User Manual for Tiffen 6 x 6" 85 Ultra Pol Circular Polarizer Filter Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the Tiffen 6 x 6" 85 Ultra
- Product category: Polarizing Tiffen
- Brand: Tiffen
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for Tiffen Polarizing
User manual for the Tiffen 6 x 6" 85 Ultra contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any Tiffen product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official Tiffen user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a Tiffen product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description The Tiffen 6 x 6" 85 Ultra Pol Circular Polarizer Filter combines both an 85 color conversion filter with a circular polarizing filter to blend the effects of both filter types into a single, convenient solution.
The 85 color conversion aspect of the filter provides a warming effect and decreases the color temperature from 5500K to 3400K, allowing the use of tungsten balanced film in daylight conditions.
The Ultra Pol circular polarizing aspect of the filter helps to greatly reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. This results in a noticeable increase in the saturation of skies and foliage, as well as clearer imagery when photographing in hazy conditions. A circular polarizer differs from a linear polarizer in that it supports full use of a camera's autofocus and auto exposure functions.
There is a total filter factor of about 6x, requiring an adjustment of 2.6 stops for normal exposure. Tiffen filters are made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass and grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch. This filter measures 6 x 6" / 152.4 x 152.4mm.
- Ultra Pol circular polarizer and 85 amber color conversion filter combination.
- Total filter factor of approximately 6x requires 2.6 stops of additional exposure for normal results.
- Warming 85 color conversion filter decreases color temperature from 5500K to 3400K for using tungsten-balanced film in daylight conditions.
- Polarizer helps to greatly reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors.
- Strongest polarizing effect when used at a 90° angle from the sun.
In the Box Tiffen 6 x 6" 85 Ultra Pol Circular Polarizer Filter Limited 10-Year Warranty Table of Contents
- Compared to a standard polarizer, the Ultra Pol design strives to increase the polarizing effect for enhanced reduction of reflections and greater color saturation.
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the Tiffen 6 x 6" 85 Ultra Pol Circular Polarizer Filter in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
Tiffen 6685UCP Specs
| Filter Type || Circular Polarizer Combination |
| Combination Type || 85 Color Conversion |
| Filter Factor || 6 (2.6 Stop) |
| Shape || Rectangle |
| Rectangular Size || 6 x 6" / 152.4 x 152.4 mm |
| Filter Material || Glass |
Rating50% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 50 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
Yorkville y253 ...
Eero Pro model B010001 9.0V...
Victorinox Swiss Army Multi-Tool, Evolution S54 Toolchest Plus Pocket Knife, Red , 85mm...