User Manual for WD 6TB My Book Desktop USB 3.0 External Hard Drive Click to enlarge the picture
Contents of the user manual for the WD 6TB My Book Desktop USB
- Product category: External Drives WD
- Brand: WD
- Description and content of package
- Technical information and basic settings
- Frequently asked questions – FAQ
- Troubleshooting (does not switch on, does not respond, error message, what do I do if...)
- Authorized service for WD External Drives
User manual for the WD 6TB My Book Desktop USB contain basic instructions
that need to be followed during installation and operation.
Before starting your appliance, the user manual should be read through carefully.
Follow all the safety instructions and warnings, and be guided by the given recommendations.
User manual is an integral part of any WD product,
and if it is sold or transferred, they should be handed over jointly with the product.
Following the instructions for use is an essential prerequisite for protecting
health and property during use, as well as recognition of liability on the part of the manufacturer
for possible defects should you make a warranty claim. Download an official WD user manual in which you will find instructions on how to install, use, maintain and service your product.
And do not forget – unsuitable use of a WD product will considerably shorten its lifespan!
Product description NAB 2019: G-Tech, SanDisk, and WD Show Off Latest Storage Solutions Read More
With the 6TB My Book Desktop USB 3.0 External Hard Drive from WD it is easy to back up important files and create system backups using the included WD Backup software for Windows or Time Machine for Mac. In addition to simplifying the backup process for both Windows and Mac computers, this hard drive features 256-bit AES hardware encryption to ensure stored files remain secure. The My Book Desktop drive features a USB 3.0 port for fast data transfers and comes exFAT formatted making it easy to get up and running in no time.
- My Book | Official Product Overview - Now available in up to 10TB
Please note, drive requires reformatting for use with macOS
- Complete Backup
- The My Book desktop storage drive comes equipped with WD Backup software for Windows and Apple Time Machine compatibility to help make sure your photos, videos, music and documents don't get lost. You can set it to run automatically to your schedule. Just pick the time and frequency to back up important files from your system. The My Book desktop hard drive also works great with Acronis True Image WD Edition software to schedule full system backups.
- Password Protection with Hardware Encryption
- The My Book device's built-in 256-bit AES hardware encryption with WD Security software helps keep your content private and safe. Just activate password protection and set your own personalized password.
For quick, convenient access, you can set WD Security to automatically unlock the device on your computer, saving you the hassle of keying in your password every time.
- Reimagined Design
- The compact design of the My Book drive exudes a confidence reflective of its reliability. With a storage capacity of 6TB, you can trust your My Book drive to be the home of your digital life.
UPC: 718037850955 In the Box WD 6TB My Book Desktop USB 3.0 External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Cable AC Adapter Limited 3-Year Warranty User Manual PDF 1.2mbcdzrcwvvxeu Table of Contents
- Easy to Use
- My Book desktop storage is ready to use out of the box for PC so you can start transferring files, saving your memories and backing up. It comes with all the software you need to help protect your data, including WD Backup and WD Security software, and is compatible with Apple Time Machine.
Upload User Manual
Have you got an user manual for the WD 6TB My Book Desktop USB 3.0 External Hard Drive in electronic form? Please send it to us and help us expand our library of instruction manuals.
Thank you, too, on behalf of other users.
To upload the product manual, we first need to check and make sure you are not a robot. After that, your "Submit Link" or "Upload File" will appear.
WD Desktop Specs
| Storage Capacity || 6 TB |
| Connection Interface || 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (USB Micro-B) |
| Pre-Format || exFAT |
| Internal Interface || SATA (Unspecified) |
| Type || Hard Disk Drive |
| Form Factor || 3.5" |
| Security Features || Kensington Security Slot, Password Protection |
| Environmental Resistance || None |
| Operating Temperature || 41 to 95°F / 5 to 35°C |
| Storage Temperature || -4 to 149°F / -20 to 65°C |
| Dimensions (L x W x H) || 1.9 x 5.5 x 6.7" / 49.0 x 139.3 x 170.6 mm |
| Package Weight || 2.7 lb |
| Box Dimensions (LxWxH) || 9.0 x 8.2 x 3.7" |
Rating92% users recommend this product to others. And what about you?
This product has already been rated by 12 owners. Add your rating and experience with the product.
Ask our technicians if you have a problem with your settings,
or if anything is unclear in the user manual you have downloaded.
You can make use of our moderated discussion.
The discussion is public and helps other users of our website who may be encountering similar problems.
The discussion is empty - enter the first post
Post a new topic / query / comment:
|Request for user manual
You can’t find the operation manual you are looking for? Let us know and we will try to add the missing manual:
I’m looking for a manual / Request for manual
Current requests for instruction manuals:
Cyberpowerpc Model C series ET 8830-1084...
Polaroid Blue speaker manual for BTS10W...
LG SL8YG 440W 3.1.2-Channel Soundbar System...
BOOST↑CHARGE™ Power Bank F7...
BESPECO CLAMP SX (40919)...
Latest contributions to the discussion:|
HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse 800
Bravo, magnificent idea and is duly
Name: Rhonda K Gregoire
Fitbit Versa Fitness Watch Special Edition
My Fitbit will not stay charged it only last 6hrs when fully charged...
Name: w456j4w6/h:thj53i34ti563asf 142
FabFilter Pro-Q 3 - EQ Plug-In
w456j4w6/ h:thj53i34ti563asf 5453...
Name: Marcelo J Sigliani
Vine TJ-610 Wi-Fi Touchscreen Thermostat
when the power went out the screen went blank and I can't control the ac...
bose will not power up
Name: george milne
Bose Solo 5 TV Sound System
switch my tv off and usual the bose switches off its self went to switch on the bose and it is not coming on checked power supply getting 20vdc at the bose inlet plug changed batteries on the remote still not coming on....