User Manual for Slate Digital VRS8 8-Channel Interface with Included Software Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Slate Digital VRS8 8-Channel Interface with
- Product category: Audio Interfaces & Systems Slate Digital
- Brand: Slate Digital
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Slate Digital Audio Interfaces & Systems
User manual for the Slate Digital VRS8 8-Channel Interface with contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Slate Digital product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Slate Digital user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Slate Digital product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
The Slate Digital VRS8 is an 8-channel interface designed to provide a flat, linear frequency response, as well as extremely low latencies of 0.7 ms at 97 kHz. It utilizes a satellite-grade clocking system and AKM AK5578 converter chips, ensuring a stable audio performance and a dynamic range of 124 dB. Two discrete headphone amplifiers are on hand for pristine private monitoring, and two front-facing 1/4" instrument jacks accept both instrument and line-level signals.This interface is designed to be paired with separately available Slate Digital microphones to deliver what slate calls the VRS, or Virtual Recording Studio. Using this preamp, the aforementioned microphones, and included software, the VRS aims to put heretofore cost-prohibitive, holy-grail mic/pre combinations at your fingertips, with each element in the chain contributing to that goal.Slate Digital is a company well-regarded for its modeling software, and the VRS8 offers almost all of this software, some of it on perpetual basis—as is the case with the Virtual preamp collection—and the rest of it via year-long licenses.In fact, a complimentary one-year subscription to the Slate Everything Bundle is included with your purchase. This package of software comprises a continuously updated suite of emulations and plug-ins, including venerable compressors, equalizers, tube-circuit modules, tape machines, consoles, mastering processors, and more. Everything from vintage and modern buttons from the 76s are represented, as are channel strips from venerated boards, and a few proprietary designs such as an Air EQ by way of Eiosis and a harmonic enhancer by way of the Revival.Using the VRS8, an ML-1 Microphone, and the Everything Bundle, you can achieve the sound of a 67 through a variety of authentic-sounding gear, such as a British channel strip, a 73-style preamp, a 76-style compressor, a de-esser, and a tape machine emulation—all in real time.This software is compatible with Mac and Windows platforms, operating in AU, VST and AAX formats. On Mac computers, the interface connects via Thunderbolt. A PCIe card is provided for use with Windows machines and other compatible computing systems. Note: Please note: This listing is for the VRS8 Interface only and requires separate purchase of the corresponding microphones.
- Introducing The VRS8 Thunderbolt Interface
- Slate Digital Presents The VRS Experience
- 8 Linear Preamps
- The start of any signal chain is extremely important, which is why the VRS8 features eight high-bandwidth Ultra Linear microphone preamps. These are of the same blank canvas design as the VMS-One preamp, enabling you to use the modelling software to recreate the authentic sound of famous microphones and preamps. Each preamp has its own high-quality metal knob, so you can easily set levels like a regular analog preamp.
- High-Quality Converters
- The next step in the signal chain is the converter itself. The VRS8 offers AKM AK5578 converter chips that provide 124 dB of dynamic range.
- LLN Technology
- In order to achieve low-latency across multiple platforms, Slate developed LLN technology, which stands for Low Latency Native. LLN utilizes a custom hard-wired converter chipset, which reduces managed components in the audio path and allows an 0.7 milliseconds of latency at 96K (with a 32-sample buffer). This latency spec allows you to monitor through mic and preamp emulations while tracking, giving you the ability to hear your audio in context while still allowing you to change your mind later.
- XTC Audio Clock
- The audio clock is the heart of any recording interface, and the VRS8 is no exception with its XTC clocking technology. This clock is satellite-grade, utilizing four temperature-compensated crystal oscillators for stability, keeping your audio jitter and distortion free.
- Discrete Headphone Amplifiers
- Most engineers listen to music on headphones when working in the studio, so Slate has implemented discrete amplifiers to ensure that your headphones sound robust and clear. Not only that, Slate also added two separate monitor mixes and the ability to use the VRS8 as a speaker switcher.
- Cross Platform Low-Latency Performance
- The world of audio interfaces is rarely cross-platform when it comes to performance, meaning that Mac devices (using Thunderbolt) usually far outperform Windows interfaces (using USB). While USB can be effective for two-channel designs, it requires more CPU overhead to manage, resulting in higher CPU usage and longer latency values than Thunderbolt. Thus, the VRS8 offers both Thunderbolt and PCIe connectivity for maximum cross-platform compatibility. The PCIe performance is the same as Thunderbolt, so you can decide for yourself which connection to use. You can also link up to 6 VRS8's via Thunderbolt to achieve 48 inputs and outputs.
- Native MIDI I/O
- Unlike USB MIDI interfaces (where MIDI information has to fight with your mouse, keyboard, and other USB traffic), MIDI I/O on the VRS8 never touches the USB bus. You can count on accurate MIDI timing.
- Included Preamp Models
- More preamp models will be released, but at the very least, you get the following:
- FG-73: The FG-73 preamp module is modeled after a famous, discrete solid-state preamp made in Britain and used on countless recordings from the 70s onwards. It has a bold, present and warm sound that works great on any audio source, even full mixes.
- FG-76: The FG-76 preamp module is modeled after a vintage German tube preamp that has been used on many classic recordings. It has a thick, colorful tone that can help enliven tracks and mixes. The bottom-end saturates in a musical way, making it a great module for bass guitar.
UPC: 888365752617 In the Box Slate Digital VRS8 8-Channel Interface with Included Software PCIe Card 1-Year Subscription to the Slate Digital Everything Bundle (Software) Perpetual License to Virtual Preamp Collection Limited 1-Year Warranty on Hardware Table of Contents
- Included Software
- The Everything Bundle is constantly updating with new products, but at its core are the following:
- Audified U73b
- Classic Tubes 1
- Classic Tubes 2
- Classic Tubes 3
- Virtual Tube Collection
- Virtual Console Collection
- Virtual Preamp Collection
- FG-116 FET Blue Series
- Custom Series
- Air & Earth Modules
- Mix Bundle (FG-N, FG-S, FG-401, FG-116)
- The Monster
- Virtual Buss Compressors
- Virtual Tape Machine
- FG-X Mastering Processor
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Slate Digital VRS8 8-Channel Interface with Included Software in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Slate Digital VRS8 Specs
| Host Connection || 2 x Thunderbolt (MDP) |
1 x HDMI (PCIe)
| Analog I/O || 2 x 1/4" (6.3 mm) Line/Hi-Z Input |
8 x Combo XLR / 1/4" Mic/Line Input
8 x 1/4" (6.3 mm) Line Output
2 x 1/4" (6.3 mm) TRS Headphone Output
| Digital I/O || None |
| MIDI I/O || 1 x 5-Pin MIDI In |
1 x 5-Pin MIDI Out
| Latency || 0.7 ms at 96 kHz (Dependent on Buffer Size) |
| OS Compatibility || macOS 10.7 or Later |
Windows 7 or Later
| Processor Requirement || Intel Core i5 |
| RAM Requirements || 4 GB |
| Package Weight || 10.8 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 22.25 x 14.5 x 6.0" |
Rating90% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 66 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
Post new comment to Slate Digital VRS8 8-Channel Interface with Included Software
|Subject: Connecting VRS8 to Mac Pro Tower what cable or connectors to use.|
|Date: 27.09.2021 04:44:22||Name: Eric |
|Hi Please let me know the cable and connectors to use the Slate VRS8 with a new 202- Mac Proc Tower.|
The Mac Pro has thunderbolt 3.
The VRS8 has Thunderbolt 2
What is needed to connect them?
Please provide links to purchase what is needed to connect and any related documentation.
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
TaoTronics TT-BH06 Wireless Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones user manual...
Taotronics TT-BH06 earphone manual...
DJI MAVIC PRO...
I'm looking for the instructions manual of the TASGO T100 Watch...
ROCCAT kone aimo roc 11-820-we ...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
DB500 Direct Box - screws needed
On-Stage DB500 - Direct Box
Hi. My DB500 direct box needs 2 3 mm machine screws and a nut to reaffix the wire connecting component to the housing and 2 wood screws to screw the plate back onto the housing. Where can I get these parts? Thank you....
Name: Francine Davis
Fargo DTC1250e Single-Sided ID Card Printer
How do I get an existing photo on to my ID card
Right now I take the photo and print - not sure how to drop a saved one in the Photo box
uploading images to desktop
Name: Cindy Einhouse
Wolverine Data F2D Titan 8-in-1 High-Definition
I successfully saved images onto a disk, but cannot get them to save to my desktop. Instructions say "A Microsoft Wizard Window will pop out" but it does not. Please help....
Name: kent hatfield
Nest Thermostat E
Please email me a owners operating manual for my NEST E. thank you
Name: Linda Kerns
Kodak Photo Printer Mini
Lost my password to my mini printer can you help me...