% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 01 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
Post new comment to Sky-Watcher Skymax 127 AZ-GTi 127mm f 12 GoTo Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope
|Date: 06.07.2022 06:22:35||Name: Rubens|
|Preciso manual em português |
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
Swann 6 channelDVRB-4580 G
S/N 104671 808200627
PURCHASED at Jaycar Cairns Australia in 2022...
ADURO NDURE SERIES 6000 mAh solar powered power bank charger...
Sennheiser HD 558...
Feidu300 video wireless transmitter...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
Re markable Machine
Name: Philip Fell
Epson SureColor P5000 Commercial Edition 17"
Name: HASINA ANDRIAJAFINIRINA
Hikvision DS-2CD2043G0-I 4MP Outdoor Network Bullet
I've just got a camera HICKVISION DS-2CD2043G0-1. I've never use it in the past. it is the first time. I want to try to usu it but I don't know how to connect it to my PC. It was provided with a LAN cable wich is atapted to its cable, I can powered it, so two red lights ar...
User manual Carl-218 18"
Name: Kath Wurts
Carl RT-218 18" Rotary Disc Cutter
Can you please email to me the User Manual for Carl-218 18".
Importing Data from Sidekick98
Name: Barry Stein
Individual Software Anytime Organizer 16
How do I import data (names, addresses, notes files from Sidekick98?...
Intensity verhindert Start von Resolve 18
Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro 4K
win 10 Pro, Resolve Studio 18 mit Dongle:
Ohne Intensity läuft Resolve problemlos.
Nach der Installation inkl. aller Treiber wird Intensity korrekt im Gerätemanager angezeigt.
Jedoch startet Resolve nicht mehr. Nach Entfernung der Itensity aus dem PC startet Resolve wieder...