User Manual for WD 4TB Elements Portable USB 3.0 External Hard Drive Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the WD 4TB Elements Portable USB 3.0
- Product category: External Drives WD
- Brand: WD
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for WD External Drives
User manual for the WD 4TB Elements Portable USB 3.0 contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any WD product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official WD user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a WD product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description NAB 2019: G-Tech, SanDisk, and WD Show Off Latest Storage Solutions Read More Store and take your important information with you while on-the-go using the 4TB Elements Portable USB 3.0 External Hard Drive from WD. With a capacity of 4TB, it can be used for additional storage or for backing up your videos, photos, music, documents, and other files. The Elements drive connects to your computer with a USB 3.0 port at speeds up to 5 Gb/s, is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 at speeds up to 480 Mb/s, and is formatted as NTFS so Windows 10, 8.1, and 7 systems will recognize it right out of the box. For Mac users, the drive can be formatted to work with Mac OS.
The Elements drive quickly backs up and retrieves files by utilizing USB 3.0 technology and draws power from a USB bus-powered port on your device, meaning that it requires no other additional external power source. Automatic data backups have also been simplified with free software that lets you create scheduled backup times. The WD Elements drive is protected by a limited 2-year worldwide warranty and a micro-USB to USB Type-A cable is included.
- Maximum Transfer Rates
- When connected to a USB 3.0 port, WD Elements portable storage delivers increased performance for data transfers. Transfer a full-length HD movie in a fraction of the time it takes with USB 2.0
- USB 3.0 and 2.0 Compatibility
- Works with USB 3.0 devices and is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 devices
- High Capacity, Small Enclosure
- The small, lightweight design offers high-capacity storage, making WD Elements portable storage a viable companion for value-conscious consumers who want to take their important files with them
- Improve Computer Performance
- When your internal hard drive is almost full, your computer slows down. Don't delete files. Free up space on your internal hard drive by transferring files to your WD Elements and get your computer moving again
- WD Quality
- WD knows your data is important to you and builds the internal components of the drive to demanding requirements for durability, shock tolerance, and long-term reliability. The drive is then protected with a durable enclosure
UPC: 718037855981 In the Box WD 4TB Elements Portable USB 3.0 External Hard Drive Micro-USB 3.0 to USB Type-A Cable Limited 2-Year Warranty Table of Contents
- Formatted for Windows
- Formatted NTFS and compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, and 7. It can also be reformatted for Mac
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the WD 4TB Elements Portable USB 3.0 External Hard Drive in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
WD Portable Specs
| Storage Capacity || 4 TB |
| Connection Interface || 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (USB Micro-B) |
| Pre-Format || NTFS |
| Internal Interface || SATA (Unspecified) |
| Type || Hard Disk Drive |
| Bus Power || USB |
| Environmental Resistance || None |
| Operating Temperature || 41 to 95°F / 5 to 35°C |
| Storage Temperature || -4 to 149°F / -20 to 65°C |
| Dimensions (L x W x H) || 4.4 x 3.2 x 0.8" / 111.0 x 82.0 x 21.0 mm |
| Weight || 0.5 lb / 0.2 kg |
| Package Weight || 0.74 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 6.0 x 5.0 x 2.0" |
Rating100% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 00 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
Post new comment to WD 4TB Elements Portable USB 3.0 External Hard Drive
|Subject: Out of nowhere it does not recognize the password I have used|
|Date: 31.10.2020 06:16:03||Name: Curt|
|Is there any type of way to open up drive even if it does not recognize password|
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
Sylvanua 7” swivel Blu-ray Disc portable player...
Hello, I am wondering if you can make a dummy battery coupler for Sony npf batteries...
Planet Waves Eclipse Tuner...
Bresser bird feeder camera....